Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I still think SNG is the best candidate for today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I still prefer Grid but after that vote switch I'd be willing to go with sandy. Not seeing any real case on DGK still.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

sandnavyguy posted:

I can only vote for one, and there’s a high risk I may be mislunched today, so I want my opinion clear so when I flip town people go “oh, maybe we actually should look closer at gridlock” rather than just you, as I’m sure once you flip it will be scum, and I trust town enough to go after you.

No one really does this after a day 1 town flip, though.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Mr. Humalong posted:

No one really does this after a day 1 town flip, though.

Really? Why? Cause that’s my entire reason for voting grid and not DGK.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

sandnavyguy posted:

Wouldn’t that be the logical thing to do though?

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
gridlocke posts are good and your brain has been nurgle plagued if you think otherwise

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

sandnavyguy posted:

Because D1 town lynches are way more likely than D1 scum lynches so it's treated as business as usual. People only go back over D1 reads if the person who flipped is known as a good scum hunter

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

gridlocke posts are good and your brain has been nurgle plagued if you think otherwise

No we're playing 40k

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Rarity posted:

Because D1 town lynches are way more likely than D1 scum lynches so it's treated as business as usual. People only go back over D1 reads if the person who flipped is known as a good scum hunter

That’s... oh.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Rarity posted:

Basically this. Your opinions as a flipped town D1 aren't really valuable...because town don't usually find scum D1. How people voted leading to a town death is much more important than who the execution target thought was scum.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Votecount for Day 1

sandnavyguy (6): Amnistar, Scientastic, Hal Incandenza, DGK2000, Sandwolf, Epsilon Plus
DGK2000 (4): b-minus1, Asphyxious, Mr. Humalong, Toalpaz, Gridlocked, b-minus1
Gridlocked (3): SHALASHASKA HAWKE, Scientastic, SHALASHASKA HAWKE, Scientastic, Rarity, tpink, sandnavyguy
Rarity (1): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Scientastic, Scientastic, SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Hal Incandenza (1): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, t a s t e, Rarity, Rarity
Bifauxnen (1): Rarity, Hal Incandenza, Rarity, SHALASHASKA HAWKE, SHALASHASKA HAWKE, hambeet, Gridlocked, Hal Incandenza, Gridlocked
Toalpaz (1): Scientastic, Scientastic, Bifauxnen
Asphyxious (0): Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong
hambeet (0): Asphyxious, Bifauxnen, Asphyxious, Bifauxnen
t a s t e (0): DGK2000, DGK2000
Amnistar (0): SHALASHASKA HAWKE, SHALASHASKA HAWKE, Scientastic, Scientastic, sandnavyguy, Bifauxnen, Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus, Bifauxnen, Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus, sandnavyguy, Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus
b-minus1 (0): Scientastic, Bifauxnen, Scientastic, Rarity, DGK2000, Bifauxnen, Rarity, DGK2000
Scientastic (0): Rarity, Rarity, Amnistar, Toalpaz, Rarity, Amnistar, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Rarity, Toalpaz

Not Voting (1): b-minus1

With 18 alive, it's 10 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 21st, 2020 at 10 a.m. AEST -- that's in about 4 hours.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Well poo poo. That was a waste of time and a shot in the foot then. Alright DGK,

##vote DGK

And regardless of anything else I still think Gridlock is an additional scum member

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Being lunched as town day 1 is utterly devoid of honor. No one cares about your reads after the fact, everyone forgets you were even in the game. You may as well have never even posted.

It is an ignoble death.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

sandnavyguy posted:

Well poo poo. That was a waste of time and a shot in the foot then. Alright DGK,

##vote DGK

And regardless of anything else I still think Gridlock is an additional scum member

Gridlock will be someone that is gone after in the future, don't worry.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

sandnavyguy posted:

Yes I do, but I love the speculation posted as fact. Sorry I’m picking on your scum bro but maybe help them out in scumchat?

