Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Crackbone posted:

Is Evan Rachal Wood’s abusive relationship with Marilyn Manson well known? I just heard about it today any holy poo poo the details are horrific.

i'm not... surprised, exactly, but this is the first i'm hearing of it.

any links?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

https://www.nylon.com/evan-rachel-wood-domestic-violence

I’m shocked that it wasn’t bigger news given it she talked about it publicly last year. She doesn’t explicitly mention who the abuser is but it’s trivial to do the math.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Yeah, in retrospect this should have been a huge red flag.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That was probably about some specific episode where they had some hack therapist on or something

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

https://metalinjection.net/metal-cr...mony-resurfaces

Crackbone posted:

Is Evan Rachal Wood’s abusive relationship with Marilyn Manson well known? I just heard about it today any holy poo poo the details are horrific.

quote:

During her testimony in front of California state senators, she would detail how her abuser would keep her up with drugs and "he would sometimes force me to partake in acts of fear, pain, torture, and humiliation, which he would videotape and which I felt powerless to stop."

She said she would try to leave, but he would threaten to hurt himself. "I mustered the courage to leave several times, but he would call my house incessantly and threaten to kill himself. On one occasion, I returned to try and defuse the situation, he cornered me in our bedroom, and asked me to kneel. Then he tied me up by my hands and feet. Once I was restrained he beat me and shocked sensitive parts of my body with a torture device called a violet wand. To him it was a way for me to prove my loyalty. The pain was excruciating. It felt like I left my body and a part of me died that day. The worst part was I still felt it was somehow my fault. Society had told me: "I should just leave when someone hits me," but this was so much more complicated and so much scarier than anything had ever prepared me for. I didn't know what to call it."

In a 2009 interview with Spin, Marilyn Manson freely admitted to doing this.

Manson also gets into his fantasy of crushing her skull with a sledgehammer. Cool, cool.

P.S. I love that metalinjection has a subsection called metal crimes. It's a wild ride.

https://metalinjection.net/metal-crimes

quote:

Designer of DRAGONFORCE Logo Accused Of Disemboweling His 80-Year-Old Father

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
What the gently caress

Who new metal heads could be so messed up

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Alan Smithee posted:

What the gently caress

Have you listened to modern metal?

We all knew.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Sodomy Hussein posted:

P.S. I love that metalinjection has a subsection called metal crimes. It's a wild ride.

Alan Smithee posted:

What the gently caress

To be fair, some of those aren't crimes committed by metal heads, but rather against metal heads.

Like this poor guy who says the Church of Scientology poisoned and killed his dog: https://metalinjection.net/metal-crimes/at-the-drive-in-frontman-alleges-church-of-scientology-poisoned-killed-his-dog which, given the churches track record, is pretty on brand for them.

Anyway, Marilyn Manson sucks.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Sodomy Hussein posted:

https://metalinjection.net/metal-cr...mony-resurfaces

Manson also gets into his fantasy of crushing her skull with a sledgehammer. Cool, cool.

I am now wondering how poo poo was with Dita Von Teese. All I remember is that she divorced him because he kept acting like an immature manchild and would keep going around loving other women.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

The fact you can be married to Dita von Teese and still cheat speaks volumes to the ineptitude of your character.

Inspector Gesicht fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Aug 19, 2020

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Inspector Gesicht posted:

The fact you married that you can be married to Dita von Teese and still cheat speaks volumes to the ineptitude of your character.

There are countless cases of extremely attractive people who still get cheated on. It's more likely about novelty and the thrill than mere sexual attraction.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

"hE cHeAtEd oN bEyOnCe"

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1293978889631363073?s=20
what
https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1295786545753071616?s=20

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Alan Smithee posted:

What the gently caress

Is this real?

quote:

On 21 August 1992, while Eithun was visiting family in Lillehammer, he stabbed Magne Andreassen to death.[2][3] According to Eithun, while walking home from a pub through the Olympic park, a well known gay-cruising spot, Andreassen drunkenly approached him and solicited him for sex. Eithun agreed to go with him to the nearby woods and stabbed Andreassen 37 times. He kicked him in the head repeatedly as he lay on the ground.[4]

Eithun claimed that he felt no remorse at the time.[5] Ihsahn, his bandmate in Emperor, said that Eithun "had been very fascinated by serial killers for a long time, and I guess he wanted to know what it's like to kill a person".[2] The media has linked the murder to black metal and speculated that Eithun was motivated by Satanism, fascism, or homophobia. In a 1993 interview he had said "I am not a Satanist, but I praise the evil".[6] In an interview for the book Lords of Chaos he explained he had been "interested in Satanism but there are other things as well. Basically, I don't give a poo poo".[7] In a 2008 interview Eithun said: "I was never a Satanist or fascist in any way".[8] Jørn Inge Tunsberg of the band Hades Almighty said that the murder was "an impulse killing" and that "it had nothing to do with black metal".[9]

