Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

jisforjosh posted:

My local church finally has Bitchin' Sauce, what's the best vehicle to scoop it up?

Your fingers. I like to dip mozzarella string cheese in it, or carrots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

jisforjosh posted:

My local church finally has Bitchin' Sauce, what's the best vehicle to scoop it up?

Costco portion sizes aren’t that large. It should fit inside of any-sized passenger vehicle.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ShowTime posted:

I think that's why they are so good. People like to say "well I just have water at home" but it's like a perfect flavor that can't really be replicated. The water is really clean and you get a slight taste of flavor, but nothing overpowering like many other flavored waters. Even if you were to make it at home, it would taste stronger. You'd have to do something like leave pineapple in empty bottles for a few days, drain them and then put really clean water into those bottles to even come close to replicating the taste.

I picked that Hint water up from a suggestion in here a while back and I don't like it. It's weird, the flavorings they add are great, but the water itself tastes like municipal city water out of my tap. I know water doesn't taste like much but you can absolutely tell the difference in types of water.

I've never had a bottled water that I didn't like the actual water before.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Five words: Super Premium Vanilla Ice Cream

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I picked that Hint water up from a suggestion in here a while back and I don't like it. It's weird, the flavorings they add are great, but the water itself tastes like municipal city water out of my tap. I know water doesn't taste like much but you can absolutely tell the difference in types of water.

Congrats on having decent tap water

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Pennywise the Frown posted:

We have good tap water here in the bay area and I tried it. I'll second the flavoring was v good, but I also didn't think it was anything special at all, especially not for the price. If i'm going through the effort of buying bottled water, then I'm doing like crystal geyser or kirkland plain sparkling water since the plain carbonation just makes stuff taste a lot more refreshing and you can crack open a warm bottle of plain sparkling water on a hot day and it'll still be very nice. and it isn't something you can do at home easily

I think it was about $12+tax for a 15-pack @ 16 oz each, almost $1 for every pint of water.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live
love hint water but hate la croix

what the heck's my deal

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Just lol that you are drinking your flavored water without alcohol in it.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

number 1 snake fan posted:

Congrats on having decent tap water

I can't complain to be honest. I'm about a mile from the 5th largest fresh water source in the world and it's actually pretty good. :shrug:

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

MarcusSA posted:

Just lol that you are drinking your flavored water without alcohol in it.

Just lol that you are watering down your alcohol.

caedwalla
Nov 1, 2007

the eye has it

jisforjosh posted:

A funnel so you can pour it directly down your hole with a minimum of fuss.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
Bitchin Sauce on a homemade bacon, egg, and cheese bagel sandwich was divine.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

jisforjosh posted:

Bitchin Sauce on a homemade bacon, egg, and cheese bagel sandwich was divine.

This guy knows how to make a breakfast sandwich

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

binge crotching posted:

This guy knows how to make a breakfast sandwich

Pan fried bagel in butter for sure

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

jisforjosh posted:

Pan fried bagel in butter for sure

Stop, I can only get so hard!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

binge crotching posted:

Stop, my arteries can only get so hard!

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Ultimate Mango posted:

Five words: Super Premium Vanilla Ice Cream

My kids love this stuff. Need to buy some more when I go back tomorrow and load up my new chest freezer.

It's so creamy. And now my 3yo asks if things are premium or not.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

I only work out so I can pig out

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Ravendas posted:

My kids love this stuff. Need to buy some more when I go back tomorrow and load up my new chest freezer.

It's so creamy. And now my 3yo asks if things are premium or not.

Not premium. SUPER PREMIUM. it’s like some kind of official ice cream grade

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Ultimate Mango posted:

Not premium. SUPER PREMIUM. it’s like some kind of official ice cream grade

All my ice cream is graded "near mint"

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Mine is graded on a curve.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
The super premium ice cream is indeed the best, especially when you pour some Kirkland oraganic peanut butter over it.

Got the food court toys for my dog on Saturday, and a Kirkland soft shell men's jacket for $19.99.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Four handles of Costco American Vodka, five ponds of sugar, and 50 lemons off my awesome lemon tree were combined today to make enough Limoncello to last the rest of the summer. Praise be, I didn’t even get communion since you can’t eat on premises.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

jisforjosh posted:

Pairing it with the 4505? Chicharones (Pork rinds) is great and Keto friendly too.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Dat jerky arrives today. I'm hype

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Freezer is allegedly arriving tomorrow. We shall see.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
The 'co is my shepherd; I shall not want.
It maketh me to walk by the electronics section: it leadeth me beside pallets of clothing.
It restoreth my refrigerator: it leadeth me on the path to ravioli lasagna for goons' sake.
Yea, though I walk through the aisles void of samples, I will fear no evil: for thine gold star membership card be with me; thine hot dogs and refillable sodas they comfort me.
Thou preparest a warehouse near me in the presence of thine big box competitors: thou anointest my receipt with highlighter; my shopping cart runneth over.
Surely bulk purchases and coupon mailers will follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell within a reasonable radius of a Costco location for ever.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost
:pray: Amen

silence_kit fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Aug 24, 2020

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Can anyone confirm whether the Kirkland super premium vanilla ice cream is just rebranded Humboldt premium vanilla ice cream? I got the premium Humboldt stuff at Costco in NJ a long time ago for just a few months, but then they took it away and I've always suspected the Kirkland super premium was that rebranded, but I couldn't be sure and I didn't want 2 giant tubs of it if it didn't happen to be that lovely Humboldt stuff.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I can’t 100% confirm it but I strongly suspect that to be the case

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
At my neighborhood 7-Eleven.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Anyone have any experience with the Lovesac that Costco sometimes has as a special event? It's back on until 9/13. I've been looking for a decent option for reading/lounging and they seem like a fun choice. I'm 6'4", do you think it will be comfortable for someone my height?

