Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I like the shows for what they are. I can kinda have em on in the background and they don't drag cause they only go for an hour or so and the matches are all usually at least fine.

It's too bad the only things young lions are allowed to do is yell during match, stand near ring, eat hot chip and lie otherwise they could have them in the crowd and make some drat noise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Clarke Connors should be at ringside every match showing Alex Coughlin the wonders of Gekiochi-kun

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

1) Logan Riegel and Barratt Brown vs Clark Connors and Jordan Clearwater. Technical start. Connors was already good, but in the US shows he has gained such a fire in his belly. Barratt Brown looks a bit indieriffic, which isn't a bad thing but he looks like Baby Joey Janela. Logan Riegel has some good junior heavyweight skills. I'm watching Jordan Clearwater closely as he has the raw material to be very good, but needs a lot of conditioning. It's very clear when Connors checks in that he is just a step or so ahead of everyone else in this match. I could happily see several of these guys in the LA dojo, and I could happily see Connors advance up the card.

2) Pj Black, Mysterioso, and Blake Christian vs ACH, TJP, and Alex Zane. Lot of talent in this match. Plus PJ Black. That's unfair but my heart belongs to another South African daredevil. Glad to see Alex Zane getting a prominent opportunity, VERY glad to see ACH back. Wow, there is some real athletic skill in this match, you could build an American junior division off these guys. I will grudgingly admit that TJP is very good. Some really lovely set pieces here, and ultimately a very fun match.

3) David Finlay vs Tama Tonga. without the beard, Tama Tonga has a completely different look. Finlay looks transformed too. These two are so fast and so wild together, I love it. Finlay has stepped up his offense a lot, and looks much more convincing as a singles guy than he did even a year ago. Good hard-fought win for Finlay.

Spicy lil promo from Finlay there

4) KENTA vs Jeff Cobb. I am convinced that KENTA has his hair like this to personally annoy me. Jeff Cobb's white singlet has given me information about him I neither sought nor welcomed. KENTA moves like nobody else in New Japan. His mannerisms and motions are such natural heel work, he is a delight to watch. Jeff Cobb can throw people around with a joyful ease. Standing moonsault directly into knees was just beautifully precise. The best thing about this match is that it feels no need to rush. KENTA is methodical and each moment gets a chance to breathe. Love KENTA cheating, he does it with such glee.

Great rear end in a top hat interview with KENTA.

Great little show.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Switchblade's back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6blvzfwGc8A

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy poo poo that's huge, gently caress yes.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jay White in an empty arena is gonna be interesting and he probably should go back to working baby face instead of heel for these shows but I'm still ready to breathe

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Thank god he's quarantined to the US shows

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Just watching this now and the opening tags were all fun. That team of ACH, TJP and AZ is sure some loaded team. Super happy to see ACH back. And has Blake Christian really only been wrestling for 18 months? Surely Cagematch is wrong.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

forkboy84 posted:

Just watching this now and the opening tags were all fun. That team of ACH, TJP and AZ is sure some loaded team. Super happy to see ACH back. And has Blake Christian really only been wrestling for 18 months? Surely Cagematch is wrong.

Even in amongst all the other talent Blake seemed very slick. Unbelievable if he's only been going 18 months!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Cobb vs KENTA good. KENTA vs Moxley will be good, KENTA as US champ will be good

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

forkboy84 posted:

That six man tag might have been my favourite NJPW USA match so far. Some real first hour of Nitro energy, and everyone had a chance to shine.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

14 minutes

NEW JAPAN CUP USA 2020
August 21st at 22:00 EDT/3:00 BST
unknown venue

Rocky Romero and Adrian Quest vs. Danny Limelight and The DKC
Bullet Club (Jay White and Chase Owens) vs. ROH (Brody King and Flip Gordon)
NJC USA Finals:David Finlay vs. KENTA

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

https://njpwworld.com/lp/l_enlive_224_1

They’re calling this a live stream? Right now it’s a replay of Chris' interview segment.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Thanlis posted:

https://njpwworld.com/lp/l_enlive_224_1

They’re calling this a live stream? Right now it’s a replay of Chris' interview segment.

it appeared as a live stream as opposed to the standard "uploaded complete at 10PM EDT" thing

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Yah, just wondering if it’s really live. Possible, I guess. They’ve done a good job keeping the tapings quiet.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kozlov is okay on commentary but he and Kelly lack the chemistry that the latter has with Charlton, Gino and/or Rocky. Maybe it'll get better, but it's a little low energy for my liking.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Perfectly acceptable indie tag match punctuated by a hell of a gut kick!

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
He does that bad wrestling commentator thing where he is like :geno: wow incredible :geno:

Where say Gino is an oafish Australian but he gets hyped up in the matches

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Haha the DKC is kind of hilarious

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

Lol Flip Gordon's new gimmick

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Does one of those patches on his vest read gently caress?

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

It’s been so long since I’ve been able to say this.....

gently caress YOU JAY WHITE!

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Flip looks good

Its the hated switchblade

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SWITCHBLADE! :neckbeard:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

A Real Horse posted:

It’s been so long since I’ve been able to say this.....

gently caress YOU JAY WHITE!

:hellyeah:

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

He’s just so fun to hate. All greasy and knife perverty.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Brodie killed chase

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Goddammit Chase what happened to being on the case?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

AHAHAHA THERE'S THE SWITCHBLADE I KNOW AND HATE!

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Whaaaaaaaaat?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Big Boys doing thangs

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Wow, been a while since i've thought about Hikuleo

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Hikuleo was looking good during his last stint imo. Hoping to see some improvement from his time in rev pro

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

The Grime Was Removed.....

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

That is one clean Young Lion.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Richter Scabies posted:

The Grime Was Removed.....

MY SHOE!

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

Mad that Kenta just has the generic Bullet Club theme and not his weird death march theme

Richter Scabies fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Aug 22, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Richter Scabies posted:

Mad that Kenya just has the generic Bullet Club theme and not his weird death march theme

Can't wait for Kenya to win gold at the Olympics and the BC theme to start playing.

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

My sordid autocorrect phoneposting uncovered!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

Imagining jay white's pervy breathing over Olympic loudspeakers....

C'mon Finley.....