Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
He just apologized on air (and had to call a Reds HR in the middle of his apology) then left the booth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I'll admit, most of my knowledge of him is when he does NFL games for Fox, but he's loving awful at that too and I hope this impacts his job there too.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Mahoning posted:

He just apologized on air (and had to call a Reds HR in the middle of his apology) then left the booth.

lol it's straight out of Brockmire

https://twitter.com/jakequery/status/1296254509711228928

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
He’s actually MUCH WORSE calling Reds games. Just insufferable as gently caress, much like his dad who people loved for some reason. Actually I loved his dads voice but that’s pretty much it.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
I don’t even get it are either KC or Cincinnati well known for their gay communities?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Adun posted:

I don’t even get it are either KC or Cincinnati well known for their gay communities?
Not that I'm aware of

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Certainly not Cincinnati.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
If Brenneman felt comfortable saying that it means most of the Reds broadcasting crew is probably in agreement with him.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

c’mon bud you’re at work you gotta assume that mic is hot you homophobic piece of poo poo, mask on you garbage person

Henchman of Santa posted:

If Brenneman felt comfortable saying that it means most of the Reds broadcasting crew is probably in agreement with him.

yeah, you don’t say that unless you’re really, really comfortable in your surroundings

i doubt he was just thinking out loud about all the sodomites in kansas city

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Say what you will about his thoughts on gay people. He might have just given us the greatest homerun call of all time.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dexo posted:

Say what you will about his thoughts on gay people. He might have just given us the greatest homerun call of all time.

good gravy

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Dexo posted:

He just really related to that baseball being forcibly ejected from the ballpark.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

I'm sorry I think of my self as a man of faith -> a monotone "here's a drive into deep left field it's gone" -> look my bosses please let me keep my job this isn't who I am please please people will vouch for me I didn't mean this thing I said(not to mention the other people around him sure didn't seem to react.) Oh and I guess I'm sorry to those I offended, please god don't fire me.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what an astonishing broadcasting moment

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
He thinks he said a naughty word on TV and so he has to apologize to the guys who sign his checks. That’s how you know he’s a bigot that says this kinda poo poo all the time. He has no concept of the people who are harmed by language like that.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
The right way to swerve is to fully adopt it, proclaim you're gay and was really looking forward to Grindr in KC.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Mahoning posted:

He thinks he said a naughty word on TV and so he has to apologize to the guys who sign his checks. That’s how you know he’s a bigot that says this kinda poo poo all the time. He has no concept of the people who are harmed by language like that.

In his defense after begging for his bosses to not fire him, and touting his character references he at least didn't forget to apologize to those he offended, that's gotta be worth some points.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Dexo posted:

In his defense after begging for his bosses to not fire him, and touting his character references he at least didn't forget to apologize to those he offended, that's gotta be worth some points.

“I’m sorry to those I offended” is one of the absolute worst things you can say in an apology because it does not show any sort of understanding as to WHO you offended or WHY it is offensive to them.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Dexo posted:

I was waiting for him to finally get to "those I may have offended."

still surreal

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/richarddeitsch/status/1296261276834729984

He gone

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Saddam Hussein is determined to get his hands on a nuclear bomb. He is so determined that he has made repeated covert attempts to acquire high-specification aluminum tubes from 11 different countries, even after inspections resumed, as there's a drive into deep left field.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

R.D. Mangles posted:

Saddam Hussein is determined to get his hands on a nuclear bomb. He is so determined that he has made repeated covert attempts to acquire high-specification aluminum tubes from 11 different countries, even after inspections resumed, as there's a drive into deep left field.

I'm loving it

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
https://twitter.com/amir_garrett/status/1296274184784482305?s=21

Between Votto coming out hard for BLM, and now this from Amir Garrett, the Reds team seems to be pretty progressive (minus Trevor Bauer). Maybe they should get a broadcast team to match it.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Lockback posted:

....maybe he just thought it was a good city for a cigarette?

Does that particular word have the same offenisve meaning in British English as American English? I know its means cigarettes over in England, but do the Brits also use it as a slur as well?

I listen to a english socer pdocast and there's a guy who calls cigs that particular word all the time and no one gives a poo poo

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Adun posted:

Cincy is a waspy shithole full of godawful people

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

brennaman is a decaf joe buck legacy jackass and all he had to do was to be named brennaman and show up and not say slurs into a hot mic and he hosed that up.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Dexo posted:

You do not “gotta band it” to Thom Brennaman

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

Cincy is a waspy shithole full of godawful people

Excuse you.

