Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

I'm sad/glad, he has long been one of my favorite players to watch, and he seems to be really doing well right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I hate it so much but the Celtics are very good and their perimeter/wing D is exceptional. Kemba is really in a perfect situation and their flawed front court isn't even worth exploiting for most teams. gently caress them again and again but they are the worst match up in the league for the Raptors.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Draymond's shot isn't coming back but he was still pretty good in the playoffs last year, and the two regular seasons he's been bad were when he didn't need to anything but stay healthy for the playoffs, and when they decided two weeks in to explicitly tank.

His contract isn't good but I don't think he's viewed as that terrible by other teams if they think he's capable of playing well all season.

This is my standing up for a bad contract that ISN'T a shameless gunner, too beautiful for this world.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Rick Carlisle may need to be fired.

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/1297010585700376579

I guess it was worth it after all

havelock
Jan 20, 2004

IGNORE ME
Soiled Meat
Luka :(

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

the clippers are dodging a bullet here, they're gonna get blown out in the 2nd round

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

AggressivelyStupid posted:

the clippers are dodging a bullet here, they're gonna get blown out in the 2nd round
By loving who lmfao

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

It can't be good, the broadcast mentioned an x-ray being taken. If it was good news, they would have said.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Apparently Enes Kanter has more 3s this series than Horford and Tobias combined

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Boredumb posted:

I'm sad/glad, he has long been one of my favorite players to watch, and he seems to be really doing well right now

I'm always slightly annoyed when the Celtics are rolling (though in this case the Sixers deserve it), except when it's Kemba making the shots

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Spacebump posted:

It can't be good, the broadcast mentioned an x-ray being taken. If it was good news, they would have said.
The X-Ray is going to be negative, almost no one breaks their ankle. He has a sprained ankle and depending on the grade he might try to play through it I guess but it should take atleast a few weeks to get back to normal.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

big boi posted:

I'm always slightly annoyed when the Celtics are rolling (though in this case the Sixers deserve it), except when it's Kemba making the shots

Kemba was the main reason they won tonight, he had the killer look in his eyes after he sent Horford skating out of frame with a crossover for the dagger

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

straight up brolic posted:

By loving who lmfao

Joe Ingles can get revenge on the team that cut him and wreck that fraud Paul George again at the same time? Done deal sorry

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

MourningView posted:

Joe Ingles can get revenge on the team that cut him and wreck that fraud Paul George again at the same time? Done deal sorry
What was going on with the Nuggets defense today

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

MourningView posted:

Yeah I'm bandwagoning the Jazz for the playoffs and this is what will happen imo.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

By loving who lmfao

jingles is gonna run roughshod on that trash rear end team blow 😤

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Joe Ingles would wreck PG mentally and on the court, so I'd love to see that

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

The X-Ray is going to be negative, almost no one breaks their ankle. He has a sprained ankle and depending on the grade he might try to play through it I guess but it should take atleast a few weeks to get back to normal.

it's not like a sprained ankle is a career-ender or whatever, it just sucks, we obviously need him. whether he's limited or out, it's bad news and a bummer because the Mavs were outperforming my expectations for this series

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

What was going on with the Nuggets defense today

they were like 25th in defensive rating from December on, it's bad, and playing MPJ a lot makes it even worse. Jokic looked gassed today too, he was avoiding the paint as much as possible and Rudy beat him to every single 50/50 ball.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Dutchy posted:

it's not like a sprained ankle is a career-ender or whatever, it just sucks, we obviously need him. whether he's limited or out, it's bad news and a bummer because the Mavs were outperforming my expectations for this series
Oh for sure, I’m just saying there being X-Rays done is due diligence 99 times out of 100

MourningView posted:

they were like 25th in defensive rating from December on, it's bad, and playing MPJ a lot makes it even worse. Jokic looked gassed today too, he was avoiding the paint as much as possible and Rudy beat him to every single 50/50 ball.
Inside the NBA played multiple clips where guys didn’t even try to rotate to shooters. Wild.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

Kemba was the main reason they won tonight, he had the killer look in his eyes after he sent Horford skating out of frame with a crossover for the dagger

THE LOOK

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

All this playoff p talk reminds me when the Heat spanked the Pacers in the playoffs and Paul George after the game saying something about playing really well and when asked about his comments in their post-game Wade and LeBron both side-eyed the score sheet and looked like a dog trying to make sense of their owner doing a tree pose

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

The Josh Richardson contract is good

weato
Oct 29, 2010

BWV posted:

I hate it so much but the Celtics are very good and their perimeter/wing D is exceptional. Kemba is really in a perfect situation and their flawed front court isn't even worth exploiting for most teams. gently caress them again and again but they are the worst match up in the league for the Raptors.

I'm terrified of Boston more than any other team in the league. I'd love to be wrong but I don't think the Raps make it past them.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Duh duhhh the protest is hruting the military im smart basketball player

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Lol

https://twitter.com/mirjamswanson/status/1297026986393534466?s=21

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

this is so loving good, im giddy everytime i think about it

thats one way of putting it

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

The Simmons contract kicks in next year too right?

Their offseason will be :munch:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Someone on r/kings posted Buddy Hield's performance based incentives

quote:

Play at least 70 games AND shoot 85% from the free-throw line - $500k: 72 games; 84.6% [NOPE]
Average fewer than 2 turnovers per game - $500k: 2.3 per game [NOPE]
Lead the league in made 3-pointers - $500k: 2nd behind James Harden [NOPE]
Post a defensive rating below 110.5 - $500k: 111.9 [NOPE]
Remaining NOPES:

Be named All-Star: $500,000

Kings make playoffs: $500,000

Kings make second-round: $250,000

Kings make WCF: $500,000

Kings make NBA Finals: $1,000,000

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

We've been waiting so long

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

Joe Ingles would wreck PG mentally and on the court, so I'd love to see that

I would kill for a repeat of the 2018 OKC series

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

I honestly had no idea the CBA allowed incentives like this

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

WhyteRyce posted:

Its so sad the scams senior citizens fall for these days :(

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

finish the season under age 26... nope

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

weato posted:

I'm terrified of Boston more than any other team in the league. I'd love to be wrong but I don't think the Raps make it past them.

The Raptors are good enough to compete. It'll be a 7 game series though, and much like last year the second-round will be the hardest series on the way to the Championship.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

MourningView posted:

Kawhi singlehandedly drags teams to the finals. The Jazz lost Grayson Allen so they lost all hope of getting past Kawhi.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dejan Bimble posted:

Duh duhhh the protest is hruting the military im smart basketball player

Who is this in reference to? I didnt get to watch anything tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

MourningView posted:

This is crazy. You crazy.