Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Sandwolf posted:

Yeah but that info is like, not super useful. Okay so maybe there’s a juggernaut kill, great? Maybe it was 1-shot, maybe it wasn’t, either way, it shouldn’t really alter the way anyone is playing.

So it feels like, you know there’s a juggernaut kill or it felt like the kind of lie to be recommended as either harmless info to reveal or just false.

I don’t know, this may be walking backwards from the conclusion that you’re scum, because anytime someone avoids a lunch like *you* did D1, I’m nearly positive they’re scum. Why wouldn’t you just have been lunched earlier if you were town? Sure scum like to try to appear to be doing the right thing, but if you were a town jailer I feel like they’d have been more interested in getting you killed.

Unless they had a juggernaut gently caress

This is unfair, SNG was going to claim their target anyways given that he was under major suspicion and we said we'd be playing based on his targets. I don't think this constitutes as a major plan or play.

Also juggernaut is a strongman + janitor, strongman is the through protection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

sandnavyguy posted:

I assume he’d get flavor along the lines of being jailed. I got that in the Ecco game, and in baby’s first we heard lullabied when put to sleep which was basically being jailed.

That is 100 percent not how that normally works.

sandnavyguy posted:

And as far as him being a PR, I figured it’d be worth it to keep him alive AND prove I’m town.

You were more interested in trying to prove yourself as town than let a potential investigative role do their job?

Nah.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Nah I think jugg (as in short for juggorous) is the unstoppable kill, I’ve never see Jugg carry janitor abilities

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Asphyxious posted:

That is 100 percent not how that normally works.

You were more interested in trying to prove yourself as town than let a potential investigative role do their job?

Nah.

It is true that’s how it worked in that game tbf

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I can’t help it gaspy but that’s 100% how it’s worked in every game I’ve been town in and got PRd by someone.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

It is true that’s how it worked in that game tbf

I move to have Ecco game struck from the record.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Asphyxious posted:

I don’t! That’s 1 of my few games I’ve played!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Asphyxious posted:

counsel this will require a hearing of its own

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

sandnavyguy posted:

I can’t help it gaspy but that’s 100% how it’s worked in every game I’ve been town in and got PRd by someone.

That still doesn’t explain you putting your role of janitor as higher priority than literally any other town role.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Asphyxious posted:

That still doesn’t explain you putting your role of janitor as higher priority than literally any other town role.

Thinking

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I drunk more wine so I want to come all back to this when I'm sober but right now my drunk brain is saying to vote SNG

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Asphyxious posted:

Because it’s both a doctor and a role blocker, and also I felt that if I was smart enough to figure out he was a PR so would scum.so skipping 1 early possible investigation to both ensure his living and confirm myself protecting two power roles for n2? That’s what I wanted to do. Then I could jail/protect someone N2 and probably draw the NK

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I’m sorry if it’s not a foolproof plan, but it’s what I had when I voted to protect Hum right after we lost DGK

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

sandnavyguy posted:

Because it’s both a doctor and a role blocker, and also I felt that if I was smart enough to figure out he was a PR so would scum.so skipping 1 early possible investigation to both ensure his living and confirm myself protecting two power roles for n2? That’s what I wanted to do. Then I could jail/protect someone N2 and probably draw the NK

Eh I'm sorry but this reads like you making up backwards your rational to fit the conversation. You're good enough to guess the no out of 17 players d1? Unlikely.

This kind of thing is super scummy feeling.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Toalpaz posted:

Eh I'm sorry but this reads like you making up backwards your rational to fit the conversation. You're good enough to guess the no out of 17 players d1? Unlikely.

This kind of thing is super scummy feeling.

What do you mean no of players? I only banked in one. Hum.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

sandnavyguy posted:

What do you mean no of players? I only banked in one. Hum.

Though apparently no one but me felt his play was odd so that was me being over presumptive

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

And anyway I can’t rationalize it beyond that. Though I’d rather not be lunched today, if you do waste it at least you can take my info as closer to fact then. Though hopefully people have more perspectives when they log on but who knows.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Nk out of 17 players. It's pretty convenient. That you tried to protect a power role and scum tried to kill the same player. You and scum thinking the same thing.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Toalpaz posted:

Nk out of 17 players. It's pretty convenient. That you tried to protect a power role and scum tried to kill the same player. You and scum thinking the same thing.