When I was doing my GCSEs, my history teacher told me that pupils at my school had a particular disease, wherein they wrote “I believe” or “I think” when writing the conclusions to their essays. He said that the reader knows that the conclusions drawn in an essay are the opinions of the author, and that there is no need to state this.

Basically, what I’m saying is that I learned an important lesson twenty years ago, and I am
sharing it with you now: I don’t need to start every post I make with “In my opinion” or “Here is what I think:” because it is a given.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

In my other town games so far their reads for town lunches were pretty important so maybe I’m just warped I guess. Or they only killed off really good towns?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Amnistar posted:

Gridlock will be someone that is gone after in the future, don't worry.

Yeah their posts are uh... not good

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Scientastic posted:

When I was doing my GCSEs, my history teacher told me that pupils at my school had a particular disease, wherein they wrote “I believe” or “I think” when writing the conclusions to their essays. He said that the reader knows that the conclusions drawn in an essay are the opinions of the author, and that there is no need to state this.

Basically, what I’m saying is that I learned an important lesson twenty years ago, and I am
sharing it with you now: I don’t need to start every post I make with “In my opinion” or “Here is what I think:” because it is a given.

A given yes, but when framed as you did, with only the conclusion sentence, the implication Int the same. Because, well, there’s usually an argument in essays, no?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Asphyxious posted:

It’s DGK

##vote DGK

Asphyxious posted:

That’s a good-rear end vote btw, people would be wise to join in on it.

Asphyxious posted:

I’m posting plenty. And my vote is solid gold.

Asphyxious posted:

Why mislynch? I found a scum so day 1 can be a success all around.

Asphyxious posted:

Why don’t you try making a case against me, if you have a shred of courage.

Like this is literally the idiot who dropped a vote on me, and everyone else has thought was a good case

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

DGK2000 posted:

Like this is literally the idiot who dropped a vote on me, and everyone else has thought was a good case

I can’t speak for anyone else but I gave you my case on you, and it has nothing to do with gaspy. Unlike you I didn’t jump on a bandwagon. I drew my own conclusions based on your actions.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

sandnavyguy posted:

A given yes, but when framed as you did, with only the conclusion sentence, the implication Int the same. Because, well, there’s usually an argument in essays, no?

You claim I am asserting things “as fact” and it should be perfectly obvious that it is simply a strong expression of my opinion.

The argument is made in the preceding posts.

It is completely disingenuous to try to paint any posts I make as me trying to state things as fact, and you know it.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

sandnavyguy posted:

I can’t speak for anyone else but I gave you my case on you, and it has nothing to do with gaspy. Unlike you I didn’t jump on a bandwagon. I drew my own conclusions based on your actions.

So nobody can ever put a vote on someone, after giving their reasoning, unless they are first. Got it.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

sandnavyguy posted:

In my other town games so far their reads for town lunches were pretty important so maybe I’m just warped I guess. Or they only killed off really good towns?

I can assure you, in the event you are lunched today and flip town, we will take a good long look at Grid tomorrow

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Mr. Humalong posted:

I can assure you, in the event you are lunched today and flip town, we will take a good long look at Grid tomorrow

Turbo SNG if I get lunched today tia

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Turbo me

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

DGK2000 posted:

So nobody can ever put a vote on someone, after giving their reasoning, unless they are first. Got it.

No, but implying that my case on you was derivative of gaspy is incorrect and you know that.

Mr. Humalong posted:

That works. Thank you.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

sandnavyguy (6): Amnistar, Scientastic, Hal Incandenza, DGK2000, Sandwolf, Epsilon Plus
DGK2000 (5): b-minus1, Asphyxious, Mr. Humalong, Toalpaz, Gridlocked, b-minus1, sandnavyguy
Gridlocked (2): SHALASHASKA HAWKE, Scientastic, SHALASHASKA HAWKE, Scientastic, Rarity, tpink, sandnavyguy, sandnavyguy
Bifauxnen (1): Rarity, Hal Incandenza, Rarity, SHALASHASKA HAWKE, SHALASHASKA HAWKE, hambeet, Gridlocked, Hal Incandenza, Gridlocked
Toalpaz (1): Scientastic, Scientastic, Bifauxnen
Amnistar (0): SHALASHASKA HAWKE, SHALASHASKA HAWKE, Scientastic, Scientastic, sandnavyguy, Bifauxnen, Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus, Bifauxnen, Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus, sandnavyguy, Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus
b-minus1 (0): Scientastic, Bifauxnen, Scientastic, Rarity, DGK2000, Bifauxnen, Rarity, DGK2000
Scientastic (0): Rarity, Rarity, Amnistar, Toalpaz, Rarity, Amnistar, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Rarity, Toalpaz

