Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Yea, SnG is doing a whole lot of "dont execute me" and not a whole lot of "alright, If I go, here are all my opinions."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Amnistar posted:

Yea, SnG is doing a whole lot of "dont execute me" and not a whole lot of "alright, If I go, here are all my opinions."

Really? Are you blind? I’ve stated multiple times I’m likely to be the lunch. I’ve given multiple cases. I’ve straight up told Sandwolf to read my cases once I’m gone. And same as yesterday, I feel I’m gonna flip, so I want everyone to still use me cause I wanna win. In what way am I not giving opinions?

Seriously I don’t understand your read of my plays.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Gaspy, sand, you are both voting me and feel I’m scum, but can you at least back me up on this one? Cause I’ve talked to you both about what I hope for when I flip.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Sorry, I should make clear that I am not saying you are making 0 cases, but rather you are expending a significant amount of effort on trying to convince mpeople about mechanical reasons to keep you alive, and i dont see the same effort being put into casing people.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Amnistar posted:

Sorry, I should make clear that I am not saying you are making 0 cases, but rather you are expending a significant amount of effort on trying to convince mpeople about mechanical reasons to keep you alive, and i dont see the same effort being put into casing people.

Well with that clarity it makes more sense cause it was looking like desperation when uh, you really don’t need to be desperate for me to flip at this point. Meaning it would be performative.

And I did case the people I think have valid cases. Everyone else gives me null or town vibes, but telling all of you my town reads is what got you all freaked out and stuck me into this mess in the first place.

Either way, I’ve given several cases and if you want more scum reads I’d be making stuff up which uh, doesn’t freaking help. I’ve been completely transparent since I said hello on D1, and even that post you jumped on me for.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

And so I’m relying on the only other way I can help, with a PR everyone seems desperate to discard. I however, think it’s a versatile way to help especially with 2 night kills at a time. But everyone wants to get rid of possibly the only protection role other than a possible unclaimed doc which frustrates me. And with a bus driver In play multiple protection avenues are vital. I won’t apologize for trying to keep my team in the running long term when it feels like town is at a pretty big disadvantage. Unless there’s a town night vig, but that’s only if we are all really lucky.

TLDR

I’ve given all the cases I can, I’m prepared to be mislunched, but I still hope people decide to trust me so we have a chance as town.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
sng if you’re scum tell us who your scumbuds are cause they’re clearly not doing much to help you out

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

sng if you’re scum tell us who your scumbuds are cause they’re clearly not doing much to help you out

The fact you all think I apparently have a team of people nodding along as I drown boggles my mind. At this point I sure as hell would Birb. I wish I knew.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

that’s why I said if

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

the gaspy/rarity interaction looks fake tbh

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I know, and trust me I would lol. I’d be pissed.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Kind of? But they both seem genuine, though maybe they’re just good bussers

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

If anything, aside from my current cases I’ve given, I’m worried about grid disappearing off the face of the earth and Taste. Who would be a solid lurker kill at this point, but apparently that’s his meta town game? That’s what they said in Food Mafia anyway.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

sandnavyguy posted:

Gaspy, sand, you are both voting me and feel I’m scum, but can you at least back me up on this one? Cause I’ve talked to you both about what I hope for when I flip.

lol no I’m not what the gently caress

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

YOU look fake!

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Asphyxious posted:

lol no I’m not what the gently caress

sandnavyguy posted:

Alright I guess everyone’s resigned to a mislunch then. Well, I still think this could help some but, please look at:

Gridlock, for the reasons already stated,

Scientastic/Amnistar, for the weird scumbussing and vote hopping to me,

And focus on lurkers, Who I think are getting an easy free ride.

And please actually look harder at everyone’s posting relationships, cause some people have been very protective of each other and it’s raised no alarms.

Go town! I hope we still win.

I'm sorry gaspy, i thought you were the person I talked about this with earlier, but it was just Sandwolf. I posted this before I ever posted my claim, and it basically still holds firm. I didn't want to have to do this every time because I think its redundant, but I'll post again for people who apparently didnt see it before.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

So Amni, if it would set you at ease I can retype that, but saying I havent tried helping town before i get lunched is ignorant at best, and actively scummy at worst.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Hambeet quiet today no likey.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Asphyxious posted:

YOU look fake!

between this and looking like busb... drat :(

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

between this and looking like busb... drat :(

Quietly loving that Hal thought we were the same person. I mean, that’s not without precedent.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

SNG you did give contingencies but I agree with Amni that you’ve spent a lot more energy trying to convince us not to lunch ya rather than trying to find scum among people voting you, if you feel there are scum pushing your lunch.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

SNG you did give contingencies but I agree with Amni that you’ve spent a lot more energy trying to convince us not to lunch ya rather than trying to find scum among people voting you, if you feel there are scum pushing your lunch.

Interesting...

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Also, to Hawke’s point about “why is no one defending SNG if he’s on a scumteam?” (Which is already a weak argument) there HAVE been several people who have been defending SNG (Rarity) or ignoring it in a discomforting way (Bif).

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

Also, to Hawke’s point about “why is no one defending SNG if he’s on a scumteam?” (Which is already a weak argument) there HAVE been several people who have been defending SNG (Rarity) or ignoring it in a discomforting way (Bif).

