Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Gridlocked posted:

I am not sure what the Toalpaz VS Bif thing is. Bif has been tunneling hard on Toalpaz bassed on gut feels and "Toal is ignoring me" which is really weird. Toal themself has provided a reasonable point for their vote today and hasn't really done much I see as scummy behaviour.

Bif's tunneling makes me feel like she either KNOWS something but isn't sharing or is hoping to fly under the radar as ignorable. Bif can you articulate further on your anti-Toal stance?

First bolding mine, cause the first thing to explain is that that first bit is bullshit.

I voted Toal and voiced my first suspicions of them D1 because they were ignoring the whole thread. When the end of day was coming I moved on only to have Toal suddenly pop up in force to say how scummy I was for moving my vote off them onto DKG (who Toal was also pushing at the time). It was those bad faith exchanges then that got me much more suspicious of Toal, for more concrete reasons now than just "Toal's laying low".

As for today, I suppose it isn't unreasonable to not read Toal's "what're the odds me and Sci could be scum" as scummy, it should probably be ignored as obvious shitposting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Add Amnistar to the Rarity pile of people who came out strong and now are coasting. I get it Amni you don't believe SNG (I don't think I do either) but the half-hearted efforts on Rarity and Sci today are not great and aren't developed or explained well at all. Maybe Rarity a bit but the sci suspicion seems throwaway and Amni is happy to coast on the popular SNG read today so far with no new insight

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Please tell me that you’re actually going to post something useful.

We’re edging closer and closer to “town beet would have done something by now” and I don’t want the magic to end.

Eh I’ve been busy today.

Umm why do you think I should be worried about what you think of me?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Gridlocked feels more like honestly asking me to elaborate at least, but I am not liking this Sandwolf bit:

Sandwolf posted:

You’ve been avoiding talking about SNG all day to talk about Toalpaz or whatever, it’s not scummy until SNG flips scum

Bolding mine, it's like if SNG really does flip town, it's trying to discredit the Toal case by making it sound like all I had on Toal was "Toal and SNG must be scumbros"

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

If SNG flips scum it’s scummy that you’ve been avoiding it. If SNG flips town it’s less scummy that you’ve been avoiding it. Why are you acting like this is some super slam dunk? I felt like my meaning was fairly straightforward there, I’m not saying poo poo about you and Toalpaz, other than I don’t get what either of you are on about towards the other.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

You’ve been avoiding talking about SNG all day to talk about Toalpaz or whatever, it’s not scummy until SNG flips scum

Sandwolf posted:

I’m not saying poo poo about you and Toalpaz

Ok thank you for your clarity in this game of communication known as Mafia

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Mmmm slicing out 75% of the post you quoted to make it vaguely fit with your point about about an earlier post is not compelling nor a good look biffy

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Bifauxnen posted:

the post seemed pretty clear to me

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I have a bit of a hangover, but I’ve struggled through the new posts. Still don’t think SNG is scum, Asphyxious still looks terrible to me, and I would vote Toalpaz.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Mmmm slicing out 75% of the post you quoted to make it vaguely fit with your point about about an earlier post is not compelling nor a good look biffy

I don't "make poo poo fit" into anything except my attention span for how much I'm willing to scroll through on a mobile screen Hal

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Also would vote Sandwolf

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I saw someone saying that jailer is a scum role and therefore even taken at face value, SNG’s claim was bad, can’t remember who that was right now, that was a pretty scummy post

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I take that back, it was Rarity, but she was answering a question from SNG

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Despite ostensibly thinking that SNG is scum, Asphyxious has been chucking his vote around a fair bit on what I recall as fairly shallow reasoning

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Scientastic posted:

Despite ostensibly thinking that SNG is scum, Asphyxious has been chucking his vote around a fair bit on what I recall as fairly shallow reasoning

These are the gaspy votes today, in order:

Asphyxious posted:

How would he corroborate.

Why would you assume he would notice.

That only makes sense if in jailing him you thought both

- that he was town
- that he had a power role

IN WHICH CASE

WHY would you jail him?

