Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

ImpAtom posted:

Here me out.

A power multi armed fighter who likes to collect weapons.

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

we don't need to worry about zenos next expansion because he's going to spend most of it looking at the market board for weapons while he levels up

also when we fight him 2 levels before the cap he's wearing that hawaiian shirt glam

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

blatman posted:

we don't need to worry about zenos next expansion because he's going to spend most of it looking at the market board for weapons while he levels up

also when we fight him 2 levels before the cap he's wearing that hawaiian shirt glam

The true endgame truly is glam

You'd best start grinding those fashion reports out or else you'll never beat the level 90 trial

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Here me out.

A power multi armed fighter who likes to collect weapons.

Hmm, and what if instead of being bored all the time, he's very excited and personable?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
"but for Zenos yae Galvus.... it is Gilgameshing time!"

...or is he Zenos zos Galvus now? Honestly he probably doesn't care.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

The remaining patches will build up to a big fight with Zenos, where it will turn out he has ascended to a new level of strength..... LEVEL 72!

C'mon Yoshi-P let us pull a Zenos on Zenos himself.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I am a bit disappointed because Zenos's comment about not giving a poo poo about ruling and Varis's horrified look that he was about to be killed by his son, not for anything like power or greed, but simply because Varis was in the way of Zenos getting to fight the WoL again. Then again it's easy to take it back as Zenos is being forced onto the throne by Fandaniel and he's so utterly bored because he just does not care.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Onmi posted:

I am a bit disappointed because Zenos's comment about not giving a poo poo about ruling and Varis's horrified look that he was about to be killed by his son, not for anything like power or greed, but simply because Varis was in the way of Zenos getting to fight the WoL again. Then again it's easy to take it back as Zenos is being forced onto the throne by Fandaniel and he's so utterly bored because he just does not care.

I think the major issue is that The WoL was basically faffing about in another world so much that Zenos had no real way to just force her to fight him. With the end of the most recent patch presumably that will stop being an issue.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Still one of my favorite scenes because it's just four gruff British dudes growling at each other

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvqnIyDmMso&t=626s

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I was looking at my Orchestrion and I noticed that you can buy Matoya's theme from a vendor at her place in the Hinterlands. I flew out there to buy it, and while I was there I talked to her. They updated her dialogue to reflect Y'shtola coming back from the first :aaaaa:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ishikawaaaaaaa

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Chillgamesh posted:

They updated her dialogue to reflect Y'shtola coming back from the first :aaaaa:

Matoya complains Y'shtola hasn't visited despite being back for a while, and assumes Y'shtola did something she'd find embarrassing if Matoya found out. It sounds to me like Y'shtola doesn't want to admit she used Matoya's name on The First. :v:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Zenos owns. Haters vacate.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Chillgamesh posted:

I was looking at my Orchestrion and I noticed that you can buy Matoya's theme from a vendor at her place in the Hinterlands. I flew out there to buy it, and while I was there I talked to her. They updated her dialogue to reflect Y'shtola coming back from the first :aaaaa:

:perfect:

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

I'm bad; I'm just not born that way.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Matoya complains Y'shtola hasn't visited despite being back for a while, and assumes Y'shtola did something she'd find embarrassing if Matoya found out. It sounds to me like Y'shtola doesn't want to admit she used Matoya's name on The First. :v:

The little details like this they put in the game will never cease to :allears: me.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Chillgamesh posted:

There are several other NPCs that make note that the other Scions are back. Have seen screenshots from a few different class trainers, including Y'shtola's sister

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

There is also at least one heartbroken lass at the Crystarium sad that she'll never see Thancred again :v:

Alaemon
Jan 4, 2009

Proctors are guardians of the sanctity and integrity of legal education, therefore they are responsible for the nourishment of the soul.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

There is also at least one heartbroken lass at the Crystarium sad that she'll never see Thancred again :v:

It's not easy to sue for child support when the father resides in a different dimension.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
There's a thought... FFXIV has no lawyers. We even have a trial scene way back in HW with nary a one in sight.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

guess we're still waiting for the payoff in the nier raid series for the suspicious, round, head-sized object that got blown off and rolled away from the door to the copied factory

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Alaemon posted:

It's not easy to sue for child support when the father resides in a different dimension.

Thancred was pure soul on the First, he technically didn't have a material body. So not sure that would have worked.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Cythereal posted:

Thancred was pure soul on the First, he technically didn't have a material body. So not sure that would have worked.

I've got a book for you that might be educational. It's called THE BIBLE GET YOURSELF TO CHURCH

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Given that their pure soul bodies held weapons and could punch things and interact physically I don't see how it couldn't work. It's not like he's Patrick Swayze in Ghost.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Yapping Eevee posted:

There's a thought... FFXIV has no lawyers. We even have a trial scene way back in HW with nary a one in sight.

Technically in that trial by combat we were a Defense attorney.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Looking back over the final scene with Elidibus, I don't think we're meant to assume he was an actual child because he still has an adult voice and manner of speech, because that would have been a very easy change to make to get that across. He's just small because there's not much of him left.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
If somebody’s smaller than me, they are a child. Sorry, I don’t make the rules

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

thetoughestbean posted:

you a roe or lala?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

thetoughestbean posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEB4PItdzeE&t=550s

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

aegof posted:

you a roe or lala?

I’m an adult

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

thetoughestbean posted:

I’m an adult

Not playing this game you aren't :smug:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/SOKENsquareenix/status/1297430233725857792?s=20

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I guess we know what the theme to Eden Raid's Great King Moggle Mog will be.

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

But there's more!
https://mobile.twitter.com/Mcstronghuge/status/1297592126335852545

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Yapping Eevee posted:

The whole world runs on trial by combat so at this point no one wants to talk about a legal battle anywhere near the WoL.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Not to get too political in a random thread, but to follow up on the idea reflected in the thread title... gently caress, I can't stop thinking about this quote and reading it in Elidibus's voice

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1297570544867475458

"To me, warriors of Light!" -- Joe Biden

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Aug 24, 2020

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I forgot what Elidibus sounded like and somehow instead read it as ARR Gaius.

It still works.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Not to get too political in a random thread, but to follow up on the idea reflected in the thread title... gently caress, I can't stop thinking about this quote and reading it in Elidibus's voice

Forgiven Plagiarist.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GET8ax8uWXk

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Rand Brittain posted:

Looking back over the final scene with Elidibus, I don't think we're meant to assume he was an actual child because he still has an adult voice and manner of speech, because that would have been a very easy change to make to get that across. He's just small because there's not much of him left.

The voice and posturing didn't matter; read the context clues from the stones Hythlodaeus and Emet-Selch left behind. There's instances of the swearing Elid into his position, one chastising him for not going outside and playing after the rains and that in the metatextual FF stuff, Zodiark was purposefully kept as a child because the other gods feared it.

It is likely that they sacrificed a child who only wanted to protect everyone as their hero. That's how desperate they were.

Edit: not to mention that white robes and clothing are oftentimes associated with sacrifice

Vanderdeath fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Aug 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Everyone keeps saying Elidibus was just some kid, but he's got a pretty deep voice for one.

Do balls drop in the womb for Amourantians or is puberty for them a terrifying process where your voice slowly gets replaced with Charlie Brown adult noises?