Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Job Seeker

My experience: 5 years doing helpdesk, application support, and junior system admin work. Just got my AWS Solution Architect Associate cert, considering going back for my Developer cert once life calms down.

What I'm looking for: Full time AWS/generic cloud position. Preferably not external-facing, but I can deal with it if it is. Prefer to be designing architecture, but also fine supporting existing deployments.

What I'm NOT looking for: Sales, non-cloud helpdesk.

Where I live: Colorado

Where I'm looking: Remote, I'm moving my rear end up into the mountains with my forthcoming Bezos Bux.

When I can start: After giving two weeks notice.

Requirements: Full-time, health insurance.

Can be reached via: Forums PM or reply and I'll make another burner email because I forgot the password to my old burner email.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!
Job Seeker

My experience: 12 years as a professional developer. Mostly doing Java (Spring, SQL, normal webapp stuff), with a lot of networking and telecom thrown in. Also some light system design.
Developed a mobile app in Unity.

What I'm looking for: Full time mid to high level developer position, preferably with focus on the backend.

What I'm NOT looking for: Javascript or PHP development. Management.

Where I live: Irrelevant. I will relocate.

Where I'm looking: Denver, Seattle, San Francisco, or Chicago areas. I might be willing to go elsewhere if the job is right.

When I can start: Immediately, pending relocation.

Requirements: Full time, salaried position with competitive pay.

Can be reached via: Forums PM, email jpenery@gmail.com

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Probably a longshot, but my employer is looking for someone to work as an integrator of scientific code (provided to us by various science teams across the country) with the following basic requirements:

2-5+ years of experience with Fortran (90+) and/or C++
A basic understanding of Python or shell scripting for testing scientific codes.
Knowledgeable in good programming practices.

Bonus if you're familiar with GitLab or similar, know debugging tools like gdb/valgrind, and have some experience working with scientific code. I know Fortran is not the most common skill among job seekers, but it's not a hard requirement as long as you have the c++ experience and are willing to learn it as you go. They are also flexible on the 5+ year experience part, as long as you can pass the technical part of the interview. They employ a lot of people leaving academia - they really value the familiarity with working with scientists and their sometimes not-great coding skills. That is my background, and I consider it kind of a middle ground between my academic coding job and an industry job.

It's a government contractor position (with NOAA) in Maryland. If you are interested, please PM me and I can fill you in on more details and my opinions on the ups and downs of working here if you're interested.

yeah I eat ass fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jul 22, 2020

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004
Job Seeker

My experience: 13 years in enterprise IT, last year and a half in government. Mostly Windows, some Linux, some networking/storage, lots of cloud recently (Azure/AWS).

What I'm looking for: Cloud/systems architecture, either as a principal or a consultant. I've been teaching the military how to cloud for the last year and found that I enjoy it.

What I'm NOT looking for: Sysadmin/engineering, helpdesk, development. I can do devops but I don't have the development background to be really good at it.

Where I live: San Antonio, TX

Where I'm looking: Seattle, but would like to stay remote during *~*the troubles*~* and relocate when poo poo calms down, maybe next year.

When I can start: Immediately

Requirements: Full time, salary, good bennies, room for advancement, training budget would be nice, and a pony

Can be reached via: Forums PM, email <forums username>@gmail.com

NuclearEagleFox!!!
Oct 7, 2011
Job Seeker

My experience: BS in CS, 3 summer internships, 2+ years of full-time dev experience

Languages: C, Java, Python, familiar with SQL

Things I like to do: Desktop applications, systems software, embedded systems (depending), scientific computing, environmental projects

What I'm looking for: Software development, programming, engineering (whatever your company calls it)

What I'm NOT looking for: Sysadmin, devops, testing

Where I live: Southeast Michigan

Where I'm looking: Remote, Detroit Metro/SE MI

When I can start: In a few weeks

Requirements: Full time, permanent, benefits

Can be reached via: PM, username@gmail.com

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

NuclearEagleFox!!! posted:

Job Seeker

My experience: BS in CS, 3 summer internships, 2+ years of full-time dev experience

Languages: C, Java, Python, familiar with SQL

Things I like to do: Desktop applications, systems software, embedded systems (depending), scientific computing, environmental projects

What I'm looking for: Software development, programming, engineering (whatever your company calls it)

What I'm NOT looking for: Sysadmin, devops, testing

Where I live: Southeast Michigan

Where I'm looking: Remote, Detroit Metro/SE MI

When I can start: In a few weeks

Requirements: Full time, permanent, benefits

Can be reached via: PM, username@gmail.com

Have you looked into Quicken Loans? They are usually always hiring developers.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

vyst posted:

Have you looked into Quicken Loans? They are usually always hiring developers.