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

ShowTime posted:

Anyone have any experience with the Lovesac that Costco sometimes has as a special event? It's back on until 9/13. I've been looking for a decent option for reading/lounging and they seem like a fun choice. I'm 6'4", do you think it will be comfortable for someone my height?

I'm 6'3" and we actually have a couple of them. Bought a gigantic one back in like 2003 or something, and got a slightly smaller one when we bought our couch through them earlier this year.

The giga-sac isn't in their catalog anymore. It's got a corduroy cover and can seat two adults who are intimately familiar with one another, or like 5 small children. It gets warm fast, due to the corduroy and I think the memory foam absorbing heat. It's not good for sleeping, as you settle over the hours and you wake up with your hip bone on the floor and covered in sweat. For lounging around fiddling with a phone or reading a book, it's great.

The other one is a CitySac. It has a faux-fur cover and springier foam. It doesn't get too warm somehow. I like to not so much sit on it as kind of sprawl across it while playing sudoku or whatever. My daughter is 5'4" and regularly spends a couple hours in it reading or playing video games.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

fischtick posted:

I'm 6'3" and we actually have a couple of them. Bought a gigantic one back in like 2003 or something, and got a slightly smaller one when we bought our couch through them earlier this year.

The giga-sac isn't in their catalog anymore. It's got a corduroy cover and can seat two adults who are intimately familiar with one another, or like 5 small children. It gets warm fast, due to the corduroy and I think the memory foam absorbing heat. It's not good for sleeping, as you settle over the hours and you wake up with your hip bone on the floor and covered in sweat. For lounging around fiddling with a phone or reading a book, it's great.

The other one is a CitySac. It has a faux-fur cover and springier foam. It doesn't get too warm somehow. I like to not so much sit on it as kind of sprawl across it while playing sudoku or whatever. My daughter is 5'4" and regularly spends a couple hours in it reading or playing video games.

So the one you have is what they call "theBigOne" on their website? The LoveSac website lists sizes in some marketing bullshit which makes it hard to determine which one corresponds on the Costco website. It looks like Costco is selling the 3 smallest sizes, with the biggest one only available on their website. I was gonna buy the large, which is 5' wide and 3.1" high. The only one bigger than that is the one not available anywhere but their website, which is 6' wide instead.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Chinatown posted:

At my neighborhood 7-Eleven.

Id get the one on the bottom - that top one is bursting at the seams (and probably spoiled)

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

ShowTime posted:

So the one you have is what they call "theBigOne" on their website? The LoveSac website lists sizes in some marketing bullshit which makes it hard to determine which one corresponds on the Costco website. It looks like Costco is selling the 3 smallest sizes, with the biggest one only available on their website. I was gonna buy the large, which is 5' wide and 3.1" high. The only one bigger than that is the one not available anywhere but their website, which is 6' wide instead.

The cord one is TheBigOne or maybe bigger. Like I said, it’s ancient. We must have picked it up 2001-2003.

The new one we have with faux fur is the CitySac. It’s big without being obnoxiously big. It’s oddly pleasant to pet and even a big person can sprawl across it in comfort. You won’t be curling up in the fetal position like it’s a big furry nest or anything, but it’s perfectly functional as a chair.

One warning: you slowly go from “this is nice, I could stay here all day” to “this is nice, I can’t get up without assistance. I suppose this is my life now.” Exiting a LoveSac is an exercise in humility. Nobody does it with grace.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I got the bitchin chipolte sauce based on this thread's inability to stop talking about it. i also got the yakisoba stir-fry w the leftover chicken bits. the stir fry is pretty good

PokeJoe fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Aug 25, 2020

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
anyone try one of these? queso oxaca can vary pretty wildly in quality.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

fischtick posted:

The cord one is TheBigOne or maybe bigger. Like I said, it’s ancient. We must have picked it up 2001-2003.

The new one we have with faux fur is the CitySac. It’s big without being obnoxiously big. It’s oddly pleasant to pet and even a big person can sprawl across it in comfort. You won’t be curling up in the fetal position like it’s a big furry nest or anything, but it’s perfectly functional as a chair.

One warning: you slowly go from “this is nice, I could stay here all day” to “this is nice, I can’t get up without assistance. I suppose this is my life now.” Exiting a LoveSac is an exercise in humility. Nobody does it with grace.

Yea this is kind of my fear, so i'm gonna pass. I want a big rear end comfortable chair I can sink into, but I want to be able to get out of it and not get out of it 2 hours later with a sweaty back. I'm trying to find a perfect chair for reading and so far have had 0 luck. Was hoping the LoveSac would do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Chinatown posted:

anyone try one of these? queso oxaca can vary pretty wildly in quality.

If I had seen that I would have tried it, proper queso is usually amazing.