Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Give that fluffy hair jerk hell David

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

I'm mad!!!!!!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Finlay's sell of that GTS was fantastic.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Burn Down Canberra posted:

He does that bad wrestling commentator thing where he is like :geno: wow incredible :geno:

KENTA just won the inaugural New Japan USA Cup hitting the GTS on Finlay, and the reaction from Kozlov was ":geno: I'm tingling :geno:"

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

KENTA is really good at empty arena. Patient, doesn’t rely on crowd reaction because he’s a loner anyhow, knows how to project his voice and tell his story.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

KENTA vs. Moxley, hell yeah.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Replace Alex Kozlov with Vladimir Kozlov imo

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

I hear Renee Young is available.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

“I just can’t connect with KENTA because he doesn’t speak English” - WWE, I’m assuming

Also I’m here for more KENTA vs Cobb and the winner of that vs Moxley 100%

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Like the one thing in the world that Renee wasn't great at was being on commentary :smith:

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

A Real Horse posted:

“I just can’t connect with KENTA because he doesn’t speak English” - WWE, I’m assuming

Also I’m here for more KENTA vs Cobb and the winner of that vs Moxley 100%

Cobb should earn that rematch by going through Hikuleo.

Also bummer, didn’t know Renee was bad on commentary. I'm so blissfully free of current WWE knowledge.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

using the title shot briefcase as the de facto interim us title makes sense given circumstances. not a bad little tournament overall

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Thanlis posted:

Cobb should earn that rematch by going through Hikuleo.

Also bummer, didn’t know Renee was bad on commentary. I'm so blissfully free of current WWE knowledge.

I am ok with that idea as well.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Thanlis posted:

I hear Renee Young is available.

Doesn't she hate doing commentary?

IMO Brody King wears one too many accessories to the ring.

Also, that is a very sad trophy.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Njthoughts

1) Danny Limelight and DKC vs Rocky Romero and Adrian Quest. Danny Limelight has a great look and attitude. Some great chain stuff from Limelight and Romero to start. They're trying to make their bit very "mirror match". DKC has the problem of looking like 10 other guys. Adrian Quest looks one step behind the other guys in this match. Not a big step, but he's just not as crisp yet. Danny Limelight has some amazing strikes. DKC is impressive on his hot tag, simple moves but so much charisma. Adrian Quest did a pretty cool moonsault to the outside. Overall a very good fun West Coast indie match

Kozlov commentate like he just drank a huge mug of sleepytime tea before the show started.

2) Flip Gordon and Brody King vs Jay White and Chase Owens. Holy poo poo, Flip Gordon's gear is so awful. He and Brody King have so much talent so poorly presented. And here's my dirtbags. Both looking... damp and contagious. Nobody works heel like Jay White. Great dirty pool wrestling. The top rope kick from Flip Gordon was great, as was King's hot tag comeback. Jay White's DDT looks fantastic, just a murder-spike. The ending sequence was a bit spotty but that whateverthefuck King hit on Owens was incredible. And Hikkuleo after the bell. Good chaotic story match.

Fighting Spirit Unleashed tour announced. That's fun.

3) David Finlay vs KENTA. I love Finlay but I suspect he's about to be murdered. Decent match but Finlay isn't able to get much / any babyface fire under him. This is a slow match with a couple of astonishing turns of speed. Kenta is excellent at methodically dismantling an opponent. Finlay has stepped his game up a lot in this tournament. Not the most dramatic match, but fun.

I am absolutely here for a KENTA / Mox match. Or further Cobb / Kenta action. The post match stuff has really made me care.

Enjoyable show overall

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Strong reactions

- Danny Limelight looks like he has a little something, looking forward to seeing more

- Adrian Quest is what happens when you combine every 00s indie wrestler stereotype into one man

- Alex Kozlov is the drizzling shits

- Ahahahahaha Flip Gordon's new gimmick is like an 8 year old calling himself a big boy now cause he can tie his own laces

- Ahahahahaha a mercenary called Flip

- gently caress YOU SWITCHBLADE :3:

- Tbf bulking up has made Flip a better wrestler

- Oh hi Hikuleo :geno:

- The final was cool and all but it was hard to get into when the result was so obvious. Probably shoulda swapped Finlay out for Brodie King

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

sorry wrong thread. people are still catching up i'm sure so i'll leave this open for another day or two

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I don't think I've seen Brody King use that finisher before and wow it was brutal.

I like that NJPW USA hasn't insisted on having 20-30 minute epics in a no crowd setting. Some of the tourney matches could have used a bit more time but they never drag.

Danny Limelight looked good in the latest show but he has some of the worst tattoos I've seen on a wrestler, which is saying something.

I wonder if the FSU "tour" will actually be held in locations aside from the current one?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The briefcase gimmick is a good way to run out a little more time until Mox at least drops the AEW belt. Harold and Big Tony might be able to hash out something to let Moxley work a NJoA taping, but they're not gonna let him lose while he's AEW's top champion.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Lil K gonna give Mox a one way ticket to dreamland

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Do we know if Juice's injury is kayfabe or not? Even if not, if he's healed up, I can see this next 'tour' building to a legit card, something like:
GOD vs FinJuice
Hikuleo vs Brody
Switchblade vs Flip
KENTA vs Cobb for the briefcase.

Maybe toss in Spicy Karl beating Chase for his first win over a main roster guy (or do that on one of the earlier shows)

And then at the end of the main event, run a Moxley pre-tape promo (or have him do a run in) on the winner.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

The briefcase gimmick is a good way to run out a little more time until Mox at least drops the AEW belt. Harold and Big Tony might be able to hash out something to let Moxley work a NJoA taping, but they're not gonna let him lose while he's AEW's top champion.

Have Lil K win both belts.

Problem solved

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm just never gonna loving escape Kenta, I guess!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

MJeff posted:

I'm just never gonna loving escape Kenta, I guess!

Hey you can be happy that at least your ”KENTA doesn’t get reactions” gimmick finally actually makes sense

Watched the show, niceYES, NICE to see Switchblade. Flip is basically unrecognizable. I don’t hate him anymore I guess. KENTA vs Finlay was finally of the quality I wanted from the US NJPW shows, meaning it was p. good

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Gaz-L posted:

Do we know if Juice's injury is kayfabe or not? Even if not, if he's healed up, I can see this next 'tour' building to a legit card, something like:
GOD vs FinJuice
Hikuleo vs Brody
Switchblade vs Flip
KENTA vs Cobb for the briefcase.

Maybe toss in Spicy Karl beating Chase for his first win over a main roster guy (or do that on one of the earlier shows)

And then at the end of the main event, run a Moxley pre-tape promo (or have him do a run in) on the winner.

Sounds good. Maybe open with Connors vs Coughlin (or a tag match with Connors and TJP vs Coughlin and Rocky)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

extradite THIS! posted:

Hey you can be happy that at least your ”KENTA doesn’t get reactions” gimmick finally actually makes sense

Watched the show, niceYES, NICE to see Switchblade. Flip is basically unrecognizable. I don’t hate him anymore I guess. KENTA vs Finlay was finally of the quality I wanted from the US NJPW shows, meaning it was p. good

Sadly, your guys' collective "Kenta isn't totally loving washed" gimmick still has a ways to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

I could see him dropping the US belt due to Bullet Club interference. NJoA looks a lot less like potential competition for the next year or so, there’s much less chance of losing US wrestlers to NJPW... I think there’s some room for negotiation here.