##vote sandnavyguy

Asphyxious posted:

Agreed, that’s way too many words caged around SNG being town but trying to push that we should vote for him anyway.

Which implies Toal doesn’t actually have any scum reads.

##vote Toalpaz

Leaving this here for now.

Asphyxious posted:

This post pinged me hard got a variety of reasons, we have full blown maxim violation in here and it lines up with what’s happened earlier.

Here’s the thing: SNG has never generally claimed scum are on the vote at this point. He has explicitly cased two of the votes on him, tpink and Amnistar, neither of these cases hinges on their voting. But, Sandwolf has phrased this in a way to imply that SNG has only been vague with any of his claims.

There’s a lot that can be taken from this but here’s the bullet points

- Sandwolf has actively misrepresented SNG’s activity
- Sandwolf has set up a scenario where the vote leader has to draw from a smaller pool of votes
- if you reread SNG (which I just did, twice, it wasn’t fun) you’ll see his Tpink and amnistar cases have more effort put into them than most anything else flying around AND Sandwolf has consistently undermined and ignored his efforts

And,

- Sandwolf was the one who floated the JUGGERNAUT gently caress theory despite it having basically no merit, a spanner in the works to further confuse actual analysis.

##vote Sandwolf for deliberately misleading, undermining and misconstruing the case on SNG.

Likely sitting on this vote.

first vote isn't great IMO, second vote is kind of iffy but I can see where it comes from, third vote... makes sense, in a certain light? it feels like his votes are getting more nuanced as the day goes, which is a good sign IMO. the thing I don't like is how the last two end, with an unnecessary statement about the vote itself - it feels a little fake to me

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Scientastic posted:

I’m drifting further and further from SNG being scum, honestly.

Also you recall incorrectly, my reasoning fuckin RULES.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Also “hmm Gaspy votes are bad”

Scientastic posted:

Also would vote Sandwolf

If you’re going to ride my glorious coattails try to be less craven about it.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
Rarity/amni/toal scumteam imo

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

swap in sci/gaspy if needed

congrats I solved the game, let’s go

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

tommu post pics of your chungus dog

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
He successfully bullied a corgie at the beach and now his dumb dingo brain has decided its time to nap

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I’m slowly rereading everyone’s posts and, hopefully this doesn’t get quoted at me hilariously after the game, I’m pretty sure both Bif and Beet are town. Which is aces. I’ve got a bit of time this game so I’m busting out some of my analysis criteria and they both measure up very well, esp in their interaction with bminus and in response to others cases.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Beet’s still self conscious about his capitalisation though.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Asphyxious posted:

Beet’s still self conscious about his capitalisation though.

well yeah I mean asset values are way down in this market

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

well yeah I mean asset values are way down in this market

this is a funny post, I don't have anything to say about it otherwise

Asphyxious posted:

I’m slowly rereading everyone’s posts and, hopefully this doesn’t get quoted at me hilariously after the game, I’m pretty sure both Bif and Beet are town. Which is aces. I’ve got a bit of time this game so I’m busting out some of my analysis criteria and they both measure up very well, esp in their interaction with bminus and in response to others cases.

can you elaborate on "analysis criteria"?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Epsilon Plus posted:

can you elaborate on "analysis criteria"?

:stare:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hi folks I was drinking for 11 hours yesterday wheeeeeee

sandnavyguy posted:

Kind of? But they both seem genuine, though maybe they’re just good bussers

Bussing is weakass scum play

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Rarity posted:

Hi folks I was drinking for 11 hours yesterday wheeeeeee

Bussing is weakass scum play

It’s all I know!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

sandnavyguy posted:

If anything, aside from my current cases I’ve given, I’m worried about grid disappearing off the face of the earth and Taste

Yeah, where the gently caress is Taste? I was so excited to play with you, dude. Would vote Taste today just based off the face he should be way more active than this.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I mean I asked hum about it when he was alive and he described it as some kind of forensic analysis horseshit, I was hoping you could go into detail for what your criteria are so we can discuss based on that

but we can just :stare: @ each other 2

Rarity posted:

Would vote Taste today just based off the face he should be way more active than this.