We're terible catholics, not terrible protestants.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

GPTribefan posted:

You do not “gotta band it” to Thom Brennaman

Look, I know everyone wants to rush to judgement. But look at this heartfelt statement about Thom's character from this respectable former player

https://twitter.com/gehrig38/status/1296267659655380994

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Never have I so much wanted a tendon to be an artery.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Dexo posted:

Look, I know everyone wants to rush to judgement. But look at this heartfelt statement about Thom's character from this respectable former player

https://twitter.com/gehrig38/status/1296267659655380994

Oh come on now you didn’t post my reply.

https://twitter.com/mahoningco/status/1296268614383919105?s=21

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

4 NBA games today and the NBA Draft Lottery, NHL is wrapping up round 1, lots of golf, horses!

quote:

Australian Rules Football
Australian Football League-Round 13
Gold Coast Suns vs. Carlton Blues — ESPN3, 5:30 a.m. (Friday)

Baseball
Korean Baseball Organization
KT Wiz at Hanwha Eagles — ESPN2, 5:25 a.m. (Friday)

Canadian Premier League
1st Stage
FC Edmonton vs. Calgary FC — FS2, 8 p.m.

Golf
LPGA Tour
The Women’s Open, Royal Troon Golf Club, Troon, Scotland, United Kingdom
1st Round — Golf Channel, 10 a.m.
2nd Round — Golf Channel, 5:30 a.m. (Friday)

PGA Tour
The Northern Trust, TPC Boston, Norton, MA
1st Round (Featured Groups) — PGA Tour Live, 7 a.m.
1st Round — Golf Channel, 3 p.m.

European Tour
Wales Open, The Celtic Manor Resort (Twenty Ten Course), City of Newport, Wales, United Kingdom
1st Round — Golf Channel, 8:30 a.m.

Korn Ferry Tour
Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship, Ohio State University Golf Club (Scarlet Course), Columbus, OH
1st Round — Golf Channel, 1 p.m.

PGA Tour Champions
Charles Schwab Series at Big Cedar Lodge, Buffalo Ridge Golf Course, Ridgedale, MO
2nd Round — Golf Channel, 7:30 p.m. (same day coverage)

Horse Racing
Saratoga Live — FS2, 1 p.m.
Saratoga Live — Fox Sports Net/FS2, 3 p.m.

MLB
American League
Tampa Bay at New York Yankees — MLB Network, 1 p.m.
Detroit at Chicago White Sox — ESPN2, 2 p.m.

National League
New York Mets at Miami — MLB Network, 6 p.m.
Cincinnati at St. Louis — MLB Network, 8:15 p.m.

Interleague
Philadelphia vs. Toronto at Buffalo, NY — MLB Network, 1 p.m.
Milwaukee at Minnesota — FS1, 7 p.m.
Los Angeles Dodgers at Seattle — MLB Network, 7 p.m.
Anaheim at San Francisco — MLB Network, 9:45 p.m.

NBA Playoffs
Eastern Conference Quarterfinals, The Field House, Orlando, FL
Game 2: Miami Heat vs. Indiana Pacers — ESPN, 1 p.m. (Miami leads series 1-0)
Game 2: Orlando Magic vs. Milwaukee Bucks — ESPN, 6 p.m. (Orlando leads series 1-0)

Western Conference Quarterfinals, AdventHealth Arena, Orlando, FL
Game 2: Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Houston Rockets — ESPN, 3:30 p.m. (Houston leads series 1-0)
Game 2: Portland Trail Blazers vs. Los Angeles Lakers — ESPN, 9 p.m. (Portland leads series 1-0)

NBA Draft Lottery — ESPN, 8:30 p.m.

NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Eastern Conference Quarterfinal, Scotiabank Arena, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Game 5: New York Islanders vs. Washington Capitals — NBCSN, 8 p.m. (Islanders lead series 3-1)

Western Conference Quarterfinal, Rogers Place, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Game 6: Dallas Stars vs. Calgary Stars — NBCSN, 10:30 p.m. (Dallas leads series 3-2)

WNBA
2020 Season, WNBA Courts 1 & 2, Bradenton, FL
Chicago Sky vs. New York Liberty — CBS Sports Network, 7 p.m.
Seattle Storm vs. Indiana Fever — Facebook, 8 p.m.
Connecticut Sun vs. Las Vegas Aces — CBS Sports Network, 10 p.m.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Hey Boston folks, since I haven't had to drive much in the morning how is the Toucher-less Toucher and Rich? From the little I heard its fairly decent with Wallach and Joe Murray, proving what I thought that Rich is the real creative one.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/joereedy/status/1296531482433818624?s=21

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
He keeps digging deeper

https://twitter.com/itsmeglinehan/status/1296565061910171654

How the gently caress does anyone not know that word is an offensive insult in 2020 :psyduck:

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
If he didn't know it was a slur what did he mean by dating what he said?

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

what a brazen lie. You might as well say "I heard it on the BBC once"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Benne posted:

How the gently caress does anyone not know that word is an offensive insult in 2020 :psyduck:

To be very charitable to this dude, there's a difference between knowing it's offensive and knowing that it means gay people should be burned to death.