Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yeah but SNG if you’ve already demonstrated to not be much of a protective role, so you’re almost more like just a RBer, no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

This is as bad a rationale as grids vote D1. “Welp, sorry if you’re town, but it’s better to remove you anyway!”

Not trusting me is a fair reason to vote, but don’t paint it with a “but thou must” light.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

Yeah but SNG if you’ve already demonstrated to not be much of a protective role, so you’re almost more like just a RBer, no?

Which can be very useful to block someone we think is scum yes.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Or possibly tie up the role blocker so our investigators can do their actions in peace.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Idk you could be scum though, which is part of my vote. When I say I dont trust you it means I can't trust you to be a town power role. You could have just done the nk on hum.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

How do you plan to find/ascertain their RBer?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

There’s a lot I can be useful for, and goals out of hand dismissal seems suspicious given how methodical they usually are.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

That’s a possibility but NKing Hum and then claiming him just ignites a mess that didn’t need to be lit. Do you really think that if I was in scum chat they’d let me get away with something like this? Scumchat brow beated me all the time in past games. It’s a bad play. Even I’m not that stupid

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yeah but you were also almost lunched D1, I can’t see scumteam going hard to try to keep you alive, no offense. I can even see them sending you to do the kill knowing full well you’d be tracked. Hence this Hum “oh no maybe juggernaut gently caress” thing.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

How do you plan to find/ascertain their RBer?

No I mean, if we have a heavy suspicion someone is scum, and yet they don’t win the vote? I jail them. I’d trust that as a whole we can diss out likely scum then block em. Then we have a much better chance of blocking their RB or bus driver, or whatever the heck they have. A goon has already died and it’s more likely we can hit a scum PR if there are any. And even if that fails, and I block a goon? a PR might have to waste their night action to NK

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

Yeah but you were also almost lunched D1, I can’t see scumteam going hard to try to keep you alive, no offense. I can even see them sending you to do the kill knowing full well you’d be tracked. Hence this Hum “oh no maybe juggernaut gently caress” thing.

Again, if I did the kill, there’s no way on earth I’d claim Hum as my jail target. I’d just say E+ Or someone and have done with it.

And even if they try to NK me, maybe if we have a doc they’ll take pity on me. Or at least I’ll absorb a NK so we only lose one townie between D2 and N2

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I don’t think that works quite the way you think it does.. just, it’d require you to RB the same person who was definitely scum over and over again, long enough for their team to pick up the pattern and have to work around it

OR

it’d require you to announce it in thread, wherein they can just immediately change their entire plan for the night

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

I don’t think that works quite the way you think it does.. just, it’d require you to RB the same person who was definitely scum over and over again, long enough for their team to pick up the pattern and have to work around it

OR

it’d require you to announce it in thread, wherein they can just immediately change their entire plan for the night

Or I announce in thread, they scaramble, and I block randomly. Either way it keeps them on the back foot.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

sandnavyguy posted:

Again, if I did the kill, there’s no way on earth I’d claim Hum as my jail target. I’d just say E+ Or someone and have done with it.

And even if they try to NK me, maybe if we have a doc they’ll take pity on me. Or at least I’ll absorb a NK so we only lose one townie between D2 and N2

No but you couldn’t. If you said you jailed E+ he would have simply confirmed or denied if he was jailed and that’s that?

And again, no offense, but if you are Town the scum isn’t gonna NK you.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

sandnavyguy posted:

Or I announce in thread, they scaramble, and I block randomly. Either way it keeps them on the back foot.

I guess so but that’s just so presumptuous I’m having *nailed* a scum player and not have lunched them

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

boy are they gonna be pissed we tracked sand (not a softclaim, turn of phrase) all around the house

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

No but you couldn’t. If you said you jailed E+ he would have simply confirmed or denied if he was jailed and that’s that?

And again, no offense, but if you are Town the scum isn’t gonna NK you.

I mean, jailer is usually a town role right? Isn’t a jailer scum OP as hell? And if they don’t kill me then all the stuff I said about being a roleblocker still applies. Then I’m a town they won’t kill. That sounds like a drat good thing to me, and for town as a whole.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

sandnavyguy posted:

Is this a stretch?

Yes, except to your whole post.

