Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

Smorgasbord posted:

I think he's being milked by some "cybercrime experts" happily playing into whatever paranoid conspiracies he's telling them. "Mr Seibold it turns out you were right, all along it's that dastardly Wayne Bennett and that no good Darius Boyd we just need another $20,000 to hack into the mainframe"

Now I'm disappointed that I didn't think of doing that first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Wondering how bad the broncos will be tonight.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

BlindSite posted:

good for 20 minutes
terrible for 20 minutes

then half time.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Abalone Malone posted:

good for 20 minutes
terrible for 20 minutes

then half time.

Im predicting dufty and Norman to go huge. Norman is shithouse unless he's skiing down hill and then he becomes a God.

Broncos will look ok for 60 mins and then they'll have a rediculous defensive laps and the flood gates will open.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BlindSite posted:

very bad

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Change me to a raiders fan in the op plz. I quit.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A bottle of tempranillo and abour 4 makers marks cant make this go down any easier.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

BlindSite posted:

Change me to a raiders fan in the op plz. I quit.

Done

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
There's always room at the Cowboys if you want a less predictable, more exciting sort of hosed up disappointment.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Tigers gunna Tiger

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Abalone Malone posted:

Tigers gunna Tiger

Yeah we need a suicide clean up crew in the Discord channel.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Hmmmm that plan to not drink so much this weekend is gone

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.
Didn't wake up early enough to see this one, but looks like Latrell was amazing. Great for me because I can continue to pretend he's useless and fat. Might watch the replay later today though.

E: Oh wow, this game was over before it started. 26-0 only 20 minutes in. Great fun.

Nimmy fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Aug 22, 2020

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Nimmy posted:

Didn't wake up early enough to see this one, but looks like Latrell was amazing. Great for me because I can continue to pretend he's useless and fat. Might watch the replay later today though.

E: Oh wow, this game was over before it started. 26-0 only 20 minutes in. Great fun.

Yeah it was murder.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-investigates-pangai-jnr-third-party-deals-20200822-p55ocx.html

This is interesting. Pangai Jr and his totally not shady agent Isaac Moses signed a deal with the Broncos for $150k less than the Warriors were offering. Now the NRL Integrity Unit wants to find out more about third party payments that haven't been made.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo
That knights/cows game was loving dire. Both teams should be fined for bringing the game into disrepute.

The eight probably won't change from here, I don't think the knights, my Raiders or the Sharks can win it, but the other 5 might be in with a shot, depending on injuries etc.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

garycoleisgod posted:

That knights/cows game was loving dire. Both teams should be fined for bringing the game into disrepute.

The eight probably won't change from here, I don't think the knights, my Raiders or the Sharks can win it, but the other 5 might be in with a shot, depending on injuries etc.

The real contest is for 9th place.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Smorgasbord posted:

The real contest is for 9th place.

Even though Manly are in the running, I'll be disappointed if Tigers don't get their rightful 9th place.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

garycoleisgod posted:

I think it's fairly open as far as any one of the top 4 has a solid claim.

Season will always be Asterixed, but it will be legitimate.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Winning the championship in 2020 is arguably a harder prospect than any other year. Whoever wins earned it.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Fox reporting Siebold offered 1 million dollars to gtfo.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

MiniSune posted:

As hilarious as this is, wouldn't it be really loving dumb for Seibold to accept this offer? If they sack him they have to pay him out, and I'm guessing the three years he has left are worth more than $1m.

Franko
Apr 25, 2007

Jono C posted:

As hilarious as this is, wouldn't it be really loving dumb for Seibold to accept this offer? If they sack him they have to pay him out, and I'm guessing the three years he has left are worth more than $1m.

Depends on how much you value your mental health

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Franko posted:

Depends on how much you value your mental health

Anthony Seibold gives no fucks.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

MiniSune posted:

I'd tell the Broncos pay me out or keep employing me. He would be dumb as gently caress not to force them to pay the full 3 million

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Anybody dumb enough to accept the 1m would have be Seibold bad at decision-making

Wait

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
If I say Eels-Panthers grand final enough times, it will happen.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Burn Down Canberra posted:

I'd tell the Broncos pay me out or keep employing me. He would be dumb as gently caress not to force them to pay the full 3 million

I read it as 1 mill to go, on top of paying him out.
i could be wrong though

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

They've been really weird about performance clauses existing or not existing and other things over the last few months so who knows but it might just be heres 1 million to go away and we won't tie up everyone's lawyers for the next 5 years while we battle out 3 mill.

Im hearing atm that hes accepted and its just finalising the agreement as we speak but that could just be journos wanting to be first and throwing poo poo at the wall.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Abalone Malone posted:

i could be wrong though

That wouldn't make much sense though. If they sack him they'd have to pay him out in full, why would they pay him extra to quit? Although the club is run by garbage clowns so who fucken knows.

BlindSite posted:

They've been really weird about performance clauses existing or not existing and other things over the last few months so who knows but it might just be heres 1 million to go away and we won't tie up everyone's lawyers for the next 5 years while we battle out 3 mill.

Im hearing atm that hes accepted and its just finalising the agreement as we speak but that could just be journos wanting to be first and throwing poo poo at the wall.

Paul White was being real weird about it because he didn't want to admit to giving a rookie coach a multi-year multi-million dollar contract with no performance clauses whatsoever.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Abalone Malone posted:

i could be wrong though

I interpreted it as giving him $1m now to gently caress off now and nothing else. If that's over and above what he stand to earn from the contract he's a giant loving moron if he doesn't take it.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

I thought he was on 1 mill a year
he won't coach again, he might as well sit it out Darius style and collect bank
I think the 1 Mill, was a gently caress off now bonus

I can't see how Broncos don't end up paying him out for his contract regardless.

it's not the coaches fault that they signed up for 5 years, without KPI's built in.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

this was the fanfare when he was signed

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Wow. That didn't age well.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Abalone Malone posted:

this was the fanfare when he was signed

That's not from when he was signed iirc, it was when we were 1 and 5 in our worst start to a season in 20 years.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Seibold's finally gone.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
That’s the fourth coach this year?

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

so who inherits that mess next year?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Abalone Malone posted:

so who inherits that mess next year?

Guess they'll go crawling back to Walters (who comes across as incredibly dim to me) or maybe they'll go for Paul Green.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Smorgasbord posted:

Guess they'll go crawling back to Walters (who comes across as incredibly dim to me) or maybe they'll go for Paul Green.

they should make a play for Cleary and his son