Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Gonna be on the road most of the day today, but will send out keys after I get them if I get a chance.

Oh poo poo awesome! I dont have PM's so you can email to me busterblader96 at gmail dot com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Good luck though, seems like this game has actually gotten somewhere after this forum called it vaporware for like three solid years

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Ad by Khad posted:

Good luck though, seems like this game has actually gotten somewhere after this forum called it vaporware for like three solid years

I lmao'ed pretty hard at the ks in 2015 or whenever but yeah - they made a cool thing. The server tech is really something to behold

DrCaptainSir
Jan 29, 2008
Spartacus

jabro posted:

I'm not saying not to join Tempus' Discord but please keep in mind he likes use bots to keylog whatever you do on his servers.

It's true. He got my nudes and then sent me a bunch of his. At least he was willing to be fair about it. Anyway he's a fun guy to play with. Always preaching the ways of goonunism. He even had us make fort goondoor on The Forest.

As far as the learning curve goes though, they have stuff in place to help with that. Plus everyone is pretty helpful and knowledgeable too. Or at least we are getting there as we figure it out.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

DrCaptainSir posted:

It's true. He got my nudes and then sent me a bunch of his. At least he was willing to be fair about it.

That was supposed to be PRIVATE... f'ing goons...

dunkan
Jul 10, 2006

rage is everywhere
I think this game has potential, but it needs a ton of work before release. If it's not a long beta it'll flop.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

dunkan posted:

I think this game has potential, but it needs a ton of work before release. If it's not a long beta it'll flop.

i mean its very early in the beta process right now... the game is a ton of fun... we spent a good amount of time this weekend mining and made over 25 million in the game's currency... not saying the game is perfect and polished, but the fun mechanic is in there...

dunkan
Jul 10, 2006

rage is everywhere

Tempus Thales posted:

i mean its very early in the beta process right now... the game is a ton of fun... we spent a good amount of time this weekend mining and made over 25 million in the game's currency... not saying the game is perfect and polished, but the fun mechanic is in there...

IMO it's a bit broken ATM and they are making a ton of knee jerk changes. Will be fun to talk more when the NDA lifts. I didn't play hard this weekend but did around ~15mil.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

dunkan posted:

IMO it's a bit broken ATM and they are making a ton of knee jerk changes. Will be fun to talk more when the NDA lifts. I didn't play hard this weekend but did around ~15mil.

There are some server issues, and some instability on the planets as well as some issues with mining especially when going in groups... I mean there are a lot of things that are yanky... but the game is fun... things are ramping up at an elevated rate...

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
This was posted on the Dual Universe forums https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/19567-introducing-our-new-recruit-a-friend-program/:

NEW RECRUIT-A-FRIEND PROGRAM

We’re pleased to announce that our new Recruit-a-Friend program, which will arrive at the start of Beta on August 27th, will allow players to earn great in-game rewards every time one of their friends' purchases game time. The program is built to reward the total game time purchased by recruits and not just the total number of players who were recruited.

As a Dual Universe player, you will be able to get a unique Recruiter link from the new Dual Universe website: when the new website is live on August 27, login in the header and select the Recruit A Friend sub-page of My account, where your unique link will be available. You can send it directly to your friends, or use the website’s built-in system.

Once you or your friend creates an account using this unique link, both of your accounts will be linked automatically! However, beware that once an account is linked to a recruiter, this action cannot be undone. Whenever your recruited player purchases game time for the first time, they will receive a special jump-start booster, which includes the following perks:
  • 1 Static core unit size XS
  • 1 Cockpit SKIN
  • 1 Container Hub
  • 2 Container size S
  • A two-seater speeder blueprint to venture in
  • A one-time teleporter for your friend to join you
  • 1 week's worth of talent points to freely distribute

--

Unfortunately, we won't have codes until the new website goes live the same day though... There is a good number of us that will have a lot of invite codes, as well as free beta keys... Feel free to hop on our discord to ask about the game and sign up for keys: https://discord.gg/MAA8nTD

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
That static core is pretty underwhelming but a week's worth of talent points is very nice. Container hub is very nice as well.

e: misread that as a month's worth of talent points at first, doh.

RandomBlue fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Aug 26, 2020

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
Okay, so the current plan is for servers to go down at 8am ET this morning and then the game will be launching into beta officially at 10am ET (2pm UTC). If everything goes to plan then we should be able to start sending beta invites out somewhere between those times.

Get hyped, but expect jankiness with a fresh patch and lots of new people joining up at all once. Also know that your initial load time will likely be really long. The game will be building a database of all the voxels and constructs near you and the starting districts tend to have a lot of them. Follow the tutorials when you start and they will quickly take you off planet and away from the laggiest areas. After that it should be quite a bit better for you.

As soon as the NDA is lifted at 10am, I'll be posting some new player tips and a starter guide from Tempus Thales and crew right below the OP. Wyldly Inappropriate is the main goon guild so check out their discord if you want to get in on it.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Tempus Thales posted:

NEW RECRUIT-A-FRIEND PROGRAM

Aaaand delayed a month. Apparently they never made sure it actually worked with their code redemption system when designing and building it. Amazing. Oh, and it won't be retroactively fixed, so any friends who join the first month won't count.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
I really wish there was a parking garage or something at the starter bases that would despawn your constructs into "parking" after a few minutes. It would help a lot.

quote:

If you are separated from a dynamic construct by less than 125km, you can fetch it to you by opening your map (F4) then clicking Constructs in the top left and right clicking that construct in the list and selecting Fetch. This is a debug feature that will eventually be removed from the game, but is great if your vehicle is stuck in the air or underground. You can also exploit this feature a bit by putting a large container on a XS dynamic core and fetching it around the planet as you mine so you put the resources directly into the container as you mine.

