Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Silver Falcon posted:

Ile du BonZone is open for the Bug-off!

See PGS thread for Dodo Code.

I've done some heavy flower purging, but there are still plenty of flowers to attract bugs!

While you're at it... I do have one flower plot where I'm trying to grow more flowers of the Signature Colors of Le BonZone. If you could water them while you're there, that would be swell! The plot is below the northern housing block, next to the fruit orchard. Look for the signs.

Feel free to shop, bother my villagers, and leave me stupid drawings on my bulletin board. Especially say hi to our newest resident, Phoebe, who is still unpacking and won't be able to participate in the Bug-Off. You can also say hello to Whitney, at the Campsite, who will be the island's future newest resident in a couple days.

Lastly, there's a pile of extra DIYs between the airport and Abel Sisters. TAKE THEM AWAY I don't want them.

I took a few DIYs and watered a bunch of your flowers where the signs told me to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Is each extra bug one point? And thanks.

Also, I got diplo tails comin' outta my rear end.

Each bug is one point, and if you catch more than 3 you get two bonus points.

So I caught 7 bugs, and got 9 points.

And remember to trade in your points for prizes! (Talk to Flick, choose "Something Else" and "Redeem Points.") He'll give you a random special bug related item for every ten points you amass.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
you also get crazy bonuses for co-op because team catch rates

in related news, trying to do this poo poo with friends who use wifi internet is :shepicide:

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018

SilentChaz posted:

I have the DIY for gold armor. Got it again just this morning. Stop on by.

Edit: Closed for now. I should be available most of tomorrow if no one else has been able to help you out.

Oh poo poo, sorry. I ended up getting really busy yesterday. If you're available today just let me know and I'll swing by.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Farten Barfen posted:

Oh poo poo, sorry. I ended up getting really busy yesterday. If you're available today just let me know and I'll swing by.

Open now!

Closed

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Aug 22, 2020

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I took a few DIYs and watered a bunch of your flowers where the signs told me to.

Nice, and thank you! Hope you enjoyed your visit.

Bug-off is over on my end but my gates are still open so ya'll are welcome to poke around.

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018

SilentChaz posted:

Open now!

B5TXN

Heading over now
Edit: Thank you so much! Sorry I had to just drop by so quickly! I hope you enjoy the gold and money!

Farten Barfen fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Aug 22, 2020

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Lucha is in boxes today. If your island needs an awesome Smug-type wrestlebird, let me know and he's all yours!

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Anyone have decent turnip prices? I’m about to take a bath.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

JJBCG

Come catch buuggggsss with me on Mofufu!! It's only 3pm here so you've got a couple hours left.

Alternatively, just come to poke around and also wish Rolf a happy birthday!

Blaziken386 fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Aug 23, 2020

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Blaziken386 posted:

JJBCG

Come catch buuggggsss with me on Mofufu!! It's only 3pm here so you've got a couple hours left.

Alternatively, just come to poke around and also wish Rolf a happy birthday!

I came over to check your turnip prices but had fun catching bugs! Sorry I was bad at it!

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007

Flubby posted:

I've been trying for blue roses since April and if I had to do it all again I wouldn't. Every morning is a disappointment. I think what I'm going to do is shovel up all of these super hybrids and sell them and free my island of all this red. Then I'm going to look for orange roses on hybrid islands. Because the legit way of doing it starting with seeds is insane.

I can drop two blue roses off so you can get cloning if you want; I've just been cloning 'em for shits and giggles lately.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Do the points you get with Flick carry over to September or do you have to use them or lose them now?

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007

Do the points you get with Flick carry over to September or do you have to use them or lose them now?

They carry over towards the cumulative 300 (or more, if you want). You'll get one of each non-trophy prize on the way, then you'll start getting random repeats.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

They carry over towards the cumulative 300 (or more, if you want). You'll get one of each non-trophy prize on the way, then you'll start getting random repeats.

Yeah, I just let him talk me into a bunch of bug-related furniture and such before I read this, thanks.

Mykroft
Aug 25, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Yeah, I just let him talk me into a bunch of bug-related furniture and such before I read this, thanks.

And your points will still be available next bug off - Flick told me I had 92 I could redeem when I talked to him before 9am this morning

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I believe they carry over

EdsTeioh posted:

I came over to check your turnip prices but had fun catching bugs! Sorry I was bad at it!
oh no, don't worry about it! co-op seems to make it harder by lowering the spawns, but in return, gives you more points. Just being there means more bonuses!

but yeah my turnip prices are mid 40s, lol

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
Light ‘em Up!

