Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

DkHelmet posted:

The Al Pastor loving rocked and was routinely sold out in my Co by lunch.

I thought it was fine, but I wish that salad came with a lighter dressing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
Are the chicken pot pies and chicken soup a seasonal thing? I went to church tonight for the first time in a bit and haven't seen either the last few trips. Our church has only been open about a year now.

I did pick up some "ravioli lasagna" out of the prepped food area which was delicious and should give me and my Mrs. two more meals.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Ravendas posted:

UPS delivered my Midea 7CuFt chest freezer today.

The box had a few dings here and there, but there was an inch or so of foam panels all around it, with the unit in a plastic bag. There were zero scratches, dings or dents on the whole thing. Put the casters on, wiped out the inside and let the plasticky smell air out, waited three hours and just turned it on with a bowl of water in it.

Should be nice and frozen in the morning.

My local Costco had a few of these in the store, very tempting.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

WescottF1 posted:

I did pick up some "ravioli lasagna" out of the prepped food area which was delicious and should give me and my Mrs. two more meals.

well which is it

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

Alan Smithee posted:

well which is it

Cheese ravioli layered with cheese and ricotta like a lasagna.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
im gonna need to see pics

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xaris posted:

Yeah what the gently caress. we have a pretty big meat curing industry (albeit shrinking) and Columbus is big and decent, along with tons of smaller boutique curers

dude must have pig poo poo brain prion poisoning from only eating race to the bottom Shitfield Quality Pork Products LLC out of exploitsville, Iowa or something where they make all the workers permanently sick blowing out pig skulls with pressurized air to eek out a few cents more profit
lol if you think the exact same poo poo doesn't happen in cali

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/fd/77/9e/fd779e974c1afdceeffec1be7b7b75bd.jpg

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

WescottF1 posted:

Are the chicken pot pies and chicken soup a seasonal thing? I went to church tonight for the first time in a bit and haven't seen either the last few trips. Our church has only been open about a year now.

Yes to the first part.

Also :sickos: to the second part. Generally speaking those prepared meals give us like 6 portions, which ends up as dinner for two and leftovers for me for 4 more meals. I absolutely love it. I like the lasagna, ravioli lasagna, and the enchilada bake or enchiladas. Just a wonderful homogenized heat and eat meal, perfect for those depression or work/project meals when cooking and eating is a burden.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

WescottF1 posted:

Cheese ravioli layered with cheese and ricotta like a lasagna.

Uhhh what? This sounds amazing. Why is this the first i'm hearing about something like this? A lasagna made out of ravioli? That sounds dangerous.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
It's super dangerous. They're giant ravioli in a sauce and cheese that are very mild and you won't notice how many you eat until it's too late.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

The ravioli lasagna is pretty good. I'm a fan.

I love the meatloaf and mashed potatoes. Very hearty!

I've yet to try the chicken alfredo because it looks like it's 14,000 calories per serving.

Stuffed peppers are just all right. Not bad, not great.

The quinoa salad is a pass; pretty bland.

Asian wraps are excellent.

Pinwheel sandwiches are okay, but my wife loves them so we get them often.

The tortellini salad (with strips of salami and whatnot) is excellent, but also dangerous calorie-wise.

I guess if you're worried about calories, you really shouldn't be getting any of those prepared meals.

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

Manuel Calavera posted:

I bought the $80 toaster oven. I christened it today with a pop tart because I left work at 8pm last night, and had to be back at 5am. I now no longer need a toaster.

We need a new toaster as well, I assume it is a very good fancy toaster??

I got the mandolin on a whim because we never actually had one before, and used it to make cole slaw and saurkraut. A+ did the slicing without me losing any flesh. :3:

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Lobsterboy posted:

A+ did the slicing without me losing any flesh. :3:

This time...

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Trastion posted:

This time...

I bought some cut resistant gloves with metal fiber to use with my mandoline, they have saved my fingertips a few times

BobbyDrake
Mar 13, 2005

My wife and I finally pulled the trigger and got a Costco membership after her parents took us on time to look for something. Anything in particular we should be looking for there?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

BobbyDrake posted:

My wife and I finally pulled the trigger and got a Costco membership after her parents took us on time to look for something. Anything in particular we should be looking for there?

