Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

sandnavyguy posted:

I jailed him because he straight up was the first person to believe my claim, AND he sounded like he had a plan.

What do you mean by 'he had a plan'? Please pull out the exact quote and explain why you thought that way because the only post of his that looks remotely relevant is this one:

Mr. Humalong posted:

I believe the SNG claim

And I have no clue how you could say he had a plan from that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Then they had two NKs?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Hmm yes tell me more about the scum hunting third parties you're speculating about taps note book very interesting mr sand navy guy.

It's like you want to be lunch.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

look, I claimed jailed, at 8 votes. Jailer I know is a null claim, there was no reason to not just disbelieve me

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rarity posted:

What do you mean by 'he had a plan'? Please pull out the exact quote and explain why you thought that way because the only post of his that looks remotely relevant is this one:

And I have no clue how you could say he had a plan from that

Let’s be honest here, SNG is playing his own game that seems to be mafia-adjacent so trying to understand what’s happening with him may be fruitless

And he’s probably scum

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

t a s t e posted:

rarity you may have a maths degree but I have a history degree and those posts are in the past

Where were you for like all of D1?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

sandnavyguy posted:

Then they had two NKs?

I give up

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Hum had some thoughts relating to SNG's claim, I didn't 100% believe him because the masonry was unconfirmed but I believed him enough to not vote SNG.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Epsilon Plus posted:

Hum had some thoughts relating to SNG's claim, I didn't 100% believe him because the masonry was unconfirmed but I believed him enough to not vote SNG.

Well now that he's flipped town do you feel like sharing?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

sandnavyguy posted:

look, I claimed jailed, at 8 votes. Jailer I know is a null claim, there was no reason to not just disbelieve me

But he did. Hum is an experienced player, and a gamble like that is odd. I’d already told Sandwolf I was prepared to die.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

sandnavyguy posted:

But he did. Hum is an experienced player, and a gamble like that is odd. I’d already told Sandwolf I was prepared to die.

I believed you too at the time because of the tone. Please answer my question about Hum having a plan

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

:ghost: wish I could have played longer in my first game, good luck town :ghost:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
If there was a SK or Scum with strong person kills they would probably 100% do you first.

Maybe scum would try to take a pass at lunching you today instead of NKing you with strongman.

However, Scum didn't use their strongman to kill you, instead they targeted Humalong with their strong kill? (Mind you hum may have had other effects on him, such as a bus).

SK would have killed you for sure if they had a strong kill, instead it looks like they choose to kill b- or b- died by some other happenstance.

So the question remains, if they knew you were a strong power role why didn't scum pick you to die with a strongman kill? The likely answer is that you're scum, or that there's a scum bus that they can use to reliably circumvent your ability.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Rarity I already did. I was by all rights sentenced to I miss lunch and yet he goes and white nights me? After earlier in the day playing mafia daddy? I thought that there were some power roll shenanigans at play.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Rarity posted:

Well now that he's flipped town do you feel like sharing?

No, SNG claiming to have jailed Hum who died anyway tanked the theory, it would just be distracting at this point. Also, it may actually help scum more than town ATM to discuss it.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Bottom line is, maybe there is no serial killer, but there’s absolutely some sort of bypass at play. Cause Hum is dead, I don’t know what else to say. It’s wifomy as hell to point out I coulda picked an easier target if I was scum, but regardless I thought I’d be protecting him

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
So, assuming Hum is, indeed, the scum kill and B- is not. I'm reading through Hum to see who Hum was targetting that the scum would have wanted to silence him on:

Scientastic
SNG
Maybe tpink.

I'm ignoring the Bif vote, I don't htink that was a legit feeling.

So, I'd be happy with SNG (clearly) and would also be willing to vote Sci.

Tangentially I'd be willing to vote EP+ unless someone can tell me of any evidence that EP+ would want to keep around a masonry as a scum player.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

sandnavyguy posted:

Bottom line is, maybe there is no serial killer, but there’s absolutely some sort of bypass at play. Cause Hum is dead, I don’t know what else to say. It’s wifomy as hell to point out I coulda picked an easier target if I was scum, but regardless I thought I’d be protecting him

Or you're scum and lying about being jailor, which I know you aren't going to say, so I will.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Amnistar posted:

Or you're scum and lying about being jailor, which I know you aren't going to say, so I will.

Yes Amni, that’s the given. And you’ve already said it.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

sandnavyguy posted:

Yes Amni, that’s the given. And you’ve already said it.

