Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
This is great watching you go through this because you’re about to hit where I start casing you and ho boy you’re not gonna like it.

This is winding towards a pre-OMGUS on your part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Rarity posted:

If it helps you're doing much better today!

I really don’t require your approval at this juncture.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

hambeet posted:

the attack on grid is a weird way to phrase it. no one was voting gridlocked when you voted him. nor were there any votes on sci. it was dgk / sng 5 votes each. you voted grid and it started getting a bit of momentum from there. (you, tpink then, interestingly, sng)

helpfully, amni posted votefinder right before your vote on grid

so when it's a split between dgk (now known town) and sng, you start rolling on grid?

Yeah fair, I retract my read on Sci in that case. That's what I get for half-assing the research :downs:

And yes I did. I didn't like either of the two main lynch options and Grid's 'why I'm not posting' post got my scumdar going bad so I figured I'd see if I could swing an alternative

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

b-minus1 posted:

I’m going to ##unvote getting strong town pings from dgk now

So B- unvoted DGK once it started looking like DGK was no longer in contention, as I started pulling ahead as front runner. I think this was because scum decided to switch votes over to me for an easy lunch, and they wanted to seem unattached from DGK since it was running of steam.

votes were at 5-5 til shortly before this and I was now at 6-4. B- could have jumped on the me train, but they didnt because they wanted to not seem to be opportunistic. wouldnt blame them, I saw the writing on the wall, and his scumbuddies were probably already on me. or on non viable candidates waiting for a final push.

but then, DGK self voted and tossed everything into disarray.

then, after a bad post by Birb,

b-minus1 posted:

This is scummy af##vote slalashka hawke

he does a fruitless post of opportunity against an obvious non-lunch. This ill mark down as point 1.

Then, after people begin back pedaling off DGK to third parties, they suddenly begin jumping on to me again. and we're at 8-4.
Sand tells me to claim em if you got em, and because I thought it was useless at that point I just told everyone who I was and who I thought my gut reads were.
Then Hawke, Toal and Hum switch to DGK and bring the total to 7-6 still in my lunch favor.

with two town candidates as front runner, or a NL if no one votes, scum should have been pretty chill, as its a win-win-win. at this point Ep votes and pushes it to 7-7, beet votes to 8 (I still think he's town) and Amni pushes it to 9 before bif hammers at 19 minutes til.

Assuming EP was town and voted in alignment with his mason buddy, I think that beet's vote was the tipping point and Amni felt comfortable pushing it over the edge, until someone was around to finally put it to hammer.

Im thinking Amni was scum.

Firstly, their fixation on sci, going into how strongly they were convicted that sci was the bad guy, only lasted so far as until another viable candidate of any description popped up. Namely me. I tell everyone my town reads, and suddenly they are the champion of my downfall.as you guys told me, apparently giving town reads is bad, so I switched up tactics, but at every step of the way Amni stayed on me. the single party fixation, despite what they put in rarity's survey, is at odds with the meta they admitted they enjoy which was applying pressure to multiple people to test the waters. they didn't. they applied it to two, early D1, then held on and wouldnt let go.

BY itself, this and their vote change to prevent a no-lunch is viable, but on D2 when I mentioned what hadn happened, they didnt ask, they didnt try to interrogate, they said [in regard to believing me or not]

Amnistar posted:

I don't.

##vote SNG

and once again latched on.
then he says this gem:

Amnistar posted:

Or you're scum and lying about being jailor, which I know you aren't going to say, so I will.

after literally four people just called me out for possibly being scum. Amni's not new or frustrated, hes being pedantic as a point to belittle my argument instead of actually engaging with it.

And as much as Gaspy's got the wrong idea about me, at least they are trying to factor in all the options and how it could play out, while Amni is happy to just keep the ball rolling until his scum buddies show up to join the bandwagon.

So thats my Amni case.

I'm still voting Gridlock until we get some traction otherwise, however,

because their posting was egregious and does not deserve to be swept under the rug.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asphyxious posted:

I had to investigate her to find out, she knew from the beginning, get it together.

Rarity points out that BMinus pushing hard on gridlocked was super scummy and grid is probably town.

You know who was pushing much, MUCH harder on Gridlocked?

Rarity.

Makes you think.

