Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Zvahl posted:

this is really one of the deepest and most damning things about this--these are the same bigots people were rightly condemning years ago, and because they're unwilling to consider the possibility that democrat = bad, they have to twist it into a story of redemption so that anybody who did anything in the past is fine as long as they say donald trump is bad now

not even rthat second one, you have to say donald trump bad and joe biden good and therefore you have to say john kasich good, colin powell good, any amount of twisting just to justify anything democrat has to be good by default, and they're willing to allow anything as long as it's obedient

that i ever voted for these pieces of poo poo makes me sad

I really hope that somebody records all of these "Trump is the single greatest threat to humanity since that time Hitler was given a Gundam" posts so that in 10+ years when he's being redeemed by the Liberal Succ Machine, we can at least comfort ourselves with knowing that we saw this poo poo coming from a mile away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

the_steve posted:

I really hope that somebody records all of these "Trump is the single greatest threat to humanity since that time Hitler was given a Gundam" posts so that in 10+ years when he's being redeemed by the Liberal Succ Machine, we can at least comfort ourselves with knowing that we saw this poo poo coming from a mile away.

ah yes truly the most comforting thing of the past n years

the truth

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kanye thread lol

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Zvahl posted:

ah yes truly the most comforting thing of the past n years

the truth

i mean it's either that or drown myself in the bath

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar
maybe we'll get lucky and the super volcano will blow

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Taintrunner posted:

Kanye thread lol

Oh god it's so good to have some bluemagas that I don't have to go to D&D to ridicule

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

alarumklok posted:

welcome, new Maoists. Find your name badge. Your Little Red Book and backyard furnace are on the table over there

And for the anarchists we’re setting up a mutual aid network out in the woods away from these jokers, just shout Makhno quotes or Dead Kennedy lyrics and we’ll find you.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Byzantine posted:

neoliberalism: literally worse than an asteroid impact

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jewel Repetition posted:

Oh god it's so good to have some bluemagas that I don't have to go to D&D to ridicule

Indistinguishable from liberal bluecheck Twitter lmao

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
This election will separate the wheat from the chaff. Keep an eye on those who side with Joe this election. Those are the people who will be ratting you out in a decade to the Cotton-men for extreme beliefs.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Tom Cotton must never be allowed to amass an army

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ANOTHER YESJOE REJECTED

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

apropos to nothing posted:

biden making the case that trump is the better candidate to vote for if you want to defund the police
https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/biden-abcs-robin-roberts-dont-defund-police-trump/story?id=72524405

Man, biden is actually making a pretty convincing case for trump there.

steelninja
Sep 26, 2015
I don't vote for racists or rapists! NOJOE!

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUnMxS-ps9Q

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/briebriejoy/status/1297316192655421441?s=19

I think she just stole our title joke

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

I become more and more convinced every day that the top leadership of Bernie's campaign and possibly Bernie himself did not intend to win. Just imagine sitting there and doing nothing after Obama, Warren, Pete, and Amy collaborated to sabotage your campaign.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Reveal yourself

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

KaptainKrunk posted:

I become more and more convinced every day that the top leadership of Bernie's campaign and possibly Bernie himself did not intend to win. Just imagine sitting there and doing nothing after Obama, Warren, Pete, and Amy collaborated to sabotage your campaign.

there was an "or else" involved, count on it

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

there was an "or else" involved, count on it

I've said it before, he's doing his own form of harm reduction.

If he called out the bullshit without having an armory's worth of smoking guns (who am I kidding? Even if he did have those...), The Dems would use that as a cudgel against every other progressive like they were playing goddamn whack-a-mole.

I mean, they're going to do that anyways because they want the progressives gone, but, I think he's still trying to do what he can to mitigate any fuckery aimed their direction

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i mean, they're gonna kill off their party with that kind of bullshit because 'reasonable, moderate republicans' do not exist-- why would bush-style republicans jump ship when they're winning elections?

i'm not saying it's a bad thing. it's the least the party deserves.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

i mean, they're gonna kill off their party with that kind of bullshit because 'reasonable, moderate republicans' do not exist-- why would bush-style republicans jump ship when they're winning elections?

Because Democrats and Republicans are on the same team.
Republicans drag everything to the right as hard as they can and then the Democrats put up some token #resistance while normalizing the poo poo the Republicans just did and setting the stage for the Republicans to do it all over again.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

if I posted about what the party truly deserves, I'd have to be pretty generous with my use of the term "in Minecraft"

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Code Jockey posted:

if I posted about what the party truly deserves, I'd have to be pretty generous with my use of the term "in Minecraft"

it'd be like a lovely SCP entry where every 7th word is redacted

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

KaptainKrunk posted:

I think he wanted to win but he wasn't willing to destroy, or even threaten to destroy, the Dem party to do it.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

tangy yet delightful posted:

I think he wanted to win but he wasn't willing to destroy, or even threaten to destroy, the Dem party to do it.

