Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

shadow puppet of a posted:

California has no business curing salami. None.

I'd eat salami from any other state before I touch "Calami"

lol what a weird take. theres lots of good cured meat from California. Columbus is a good brand. Unless you're some artisinal charcutherie snob.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Chinatown posted:

lol what a weird take. theres lots of good cured meat from California. Columbus is a good brand. Unless you're some artisinal charcutherie snob.

Why did you edit out that list of San Fran badmeats purveyors from your original post?

Ripping off goldrush miners with unshaven pork skin and offal mixed with goldpan tailings is no way to found a reputable salamateria.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Chinatown posted:

Yeah what the gently caress. we have a pretty big meat curing industry (albeit shrinking) and Columbus is big and decent, along with tons of smaller boutique curers

dude must have pig poo poo brain prion poisoning from only eating race to the bottom Shitfield Quality Pork Products LLC out of exploitsville, Iowa or something where they make all the workers permanently sick blowing out pig skulls with pressurized air to eek out a few cents more profit

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Lol I love seeing Californians come out to defend their shithole state. Have fun paying twice the price for half the quality.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Gaius Marius posted:

Lol I love seeing Californians come out to defend their shithole state. Have fun paying twice the price for half the quality.

I love people like this.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Where’s your state’s smilie, chump?

:ca:

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
:co:

Weird to say that a whole state can't make cured meats tho. There are better reasons to hate on California that are less subjective and more impactful.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

StormDrain posted:

:co:

Weird to say that a whole state can't make cured meats tho. There are better reasons to hate on California that are less subjective and more impactful.

I can assure you I dislike California for every conceivable reason.

FCKGW posted:

Where’s your state’s smilie, chump?

:ca:

Reminder, your state mascot decided to go extinct instead of continuing to live in California.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Minto Took posted:

Nah, the salami and cheese were in separate compartments. Sliced salami and cubed white cheese.

If they were 1/4 the price they'd be fine as a cheap low quality snack, but they are way too expensive for how mediocre they are.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Gaius Marius posted:

California killed this child's father.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Sorry folks I'm just working through my stages of grief that The Sussexes Harry and Megan left Canada for California.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Gaius Marius posted:

Reminder, your state mascot decided to go extinct instead of continuing to live in California.

Who gives a poo poo dingus. This is the Costco thread.

I'm on my last roll of paper towels so probably going Friday.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Minto Took posted:

Nah, the salami and cheese were in separate compartments. Sliced salami and cubed white cheese.

You're dead on with the "cubed white" cheese. I don't remember what kind of cheese they claimed to be, but it was bland as all hell. The packs that have the little round provolone-looking slices are ***okay***. I'd take them over the cubes, but it's not like a major upgrade.

When we had game nights in the Before, I'd sometimes get those little prosciutto-wrapped mozzarella tubes and eat entirely too many. I might be the only one eating them.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Yeah both the provolone disc salami packs and the white cheese cube pack are disappointing. they look like they'd be a great snack but they don't taste good at all

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

PIZZA.BAT posted:

lol someone never saw what was probably the best post ever on this forum

enlighten me

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

toplitzin posted:

More bacon burger. Pbuc.

is that onion or did you put a bone through its nose

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

The Hambulance posted:

It can always be worse. They are still orders of magnitude better than FedEx.

@UPS we here at UPS proudly welcome our new CEO Dejoy!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Everything is xbox to Shadow Puppet, including states

Gaius Marius posted:

spotted the texan

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Aug 20, 2020

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

It brings me no small amount of sensible chuckles whenever I see an item's packaging claim "hand made, small batch, blah blah" and that item is on the shelf at church.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

PokeJoe posted:

Yeah both the provolone disc salami packs and the white cheese cube pack are disappointing. they look like they'd be a great snack but they don't taste good at all

I ate one pack and threw the rest in the trash, they are not good at all. Probably could have returned it, but I hate returning food if I just don't like the taste of it. Honestly so far the only cured/processed meat product I've liked from Costco is the steak strips jerky.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Bibliotechno Music posted:

What’s the added benefit of the business membership? The only business center near me appears to be closed, and my friend/the owner of the restaurant I work at is about to take the plunge.

Another successful convert by evangelizing for the ‘co. PBUC

Just gonna quote myself for daycrew.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Alan Smithee posted:

enlighten me

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Bibliotechno Music posted:

What’s the added benefit of the business membership? The only business center near me appears to be closed, and my friend/the owner of the restaurant I work at is about to take the plunge.

Another successful convert by evangelizing for the ‘co. PBUC

pretty sure you can get into the business center with just a normal membership, if you wish to purchase Industrial Quantities of meat or giant rolls of lovely 1-ply butthole-scratching sandpaper. It looks like the business membership is just set up for handling the tax implications of resale.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

The non-frozen packs of mochi (red bean, matcha, taro) are amazing and you should get some.

Shaming other church members for how they cook food you're not even eating with them is the equivalent of bitchy ladies at Jesus church making fun of other patron's inexpensive quality "Sunday Best" after services and we should be better than that.