I have never seen taste engage wholeheartedly with a game before like D3, what is this

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gridlocked posted:

So for all my railing against meta posts I will point out that SNG's play is reminding me a lot of my last AusPol Mafia game where I too dropped a town claim early (was also Jailer but just said it was a protective role) and spent the rest of the game telling people to trust me because my power is good and useful and it can be confirmed. I also constantly claimed I will get lynched by scumbus as easy target which didn't happen, and then I was erroneously stabbed at night a few days later.

So... are you saying SNG is town then? I don't like how you go through the meta but end the post before drawing a conclusion on his alignment.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gridlocked posted:

There seems to be a lot of applilications of Occams Razor going on from Sandwolf, tpink and Ami on to SNG. I can understand that reasoning, however I am inclined to give the benefit of the doubt to SNG for at least 1 more day.

My own position at the moment is I would prefer to vote someone else today but will vote for SNG in the future when more info comes to light given my recent re-read of how the situation could be playing out.

Ami has been solidly onto SNG since Day 1 and I think that they are a townie who is very confidant in their scumhunt. Sandwolf reads similar in this regard.

I dislike tpink's lurking stratagey. They seem to be taking quick shots at the easiest targets on each day thus far (me on Day 1 when it appeared they maybe a last minute pile-on and SNG who is being pushed on today.)

I am not sure what the Toalpaz VS Bif thing is. Bif has been tunneling hard on Toalpaz bassed on gut feels and "Toal is ignoring me" which is really weird. Toal themself has provided a reasonable point for their vote today and hasn't really done much I see as scummy behaviour.

Bif's tunneling makes me feel like she either KNOWS something but isn't sharing or is hoping to fly under the radar as ignorable. Bif can you articulate further on your anti-Toal stance?

I also feel like I should place some trust in E+ despite the masonry with now dead Humalong being unconfirmed.

This is a better post from Grid

Gridlocked posted:

Rarity was trying to be a big voice on D1 and it failed to have any uptake

This is what happens when people don't know me and don't realise how smart I am :negative:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Epsilon Plus posted:

I mean I asked hum about it when he was alive and he described it as some kind of forensic analysis horseshit, I was hoping you could go into detail for what your criteria are so we can discuss based on that

Whup, showed your hand early there. I suspected as much. I’m actually keen some day to have a chat about my methodology, I’ve let some folks know some parts of it and it’s always pretty fun, but I know when I’m being set up.

This isn’t a joke nor an opportunity to score points off me, so nah. Not sharing today.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hal Incandenza posted:

Add Amnistar to the Rarity pile of people who came out strong and now are coasting

I was busy drinking all yesterday :(

I have no plans for today though and will be active until bedtime :toot:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bifauxnen posted:

Gridlocked feels more like honestly asking me to elaborate at least, but I am not liking this Sandwolf bit:

Bolding mine, it's like if SNG really does flip town, it's trying to discredit the Toal case by making it sound like all I had on Toal was "Toal and SNG must be scumbros"

I agree with this analysis. Sandwolf's post felt off to me too but I couldn't put it into words.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

This is a good dogge

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Asphyxious posted:

Whup, showed your hand early there. I suspected as much. I’m actually keen some day to have a chat about my methodology, I’ve let some folks know some parts of it and it’s always pretty fun, but I know when I’m being set up.

This isn’t a joke nor an opportunity to score points off me, so nah. Not sharing today.

just an FYI I'm the one who added the phrase "horseshit" with humorous intent, not hum, but... you... got me, I guess?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Epsilon Plus posted:

I have never seen taste engage wholeheartedly with a game before like D3, what is this

Maybe I'm remembering wrong from like 5 years ago? When I say active I don't mean like effort scum hunting but he'd be posting loads and cracking jokes and stuff but here he's just invisible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Rarity posted:

I agree with this analysis. Sandwolf's post felt off to me too but I couldn't put it into words.

Seems like I did read that one wrong tbf, still keeping an eye on him though