Police initially had no suspects, and Eithun remained free for about a year. However, he told Øystein 'Euronymous' Aarseth, Varg Vikernes, and a few others what he had done.[10] After Vikernes' murder of Aarseth in August 1993, Eithun was arrested and confessed to killing Andreassen. In 1994 he was sentenced to 14 years' imprisonment, but was released in 2003 after serving nine years and four months.[8]

quote:

On the night of the murder, Vikernes and Snorre "Blackthorn" Ruch drove from Bergen to Euronymous' apartment at Tøyengata[4] in Oslo. Blackthorn stood outside smoking while Vikernes climbed the stairs to Euronymous' apartment on the fourth floor.[39] Vikernes said he met Euronymous at the door to hand him the signed contract, but when he stepped forward and confronted Euronymous, Euronymous "panicked" and kicked him in the chest.[39] Vikernes claims Euronymous ran into the kitchen to fetch a knife.[39] The two got into a struggle and Vikernes stabbed Euronymous to death. His body was found in the stairwell on the first floor with 23 stab wounds—two to the head, five to the neck, and 16 to the back.

quote:

On May 7, 2013, Tim Lambesis was arrested in Oceanside, California, for attempting to hire a hitman to murder his estranged wife Meggan Murphy,[27][28][29] and, according to the San Diego Sheriff's Department, was charged with soliciting "an undercover detective to kill his wife."[5][30] Lambesis approached someone at a gym and asked if he knew anyone who would kill his wife.[31] Lambesis met with the undercover agent posing as a hitman, code name "Red", according to Deputy District Attorney Claudia Grasso.[31] "Red" asked Lambesis if he wanted his wife of eight years gone, and Lambesis replied, "Yes, that's what I want."

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/usatodaysports/status/1296063688257019911?s=19

The thread goes on to describe that one of the victims was a tennis player, the victim's father reported the incident directly to the women's tennis coach who said she didn't believe her, they filed a title IX complaint and were never contacted again.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

AceOfFlames posted:

There are countless cases of extremely attractive people who still get cheated on. It's more likely about novelty and the thrill than mere sexual attraction.

That's true but it's still hard to wrap your head around it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think the only acceptable time to cheat on someone like Dita Von Teese is if there's a tear in the fabric of reality and a hole opens and dumps a half dozen Dita's from alternate realities.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Mumford & Sons' publicist sits down to read Twitter while taking a big sip of coffee...

And that lawyer's remarks, Jesus Christ.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Rhyno posted:

I think the only acceptable time to cheat on someone like Dita Von Teese is if there's a tear in the fabric of reality and a hole opens and dumps a half dozen Dita's from alternate realities.

Enter the Ditaverse

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

davidspackage posted:

Mumford & Sons' publicist sits down to read Twitter while taking a big sip of coffee...

And that lawyer's remarks, Jesus Christ.

I mean, to be fair, I don't really know why they needed to mention the band at all. Hardly seems relevant.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

thrawn527 posted:

I mean, to be fair, I don't really know why they needed to mention the band at all. Hardly seems relevant.

Well he did really gently caress it up this time.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Chili posted:

Well he did really gently caress it up this time.

:banjo:

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Rhyno posted:

If you had said “clones”, it would be a pro post/av combo

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Enter the Ditaverse

“How dare you point at me!”

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Rhyno posted:

Can we loving NOT? This is a thread about sexual assault victims, no one cares about how much you want to gently caress someone.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Also I think we can safely assume that Marilyn Manson did worse things to Dita Von Teese than cheat on her. Sociopathic abusers don't tend to just abuse one person.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah I have been noticing recently people have been cracking lots of jokes on here.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

King Vidiot posted:

Also I think we can safely assume that Marilyn Manson did worse things to Dita Von Teese than cheat on her. Sociopathic abusers don't tend to just abuse one person.

Yeah, I was thinking that. :smith: She doesn't go on lot of details and even mentions she thought that marriage was gonna change him. But is definitely a thing of toxic/abusive relationships. The abuser is gonna make you believe everything is gonna change, women are hopeful it will happen, abuse returns,etc.

