Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

he's such a weird Triple H vanity project

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Fully expected this takeover to be maybe the worst one yet but it’s actually been quite good with a nice variety of matches.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

I know I shouldn't but I really like the set.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

sportsgenius86 posted:

Fully expected this takeover to be maybe the worst one yet but it’s actually been quite good with a nice variety of matches.

The last one was the worst one ever.

:smith:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

YourHumbleMessiah posted:

I know I shouldn't but I really like the set.

post a picture

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

The last one was the worst one ever.

:smith:

Agree, just really bland

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Why was a hot tub there?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jubs posted:

Why was a hot tub there?

WWE was concerned they hadn't done anything too recklessly dangerous re: COVID recently.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Is it me or does Keith Lee seem weirdly flat tonight?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

CarlCX posted:

Literally or figuratively

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

CarlCX posted:

I love Keith Lee but he's one of those wrestlers I feel definitely works much better with a live crowd (a real crowd, not Performance Center hostages).

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Eat My Fuc posted:

Literally or figuratively

There ain't a diet or workout plan in the world.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Jerusalem posted:

I love Keith Lee but he's one of those wrestlers I feel definitely works much better with a live crowd (a real crowd, not Performance Center hostages).

something about him just makes people come unglued and it sucks that his ascendancy coincided with covid

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

i’m not sold enough on Kross to get into the match unfortunately. His entrance is silly and he’s just a guy

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

That's definitely part of it but he also looks kind of winded and off-balance, like he took that DDT bump more like he was collapsing than bumping.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Eat My Fuc posted:

i’m not sold enough on Kross to get into the match unfortunately. His entrance is silly and he’s just a guy

his whole schtick is so unfocused

He's a big stalking power guy except he's also a hardcore martial arts guy except he's also a goth occult guy

edit: that might be my first double post in the entire goddamn time I've been here, it is tragic NXT is reduced to this

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

something about him just makes people come unglued and it sucks that his ascendancy coincided with covid

Same with Drew McIntyre. I think live crowds would have eaten up his title reign, but instead he was stuck with exhausted hostages being told exactly how to react and when.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Eat My Fuc posted:

But is wife / GF / manager is really pretty.

Soon she will be cuckolding him on the main roster.

E; IN FRONT OF 10's OF DIGITAL FANS IN THE THUNDERDOME

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Just watched the UpUpDownDown championship belt thingo on Youtube.

And the fact that WWE can't find a higher spot on the card for someone as entertaining and charismatic as Tyler Breeze is a damning indictment on how poopy they are.

Also, does I had a cursory look for Left Right Left Right T-Shirts and couldnt find anything. Does anyone know where/if I can buy them?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I do love a good arm drop spot though :)

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

of COURSE they did.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

lol, i don't even know who this bald dude is

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Why would they book Keith Lee to lose?

Unless he's getting called up this week. That makes no sense.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

fall and fart

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh.

Okay.

vivazomo
Nov 4, 2010
Fun Fact: Both guys in the NXT title match are older than Jon Moxley.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

NXT Takeover XXX 8/22:
  • Detailed Results here.
  • On the pre-show, Breezango defeated Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch and Legado del Fantasma to become Number One Contenders to the tag team titles.
  • Finn Balor defeated Timothy Thatcher in a singles match.
  • Damian Priest defeated Bronson Reed, Cameron Grimes, Johnny Gargano and Velveteen Dream in a Ladder Match to win the vacant NXT North American Championship. Candice LeRae interfered to try and help Johnny Gargano to no avail.
  • Adam Cole defeated Pat McAfee in a singles match. McAfee was apparently extremely impressive considering it was his first match.
  • Io Shirai (C) defeated Dakota Kai to retain her NXT Women's Championship, despite interference by Raquel Gonzalez.
  • Postmatch, Gonzalez attacked Io Shirai, but was confronted by Rhea Ripley and backed down.
  • NXT UK returns on September 17th. Tommaso Ciampa returns on Wednesday.
  • Karrion Kross defeated Keith Lee (C) to become the new NXT Champion.
  • The 30th Takeover - once a universally beloved event - didn't even get its own thread. Show discussion starts here.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Aug 23, 2020

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

Why would they book Keith Lee to lose?

Unless he's getting called up this week. That makes no sense.

Because Karrion Kross is

CarlCX posted:

a weird Triple H vanity project

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
that was less a bad match and more of a baffling one. what the gently caress is kross's gimmick? is he satan? was his satan power somehow convincing lee to set up for a rope move that he could effortlessly be countered out of? that match made no loving sense

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I feel the same way about Drew. I think in front of a live audience Drew would be getting a really good reaction. He's been one of the best faces the WWE has had in years.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Only one successful defense for Keith.

Io being upstaged immediately after winning.

On par for WWENXT

Power Windows fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Aug 23, 2020

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

45 days was the length of Keith Lee's reign. And now he looks like an idiot for giving up the NA belt too.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Davros1 posted:

And now he looks like an idiot for giving up the NA belt too.

I hadn't even thought about that. Seriously, he looks like a chump.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

This sounds like the worst payoff to a double-title reign this year.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

They should have had Lee/Kross open the show so a titleless Keith Lee could stand staring forlornly at the ladder match for the vacant NA Title.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I would not be at all surprised if Keith Lee is called up.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

sportsgenius86 posted:

I would not be at all surprised if Keith Lee is called up.

This is one of the biggest weaknesses in the NXT->WWE pipeline right now, Keith Lee was white-hot earlier this year and they did the right thing and put a rocket on him, and then they gradually took his cool stuff away, and then they had him look like a doof on the south side of a completely random feud, and now he's just gotten his rear end completely kicked and looks like a loser, and now that 100% of his momentum is gone, this is the most pragmatic point atwhich he can be called up to the main roster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

CarlCX posted:

This is one of the biggest weaknesses in the NXT->WWE pipeline right now, Keith Lee was white-hot earlier this year and they did the right thing and put a rocket on him, and then they gradually took his cool stuff away, and then they had him look like a doof on the south side of a completely random feud, and now he's just gotten his rear end completely kicked and looks like a loser, and now that 100% of his momentum is gone, this is the most pragmatic point atwhich he can be called up to the main roster.