DODO Code: D6PCS

Cataloging time on Rhosyn! Come touch things for your catalog and shed a little light on the subject! Free stuff to the right of the airport. Visit my new improved cataloging location (follow the signs). I’m a big fan of drawings on my board! Feel free to pull any weeds and pick up sticks if you come across them.

All catalog items are complete sets!

* Firepit
* Floor Light
* Cute Lamps
* Gas Range
* Floor Lamp
* Rocket Lamp
* Humidifier
* Lantern
* Rattan Lamp
* Oil Barrel
* Clay Oven
* Studio Lights
* Soft Serve Lamp
* Open-Frame Kitchen
* Folding Lamp
* Camp Stove
* Campfire Cookware
* Fireplace
* Studio Wall Light

Remember - pick up and put down, don’t take! If you want to take something, take the giveaways to the right of the airport. Follow the signs to the cataloging area. Thanks to all the goons who helped contribute to the catalog! Buy whatever you would like at the store!

Needed for Cataloging List: (don’t feel obligated, this is for future catalog parties. They’re reorderables I don’t have yet, and there’s no urgency to get them. But that takes too long to type.)
https://nookplaza.net/lists/55543

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Are the fossils up for grabs?

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Okay, butterflies flying right through trees is some bullshit.

Flick deserved that Emperor Butterfly

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

hey, remember when this game first came out, and having hybrid flowers meant you couldn't go two steps without tripping over peacock butterflies and other valuable stuff

I miss that spawn rate, it was much less tedious

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

I can drop two blue roses off so you can get cloning if you want; I've just been cloning 'em for shits and giggles lately.

I appreciate it, but I want to try to make them myself. I must have messed up somewhere in the 10 step process. If hybrid islands are gone I'll just have to start it over from scratch. The 10 step process. From scratch.

You know what if someone wants to give me blue roses I think I'll take them after all. Bells don't have any worth. I got 12 gold nuggets and 14 rusted parts to trade though. So I'm at least earning them.

e: Ok how about, I give out my Dodo code, I go hide in my house, and if some roses were to appear on the island then that's that. I didn't cheat it. They just happened there. And I leave out the gold and parts like milk and cookies on Christmas Eve.

Flubby fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Aug 23, 2020

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Are the fossils up for grabs?

Take as many as you want. Everything up front is up for grabs

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Fortunately the 100/200/300 point prizes are just reaching that total level - spending the points on prizes doesn't decrease your lifetime earned amount.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Poo Island is open for a touch party!

Completed sets: aluminum briefcase, antique phone, arcade games, basic teacher's desk, basketball hoop, barbecue, beach ball, box corner sofa, box sofa, boxing ring corners, cardboard box, chalkboard, chessboard, clothesline pole, cute chair, cute floor lamp, den chair, den desk, desktop computer, double sofa, elaborate kimono stand, electronics kit, exit sign, fancy violin, fireplace, floor lamp, folding floor lamp, foosball table, garden gnome, gas range, globe, golf bag, grand piano, humidifier, Imperial chest, Imperial dining chair, Imperial dining table, insect-head models, kitchen island, lantern, lecture-hall bench, low screen, menu chalkboard, mountain bike, Mr. Flamingo, Mrs. Flamingo, mug, nail-art set, Nintendo Switches, oil barrel, party garland, pedal board, pet bed, popcorn machine, pot rack, retro fan, revolving spice rack, sand castle, simple panel, skull doorplate, smoker, soft-serve lamp, stovetop espresso machine, study desk, surfboard, throwback rocket, toilet-cleaning set, tool shelf, TV camera, vintage TV tray, whirlpool bath, whiteboard.

Also, lots of free fossils and DIY recipe cards!

Dodo code is in the PGS thread.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Flubby posted:

I appreciate it, but I want to try to make them myself. I must have messed up somewhere in the 10 step process. If hybrid islands are gone I'll just have to start it over from scratch. The 10 step process. From scratch.

I know your pain. I spent months trying to grow a stupid blue rose. Eventually I convinced myself that I had hosed up somewhere and that my special reds were no good so I just had someone bring me one to clone. Two weeks later one actually showed up in my red patch after a storm had come through.

Purple windflowers were somehow worse though. I finally got one just this week.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Pot dress is real :aaaaa:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I've only just reached the hybrid red rose stage. You guys are stressing me out. I've had a giant patch of orange hyacinths for a while now with no purples. :/

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I devoted a disgusting amount of island space to hybrid growing and made extensive use of my wife's switch to have a frequent visitor watering everything and I can't be happier it's all done and over with now

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Metaline posted:

Again, thank you for this!