There's a few of us around if you have questions, we're mostly looking for C#/java with cloud experience.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

xsf421 posted:

There's a few of us around if you have questions, we're mostly looking for C#/java with cloud experience.

I used to work there :smugdog:

NuclearEagleFox!!!
Oct 7, 2011
I know a few past and present QL bankers. Generally seems to be a lot of pressure, a lot of stress, and a lot of hours. What's it like on the software side?

vyst posted:

I used to work there :smugdog:

Why'd you leave?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

NuclearEagleFox!!! posted:

I know a few past and present QL bankers. Generally seems to be a lot of pressure, a lot of stress, and a lot of hours. What's it like on the software side?

Why'd you leave?

Didn't like Michigan. Well, rather the wife didn't like it. I liked it enough.

I actually really enjoyed working there and the people. They underpay, but the benefits are pretty darn good.

Technology side is your typical agile software development shop. If you can deal with the same corporate waterfall bs at every company but attempted to be shoved into an agile flavored package, you'll be good. The stress usually comes closer to big product launches (Rocket Mortgage, etc) but for the most part everyone works in sprints like you'd see at most software development shops.

vyst fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jul 30, 2020

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Job Opening

My company is seeking a DevOps Engineer I. Work can be 100% remote. Pay will be competitive, but not the top of the curve. Company is based in Pittsburgh and Atlanta area. There is a referral program with a decent bonus I am willing to share!

https://recruiting.ultipro.com/NET1...fd-a47c8386be18

Primary skills required include experience with Windows/Microsoft/IIS stack, critical thinking skills, troubleshooting skills, and communication/negotiation skills.

my cat is norris fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jul 30, 2020

CHEF!!!
Feb 22, 2001

my cat is norris posted:

Job Opening

My company is seeking a DevOps Engineer I. Work can be 100% remote. Pay will be competitive, but not the top of the curve. Company is based in Pittsburgh and Atlanta area. There is a referral program with a decent bonus I am willing to share!

Primary skills required include experience with Windows/Microsoft/IIS stack, critical thinking skills, troubleshooting skills, and communication/negotiation skills.

I don't see Linux mentioned in the job description once so is it safe to assume your company's environment is at least 90% Windows, if not entirely? If so, that certainly ain't for me, just wanted to confirm.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

CHEF!!! posted:

I don't see Linux mentioned in the job description once so is it safe to assume your company's environment is at least 90% Windows, if not entirely? If so, that certainly ain't for me, just wanted to confirm.

Sorry for missing your question! Yes, we're a primarily Windows shop.

Persiflagist
Mar 7, 2013
Job Seeker

My experience: Broadly, I design, build, and manage the development of hardware, software, and electromechanical systems for industrial and research applications. At my current company (a laboratory automation/biotech startup) I am the CTO/cofounder (although our funding has gotten owned by COVID-19 and we are not really doing business anymore); previously I've been a mechanical engineer, consultant, copyeditor, CNC programmer, skilled fabricator, facilities manager, forklift/crane operator, et cetera. I have done a lot of stuff.
With respect to computer stuff specifically: I have written some web applications in NodeJS, worked with PHP, SQLite, Python, C++, CSS, HTML, et cetera, I run a Linux webserver (and have used Debian on my personal computer for several years), and I have written some stuff for microcontrollers. I also know how to use stuff like SolidWorks, various CAD/CAM programs, Microsoft Office, et cetera (for context, when I say "Microsoft Office", I mean spreadsheets like this and this).
My github is here.

