Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
What are the best general use force techs for leveling? I don't really have the money to just buy everything just to try them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Gizonde is good for pretty much everything. Ilgrants is stronger single target damage, but Gizonde still kills things single target and AoE while leveling pretty easily.

Ilzonde for travel. You can get it super easily by doing Abandoned Mines on Normal difficulty with Force main class and Big Varder at the end will almost always drop 1 or 2 mid level Ilzonde discs. Safoie Type-0 is better for travel if you don't have the lightning PP reduction.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I think on one of my corn alts I have:

Gizonde, shifta, deband, resta, ilzonde, foie, megid, ilbarta, ilgrants, compounds.

You could probably get away with just gizonde, s/d, resta, ilzonde, ilgrants for a very long time. Definitely get the compounds though, either from the photon sphere shop or ultimate quests order from klaris at 70.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
If I'm going to purchase order a technique which one should I get custom crafted to +3 gizonde supercharged?

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Hyper Inferno posted:

Gizonde is good for pretty much everything. Ilgrants is stronger single target damage, but Gizonde still kills things single target and AoE while leveling pretty easily.

Ilzonde for travel. You can get it super easily by doing Abandoned Mines on Normal difficulty with Force main class and Big Varder at the end will almost always drop 1 or 2 mid level Ilzonde discs. Safoie Type-0 is better for travel if you don't have the lightning PP reduction.

Underground shaft is big varder?

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Yes sorry, I always get those two mixed up. Low level Big Varder has Ilzonde as a pretty common drop.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Supreme?

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
NA server. Almost lvl 80 on my Hunter and looking for a end game swords. I got the one from the collection sheet but is there a better one to be farming for before trying to get affixes set?

Also any way to reduce some of the screen spam like the emergency pop ups or do I just live with not being able to see often?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Ultimate Quest and by extension the player shop has the current endgame weapons in the form of Nemesis/Slave if you're going all in. Quite pricey and luck dependent if you're going for specific elements (light), though.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

TheJadedOne posted:

NA server. Almost lvl 80 on my Hunter and looking for a end game swords. I got the one from the collection sheet but is there a better one to be farming for before trying to get affixes set?

Also any way to reduce some of the screen spam like the emergency pop ups or do I just live with not being able to see often?

Farming one of the three ultimate quests for a Nemesis (Naverius/Amduskia) or Slave (Lilipa/Amduskia) weapon is generally the go to currently for endgame gear. In a month or so the 14* sword Akatsuki will probably be released, but for now just worry about getting a nemesis or a slave.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
I didn't think I would, but I really enjoy this silly dance party concert.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

TheJadedOne posted:

Can buy a Gix for a few million, look for one with whatever element you prefer (probably Light) and decent affixes. As others have said what you'd really like to have is a Nemesis or Slave weapon but they cost a lot in the shops so unless you get lucky on a drop or are up for using a week or twos money on one weapon it's not happening.

Queadlunn
Dec 10, 2005

Yak Deculture!
Fallen Rib

Don't know if anyone else in the thread does stuff like this, I'm gonna make a rare item box with electronics to play 'Rare Drop Koi Koi' for my spouse. Made a 3d-printable shell for it: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4576282

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Queadlunn posted:

Don't know if anyone else in the thread does stuff like this, I'm gonna make a rare item box with electronics to play 'Rare Drop Koi Koi' for my spouse. Made a 3d-printable shell for it: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4576282

Ha, that's pretty sweet.

Unrelated: I can't believe the PSO2 anime is canon now.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Hypocrisy posted:

Unrelated: I can't believe the PSO2 anime is canon now.

It was more that the PSO2 anime was deliberately misleading at first for a sudden swerve.

Queadlunn
Dec 10, 2005

Yak Deculture!
Fallen Rib

Gearhead posted:

It was more that the PSO2 anime was deliberately misleading at first for a sudden swerve.

I still can't get over how out of sync that series was compared to Ep 4, like the writers didn't talk to each other besides "What if PSO2 was in the GAME/ANIME and real!". The anime could have at least had Esca / Aether / Mother or SOMETHING to tie it in more.

Also, the damned Sonic emblem-shapes school grounds really bugged me for some reason...