Bitchn Sauce

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

BobbyDrake posted:

The bulgogi rules

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

BobbyDrake posted:

Dog and a slice.

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

Mons Hubris posted:

I bought some cut resistant gloves with metal fiber to use with my mandoline, they have saved my fingertips a few times

I should do this as well, but I used any pieces that were too big for coleslaw but too small to use with the guard as bottom chunks for the kraut.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

MarcusSA posted:

Dog and a slice.

Is the dog expensive? Does it come with anything else?

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

GORDON posted:

Is the dog expensive? Does it come with anything else?

It is not, and it does!

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

It is not, and it does!

:rip: fresh onion-shredder. Gone from my cheese slice but never from my heart.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Cartoon Man posted:

Bitchn Sauce

:hmmyes:

as many as you're allowed to take

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
One more (hopefully last) update on the dented chest freezer: I got $80 coming back.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

One more (hopefully last) update on the dented chest freezer: I got $80 coming back.

They can dent my perfect Midea for $80.

Edit: Placed bowl of water in there last night, it was totally solid this morning. It's good to go.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lobsterboy posted:

We need a new toaster as well, I assume it is a very good fancy toaster??

It has 10 settings, and works as a mini broiler so I'm down with it.

Also on the topic of grab & go stuff. The mac was fine. Ravioli lasagna is very good. As are the street tacos. And I didn't like the asian wraps. They're fine, just not my taste, the sauce is kinda bland for a sweet & sour, and that's really all the flavor. Aside from some carrot and I think cabbage?

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
Street tacos are surprisingly good. The meatloaf is actually great (hard to mess up), but we warned: the mashed taters seem like they are so full of butter and/or other dairy products that each spoonful is like a day's worth of calories.

raven77
Jan 28, 2006

Nevermore.

These are really good burgers!

I'll also second the recommendation for the Hint brand flavored water. I got the pack of 15 bottles (watermelon, blackberry and pineapple flavors) a few days ago, and have tried the watermelon and pineapple flavors so far. I love the watermelon flavor, it's very refreshing. I also tried the pineapple flavor, not thinking I would care for it at all, because I'm not a huge fan of pineapple. However, it's delicious too, because it doesn't have an overpowering pineapple flavor.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

fischtick posted:

the mashed taters seem like they are so full of butter and/or other dairy products that each spoonful is like a day's worth of calories.

Thats how you make good mashed potatoes though? Duck fat and butter. Lots of it.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

raven77 posted:

These are really good burgers!

I'll also second the recommendation for the Hint brand flavored water. I got the pack of 15 bottles (watermelon, blackberry and pineapple flavors) a few days ago, and have tried the watermelon and pineapple flavors so far. I love the watermelon flavor, it's very refreshing. I also tried the pineapple flavor, not thinking I would care for it at all, because I'm not a huge fan of pineapple. However, it's delicious too, because it doesn't have an overpowering pineapple flavor.

I think that's why they are so good. People like to say "well I just have water at home" but it's like a perfect flavor that can't really be replicated. The water is really clean and you get a slight taste of flavor, but nothing overpowering like many other flavored waters. Even if you were to make it at home, it would taste stronger. You'd have to do something like leave pineapple in empty bottles for a few days, drain them and then put really clean water into those bottles to even come close to replicating the taste.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I’ve been tempted but I guess I’ll try the ravioli lasagna. I’ve also never had meatloaf so I might as well try Costco’s.

I do like Sam’s Club enchiladas but I hate Walmart/Walmart owned companies. So I’d hope Costco’s dinners are good too.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

:boom:

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

The Costco pet toys are cool and good. It comes with a good dog membership, slice, dog, and a drink with free refill. They all squeak and crackle.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Is this the first time those dog toys have been released? Whoever made them is for sure getting a promotion. I've seen tons of posts about them over the past week and can't begin to imagine how many they've sold.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

They’re from the bark box people and seem like really good quality.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I'm actually surprised that they're just dog toys. Those would be good toys for children as well. If you're not ready for a Costco trip, you could still play Costco with your kids!

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Woohoo.

Logged on at the right time and there were koolatrons back in stock.

Yay chest freezer!

jfff
Oct 27, 2003
indeed
The Birkenstock Gizeh sandals are back in-stock online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
My local church finally has Bitchin' Sauce, what's the best vehicle to scoop it up?