It wouldn't have been the party apparatus that would be in danger.
They proved they're ready willing and eager to use people as shields when they told everyone to go out and vote in a pandemic.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

the_steve posted:

It wouldn't have been the party apparatus that would be in danger.
They proved they're ready willing and eager to use people as shields when they told everyone to go out and vote in a pandemic.

I'm thinking more so before the pandemic where he refused to call out the establishment candidates as people who would lose to Trump (which they certainly would have pre black swan event).

Like why not destroy Biden in the debates and in ads and why apologize for your surrogates calling him out? Because in the end Bernie was afraid to lose even if he weakened the opposition which "could" help Trump win and he didn't have the fortitude to burn it down to more likely achieve his own victory.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

I'm thinking more so before the pandemic where he refused to call out the establishment candidates as people who would lose to Trump (which they certainly would have pre black swan event).

Like why not destroy Biden in the debates and in ads and why apologize for your surrogates calling him out? Because in the end Bernie was afraid to lose even if he weakened the opposition which "could" help Trump win and he didn't have the fortitude to burn it down to more likely achieve his own victory.

People already were pushing the idea that Bernie was a horrible foul tempered sexist racist who cultivated toxic online supporters that would harass those who said bad things about him. I think he wanted to avoid giving them more ammunition - but it's not like they would stop using that narrative anyway.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

It's partly a case of hindsight being 2020, I think.
He wanted to focus on the issues. The instant he went negative, that would be all anyone would talk about, and his actual positions on things would be drowned out in "Bernie goes low!!" headlines.

And then yeah, whatever personal reasons he had that were holding him back. I'm not ignoring those, and the fact that he never did swing back is something that disappointed me, but to a certain extent, I get it.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

The poison-pill for the establishment (not that they care, for now) is that Bernie largely won the battle of ideas and yet they aren't going to move a loving inch in his direction because they are short-sighted morons.

Biden is hosed because MSNBC and CNN won't do for him what they did for Obama or what Fox does for Trump. They won't defend or excuse him, which will cause abandonment but all but the most "b-but, remember Trump??" people. The Dems have already lost the youth, are in the process of losing hispanics. The GOP, even if it loses overall size, is going to increase in commitment, motivation, and turnout at the same time that large segments of the Democrat coalition fall away and their new "base" (white suburban voters) abandons them.

Bernie was also probably hosed from jump because MSNBC and CNN successfully whipped the conservative base at the same levels or probably more than Bernie's actual organization was doing for his base. The fact that it took an unprecedented intervention from Obama to get the people who came in 2nd and 3rd to drop out is really telling just what shaky foundations the establishments rests.

KaptainKrunk has issued a correction as of 06:57 on Aug 23, 2020

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Heliotrope posted:

People already were pushing the idea that Bernie was a horrible foul tempered sexist racist who cultivated toxic online supporters that would harass those who said bad things about him. I think he wanted to avoid giving them more ammunition - but it's not like they would stop using that narrative anyway.

the_steve posted:

It's partly a case of hindsight being 2020, I think.
He wanted to focus on the issues. The instant he went negative, that would be all anyone would talk about, and his actual positions on things would be drowned out in "Bernie goes low!!" headlines.

And then yeah, whatever personal reasons he had that were holding him back. I'm not ignoring those, and the fact that he never did swing back is something that disappointed me, but to a certain extent, I get it.

All very true - I'm mostly frustratedly posting about it really I guess. One line I remember Bernie saying or agreeing to was something like "yes Biden can beat Trump" anyway...

NO JOE

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv-FcLJUUkQ

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope
E: wrong thread

CheeseSpawn has issued a correction as of 08:01 on Aug 23, 2020

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

Have you read up on what Republican legislatures do in red states on the rare occasion a Democrat makes it into the governor's office? They pretty much tear the entire governmental apparatus of that state apart. It's often upheld by the courts.

Republicans at the federal level are no different. They will be limited in that they don't control the House, but you can do a lot with control of the Senate, the Presidency, and the courts. It will likely be close enough that invalidating the results of one or two blue states, will be enough to tip the scales.

I live in a red state with a democratic governor, comrade.

I think you and I are saying the same thing, that it's easy enough to fix elections in the here and now. We all know democrats have no interest in winning elections and the status quo of republicans winning elections generally and able to subvert pretty much any election whenever if it becomes necessary is preferable (from the perspective of those in power) to more overt ways of invalidating elections after the fact.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

I'm mostly frustratedly posting

aren't we all. :respek:

Oct 28, 2003

Taintrunner posted:

all the birds are going to die now thanks to neoliberalism.

gonna post this on twitter as my own post, sorry. also, gently caress joe biden

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it’s like a revolving door of YESJOEs in CSPAM as of late. soldiers, we must maintain discipline

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Taintrunner posted:

it’s like a revolving door of YESJOEs in CSPAM as of late. soldiers, we must maintain discipline

who the gently caress would vote for Joe Biden? lol

Oct 28, 2003

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

who the gently caress would vote for Joe Biden? lol

I can't imagine. I just can't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Imagine you were a person who thought women deserved to be raped by their bosses, rather than the owner of the organization they work for.