With 18 alive, it's 10 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 21st, 2020 at 10 a.m. AEST -- that's in about 3 hours, 46 minutes.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

sandnavyguy posted:

I gave you my case on you

I read your case, and I found it extremely bad and reaching. Like REALLY reaching.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

sandnavyguy posted:

Well, I'm talking specifically about the D1 execution. Past D1, town opinions start to matter more because there is more stuff that can be influencing their reads.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Scientastic posted:

I read your case, and I found it extremely bad and reaching. Like REALLY reaching.

I mean... okay, it’s much less a reach that his posting pattern is opportunistic and sucks that it is a reach that I must be scum for thinking that it’s possible for town to yell at town but sure.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Scientastic posted:

Can you define why you think it’s a reach?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Uggggh Toal just not even reacting at all to me trying to push em does not feel good, but I guess when it's getting close to deadline they don't need to care. Keep a close eye on Toal if I continue my streak of ending up dead tomorrow.

I'm fine with moving to SNG if he stays in the lead, but I'm a bit more interested in this one:

##vote DGK

Gaspy hasn't said much about his reasons, but if you look back there was this one point where he echoed a "wow" that DGK had just posted. It felt like he was genuinely letting just a tiny bit of his method show, where he's picking up little things in DGK's tone and couldn't hold back the sarcasm there on how that one example stuck out, of DGK posting with a bit of self-conscious affectation or something.

When Gaspy is scum, I think he feels the need to make up a lot more justifications for his votes. He'll give a lot more linguobabble to try and make his points sound more impressive, instead of just sitting back satisfied with his opinion and totally ignoring anyone's attempts to engage him on it. So his lack of explanation doesn't bother me. Right now I can't think of any time Gaspy's actually given a full and satisfying explanation for his vote on somebody when he's town. (Ok wait I can think of one, a long time back when we were having a huge fight in thread so he sure said a lot about why he was voting me, but those were extreme circumstances)

So I think it's a genuine case, and I wanna see if forensic linguistics can give us some instant results. Also this sounds like someone's maybe a bit mad at being caught for the wrong reasons:

DGK2000 posted:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oh also Rarity can you try and not call SNG 'sandy' it gets a little confusing when Sandwolf is also in the game

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

##vote dgk

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Bunch of idiots

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Votecount for Day 1

DGK2000 (7): b-minus1, Asphyxious, Mr. Humalong, Toalpaz, Gridlocked, b-minus1, sandnavyguy, Bifauxnen, DGK2000
sandnavyguy (5): Amnistar, Scientastic, Hal Incandenza, DGK2000, Sandwolf, Epsilon Plus, DGK2000
Gridlocked (2): SHALASHASKA HAWKE, Scientastic, SHALASHASKA HAWKE, Scientastic, Rarity, tpink, sandnavyguy, sandnavyguy
Toalpaz (0): Scientastic, Scientastic, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen

With 18 alive, it's 10 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 21st, 2020 at 10 a.m. AEST -- that's in about 3 hours, 37 minutes.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

DGK2000 posted:

Bunch of idiots

why on earth would you do this DGK?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Da scum self vote

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Amnistar posted:

why on earth would you do this DGK?

come on DGK, take a step away for a second cuz when you come back youll agree that’s a dumb vote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I am legit suspicious of Bif here. What in the world is the case on DGK? It seems like it’s abrasiveness more than anything but that does not make scum. Bif why in the world are you voting DGK over SNG?