Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g59rUQbVlIw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knight2m
Jul 26, 2002

Touchdown Steelers

I like it.

Matt Reeves was asked what movies influenced him for this and he referenced Chinatown, which I will now have to go check out.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I'm shocked Val Kilmer and "surprise guests" didn't show up today since they were previously announced. I'm guess that's going to happen in September.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
Did he kill that poo poo-talking goon or just really, really beat him up?

Abner Assington fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Aug 23, 2020

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

he was, uh, pretty rough on that guy's skull there

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Rubber fists. Honest.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Man they jus' keep making these Batman films darker and darker huh.

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
Just dawned on me they used a Nirvana song because The Batman takes place in the 90's. So perfect.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Abner Assington posted:

Did he kill that poo poo-talking goon or just really, really beat him up?

Probably the latter unless they specify the former.

You know, the usual Batman strategy of "do crippling spine damage but do not kill."

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
I remember listening to some podcasts Reeves was on when he first got The Batman gig and he mentioned how he wanted to bring it back to a noir inspired vision in the vein of Detective Comics and I'm at least glad he's stuck with that it seems

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Man, he beat the poo poo out of Doug Walker

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Looks insanely loving good.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
cool trailer, what batman is this? or is a new timeline?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Zeta Acosta posted:

cool trailer, what batman is this? or is a new timeline?

Whole new universe, as is the spin-off TV show it's getting.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Jose Oquendo posted:

Whole new universe, as is the spin-off TV show it's getting.

Warner bros. gave up the ghost on having a cohort DC universe huh.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

admataY posted:

Just dawned on me they used a Nirvana song because The Batman takes place in the 90's. So perfect.
I don’t think so, the car that crashes through the building is a modern Lincoln.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Pixeltendo posted:

I'll give it a fair shake because it appears to have some good talent behind it, and premise sounds like something up my alley, but yeah.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Pixeltendo posted:

When you make a "lonesome man with mental issues" movie in the style of a 70s movie about a killer clown and it makes a billion who needs an interconnected universe

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I mean, they still have the standard shared universe they started in Man of Steel, they're just not worried about doing films outside of that continuity like Joker or The Batman. Pretty good call imo

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Pixeltendo posted:

If the rumors about Batfleck (and Keaton) being in the Flash movie are true (assuming it ever gets made) and given the Snyder cut of JL getting some serious PR it seems like they're gonna walk backwards into a Flashpoint/Crisis thing that loops it all together, gives them enough material to maybe do 1-2 movies, and clean the slate to set some a new cinematic universe going forward.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I'm glad its also not a origin story because they've already done that twice now.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Pixeltendo posted:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Technically, DC has a "multiverse" now, whatever you take that to mean.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Movie Flash has already shown up in The Flash CW TV Series.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Mat Cauthon posted:

If the rumors about Batfleck (and Keaton) being in the Flash movie are true (assuming it ever gets made) and given the Snyder cut of JL getting some serious PR it seems like they're gonna walk backwards into a Flashpoint/Crisis thing that loops it all together, gives them enough material to maybe do 1-2 movies, and clean the slate to set some a new cinematic universe going forward.

Sounds pretty funny DC movies would have the same problems DC comics had where they had to clean up shop with the crisis saga.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

admataY posted:

One of the thugs was filming Batman on a phone.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Clearly they used Nirvana because this Batman was born in the 90s

This might actually be the truth if it’s modern day and he’s just starting out. According to Reeves, this Penguin hasn’t officially adopted the nickname and it’s something other people are calling him that he hates; Selina also hasn’t started calling herself Catwoman but the way he made it sound she’s adopted the persona by the end, so it all sounds like it’s basically a Year One analog, which explains the things like the muscle car that was in the Aronofsky/Miller script from between B&R and Batman Begins.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The Cameo posted:

According to Reeves, this Penguin hasn’t officially adopted the nickname and it’s something other people are calling him that he hates;

Heh. That was same thing they did on Gotham

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

The Cameo posted:

Clearly they used Nirvana because this Batman was born in the 90s

This might actually be the truth if it’s modern day and he’s just starting out. According to Reeves, this Penguin hasn’t officially adopted the nickname and it’s something other people are calling him that he hates; Selina also hasn’t started calling herself Catwoman but the way he made it sound she’s adopted the persona by the end, so it all sounds like it’s basically a Year One analog, which explains the things like the muscle car that was in the Aronofsky/Miller script from between B&R and Batman Begins.

The one article I read said that the tie-in HBO Max show will be Year One, with the movie being Year Two.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Klungar posted:

The one article I read said that the tie-in HBO Max show will be Year One, with the movie being Year Two.

Reeve's specifically said this as well.

And I didn't realize it was on HBO Max. I'll have some faith in it.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I wonder how much Batman will show up in the tie in show.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Was not expecting Mongal to be in the new suicide squad movie.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/p_dawg_/status/1297269697348599809?s=21

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Spacebump posted:

I wonder how much Batman will show up in the tie in show.

Very little I would imagine and unless it's in Pattinson's contract, I'd say a zero percent chance it would be him in the costume.

edit: But if the show is angled as a prestige drama, who knows.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Aug 23, 2020

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Shneak posted:

One of the thugs was filming Batman on a phone.
I also think the guy at the funeral was holding a phone in his hand, and there were widescreen flat monitors. I remember reading the "set in the 90s thing" a while back but never saw it again. So Joaquin Phoenix Joker tie in hopes are totally out.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

That's really good!

He looks better in the other shot he's in but the memes that one shot has spawned are pretty amazing.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Snyder cut trailer is probably the best example of the phrase “trying to polish a turd” I’ve ever seen.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I've never been sold on the whole working the omega symbol into his physiology thing but lol at that awesome post.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Pixeltendo posted:

The coherent marvel universe and either isn't coherent or cripples itself trying to be. It's a good thing to drop the idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/PaulCPace/status/1297306997566603267

Just a few comparisons from Snyder's cut and the theatrical release.