Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

President Beep posted:

lycra my balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I’d make eye contact with him and fart. I did it all the time for like two years. I didn’t even know his full name, just heard that his coworkers thought he was a nut for complaining about “the guy who would fart on me in the break room”

DELETE CASCADE posted:

also there is baseball but it has the DH and some 10th inning bull poo poo rules so it's not Real Baseball.

this

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

While you posted at me about how much you love your car, I hosed my wife real good. We're going to ride bikes tomorrow. We'll probably do 50 or so miles to Weirton WV and back, wherein I'll look at my wife's rear end in lycra and we'll probably have sex afterwards.

You'll sit in your car.

in the most generous interpretation based on post times you went straight from posting to intimacy with mrs. fentanyl cloud, lasted less than 70 minutes, then came back here to post. if you actually took the time to wash off it was even less time than that. good job, you sure showed him.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
did you seriously dig into his post history and calculate the sex time based on the timestamps. like dude. that says more about you than it does about him

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
70 minutes? gross

Apr 7, 2003

I’d make eye contact with him and fart. I did it all the time for like two years. I didn’t even know his full name, just heard that his coworkers thought he was a nut for complaining about “the guy who would fart on me in the break room”

Midjack posted:

in the most generous interpretation based on post times you went straight from posting to intimacy with mrs. fentanyl cloud, lasted less than 70 minutes, then came back here to post. if you actually took the time to wash off it was even less time than that. good job, you sure showed him.

She did all the work, 70 minutes is generous.

Apr 7, 2003

*extreme dork voice* you only hosed for seventy minutes *stamps internet cool guy permit: DENIED*

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
dontcha know you're supposed to slather yourself in anaesthetic gel so you can't actually feel anything, thus allowing you to keep it up for many hours

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

love 2 fuk until both of us are bored, chafed, sore, unable to do it again for five days

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
how do I date during a pandemic because I don't really want to be alone anymore lol

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I've had enough of the disappointment skinnerbox of all dating apps.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

in this new normal dating world "third base" is now less than 6 feet apart without masks

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

in this new normal dating world "third base" is now less than 6 feet apart without masks

thats what im looking for

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
4-8 weeks ago I was going to different churches and temples every week just to maybe find some friends. It was all just 55+

nothing wrong with 55+ but it wasn't the demographic I had in mind.

ever since the mandatory mask poo poo came in I stopped trying or visiting anything. Sitting in the library for a few hours maybe hoping that one day a good opportunity might be maybe possibly worth attempting to make a friend was another thing to try but not anymore.

Adult art classes might have been nice idea to try but lol everything is hopeless.

Sassafras
Dec 24, 2004

by Athanatos
:smithicide:

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I did a calligraphy class the other day, was pretty alright. They mailed me all the equipment (pen, ink, exercise sheets), and we sat down and did things over a VC.

unsure how well that would work with "messier" art forms that are less practical to do at home

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
lol @ going to a public place - place of worship, mall, library, park or otherwise and waiting for hours hoping this is the day a 0.1% chance appears

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Methanar posted:

4-8 weeks ago I was going to different churches and temples every week just to maybe find some friends. It was all just 55+

ever since the mandatory mask poo poo came in I stopped trying or visiting anything. Sitting in the library for a few hours maybe hoping that one day a good opportunity might be maybe possibly worth attempting to make a friend was another thing to try but not anymore.

Adult art classes might have been nice idea to try but lol everything is hopeless.

yeah attempting to make dating work during the plague just doesn't seem to go too well in a country that has figured out the whole "social distancing" thing

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
lol @ spending a 5th consecutive 7 month long winter working from home alone.

current mandatory mask bylaw is in place until dec 31st but lol there is absolutely zero chance it doesn't get another 6 month extension

lol

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
if you gonna work from home forever then live where you want

maybe move to a city with better demographics

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

ShadowHawk posted:

if you gonna work from home forever then live where you want

maybe move to a city with better demographics

yeah I've considered maybe moving into the city (currently in the far suburbs outside of Vancouver) but my rent for a 2 bedroom basement suite here is half of what a 2 bedroom suite or apartment would be in one of the main cities

if I didn't like being able to spend money on things like food and internet I'd totally do it