Say what now

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
So for all my railing against meta posts I will point out that SNG's play is reminding me a lot of my last AusPol Mafia game where I too dropped a town claim early (was also Jailer but just said it was a protective role) and spent the rest of the game telling people to trust me because my power is good and useful and it can be confirmed. I also constantly claimed I will get lynched by scumbus as easy target which didn't happen, and then I was erroneously stabbed at night a few days later.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bifauxnen posted:

Say what now

You’ve been avoiding talking about SNG all day to talk about Toalpaz or whatever, it’s not scummy until SNG flips scum

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
hello, what a busy day! can't believe nobody called me out for not posting across like 5 pages.

I'm pretty sure SNG is town but I'm worried this is going to end up in a situation where attempts to lunch SNG dominate every single day until either he's dead or someone else manages to clear him (and is believed by the thread). More than likely one of the people needling SNG is scum hoping for this exact outcome.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

alternatively, SNG is scum and is not a jailer goaded on by their scum buddies to stir up poo poo, but just enough people are defending him to let him coast by for a few days. this soaks up the thread's attention and leads to lovely last-minute swerves to town. this seems unlikely because it's a strat that needs as many living scum as possible to work, and they're already down one, but it's an idea

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Epsilon Plus posted:

is not a jailer but is being goaded on by their scum buddies

mafia edit, sorry

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
There seems to be a lot of applilications of Occams Razor going on from Sandwolf, tpink and Ami on to SNG. I can understand that reasoning, however I am inclined to give the benefit of the doubt to SNG for at least 1 more day.

My own position at the moment is I would prefer to vote someone else today but will vote for SNG in the future when more info comes to light given my recent re-read of how the situation could be playing out.

Ami has been solidly onto SNG since Day 1 and I think that they are a townie who is very confidant in their scumhunt. Sandwolf reads similar in this regard.

I dislike tpink's lurking stratagey. They seem to be taking quick shots at the easiest targets on each day thus far (me on Day 1 when it appeared they maybe a last minute pile-on and SNG who is being pushed on today.)

I am not sure what the Toalpaz VS Bif thing is. Bif has been tunneling hard on Toalpaz bassed on gut feels and "Toal is ignoring me" which is really weird. Toal themself has provided a reasonable point for their vote today and hasn't really done much I see as scummy behaviour.

Bif's tunneling makes me feel like she either KNOWS something but isn't sharing or is hoping to fly under the radar as ignorable. Bif can you articulate further on your anti-Toal stance?

I also feel like I should place some trust in E+ despite the masonry with now dead Humalong being unconfirmed.

Rarity and Gaspy have both been pinging me with their multi-page back and forth fight. I feels like an intentional distraction and play-fighting; and not really either having dirt on the other. Rarity was trying to be a big voice on D1 and it failed to have any uptake. Gaspy's been very ~mysterious~ and not much else.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

This post pinged me hard got a variety of reasons, we have full blown maxim violation in here and it lines up with what’s happened earlier.

Here’s the thing: SNG has never generally claimed scum are on the vote at this point. He has explicitly cased two of the votes on him, tpink and Amnistar, neither of these cases hinges on their voting. But, Sandwolf has phrased this in a way to imply that SNG has only been vague with any of his claims.

There’s a lot that can be taken from this but here’s the bullet points

- Sandwolf has actively misrepresented SNG’s activity
- Sandwolf has set up a scenario where the vote leader has to draw from a smaller pool of votes
- if you reread SNG (which I just did, twice, it wasn’t fun) you’ll see his Tpink and amnistar cases have more effort put into them than most anything else flying around AND Sandwolf has consistently undermined and ignored his efforts

And,

- Sandwolf was the one who floated the JUGGERNAUT gently caress theory despite it having basically no merit, a spanner in the works to further confuse actual analysis.

##vote Sandwolf for deliberately misleading, undermining and misconstruing the case on SNG.

Likely sitting on this vote.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Yah retracing it you don’t bandwagon vote but I stick to the rest of it. Two new things I noticed, on reread.

1) The only exception is when pressure came in on DGK you actually went in to bat for them pretty solidly.

2) You and Scientastic are very much synchronised, that’s not odd?

These aren’t gotchas, just want them noted for my own reference later.

Gaspy was... wrong?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

hambeet posted:

Gaspy was... wrong?

Please tell me that you’re actually going to post something useful.

We’re edging closer and closer to “town beet would have done something by now” and I don’t want the magic to end.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Really? I'm genuinely curious as to what gives you that impression. There seems to be very little gained from a scum-scum interaction like that

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm in the very rare state.of being in/on the turps, AMA

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Oh poo poo Turps Hal may be enough to get me to crack a burr

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm in the very rare state.of being in/on the turps, AMA

Hal this isn’t a question but I just want you to know in mafia games you always have the energy of a guy at a family dinner table with a newspaper infront of his face chiming in every now and again with an observation but otherwise utterly and happily focused elsewhere.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

You’ve been avoiding talking about SNG all day to talk about Toalpaz or whatever, it’s not scummy until SNG flips scum

I'd have said fair enough to this on D1, I didn't take SNG serious at all till he ended up one of the main lunch candidates, but that's kind of bullshit today. And what does "it's not scummy until SNG flips scum" even mean, are you trying to act like I'm only suspicious of Toal cause I think they're scum with SNG? Did you just sleep through the end of D1?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asphyxious posted:

Hal this isn’t a question but I just want you to know in mafia games you always have the energy of a guy at a family dinner table with a newspaper infront of his face chiming in every now and again with an observation but otherwise utterly and happily focused elsewhere.

That's very fair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

Really? I'm genuinely curious as to what gives you that impression. There seems to be very little gained from a scum-scum interaction like that

I guess gridlocked feels the same way as Hawke. I dunno though it seemed like it got a bit personal (not necessarily in a mean way) that I don't think a fake interaction would