I was linking the attempt to join the Grid push to the earlier bunch of votes on Sci which weren't even still there at the time cause I'm a dumbass so that part of my read can be ignored

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asphyxious posted:

Rarities record is just pushing on whoever the vote leader is

I mean, this is just bullshit. In the very next sentence you talk about me leading a vote on Grid which I did because as already stated I didn't like either of people leading the vote at the time

Asphyxious posted:

Also Rarity’s done the whole “what do you think about (player), (other player)?” Which is always a bit of a flag.

Lol driving people to lay down reads is scummy now suuuuuure

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

##unvote

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I think SNG might be on to something that BMinus pulled off him because they wanted to split the vote between two town options to keep their options open.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Scientastic posted:

Let’s assume Hum was the B- team scum kill, because it’s unlikely scum would kill one of their own (CCKeane isn’t playing this game)

So the assumption is that SNG NKed Hum and is claiming it to avoid being called out for visiting someone else by a tracker, or called out by a watcher for visiting Hum when claiming to have visited someone else

But there is a scum team. So SNG, who obviously got a lot of heat yesterday, didn’t need to do the kill, someone on his team could’ve done it and he could do something else’s or nothing depending on his role

I see where you're coming from but there's a couple of counterpoints to this. First it could be the other scum have really useful PRs that they didn't want to waste, the other is that if SNG is scum then he's already exposed so if he's caught doing the NK it's less of a loss to the team than if it was someone else.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

and rarity the reason i didnt mind if a tracker or watcher claimed, was because id be their jailer as long as I was able. ensuring that at the very least scum would have to jump through hoops to get them.its a protection role after all. or scum would kill me, which uh, would at least absorb a NK. since again the alternative was everyone probably mislunches me today anyway. So I didnt think claiming would be a huge risk, even if it came to that. But with at least one unblockable kill, apparently, i cant guarantee that anymore, so I wouldnt blame em if they didnt say anything.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

sandnavyguy posted:

and rarity the reason i didnt mind if a tracker or watcher claimed, was because id be their jailer as long as I was able. ensuring that at the very least scum would have to jump through hoops to get them.its a protection role after all. or scum would kill me, which uh, would at least absorb a NK. since again the alternative was everyone probably mislunches me today anyway. So I didnt think claiming would be a huge risk, even if it came to that. But with at least one unblockable kill, apparently, i cant guarantee that anymore, so I wouldnt blame em if they didnt say anything.

I don’t think it’s an unblockable kill, honestly.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Asphyxious posted:

I don’t think it’s an unblockable kill, honestly.

if not that would be great. bus driver then? or roleblocker? but i got a successful.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

sandnavyguy posted:

if not that would be great. bus driver then? or roleblocker? but i got a successful.

So busdriver. Meaning you jailed someone else.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

well, i doubt anyone would tell us if they got roleblocked last night so that doesnt help much

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

but Ill take it over an unblockable killer

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asphyxious posted:

That’s.. exactly what I was doing?

But there's a difference between these two sentences.

Asphyxious posted:

Watching or tracking would just show you visiting them.

All things considered I’m marking it as statistically more likely that you just NK’d them.

The first sentence is definitive and certain: SNG did kill hum so a watcher would only see him visiting.

The second sentence is more open and theoretical: SNG probably killed hum. Therefore a watcher would likely only see him visiting.

These sentences don't mesh together. There's no way that someone could have made this post with one consistent mindset.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asphyxious posted:

you’re about to hit where I start casing you and ho boy you’re not gonna like it.

I saw it. I lolled.

Just gonna drop this now. ##vote Gaspy

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asphyxious posted:

I really don’t require your approval at this juncture.

That's the spirit :unsmith:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Rarity posted:

But there's a difference between these two sentences.

The first sentence is definitive and certain: SNG did kill hum so a watcher would only see him visiting.

The second sentence is more open and theoretical: SNG probably killed hum. Therefore a watcher would likely only see him visiting.

These sentences don't mesh together. There's no way that someone could have made this post with one consistent mindset.

I only said one sentence, in which I theorised, however without certainty, what the results would be were SNG the killer, and they were tracked.

Where does the second sentence and it’s apparent disparity come from?

You’re making things up.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

sandnavyguy posted:

and rarity the reason i didnt mind if a tracker or watcher claimed

This just means they can't use their role again ya dingus

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Rarity posted:

I saw it. I lolled.

