Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

We used to congregate and play in 'the sideroad' (dividing the terraces) and kick a ball against the side of an old guys house until he came out screaming at us

Occasionally the balls would land in his garden where he would puncture them and throw.them back over

One time an ambulance crew broke into his house mid game and wheeled him away. He was back a few days later, so we didn't kill him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

There was one time that we stole a can of petrol that was left on the side of the road outside the graveyard gates by the old guy in there strumming.
We took it to a nearby field and tried to reenact the line of petrol with the open can at the end like in the movies, turns out it doesn't explode but it does get the fire brigade called pretty sharpish to deal with the 20ft high wall of flame.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
you sound like a toerag, dont touch anything in here.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Behind my house was a cornfield but the land was soon cleared for development. Excavating the basements for the new houses created massive mounds of dirt that my mate and I used to play on. We played mega man x. I was X and I wore a blue baseball batting glove and my mate was Zero and he wore a red glove. We never killed anyone either

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

you sound like a toerag, dont touch anything in here.

I just liked fire and explosions.
I would buy boxes of 1000 cap gun caps, then strip out the gunpowder with a dart, take a couple of my dad's shotgun shells and strip out the powder from them. Using an old copper kettle I would crush the gun powder discs and cap gun powder together then roll them up tight in paper and cello tape the end.
When ever we bought fireworks, I would cut an amount off of each of the fuses to save for my own bangers.
I say they were 'French bangers' but realistically they were sticks of dynamite.
Could blow holes in hedges or pop wheelie bins into the air.

I played with pulling retrieveable rocket engines apart to make my own rockets but they always were a bit of a flub and far too expensive to be messing with all the time.

So yea, I was a bit of a toerag

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i must also admit to some occasional bangers on brownies hi jinks

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

I would say I've grown out of it. But we blew up some old train line detonators recently that my dad had left over unused from like ten years ago before he retired from driving.
They make a good pop

Ghosty
Aug 13, 2020

Salisbury Snape posted:

The kid that lives up the hill is always a wanker.
If you wanna chill with us mate, you gotta drag your fat rear end down the hill. We don't wanna ever meet your weird perma pyjama wearing mum and her house full of rabid cats ever again.

Our kid like that lived at the very bottom of the hill in some disaster of a house. He had dwarfism but his parents had clearly lied to him for years and he believed he was suddenly going to grow to a normal height as soon as he hit puberty. He never did, obviously.

His weird pyjama wearing mum was just a benefit leech and would constantly blame things that were very obviously her fault on other people. She’d leave stuff at the top of the stairs (like a hoover or something) then go back down and come up again, stubbing her toe and blaming everybody in the house but her while dramatically making out that she’d broken her toe or something.

He ended up just being a total failure like his mum (go figure). Just how universal of an experience actually is this? Is there something about hills?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Yeah haha dumb bitch dont u know it's your own fault for being poor?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
what are we all doing tonight? disko dancing at the discotheques in blue jeans i shouldn't wonder :slick:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

loving around aimlessly, op

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
jackbox with non goons. Need to remember not to default to Homars/Maddie/Jimmy Saville

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i'm severely bored

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Jose posted:

i'm severely bored

Have u played ff7 remake yet

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

No I'm working my way through Spiderman currently but not in the mood for it

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Spiderman is good but my playthrough stalled out at about 70%. Finished FF7R the other day and it's really good. I just bought Death Stranding but haven't started playing it yet

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i never played the original FF7

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

The only jrpg I have played is Pokémon.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

fridge corn posted:

Spiderman is good but my playthrough stalled out at about 70%. Finished FF7R the other day and it's really good. I just bought Death Stranding but haven't started playing it yet

I've done this the other way. I completed Death Stranding recently and now I'm playing my way through FF7R. Death Stranding was weird and I wasn't impressed at all at first but after a while everything clicked and i ended up loving it. It's just really chill. Finding paths through the mountains, makin deliveries

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
In Post apocalyptic (a.k.a. next year) America, you pay to be the Ubereats delivery guy.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Jose posted:

i never played the original FF7

Doesn't really matter I dont think. Obviously it will be different experience for someone who has played, or more specifically has nostalgia for, the original, it's not required to enjoy the game. It plays well and its fun

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Meat Wagon posted:

I've done this the other way. I completed Death Stranding recently and now I'm playing my way through FF7R. Death Stranding was weird and I wasn't impressed at all at first but after a while everything clicked and i ended up loving it. It's just really chill. Finding paths through the mountains, makin deliveries

I'm not expecting to be impressed by Death Stranding either but I'm going in with an open mind

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

fridge corn posted:

Death Stranding

confused me a lot because it was pitched as this deep and multifaceted thought provoking experience, and then you actually start playing and theres a guy called Die Hardman. "haha like bruce willis" and then his name turns out to be john mcclane

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

fridge corn posted:

Doesn't really matter I dont think. Obviously it will be different experience for someone who has played, or more specifically has nostalgia for, the original, it's not required to enjoy the game. It plays well and its fun

just waiting for it to be a bit cheaper tbh

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

kecske posted:

confused me a lot because it was pitched as this deep and multifaceted thought provoking experience, and then you actually start playing and theres a guy called Die Hardman. "haha like bruce willis" and then his name turns out to be john mcclane

lol I didn't know his surname was mcclane.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

So you don't play it exactly but looking at sorting out this fs2020 business. Am I right that I maybe already own it through the game pass? Now I just need a £3.5k pc to run it and another 10k to setup my hardware sim rig? Seems sensible to be able to fly over my house. Or I couldn't rent a Cessna for a few hundred and actually fly over my house?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

fridge corn posted:

I'm not expecting to be impressed by Death Stranding either but I'm going in with an open mind
it can be frustrating but its one of those games where some of the challenges seem really tough, but right after you complete it you will get a thing that makes it much easier next time

the setting is cool, the dialogue and names are silly, and leg truckin is actually quite fun after a while

if you max out the stars on the locations they give you better versions of your gear

wibble
May 20, 2001
Meep meep

NotJustANumber99 posted:

So you don't play it exactly but looking at sorting out this fs2020 business. Am I right that I maybe already own it through the game pass? Now I just need a £3.5k pc to run it and another 10k to setup my hardware sim rig? Seems sensible to be able to fly over my house. Or I couldn't rent a Cessna for a few hundred and actually fly over my house?

If you have game pass then you already have it and should just try it out on whatever PC you have.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

NotJustANumber99 posted:

i tried it today and it runs like dogshit on my relatively decent pc, even on the lowest settings so rip, waiting for updates or just might buy a new pc

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

I just watched all the cutscenes on youtube

and some gameplay

TBH I'm relatively amused that Kojima made a game about lockdown 2020

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

jose please reveal the thread votes so that we can shame those who voted 5

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Some sort of house party piling out into the street. Teen-agers teenaging all over. I've stamped about angrily in my flip flops putting the roof on the car and they're not getting the message. loving 10 o'clock at night. I thought we'd left Europe?

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
broken britain imo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

jose please reveal the thread votes so that we can shame those who voted 5

5.0: Chrs
5.0: socket
5.0: Jedah
5.0: Solefald
5.0: Dysgenesis
5.0: Harime Nui
5.0: Oscar Romeo Romeo
5.0: hand-fed baby bird
5.0: Phoon
5.0: goatface
5.0: buteruc
5.0: Manic X
5.0: Furia
5.0: Intrinsic Field Marshal
5.0: ThomasPaine
5.0: Fatkraken
5.0: Roger Henson IV
5.0: Daktar
5.0: Galewolf
5.0: Stooge
5.0: Waarg
5.0: Sloth Life
5.0: Cyril Sneeer
5.0: smiling giraffe
5.0: Sonderval
5.0: NotJustANumber99
5.0: no_one
5.0: Nigel Farage
5.0: Stabbatical
5.0: Pistol_Pete
5.0: invisiblelunatic
5.0: Reanimatador
5.0: Wurzag
5.0: AMooseDoesStuff
5.0: Ratjaculation
5.0: Nothingtoseehere
5.0: Spam
5.0: sout
5.0: learnincurve
5.0: XMNN
5.0: Vitamins
5.0: freelop
5.0: Maoist Pussy
5.0: Vyro Ingo
4.0: Inexplicable Humblebrag
3.0: Szyznyk
3.0: Cluncho McChunk
3.0: Jaded Burnout
3.0: Broken Cog
2.0: Algol Star
2.0: The Natch
2.0: Moon is a grass
2.0: Whorelord
2.0: Total Meatlove
1.0: gnarlyhotep
1.0: gludel
1.0: Superterranean
1.0: Jose
1.0: feedmegin
1.0: Sleeveless
1.0: spud

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I did that before I read any of djf or whatevers posts. Also this is a breach of my data protection. The owner of this website is in big trouble now.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

abstainers represent

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I did that before I read any of djf or whatevers posts. Also this is a breach of my data protection. The owner of this website is in big trouble now.

I wasn't going to post it until I saw the thread rated 1 by me

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

Rated 5 to be with the cool kids

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I've got plenty of time for anyone who voted 1 or 5, you really went for it. But anyone that voted 2 to 4 wtf are you doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
90% of my thread votes are mis-clicks trying to get back to the main page, the number i vote is basically random chance.