I've been trying to get any of the Elaborate Kimono Stands for ages, so being able to catalogue those, as well as complete some of my cute/imperial sets was super helpful.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I've only just reached the hybrid red rose stage. You guys are stressing me out. I've had a giant patch of orange hyacinths for a while now with no purples. :/
I've been following the Paleh method for roses, without time travel, and without any visitor watering. I'm about two thirds of the way done!
...and it's only taken me since may :suicide:

At this point, I could just go beg a single blue from one of my friends, but then I'd have wasted 3 months, my pride would shatter, and I would no longer have a reason to play each day

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Blaziken386 posted:

Again, thank you for this!

I've been trying to get any of the Elaborate Kimono Stands for ages, so being able to catalogue those, as well as complete some of my cute/imperial sets was super helpful.

I've been following the Paleh method for roses, without time travel, and without any visitor watering. I'm about two thirds of the way done!
...and it's only taken me since may :suicide:

At this point, I could just go beg a single blue from one of my friends, but then I'd have wasted 3 months, my pride would shatter, and I would no longer have a reason to play each day

Thanks for coming! I’ll have more sets soooooon.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Anyone interested in selling wasp nests? Farming them is less fun than I thought...

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

tuo posted:

Anyone interested in selling wasp nests? Farming them is less fun than I thought...

I have three you can have if you want them?

Edit: actually I have six, it turns out, but I'm crashing for the night. You can pick them up tomorrow if you want.

spacing in vienna fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Aug 23, 2020

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.

tuo posted:

I have some you can have. Just PM me when you are online. No charge. Not sure how many I have but at least a few.

Edit - looks like I have 9. All yours.

yippeekiyaymf fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Aug 23, 2020

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007

Flubby posted:

You know what if someone wants to give me blue roses I think I'll take them after all. Bells don't have any worth. I got 12 gold nuggets and 14 rusted parts to trade though. So I'm at least earning them.

e: Ok how about, I give out my Dodo code, I go hide in my house, and if some roses were to appear on the island then that's that. I didn't cheat it. They just happened there. And I leave out the gold and parts like milk and cookies on Christmas Eve.

Pop a Dodo code in the PGS thread sometime before 6 PM EST today and I’m certain you’ll discover that you actually grew the roses yourself after all.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Metaline posted:

Completed sets: aluminum briefcase, antique phone, arcade games, basic teacher's desk, basketball hoop, barbecue, beach ball, box corner sofa, box sofa, boxing ring corners, cardboard box, chalkboard, chessboard, clothesline pole, cute chair, cute floor lamp, den chair, den desk, desktop computer, double sofa, elaborate kimono stand, electronics kit, exit sign, fancy violin, fireplace, floor lamp, folding floor lamp, foosball table, garden gnome, gas range, globe, golf bag, grand piano, humidifier, Imperial chest, Imperial dining chair, Imperial dining table, insect-head models, kitchen island, lantern, lecture-hall bench, low screen, menu chalkboard, mountain bike, Mr. Flamingo, Mrs. Flamingo, mug, nail-art set, Nintendo Switches, oil barrel, party garland, pedal board, pet bed, popcorn machine, pot rack, retro fan, revolving spice rack, sand castle, simple panel, skull doorplate, smoker, soft-serve lamp, stovetop espresso machine, study desk, surfboard, throwback rocket, toilet-cleaning set, tool shelf, TV camera, vintage TV tray, whirlpool bath, whiteboard.

Also, lots of free fossils and DIY recipe cards!

Dodo code is in the PGS thread.

Question. Looks like you have all your stuff in one big pile? How do you keep it from getting mixed up? Do you care if it gets mixed up? I know if I visited I'd be terrified of messing it up, but at the same time picking up just one thing and then dropping it takes ages. I prefer to pick up things 9 at a time, and then drop them, which is so much faster.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Are Phoebe and Bertha known to have a beef? Phoebe just complained that she made cheese fondue and Bertha was all "That tastes like day-old herbal tea"

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
get reked julian lol

get a drat hobby isabelle (watching tv isn't a hobby)

oh my god shut upppp

get hosed raymond

god damnit I just want another peppy villager stop trying to fill every space with a smug drat rng

Edit: also the dude who wanted wasp nests I should have about 15 at some point

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

track day bro! posted:

get a drat hobby isabelle (watching tv isn't a hobby)

I'm convinced Isabelle is just wasted all the time. That's a rocks glass with a strong pour of brown liquor in it I swear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
i guess working for tom nook takes it's toll......