Just gonna drop this now. ##vote Gaspy

Sometimes my genius terrifies me.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asphyxious posted:

I only said one sentence, in which I theorised, however without certainty, what the results would be were SNG the killer, and they were tracked.

Where does the second sentence and it’s apparent disparity come from?

You’re making things up.

I literally quoted the two sentences in your post.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

sandnavyguy posted:

because their posting was egregious and does not deserve to be swept under the rug.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Rarity posted:

I literally quoted the two sentences in your post.

The second one literally just establishing the conclusion of the first one with zero room for interpretation, despite your best efforts.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

hey, my posting isnt great,but it sure as hell isnt being swept under a rug.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asphyxious posted:

The second one literally just establishing the conclusion of the first one with zero room for interpretation, despite your best efforts.

Eh, I'll let people who aren't you be the judge of that

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Rarity posted:

Eh, I'll let people who aren't you be the judge of that

It’ll be a good honeypot for scum, sure.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ugh can Toal just drop whatever they wanted to go on about so I can decide if it's bullshit and if it's more bullshit than this bullshit

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Pre edit: sorry I got caught up watching chineese soap opreas all day

I feel pretty good about SNG. They were in a perilous position and dodged out of it, and now it seems like they're trying to make the most of it. I want to believe their Jailer claim for now, I feel it's something that we can reasonably confirm with the right pieces in place.

I note that tpink hasn't chimed in yet on D2 (:ironicat: but grid you're barely saying poo poo yourself) And Birb has been strangely silent except to jump to my defence (seemingly form no where I will add) except for the joke vote on taste. I know you work in mysterious ways Birb so can I ask why you are so happy to defend me from no where, especially when almost everyone else is after me?

I think Ami is town because I really don't see scum posting:

Amnistar posted:

I don't usually go for "so bad it's town" but I almost feel that it is appropriate here.

on day 1 in utter disbelief. I'd think scum would prefer just to ignore it or jump on and try to get the free kill.

This Rarity vs Gaspy war needs to sort itself out too.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Oh and I'm not 100% able to articulate why but Hambeet feels like he's pinging me as Scum from being the shadowy man in the wings.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
grid posting yesterday seemed so earnest despite being bad mafia posting or not technically correct or whatever. although who is even to say what good or bad posting is these days

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

If SuperNewGuy isn’t scum, Hum dying relies on either:

- SNG got scum busdriven (not unlikely) and he and scum had the same target idea (slightly less likely)

- scum had a JUGGERNAUT gently caress as sandwolf put it (much less likely) and again, he and scum had the same target idea (slightly unlikely)

Like SNG could be town but with all the information open to us him being scum is simply the most likely option at this point.

I’m honestly happy to move my vote if a more reasonable scum option comes along.

mods please change my name to JUGGERNAUT gently caress

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh also i think last game, the food one where i was a baby, has sort of proven that sng can't keep playing the newbie card. they know what they're doing.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

actually if i'm going to be more accurate, others shouldn't be playing the newbie card for sng

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

grid posting yesterday seemed so earnest despite being bad mafia posting or not technically correct or whatever. although who is even to say what good or bad posting is these days

Earnest may not be the right word but it was honest posting

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

gaspy post your signature lol

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Gridlocked posted:

Pre edit: sorry I got caught up watching chineese soap opreas all day

I feel pretty good about SNG. They were in a perilous position and dodged out of it, and now it seems like they're trying to make the most of it. I want to believe their Jailer claim for now, I feel it's something that we can reasonably confirm with the right pieces in place.

I note that tpink hasn't chimed in yet on D2 (:ironicat: but grid you're barely saying poo poo yourself) And Birb has been strangely silent except to jump to my defence (seemingly form no where I will add) except for the joke vote on taste. I know you work in mysterious ways Birb so can I ask why you are so happy to defend me from no where, especially when almost everyone else is after me?

I think Ami is town because I really don't see scum posting:

on day 1 in utter disbelief. I'd think scum would prefer just to ignore it or jump on and try to get the free kill.

This Rarity vs Gaspy war needs to sort itself out too.

grid r u a jester?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

lol shadowy man in the wings what?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

wait till you see today! scumbuds hate him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

hambeet posted:

gaspy post your signature lol

I don’t think it’s quite the time yet, not ready to bust out the ol razzle dazzle, even with someone trying to pick a language fight with me lol