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Queadlunn posted:

I still can't get over how out of sync that series was compared to Ep 4, like the writers didn't talk to each other besides "What if PSO2 was in the GAME/ANIME and real!". The anime could have at least had Esca / Aether / Mother or SOMETHING to tie it in more.

Also, the damned Sonic emblem-shapes school grounds really bugged me for some reason...

Haven't all of the PSO animes been pretty awful?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Evil Fluffy posted:

Episode Oracle is really good and helps explain the plot of Ep 1-3 (minus the side areas that they cut out).

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Evil Fluffy posted:

There's only two so it's pretty 50/50

Unless you count PuSoNiComi which is good

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Rynoto posted:

Ultimate Quest and by extension the player shop has the current endgame weapons in the form of Nemesis/Slave if you're going all in. Quite pricey and luck dependent if you're going for specific elements (light), though.

Can't you buy an Elemental Transition for pocket change? I've never done it, but I was told they just transmute the element, and you can apply them even when the weapon is at maximum level.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Light changers haven't been in the AC scratch for a while iirc

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Light is up to 7+ mil on ship 1 at least, nearly double what it was two weeks ago.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Yeah they're creeping towards 10m on S2

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Queadlunn posted:

It’s weird how the first anime series is a prequel to episode 4 but spends like no time setting up things that happen in episode 4, and the things that do happen in the series basically don’t matter in the game.

Like Hitsugi/Kohri appear but don’t do anything and could just be replaced with nameless characters, Darkers/Falspawn invade Earth from the Oracle universe in the series but this doesn’t come up at all in PSO2 (outside of being an excuse why Matoi is absent for the first part of episode 4), and the most prominent ARKs character in the series (Aika) barely appears in the game when she could have taken the role of Afin/Matoi and been your character’s partner for the episode.

As it is, all the anime really does is set up a joke boss in episode 5 and a scene in episode 6 (that admittedly I’m a sucker for and I loved when they start playing the main theme from the series).

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

I always assumed that the first pso2 anime when it came out was just some marketing gimmick by being about people playing the game so I never gave it another thought. Imagine my surprise when Ep4 releases and I see a character pull up the menu and log out in the middle of a cutscene. I should get around to watching it.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I mean you really don't have to, it isn't very good and is only relevant to the game's story in relatively minor ways

Queadlunn
Dec 10, 2005

Yak Deculture!
Fallen Rib

Azzanadra posted:

I always assumed that the first pso2 anime when it came out was just some marketing gimmick by being about people playing the game so I never gave it another thought. Imagine my surprise when Ep4 releases and I see a character pull up the menu and log out in the middle of a cutscene. I should get around to watching it.

Just watch the outro, it's the best thing to come out of it.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Actually I just remembered the ending of the Omega Falz Apprentice fight so actually the PSO2 anime is required viewing to get the full experiance

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Silva had a good design at least

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

The first PSO2 anime sucked balls but the parts where it was just the group of normal players doing chill PSO stuff were fun enough I guess. It’s one of the most blatant advertisement anime I’ve ever seen though.

I never finished Episode Oracle (I’ll get to it one of these days) but it was a decent way to get the overall story of episodes 1-3, and handled a few plot points better than the game.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

The first PSO2 anime sucked balls but the parts where it was just the group of normal players doing chill PSO stuff were fun enough I guess. It’s one of the most blatant advertisement anime I’ve ever seen though.

I never finished Episode Oracle (I’ll get to it one of these days) but it was a decent way to get the overall story of episodes 1-3, and handled a few plot points better than the game.

Even though I miss some of the things it cut out (i.e. Harukotan) it definitely does a better job of explaining what the protagonist's deal is than the game does.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

lol what the gently caress is going on with the fresh finds shop

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Forever broke until next maint.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Fingers crossed they're just making it all tradeable, It's been long enough now that I'm pretty sure it's not just another case of accidentally having stuff be sellable. Or maybe they're setting up a more surefire way of making sure it works as intended since they keep failing to catch the same mistake every other week.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

THE loving MOON posted:

Fingers crossed they're just making it all tradeable,

lol

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
It's good to have dreams I suppose considering they probably make hand over fist on fresh finds when it's functional.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Stanos posted:

It's good to have dreams I suppose considering they probably make hand over fist on fresh finds when it's functional.

Yeah probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
... I kinda wish I had 7.5k+ in disposable income to throw at a video game.