Your whole post is basically (1) I called out Amni but didn’t vote him, (2) I defended you early on, which is...suspicious to you? and (3) I agreed with other people that the scenario you’ve come up with is wildly implausible. Your only real response is that sometimes wildly implausible events happen. True, but I’ll take those odds.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Jailer could equally be a scum role or a town role. When I first started playing it was exclusively a scum role.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

I guess so but that’s just so presumptuous I’m having *nailed* a scum player and not have lunched them

Not really, if we get a close hard tie, or a three way split I can just help us narrow the options the next day is all. It’s softer but similar to how vigging a vote runner up is a solid strategy, but less death.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

sandnavyguy posted:

Not really, if we get a close hard tie, or a three way split I can just help us narrow the options the next day is all. It’s softer but similar to how vigging a vote runner up is a solid strategy, but less death.

Except, by your own admission, you're useless as a jailor against the scum team, beecause they have some way to work around you. So you can't do anything to stop the kill, so keeping you around just because you're jailor isn't anything beneficial.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

But that person you’re describing is literally the role you are currently inhabiting

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

tpink posted:

Yes, except to your whole post.

Your whole post is basically (1) I called out Amni but didn’t vote him, (2) I defended you early on, which is...suspicious to you? and (3) I agreed with other people that the scenario you’ve come up with is wildly implausible. Your only real response is that sometimes wildly implausible events happen. True, but I’ll take those odds.

It is suspicious, since 1) you’re so sure I deserved it, but you defended me to the last second, and 2) your defense was the most backhanded I’ve seen in a long time. “Well guys I know he’s acting scummy, and was just scum, and everyone thinks he’s scum... but cmonnnn” if that’s a defense then no thank you let me drown.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

sandnavyguy posted:

Like, this is you. We had a close hard tie yesterday, you were the person who you would theoretically be RBing in perpetuity now.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Amnistar posted:

Except, by your own admission, you're useless as a jailor against the scum team, beecause they have some way to work around you. So you can't do anything to stop the kill, so keeping you around just because you're jailor isn't anything beneficial.

But it does because if I’m gone they can use those powers on *everyone else*

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

Like, this is you. We had a close hard tie yesterday, you were the person who you would theoretically be RBing in perpetuity now.

Yes. Except no one else is the jailer but me, so this hypothetical doesn’t work.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

sandnavyguy posted:

Yes. Except no one else is the jailer but me, so this hypothetical doesn’t work.

I’d HOPE jailer would have claimed by now with this kind of shitstorm.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

By your own admission, we should be lunching you!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

t a s t e posted:

[quote="SHALASHASKA HAWKE" post="507463947"]
you seem a bit hesitant to ##vote rarity
[/quote

This is also some proper pissbaby poo poo

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

yes, if I wasn’t a claimed PR! With a goddamn get out of jail free card since you think they won’t NK me!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

That insult is extremely fail

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

That’s to sandwolf, with the fail insult, not sng

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

sandnavyguy posted:

yes, if I wasn’t a claimed PR! With a goddamn get out of jail free card since you think they won’t NK me!

I would hope our runner up of the day in future with what we know wouldn’t have a claimed town PR with possible NK prevention, so I don’t think that will be a problem

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

sandnavyguy posted:

It is suspicious, since 1) you’re so sure I deserved it, but you defended me to the last second, and 2) your defense was the most backhanded I’ve seen in a long time. “Well guys I know he’s acting scummy, and was just scum, and everyone thinks he’s scum... but cmonnnn” if that’s a defense then no thank you let me drown.

What in the world are you talking about? Did I defend you to the last second, or was it really a backhanded attack? Which is it?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

tpink posted:

What in the world are you talking about? Did I defend you to the last second, or was it really a backhanded attack? Which is it?

I already said it was both. Enough of a defense that when I flip town you could say “oh nooooo I told you so!” And enough of an attack to push people on the fence to vote me anyway and make the former scenario happen.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

sandnavyguy posted:

I already said it was both. Enough of a defense that when I flip town you could say “oh nooooo I told you so!” And enough of an attack to push people on the fence to vote me anyway and make the former scenario happen.

It’s actually really clever and I applaud you.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

t a s t e posted:

That insult is extremely fail

who knew that taste’s bat signal was so sad

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I’m constantly refreshing my ucp to get rid of unread posts

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sandwolf you still want to vote me today, fair, but what do you think of Tpinks posts yesterday we’re discussing? Am I way off base in my assumptions? Or does the pattern seem odd?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

sandnavyguy posted:

Let me be very clear now that after you claimed (after that post), I stopped thinking that you may be town and decided that you are scum. There’s no hidden gambit to that post.