What I'm looking for: I am pretty good with machinery, and with computers, and with people. I would like to put myself to the fullest possible use.

What I'm NOT looking for: I do not want to have the same job title for the next ten years.

Where I live: Oakland, CA -- moved here from Detroit about a year ago, thinking of moving back when my lease runs out at the end of the month.

Where I'm looking: Remote is good. Around here is good. Detroit is good as well. And I am looking at moving somewhere that isn't the San Francisco Bay, so if the price is right I am willing to pack up and ship out to wherever.

When I can start: Today, lol.

Requirements: $$$

Can be reached via: Either a message on the forums or reply in this thread and I'll post an email address you can get to me at.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Job Opening

Patreon is looking for a Director of Security and SREs

I'm an SRE at Patreon and I've worked pretty closely with the security team, happy to answer questions in PM or on Discord.

luminalflux fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Aug 11, 2020

aksuur
Nov 9, 2003
Job Seeker

My experience: I've spent the last two and a half years at one of the nation's largest pharmacy benefits management companies as a Senior Network Engineer, responsible as a firewall SME and leading a major migration project from conception to completion. Been in IT for a little over a decade, working my way up from field ops and help desk.

What I'm looking for: A networking and/or perimeter security focused engineering role for a mid to large sized business. Low latency seems interesting if there's an opening for someone with no experience in it.

What I'm NOT looking for: Help desk or sysadmin. My niche is networking, but I'm willing to dip my toes into security.

Where I live: Minneapolis, MN.

Where I'm looking: Minneapolis is my first choice, but I am open to certain areas of Texas, Philadelphia, Colorado, or anywhere warm and friendly. If not Minneapolis, I'd have to work remote for about a year though unless I can find a subletter for my apartment.

When I can start: Two weeks from an offer.

Requirements: Good compensation, but negotiable.

Can be reached via: PM is best.

aksuur fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Aug 6, 2020

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Job Opening

My team is looking for two new members: one database engineer, and one systems engineer, with some focus on Google Cloud moving forward. We're located in the Netherlands, but almost everyone is fully-remote at the moment. We typically do a good bit of international recruiting and relocation for IT positions (they relocated me from the US in January) but I think due to the corona situation we're mostly looking within the country. Either way - if you're interested shoot me a PM and we can chat a little more about your background and the specifics for the position.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
:justpost:

Zazz Razzamatazz fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Oct 27, 2020

Wandering Orange
Sep 8, 2012

Job Seeker

My Experience: 2 years Business Intelligence Developer, 2 years Supply Chain Analyst & Systems Engineer, and 2.5 years Inside Sales & Field Sales across automotive-similar manufacturing, oil & gas instrumentation, and chemical supply industries.

What I'm looking for: BI Developer with emphasis on business-facing responsibilities like data visualization in Power BI. I'm proficient with 'back-end' data work in SSIS & Visual Studio but I like the report stuff more.

What I'm NOT looking for: Analyst position. Healthcare, legal, or education industry.

Where I live: Western Suburb of Minneapolis, Minnesota

Where I'm looking: Remote > Minnesota > Relocate to NE or NW

When I can start: Two weeks from an offer.

Requirements: Direct hire, competitive salary, etc.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

luminalflux posted:

Job Opening

Patreon is looking for a Director of Security and SREs

I'm an SRE at Patreon and I've worked pretty closely with the security team, happy to answer questions in PM or on Discord.

Updated this - we're looking for SREs as well!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

my cat is norris posted:

Job Opening

Quoting this both because it's still open, and because I was told the salary ranges from $80k - $100k based on experience and fit. Here are some clarifying notes about the job posting from my boss:

Boss posted:

it's certainly a little different of a position

DevOps Engineers for us have IT Operations abilities, so they can build out pipelines and some infrastructure in Azure and our Expedient datacenter. The other aspect is we want these folks to sit in with Scrum teams to understand goals and help figure out how to move that into our infrastructure in a scalable and highly available solution.

if they're on the fence and want to talk to me just let me know

Basically, if you're not sure about this, let me know how serious you are about applying, and I can work out some Q&A time with Boss Dude. Also if you have any sort of scrum/Agile background you've got a leg up on the competition.

