Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lockback posted:

But why would Butler lie about it? That's the piece that makes no sense. If Philly wanted to move on (which I don't know why they would after getting as close as possible to beating the eventual 2019 champs), why would Butler cover for them?

Maybe they weren't, like super excited or w/e but Butler took off for Miami at like 12:01am on FA day so there wasn't really time for him to get pushed out.

Is this where we go back to pretending that FA negotiation doesn't happen until the clock strikes midnight?

Like, I generally am not a fan of convoluted conspiracy theories and I believe Jimmy if he says he just wanted out and to go to an organization more aligned to how he likes to do things. But I also don't think it's very implausible that the Sixers started hemming and hawing before that like a friend who owes you a favor and is trying to get out of it

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Aug 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/1297601498256375815
Since this is 2020, I expect Luka's foot to get snapped off during the game.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The Jimmy Butler Heat are so cool. Getting Embiid on board would overcome my last defenses of not rooting for them because they're the Heat.

propyleneglycol
Jan 11, 2019
What happens after this season for the Sixers? Even with Brown and (hopefully) Brand getting fired they’re hosed cap wise

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

propyleneglycol posted:

What happens after this season for the Sixers? Even with Brown and (hopefully) Brand getting fired they’re hosed cap wise

Try to fine someone to take Horford, use all those picks on some guys who can actually dribble and/or shoot, and then probably run it back and see if it's different with Simmons and a new coach.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

propyleneglycol posted:

we continue to laugh at them for building team around iggy and bynum and giving them less space than iverson

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

Spacebump posted:

Plz don't ruin Luka

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Tobias Harris is bleeding out under the hoop right now. Not sure what happened yet.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/TimBontemps/status/1297609383275364352?s=20
https://twitter.com/TopBallCoverage/status/1297609193810038784?s=20

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

That’s like watching a skateboard bail ouch

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.

Spacebump posted:

I expect him to blow by people hopping on one foot. He has terrific one-foot hopping form.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

propyleneglycol posted:

I think that they can move Horford for something positive if they want. The benefit to being a total loving disaster on all fronts is that you can make the case that Al isn't washed.

Alternatively you could just use the 21st pick to draft the best shooter available, try to develop Matisse, and keep cooking next year. They still have young guys with potential.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Possible i'm wrong (I personally think he could still be a useful player!) but I don't think very many teams are going to view Al as a positive asset with his contract after this year. Think you either have to take a bad deal back or attach a pick to get someone to bite.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Yikes, hopefully he didn't break his orbital bone.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Yikes, hopefully he didn't break his orbital bone.

He's back in the game so I'd guess not.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

MourningView posted:

Possible i'm wrong (I personally think he could still be a useful player!) but I don't think very many teams are going to view Al as a positive asset with his contract after this year. Think you either have to take a bad deal back or attach a pick to get someone to bite.

Yeah I definitely think that Philly has to lose any trade to move him, I just think that since the team has been such a loving clownshow all season that it may obfuscate things a bit.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Horford for Wiggins + some kind of draft comp seems more and more inevitable to me

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

I loved last night when Lu was about to shoot a 3 after the whistle but CP3 came out of nowhere and called for it. Veteran respect

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=rccydch

Lockback posted:

Horford for Wiggins + some kind of draft comp seems more and more inevitable to me

you fucker...

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Lockback posted:

At that point they'll be paying over 30mil for Tobias Harris and over 30mil for worse Tobias Harris.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Lockback posted:

i don't think I could take Opposite Ben Simmons for more than like three games

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

LaMelo needs to be a Sixer. Although if you got Edwards then Ben could go back to being PG.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

At that point they'll be paying over 30mil for Tobias Harris and over 30mil for worse Tobias Harris.

But a worse Tobias Harris that plays best at the 2! Everyone slots in so much better!

Carlosologist posted:

i don't think I could take Opposite Ben Simmons for more than like three games

lol. Watch em get LaMelo in the deal too.

a new study bible! posted:

LaMelo needs to be a Sixer.

Gah, you fucker

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Lockback posted:

Gah, you fucker

LaMelo, Shake, Simmons, Tobias, and Embiid would be such a hilarious team.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lockback posted:

Who sends out the draft compensation

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybrh9rv3

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
tobias shouldve stayed underrated on a noncontender and assembled a strong, if un flashy statistical career

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
i mean obv get the bag, you know what i mean. legacy wise

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

MourningView posted:

Try to fine someone to take Horford, use all those picks on some guys who can actually dribble and/or shoot, and then probably run it back and see if it's different with Simmons and a new coach.

I know this is a simple typo but I like the idea of fining someone with the penalty of taking on Horford's contract

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Plus every Sixers draft pick for the next decade

Simmons, Herro, Buddy, Tobias, Bam

Shake, Herro, Buddy, Simmons, Bam

Lets do it.

a new study bible! fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Aug 23, 2020

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The Sixers were 10-0 and the last undefeated team in the NBA lol

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Maybe Ben Simmons is better than people give him credit for.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

WhyteRyce posted:

Who sends out the draft compensation

GS would toss in something. Maybe pick swap this year but that seems like too much.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
brett brown still has to coach ben simmons on the australia team

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
SIXERSPOSTING...ENGAGE

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Embiid is going to wear 00 for okc i bet

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Which is worse, 4 games or 4 bounces?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Simmons, Herro, Buddy, Tobias, Bam

Shake, Herro, Buddy, Simmons, Bam

Lets do it.

lol

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Cool Buff Man posted:

I know this is a simple typo but I like the idea of fining someone with the penalty of taking on Horford's contract

This is what the NBA should do to Daryl Morey when he makes a bad tweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Metapod posted:

Embiid is going to wear 00 for okc i bet

embiid for dort and chris paul
https://tradenba.com/trades/92IGuFFqK