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
my city will probably be designated as a yellow zone on monday because we have a large increase in infections. people have largely stopped giving a gently caress about properly wearing masks and social distancing so it's probably gonna happen. also, being able to say "i live in the yellow zone" feels cyberpunk af.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
catching up on this thread like :ohno:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
ears full of hot sweaty lycra

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
tori’s right. i have it probably as good as it gets, in terms of nice car i like but not so expensive that i feel like i have to like it, fairly short commute in a small town with small town traffic and the highways aren’t very busy or difficulty to navigate

but if i’m on vacation for two weeks i never miss driving

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

also i work in an industry where i see how people get mashed up by car crashes all the time so although i compartmentalize that stuff i absolutely cannot deny it lol

Destroyenator
Dec 27, 2004

Don't ask me lady, I live in beer
i don’t even have a family to hate but when i switched from a twenty minute drive to a three minute walk i definitely did miss that enforced sit and think and plan time before and after work. i wouldn’t take driving over walking but there is something nice about having some time where you have no option but to chill and think or sing along to the radio

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Destroyenator posted:

i don’t even have a family to hate but when i switched from a twenty minute drive to a three minute walk i definitely did miss that enforced sit and think and plan time before and after work. i wouldn’t take driving over walking but there is something nice about having some time where you have no option but to chill and think or sing along to the radio

take a longer walk home

i used to live a 20 minute walk / 3 minute train ride from a job and i always preferred walking (except when it was -30C)

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
cars are good because they let you take your bikes different places, places where there aren't cars

Destroyenator
Dec 27, 2004

Don't ask me lady, I live in beer
yeah that helps. i also make sure to sit down and have a coffee at home in the morning even if i’m running late.

not really a problem but it was a strange adjustment i wasn’t expecting

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

“I gently caress my wife! I gently caress my wife so good!” I keep posting on the computer forums thread about coronavirus and working from home. “it’s my life’s insight! exercise and gently caress your wife!!”

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Destroyenator posted:

i hear folks say handwashing the dishes is the place where they get zen and/or listen to podcasts or music or w/e tae gently caress

i have found a way to make the driving chore very palatable but saying “i love driving” seems about the same level of wtf as saying “i love doing the dishes”, when i think on it

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

I like the Ivan Illich argument:

- count your yearly distance driving a car
- count your yearly distance driving a car to work
- count the time you spend in the car
- count the time you spend in the car driving to work
- count the costs of all the maintenance, gas, insurance, licenses, car itself, etc
- figure out your average speed by including the time spent working to pay for car costs

for an average (non tech salary haver) person, when you count everything there, you find out almost a quarter to third of their income and time is spent on the car and most of the car usage is for work itself. In the end, someone’s average speed including the time spent working for it can come down to 30km/h or lower, something easy to hit on any road bike for a fraction of the time and cost.

cars are an oppressive monopoly to work around

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

MononcQc posted:

In the end, someone’s average speed including the time spent working for it can come down to 30km/h or lower, something easy to hit on any road bike for a fraction of the time and cost.
this holds if you are single, able-bodied and have no kids

e: and live at the equator or something for weather lol

Kenny Logins fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Aug 23, 2020

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
I would bike more if there were no cars or more protected bike lanes

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Uptime Sinclair posted:

this holds if you are single, able-bodied and have no kids

e: and live at the equator or something for weather lol

it would but for me (living in snow, working remote, without kids) it started showing it would make sense to at least just use a larger mix of walking, cycling, public transit, and cabs/rentals to get around than just actually owning a car.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Methanar posted:

If you have the space and your living space allows, get a pet. Even something small like a rat or hamster to interact with would be good. I would have blown my brains out by now if I didn't have my cats.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

MononcQc posted:

it would but for me (living in snow, working remote, without kids) it started showing it would make sense to at least just use a larger mix of walking, cycling, public transit, and cabs/rentals to get around than just actually owning a car.
yeah, fair enough.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Uptime Sinclair posted:

i hear folks say handwashing the dishes is the place where they get zen and/or listen to podcasts or music or w/e tae gently caress

this is me. also while doing yard work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
also while dancing for nickels at the end of the driveway.