Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

https://twitter.com/joefromxelix/status/1294093653795835906

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im still unclear on what the darby accusation was exactly fwiw

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

JOHN CENA posted:

An ex said he was emotionally abusive and coerced her into having sex when she didn’t want to.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JOHN CENA posted:

Extremely lovely SO.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

You know Rovell is a real name because as far as I know Llevor is not his real first name.

Could be Trevor's Welsh equivalent.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Lololol

https://twitter.com/ThatGuyGetIt/status/1294063090770771968?s=19

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Sorry the wrestler you were bothering didn't sign your action figures with more enthusiasm dude.

https://twitter.com/TheChrisPhoenix/status/1295153369934229504?s=19

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Lamuella posted:

Sorry the wrestler you were bothering didn't sign your action figures with more enthusiasm dude.

https://twitter.com/TheChrisPhoenix/status/1295153369934229504?s=19
...is he saying that with Sasha he's just...assuming she lied or exaggerated for no apparent reason?
https://twitter.com/TheChrisPhoenix/status/1295155054584897541

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

“Sasha should be more respectful of the fans who stalk her”

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Was Sasha talking about fans or Sam Roberts

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Half of twitter is made up of people who can’t read, the other half are people who can’t write. It’s a great combination!

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

quote:

So like, I'm all about believing people who speak out about being victimized and tend towards siding with accusers, but I'm a bit confused about this one with Josh Fuller. Mostly because like, 16 and 19 is legal in most places and in my strong won't hear otherwise opinion absolutely not immoral (not inherently problematic at least, the older partner needs to be patient and careful about how they approach the situation to be sure.) So like, what specifically is Fuller accusing Dream of here? There's reference to "promising him a job in the WWE", which could be inappropriate use of power/leverage to extract sexual favors, though there's no reference to a quid pro quo that I can tell. But is that all of it? Or is there more that isn't reported here? Like, just because the age gap is acceptable doesn't mean Dream couldn't have been inappropriate or abused the power dynamic. I just can't really tell with the information I have here.

I feel like I'm missing something. Maybe I'm just mentally stuck because I saw the age gap mentioned in the article and was annoyed because to me that part is morally acceptable and I'm too used to being angry at weird twitter/tumblr moralizers who will call an 18 year old a pedophile for dating someone a year or two younger than them.

Just hoping someone can provide me some clarity here. I'm absolutely willing to believe Dream is a creep.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
that thread is a goldmine:

quote:

Oh no, I don't feel I'm playing devil's advocate for dream in particular. I just WANT to have faith that this PUBLICALLY TRADED COMPANY wouldn't be covering for him. Like at all

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

quote:

I'm not entirely sure that Velveteen Dream came back to be put over. Dream has become a problem, one that threatens to taint the entire locker room through the roster's inability (or unwillingness) to refuse to work with him. HHH knows he can't really afford to risk further damaging morale among the talent. Dream is no longer what's best for business.

There are precedents for problematic superstars to suffer greatly on TV - Orlando Jordan lost his US title and subsequent rematches in rather rapid fashion (25.5 seconds, if memory serves, from opening bell to tapout.) JBL took his licks from Blue Meanie and the rest after what he did with Meanie.

Might want to get your drinks ready and bathroom break in before the Dream/Balor match. I suspect it could be one of those matches.
Luv 2 equate bisexuality with pedophilia.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Hopkins FBI posted:

Luv 2 equate bisexuality with pedophilia.

Personally I like that it's ok to platform a pedophile with an "I'm overly sexual" gimmick as long as a hypocritical Irishman beats him up a little

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

dave_chappelle_as_lil_jon_what.wav

Only registered members can see post attachments!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/CarolinaCoke/status/1296506869121515521?s=2

Yes officer, this one right here

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

R/squaredcircle is a cesspool right now for Dream defenders.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:stare:

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I’m not well-versed on age of consent laws but isn’t the intent to make sure that a person isn’t charged with statutory rape if they turn 18 prior to their partner? I don’t think it’s supposed to justify someone in their 20s for loving a 16 year old.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Can't believe the guy with MD 20/20 as a profile pic has bad opinions

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

why do all these people think the kid is like, "man i love that this happened to me. too bad about my age tho"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

NienNunb posted:

Reddit is full of pedos news at eleven

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

lol ill pretend u said news at 18

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

JOHN CENA posted:

:drat:

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

JOHN CENA posted:

:sbahj:

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

JOHN CENA posted:

:bahgawd: Love him or hate him, you gotta respect JOHN CENA

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

Reddit is full of pedos news at eleven

weird so is wwe

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

this is almost a genius satire about why charging minors as adults is bad

but alas,

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JOHN CENA posted:

Wow I got jobbed out hard here

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I’m not well-versed on age of consent laws but isn’t the intent to make sure that a person isn’t charged with statutory rape if they turn 18 prior to their partner? I don’t think it’s supposed to justify someone in their 20s for loving a 16 year old.

It's just different absolute ages of consent in different states, although in my state (at least 12 years ago when I looked this up because of the above just about to turn 18 scenario) there is an explicit age range difference allowance for under... 17? 18? I forget.

Age of consent doesn't matter at all if he was trying to get the kid to send him nudes, though, that's 100% illegal in the entire country. I didn't think I would advocate sending a black man into the judicial system today, but here we are.

E: I also hate how lovely people have made it feel gross to even know that part of my state's laws even though seriously I looked it up when I was about to turn 18 to make sure there wasn't a felony and registration on the horizon.

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Aug 21, 2020

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

NienNunb posted:

When I checked in this morning, there was an entirely serious “actually it’s ephebophilia” debate.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Lumbermouth posted:

When I checked in this morning, there was an entirely serious “actually it’s ephebophilia” debate.
"Actually, it's ephebophilia" is basically Reddit's motto.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

#thoughts

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
The GBS Reddit thread title again remains accurate

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

:reddit: is the reddit emote for a reason

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

that was a good thread

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

davidbix posted:

"Actually, it's ephebophilia" is basically Reddit's motto.
Was it here or twitter where someone described it as”Reddit: where there’s only 2 genders but 14 kinds of pedo”

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jesus WEP posted:

Was it here or twitter where someone described it as”Reddit: where there’s only 2 genders but 14 kinds of pedo”

3 posts above yours, champ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i am very perceptive