My company is now also seeking another DBA. Despite being based in Alpharetta, the position can be fully remote.

https://recruiting.ultipro.com/NET1...32-fddb52bc0f5d

my cat is norris fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Aug 18, 2020

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

my cat is norris posted:

Quoting this both because it's still open, and because I was told the salary ranges from $80k - $100k based on experience and fit. Here are some clarifying notes about the job posting from my boss:

Basically, if you're not sure about this, let me know how serious you are about applying, and I can work out some Q&A time with Boss Dude. Also if you have any sort of scrum/Agile background you've got a leg up on the competition.

The salary range sounds good and this matches my background. SRE/cloud infrastructure positions are where I'm looking next, but... my first impression reading that opening was sysadmin, except with a devops title and that had me apprehensive on the direction for this role.

nexxai
Jul 17, 2002

quack quack bjork
Fun Shoe
Job Openings

My company in Calgary, AB CAN is hiring for 25 positions right this second, around 100 total by the end of the year, and another 100-150 in 2021.

The list of open positions is here: https://www.linkedin.com/company/symend/jobs/

If anything looks interesting to you, PM me first and we can chat about and I can help tailor your resume to the position first and then I can get it directly in front of the hiring manager.

We are a *very* fast growing company with a pace to match so if you're looking for a slack-rear end job, this is absolutely not the place for you, but if you're looking to learn some cool technologies where we do literally everything in the cloud (zero on-prem, zero VMs, every last instance is server-less), with a company which is trying to do actual social good, this is the place to be.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

air- posted:

The salary range sounds good and this matches my background. SRE/cloud infrastructure positions are where I'm looking next, but... my first impression reading that opening was sysadmin, except with a devops title and that had me apprehensive on the direction for this role.

It's definitely an odd title. Let me know if you want to talk to anyone about it.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

my cat is norris posted:

My company is now also seeking another DBA. Despite being based in Alpharetta, the position can be fully remote.

https://recruiting.ultipro.com/NET1...32-fddb52bc0f5d

That description sounds much better and I would specify which cloud specifically. Your applicants are going to want to know if it's Azure or AWS.

I know most of these things but nothing about IIS. And I'm on the West Coast. :smith:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Gabriel S. posted:

I know most of these things but nothing about IIS. And I'm on the West Coast. :smith:

We have some folks in the company who are out west. It's not a huge negative! I wish I knew more specifics and could answer more technical questions about the role, but it's over my head by a good bit. :sweatdrop:

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Looks like the boss man said it's Azure, are they open to people with other cloud experience? I know AWS but could pick up Azure, if they're fine with that I might apply.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Looks like the boss man said it's Azure, are they open to people with other cloud experience? I know AWS but could pick up Azure, if they're fine with that I might apply.

I'm told that they're willing to make that work, especially if you've got experience. Shoot your resume into the queue for sure!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Net Health is hiring additional positions.

Two Technical Project Managers are being sought, and the Infrastructure team is seeking a Cloud Engineer and an Infrastructure Engineer I.

All four current IT openings are available here:

https://recruiting.ultipro.com/NET1005/JobBoard/b22acd37-08dd-cbc0-295a-dc154ea3fb93/?q=&o=postedDateDesc&f5=6VOru1rYEUib_oBMn5dUrA

The Technical Project Manager listings are here:

https://recruiting.ultipro.com/NET1...8a-9a6af3244f6d
https://recruiting.ultipro.com/NET1...58-3fe2ce396b3e

If you're seeking something that's technical-adjacent but more customer-facing, there's also an opening for a Client Data Services Specialist I:

https://recruiting.ultipro.com/NET1...a8-3138406673a4

Lastly, this Scrum Master posting has been up for awhile, and I know it's not yet been filled:

https://recruiting.ultipro.com/NET1...27-d062b89ee239

All IT-specific openings are for remote work, but the other listed positions may require some local presence (once offices reopen, anyway). That said, I'm told that you can very likely negotiate fully remote work if your resume otherwise suits the position. If you have any questions about any of these roles, I can do some poking around on your behalf.