:mindblown:

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Looking forward to Goon City with all its buildings shaped like Voxel cock and balls with ships to match.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

Givin posted:

Looking forward to Goon City with all its buildings shaped like Voxel cock and balls with ships to match.

Proper voxel material for cock and balls is Matte Light Red Plastic (Cold).

Munkeylord
Jun 21, 2012

Givin posted:

GHAZ?

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
I am real interested in this game, I hope to play it again at some point (stumbled on an alpha stress test key and it was neat, even though it lacked most of the tutorials)

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Just noticed this line in the patch notes, we can probably forget about beta keys until next week.

quote:

Beta keys system to distribute codes to your friends doesn't work for existing account yet. This will be fixed in the coming days

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Patch notes also say ore veins are on the sanctuary moon now.

OverdriveNotso
Jul 16, 2020
I just subbed, hope this game doesn't disappoint!

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

So is it any good?

OverdriveNotso
Jul 16, 2020

Sachant posted:

So is it any good?

I'll let you know when the bloody thing let's me load into the world

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

RandomBlue posted:

Just noticed this line in the patch notes, we can probably forget about beta keys until next week.

So with that, they didn't clear out the user database from the stress test like they said they were going to and the beta invites don't work with the existing stress test accounts. To get around that, you just need to create a new account with the beta key. However, we are still waiting for them to get their act together with the new website so we can start sending out invites.

People have had success subbing to the game and starting to play instead of using beta invites, but if you have an invite coming your way, I'd hold off for a bit to save some money.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Sachant posted:

So is it any good?

I like it but all I've been doing is mining and building up my production line. The building tools are excellent and you can tell they put a ton of thought and effort into making building as flexible and easy as possible.

OverdriveNotso posted:

I'll let you know when the bloody thing let's me load into the world

The long load time is just for the initial login where it's downloading a ton of in-game constructs to cache on your machine.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

Beta invites are very janky, but working at the moment. I've sent out mine and my friends are able to log in and start playing.

To send an invite visit dualuniverse.game, login in the top right corner, then click Products. You then enter your friend's email address to send them an invite.

When you sign up with a beta invite, you need to use a different email address than you used for the stress test if you participated. Then on the account creation page it will give an internal server error, but it sends a confirmation email. Validate email address and you are good to play.

Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011
I bought a starter orbital ship from a guy and then added some extra stuff to it. Anybody in WIDOT can give it a whirl if you want some practice going to space. I did a test flight from Sanctuary up into orbit, over to Alioth, landed, and then circled back. I didn't do too much in the way of orbital or aerial maneuvers but it's got enough fuel to mess around with that if you want to. Worst case, it's a cheap ship to repair or rebuild.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Sent an invite to elblanco (in theory) if you can confirm you got it. I guess I have 2 more codes left, one is spoken for (just need an e-mail from them) so one more is available.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Sachant posted:

So is it any good?

I've been playing for about a year now - and its been very fun. The game scratches everything from minecraft to eve for me and I can choose when I want to do either.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Sent an invite to elblanco (in theory) if you can confirm you got it. I guess I have 2 more codes left, one is spoken for (just need an e-mail from them) so one more is available.

I'm pretty interested in doin' this game, if you'd be inclined to share with another random goon zxqv8 at the yahoo.com or I'm in the goon discords too

zxqv8 fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Aug 28, 2020

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Delizin posted:

Beta invites are very janky, but working at the moment. I've sent out mine and my friends are able to log in and start playing.

To send an invite visit dualuniverse.game, login in the top right corner, then click Products. You then enter your friend's email address to send them an invite.

When you sign up with a beta invite, you need to use a different email address than you used for the stress test if you participated. Then on the account creation page it will give an internal server error, but it sends a confirmation email. Validate email address and you are good to play.

Im not sure it works, it doesn't even throw a server error, just reloads the page and shows me with the same number of invites remaining.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

zxqv8 posted:

I'm pretty interested in doin' this game, if you'd be inclined to share with another random goon zxqv8 at the yahoo.com or I'm in the goon discords too

Sent! In theory I've sent out three invites, though I get no confirmation on my end when I click the button so who knows.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I didn't receive anything. busterblader96 at g mail dot com.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Sent! In theory I've sent out three invites, though I get no confirmation on my end when I click the button so who knows.

Haven't received anything yet. I'll let you know if I do so you know to look out for confirmation.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Same story, looks like something they're working on. Thank you though! Hopefully it'll work :shobon:

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Man i crash to desktop constantly. I'm guess it's a ram issue. I have 16gb and 10gb page file and was crashing every 15 minutes. I upped the page file to 20gb and it's like every hour now.

dunkan
Jul 10, 2006

rage is everywhere
I sent an invite out yesterday and it worked. According to discord though it's hit or miss right now.

edit:

I hear most of the ones that don't work are for folks with existing accounts, stress test/backer whatever, if it is registered with DU already it probably won't work right now.

dunkan fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Aug 28, 2020

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Buttons were pressed, 2 invites are pending. It is impossible to know which two went through.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I received my invite about 15 minutes ago. When I get to my PC I’ll accept it and see what happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Buttons were pressed, 2 invites are pending. It is impossible to know which two went through.

I got mine! Thank you! I'll get signed up after work!