I'm guessing she found good emotional support to be able to sever.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
I am actually genuinely surprised that the ultimate try-hard s*ck & tw*sted bogey man musician from the ‘90s was, after all, genuinely a hosed up monster. For most people who weren’t fans of his music, like myself, I think he was portrayed as an eminently reasonable person off the stage (I’m thinking his interview in Bowling for Columbine, for instance), and so his on-stage persona was seen as a joke.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MeinPanzer posted:

I am actually genuinely surprised that the ultimate try-hard s*ck & tw*sted bogey man musician from the ‘90s was, after all, genuinely a hosed up monster. For most people who weren’t fans of his music, like myself, I think he was portrayed as an eminently reasonable person off the stage (I’m thinking his interview in Bowling for Columbine, for instance), and so his on-stage persona was seen as a joke.

He often did this "ha ha i'm a regular guy!" thing in interviews and meet & greets so people dismissed a lot of red flags for what, 20 years?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Underneath all that shockrock and goth fash persona was one of those normcore guys you'd never expect to be a sex pest

https://twitter.com/LizAlps/status/1296479963777032192?s=20

https://twitter.com/palmerrachelc/status/1296480827535233025?s=20

https://twitter.com/ShernoldEdwards/status/1296493207447113729?s=20

I wasn't gonna post this originally but gently caress it, Bannon just got arrested and he made money from Seinfeld. This is one his conspirators

Shageletic posted:

One Sheriff’s Office report alleged Badolato flew young “models” he met on “sugar daddy” websites from out of state to his home, where he promised them $1,000 for photo shoots on the beach, along with use of his house and an expensive car, but didn’t follow through on his promises. Two of the women flown in alleged he sexually assaulted them, one from Wisconsin in 2009, the other from Maine in 2010, though no charges were filed.

One said in a report she sent a text to her husband and father in Wisconsin while in Badolato’s house that read: “Emergency. Get me home.”

Those alleged incidents were not the first time Badolato was accused of sexual misconduct. According to a handwritten report given to a Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office deputy in 2006, one of Badolato’s former housekeepers alleged he would not pay her unless she performed oral sex. The woman also said he sexually assaulted her and told her to “consider this as part of your job. Think of yourself as my dirty slut.” Again, charges were not filed.

37 years old and should have been in prison a dozen times over

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Aug 22, 2020

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

MeinPanzer posted:

the only reason I remember this is because I read about it right before watching john wick for the first time, but apparently manson got Jennifer syme (Keanu's girlfriend at the time) addicted to drugs again while she was super depressed having just given birth to a stillborn baby. she was messed up on drugs that manson had given her, on her way back to manson's party, when she killed herself in a car wreck.

i read that, then went to go see john wick which went hard on a manson-dominated soundtrack. felt like it was maybe in poor taste.

so yeah manson loving sucks

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Alice Cooper is better than Marilyn Manson in every possible way.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

PeterCat posted:

Alice Cooper is a country club membership having, golf playing Republican.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Uh. Not so surprised, I already knew he was this huge rear end hardcore christian.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

PeterCat posted:

Reserving my judgment until I see if Manson can open a successful restaurant or not.

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

Skwirl posted:

That he's still better than Manson isn't praise for Cooper as much as it's a condemnation of Manson.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Hey this is apparently extremely old news but my twitter feed is blowing up with refugees from Jared LEGO’s private island sex cult and it sounds just absolutely hosed. I can play a couple of 30StM songs on guitar but wasn’t a fan of this dude and he’s a legit terrible actor, IMO, but I guess he made enough money to buy an island then have his rich fans fly to this island to become his groupie wives...

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/plopfictionally/status/1297289184659378176?s=20

charles manson midsommar flavoraid drinking rear end motherfucker

and lol 30 secs actual posted it. Weirdos

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Bust Rodd posted:

Hey this is apparently extremely old news but my twitter feed is blowing up with refugees from Jared LEGO’s private island sex cult and it sounds just absolutely hosed. I can play a couple of 30StM songs on guitar but wasn’t a fan of this dude and he’s a legit terrible actor, IMO, but I guess he made enough money to buy an island then have his rich fans fly to this island to become his groupie wives...

Oh God that's real? I heard about that a while ago but I thought it was a loving joke, just a "haha, that weirdo Jared Leto started a cult, how 2020 is that?" spoof story.

Alan Smithee posted:

https://twitter.com/plopfictionally/status/1297289184659378176?s=20

charles manson midsommar flavoraid drinking rear end motherfucker

and lol 30 secs actual posted it. Weirdos

Holy poo poo it's real. gently caress.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Skwirl posted:

But apparently not a wife-beating sex pest? And he helped Dave Mustaine overcome alcoholism.

I was making a little bit of a joke but seriously I would rather hang out with Alice Cooper than Marilyn Manson, he seems less up his own rear end.

PeterCat fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Aug 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My dad played in a charity golf event with Cooper 20 years ago and I caddied. Cooper was nice to everyone and signed autographs for like two hours.