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving
Job Seeker

My Experience: Master's in cs, 5+ years in an academic lab (computer vision/ml, but haven't really used anything more modern than like 2013ish in that regard recently - fundamentals are still fine) 4 years industry as mid backend engineer / data engineer (primarily java 8 + spark).

What I'm looking for:Anything backend engineering; flexible on stack as long as the role is okay with me only really having used java @ anything large/industry scale. Would prefer mid-level, but would consider jr positions depending on factors.

What I'm NOT looking for: Frontend; flexible on full-stack but I have almost zero js exp.

Where I live: NYC

Where I'm looking: Remote | NYC (open to relocation when things are a bit safer if it is a fit)

When I can start: immediately

Requirements: Given the state of things, not many other than remote for the short-term future. very flexible on pay, but do need medical

marhom fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Aug 21, 2020

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

my cat is norris posted:

the Infrastructure team is seeking a Cloud Engineer and an Infrastructure Engineer I.

All IT-specific openings are for remote work, but the other listed positions may require some local presence (once offices reopen, anyway). That said, I'm told that you can very likely negotiate fully remote work if your resume otherwise suits the position. If you have any questions about any of these roles, I can do some poking around on your behalf.

Salary range on the cloud engineer opening? That's closer in line with what I'm looking for!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

air- posted:

Salary range on the cloud engineer opening? That's closer in line with what I'm looking for!

80k - 85k to start. Pay increases are on a yearly basis.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

my cat is norris posted:

Net Health is hiring additional positions.
The Technical Project Manager listings are here:
https://recruiting.ultipro.com/NET1...8a-9a6af3244f6d
https://recruiting.ultipro.com/NET1...58-3fe2ce396b3e

Salaries on these two? Glassdoor doesn't look hopeful but worth an ask.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor
What's the range on the IT Infrastructure Engineer I ?

https://recruiting.ultipro.com/NET1...49-b75935e9a719

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

my cat is norris posted:

80k - 85k to start. Pay increases are on a yearly basis.

Doah I'd totally want to apply if that was 30-40k more....

My brother is a PM and might be interested in changing jobs depending on the range of the position.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

wargames posted:

What's the range on the IT Infrastructure Engineer I ?

https://recruiting.ultipro.com/NET1...49-b75935e9a719

Maxes out at 62k as it's a backfill. Definite room for growth, though.

Edit: Tim specifically is looking for someone with an eagerness to learn. He doesn't care about your degree or your background as long as you have some technical skills, interest, and a willingness to learn. He's happy to train. If you've been wanting to get into a tech career because of interest but not necessarily background, this may be a really great starting point for you. Tim is a great guy, and he's very serious when he says that thirst for the job is more important than walking into the room already knowing the job.

BrianBoitano posted:

Salaries on these two? Glassdoor doesn't look hopeful but worth an ask.

I'll find out for you! Net Health had a rough history in terms of salary but did a big re-evaluation last year that brought things much more into line with national standards.

my cat is norris fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Aug 21, 2020

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Thank you!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Recruiting hasn't gotten back to me yet, but I'll pester them again this week.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

my cat is norris posted:

Recruiting hasn't gotten back to me yet, but I'll pester them again this week.

Thanks! It became more urgent today as my CEO made a questionable leadership decision, so I'm trawling Indeed in my free time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

my cat is norris posted:

Maxes out at 62k as it's a backfill. Definite room for growth, though.

Edit: Tim specifically is looking for someone with an eagerness to learn. He doesn't care about your degree or your background as long as you have some technical skills, interest, and a willingness to learn. He's happy to train. If you've been wanting to get into a tech career because of interest but not necessarily background, this may be a really great starting point for you. Tim is a great guy, and he's very serious when he says that thirst for the job is more important than walking into the room already knowing the job.

I'll find out for you! Net Health had a rough history in terms of salary but did a big re-evaluation last year that brought things much more into line with national standards.

Do you think this would be a good position to transition from help desk to? My current job doesn't have much opportunity for advancement or expanding my role so skills are a little stale. I'm really trying to find something that has pretty explicit room for growth without moving laterally.