It's almost pot pie season, the holiest of times.

PBUC.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

tangy yet delightful posted:

I was blessed last night with a 14.5 cu ft chest freezer from the church. What are some of your favorite Costco freezer foods to fill it with?
Mine fit a half of cow, not purchased from Costco

Primpin and Pimpin posted:

So I know this was from a few pages ago, but the Costco cold brew canned coffees, the ones with the jaguar face on the can, those were discontinued? Can anyone confirm that?
Seconding the suggestion to make your own, if you want no sediment I'd suggest getting some like .5-1 quart sized or whatever depending cheese reusable cheesecloth bags with drawstrings.

Either pop em in Mason jars or I have a giant fermentation crock I've made giant quantities in. Even old coffee tastes good cold brewed.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Went to church today and came home $200 poorer.

I’ll post a trip report once it’s assembled. My gut tells me it’s going on sale soon, they had it stacked on a prominent end cap, I saved my receipt in case it does.

Chair is assembled without too much difficulty. I really like it, wife hates it. It’s got really heavy handed lumbar support and that is what turned her off while I really appreciated it. Everything else is nice and comfy though.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Aug 20, 2020

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

This small upright freezer gets here Monday to compliment our small chest freezer that my partner dislikes wrangling through. We can use it to put smaller things more easily lost in the chest freezer and give our roommate more freezer space in the fridge upstairs, and keep the chest freezer to store bulky stuff.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
*Sublimes 40 oz to Freedom record scratch*

WHOS TALKIN poo poo ABOUT CALIFORNIA BRO! ?!?

uh..maybe? What....

Gaius Marius posted:

I'll have you know that only North and the East sides of California are shitholes, thank u very much. The rest of it is either on fire or full of pretentious fucks like me.

You'd think there'd be more regonial COSTCO food with the states? That pastor (veggie gross) salad wasn't just a socal thing was it? I'd love to have a Costco burrito or taco or sumthin.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Paul MaudDib posted:

pretty sure you can get into the business center with just a normal membership, if you wish to purchase Industrial Quantities of meat or giant rolls of lovely 1-ply butthole-scratching sandpaper. It looks like the business membership is just set up for handling the tax implications of resale.

Thank you!

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The Al pastor wasn't regional but it probably shoulda been. That fake meat was disgusting to prepare and we threw out as many as we made. The chili shouldn't of had to suffer for it's sins

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Costco actually serves the best pizza in California.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bought the $80 toaster oven. I christened it today with a pop tart because I left work at 8pm last night, and had to be back at 5am. I now no longer need a toaster.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

FogHelmut posted:

Costco actually serves the best pizza in California.

It's either them or the sketchy as gently caress place run by a couple of dudes chilling watching football and throwing a fresh pizza in the oven when you order.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

that's actually new york

doesnt work here

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

13Pandora13 posted:

It's almost pot pie season, the holiest of times.

PBUC.

My body is ready (I hope)

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

I'd eat salami from any other state before I touch "Calami"

UPS's internal workings are like the eye of terror for packages. Its a grimoire symphony of package hate. Fedex to their credit just dosent want to transport boxes, only their precious $89.99 branded envelopes containing next-day by 8-am contracts and legal letters, and will offload them to unrelated company FedEx Ground. UPS actively hates packages.

Pitney Bowes isn't a carrier of anything and lol if your company got scammed by their collegeboy gelled hair creep sales man into thinking the are capable of anything other than basic franking and leasing out envelope moistening systems at what you'd pay for a minicomputer.

Best salami and cheese made in the USA come from Wisconsin. Especially salami and summer sausage. Check out Usingers for some affordably priced stuff that is shipped anywhere in the US on dry ice. The landjaeger is really good, as is the summer sausage and bratwurst.

Pitney Bowes is the "shipper" for meh.com after their previous company, newgistics, was acquired by them. Shipments that used to take a week to arrive now take a month. I don't know how any of this works other than it now sucks to order from meh.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Lazyhound posted:

Purolator has never not hosed up a parcel on me, including the time I called them and told them to just return the parcel to the sender because I accidentally bought something from a company that does business with Purolator (they lost it in transit).

Yeah anyone complaining about fedex or UPS being the worst is obviously not canadian because purolator exists :colbert:

Also glad that Harry and Megan hosed off to the states because we wouldn’t help pay for their security, goddamn freeloaders

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Gaius Marius posted:

The Al pastor wasn't regional but it probably shoulda been. That fake meat was disgusting to prepare and we threw out as many as we made. The chili shouldn't of had to suffer for it's sins

The chili was really decent. Plus they always filled up that cup to the brim with chilllzi

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

UPS delivered my Midea 7CuFt chest freezer today.

The box had a few dings here and there, but there was an inch or so of foam panels all around it, with the unit in a plastic bag. There were zero scratches, dings or dents on the whole thing. Put the casters on, wiped out the inside and let the plasticky smell air out, waited three hours and just turned it on with a bowl of water in it.

Should be nice and frozen in the morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

Gaius Marius posted:

The Al Pastor loving rocked and was routinely sold out in my Co by lunch.