I can be pedantic too! But really, just use the info or move on, that’s all I got from tonight’s night action.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

drat SiV will be so upset she missed mathchat.

I really didn’t like SNG avoiding the lunch yesterday. This “I have info” thing felt like some cocked up plan.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

drat SiV will be so upset she missed mathchat.

I really didn’t like SNG avoiding the lunch yesterday. This “I have info” thing felt like some cocked up plan.

If it’s a plan it’s a drat stupid one, I just gave you all the info I had, I’m not hiding anything else.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

There was such a production yesterday I’m hoping someone watched or tracked me to prove it. That along with Hum saying he’d been role blocked would have proved it out. I’d draw a night kill N2 probably but I didn’t know multiple people would die each night, and I figured if y’all wanted me dead anyway it wouldn’t be a waste. Now I’m just pissed. I got a power that doesn’t even freaking work.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yeah but that info is like, not super useful. Okay so maybe there’s a juggernaut kill, great? Maybe it was 1-shot, maybe it wasn’t, either way, it shouldn’t really alter the way anyone is playing.

So it feels like, you know there’s a juggernaut kill or it felt like the kind of lie to be recommended as either harmless info to reveal or just false.

I don’t know, this may be walking backwards from the conclusion that you’re scum, because anytime someone avoids a lunch like *you* did D1, I’m nearly positive they’re scum. Why wouldn’t you just have been lunched earlier if you were town? Sure scum like to try to appear to be doing the right thing, but if you were a town jailer I feel like they’d have been more interested in getting you killed.

Unless they had a juggernaut gently caress

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

It even said successful in bold letters, which is even more confusing cause he still died.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

sandnavyguy posted:

There was such a production yesterday I’m hoping someone watched or tracked me to prove it. That along with Hum saying he’d been role blocked would have proved it out. I’d draw a night kill N2 probably but I didn’t know multiple people would die each night, and I figured if y’all wanted me dead anyway it wouldn’t be a waste. Now I’m just pissed. I got a power that doesn’t even freaking work.

Watching or tracking would just show you visiting them.

All things considered I’m marking it as statistically more likely that you just NK’d them.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Honestly? I have no freaking idea. What’s a juggernaut do?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Asphyxious posted:

All things considered I’m marking it as statistically more likely that you just NK’d them.

Oh I do love a bit of Occam’s Razor

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

sandnavyguy posted:

It even said successful in bold letters, which is even more confusing cause he still died.

You Bifauxnen wasn’t this my exact play last game?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Asphyxious posted:

Well I didn’t think he’d be dead!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

sandnavyguy posted:

Honestly? I have no freaking idea. What’s a juggernaut do?

Bypass kill protections like Doctor or being roleblocked.

Other potential answers:
Busdriver swapped Humalong and someone else, so you didn't visit humalong.
Redirector re-targetted you, so you didn't visit humalong.
You're lying, and aren't a jailor.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

sandnavyguy posted:

Well I didn’t think he’d be dead!

I thought he’d be alive to cooborate. Hell I was basically doomed to get lunched anyway, I wanted to be useful.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

You Bifauxnen wasn’t this my exact play last game?

Oh you mean the gunsmith thing?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

sandnavyguy posted:

I thought he’d be alive to cooborate. Hell I was basically doomed to get lunched anyway, I wanted to be useful.

How would he corroborate.

Why would you assume he would notice.

That only makes sense if in jailing him you thought both

- that he was town
- that he had a power role

IN WHICH CASE

WHY would you jail him?

##vote sandnavyguy

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’d also be very interested in Gridlocked or Hawke today.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Asphyxious posted:

How would he corroborate.

Why would you assume he would notice.

That only makes sense if in jailing him you thought both

- that he was town
- that he had a power role

IN WHICH CASE

WHY would you jail him?

##vote sandnavyguy

I assume he’d get flavor along the lines of being jailed. I got that in the Ecco game, and in baby’s first we heard lullabied when put to sleep which was basically being jailed.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Why wouldn’t he? That’s not a good argument gaspy

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

And as far as him being a PR, I figured it’d be worth it to keep him alive AND prove I’m town.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

SNG how would you feel about Gridlocked or Hawke?

Actually who would you like to lunch at all today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I stand firm that gridlock had the scummiest post ever yesterday. So I’ll stop whining and

##vote gridlock

As for hawke he barely posted yesterday and his votes were weird so I dunno. He’s definitely suspicious