I mean, yes it is convenient. Regardless I didn’t think he’d die. And I thought that either way he’d get flavor knowing I jailed him. It was actually a win win. Because I didn’t know he could still die.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

if I did then of course it’s fishy. But I didn’t sweat it any more than a doctor sweats their choice N1.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

And I know you’re saving your info for later toal, but if it exonerates me at all please tell before I get lunched later, ok? Unless you have a more solid plan, then uh, you do you.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I do not have info that exonerates you.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Oh. Well hopefully it’s still good!

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

Yeah this is a big one.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Asphyxious posted:

Yeah this is a big one.

Would you say the same thing to a doctor who prevents a kill N1?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Cause the odds would be the same. I got unlucky as hell. Which serves me right for Hum saving me I guess.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote SNG

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

sandnavyguy posted:

Would you say the same thing to a doctor who prevents a kill N1?

Not really interested in spurious hypotheticals at this point.

Also if you wanted to be cleared through flavour text why not pick one of the handful of tubes who claimed VT?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Asphyxious posted:

Not really interested in spurious hypotheticals at this point.

Also if you wanted to be cleared through flavour text why not pick one of the handful of tubes who claimed VT?

Because they were likely lying? To protect PRs? That’s pretty obvious isn’t it

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

sandnavyguy posted:

Because they were likely lying? To protect PRs? That’s pretty obvious isn’t it

I mean toal claimed VT but apparently has info. What do you say to that?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hm I guess it isn't actually out of the question for SNG to pull some crazy claim gambit. He did manage to win people over for a surprisingly long time after he D1 dayvidged me just by playing up what a poor confused and scared newbie he was!

##vote SNG

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

Hm I guess it isn't actually out of the question for SNG to pull some crazy claim gambit. He did manage to win people over for a surprisingly long time after he D1 dayvidged me just by playing up what a poor confused and scared newbie he was!

##vote SNG

That was not the same thing! There is no reason for me to be jumping through all of these hoops! I’m flattered everyone thinks I’m stupid enough to try gambitting something this nuts but I’m just being transparent. Just like on day 1, I can’t win for freaking losing.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

sandnavyguy (4): Amnistar, Asphyxious, Sandwolf, Bifauxnen
Gridlocked (1): sandnavyguy
Toalpaz (1): Bifauxnen, Rarity, Bifauxnen

Not Voting (9): Epsilon Plus, Gridlocked, Hal Incandenza, hambeet, Scientastic, SHALASHASKA HAWKE, t a s t e, Toalpaz, tpink

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 24th, 2020 at 10 a.m. AEST -- that's in about 2 days.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

sandnavyguy posted:

That was not the same thing! There is no reason for me to be jumping through all of these hoops! I’m flattered everyone thinks I’m stupid enough to try gambitting something this nuts but I’m just being transparent. Just like on day 1, I can’t win for freaking losing.

Just take a break and offer some reads on other people. You really won't talk people out of 'you are suspicious!!' by simply defending yourself.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Toalpaz posted:

Just take a break and offer some reads on other people. You really won't talk people out of 'you are suspicious!!' by simply defending yourself.

Fine I need lunch anyway. I’m sorry it’s just frustrating

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

sandnavyguy posted:

Fine I need lunch anyway. I’m sorry it’s just frustrating

We've all been there, have a good one!

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

##vote SNG

You being chill and agreeing with me is making all the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end, if that’s what you’re going for well done.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

You being chill and agreeing with me is making all the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end, if that’s what you’re going for well done.

Lol I've been trying to do that all along, only reason I fought you so hard last time is cause I was trying to fit in with the rest of yall's super scumbus pileup strategy

But also I don't got much else to do rn till Toal shits or gets off the pot so I can see if that's worth sticking with or not. And Beet's not around yet.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Looking at the bminus interactions my conclusion is (and forgive me for this not being groundbreaking stuff) that one of Rarity or Hal is scum. I’m at work so can’t go over it with a fine tooth comb but I’ll give it a real go over on my lunch break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Also I only just noticed on a reread that rarity called me a low content shitposter but I’ll do my best to not factor that into my analysis