Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Amnistar posted:

Fair on the lack of additional cases outside of SnG. I'm not spending a lot of effort pushing other cases right now because SnG's flip will heavily influence any case I make. As it stands right now I don't like Rarity, Sci and Tpink. i have no real desire to spend time building case on the three of them though, because SnG's flip will heavily define my views on their actions.

Capitalisation in Amin’s post is hella suss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

Capitalisation in Amin’s post is hella suss

I'm on the laptop instead of the phone.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Amnistar posted:

I'm on the laptop instead of the phone.

what’s your posting font?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Comic Sans Content

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Comic Sans Content

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Asphyxious posted:

Comic Sans Content

just Sans Content.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

it’s true I’m as thick as a brick making GBS threads

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm not gonna vote him today over Toal or SNG or nothing but Gaspy's moved down a couple tiers on the Lumpenlist that's for sure

since fuckin’ when are you so down to vote SNG today?

Also, Gaspy is scummy as gently caress, who refuses to answer questions based on their own criteria for finding scum? “Just let me make it up, stfu.”

Also, Tommu, can we please get some kind of punishment for lurking? Taste hasn’t made a single game related post, Hawke has barely made a single game related post. Why is this okay.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

since fuckin’ when are you so down to vote SNG today?

Also, Gaspy is scummy as gently caress, who refuses to answer questions based on their own criteria for finding scum? “Just let me make it up, stfu.”

Also, Tommu, can we please get some kind of punishment for lurking? Taste hasn’t made a single game related post, Hawke has barely made a single game related post. Why is this okay.

Since like, the post where I voted him, god

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bifauxnen posted:

Hm I guess it isn't actually out of the question for SNG to pull some crazy claim gambit. He did manage to win people over for a surprisingly long time after he D1 dayvidged me just by playing up what a poor confused and scared newbie he was!

##vote SNG

Bifauxnen posted:

Anyway, SNG does seem like a good road to go down today, but I sure am all ears for whatever Toal's saving up for later

This reads as hollow and artificial to me, in that order.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
6 hours to go, I think SNG is the best option. Would vote Bif or Rarity too.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
My preferred picks today are Gaspy and Toalpaz

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

SNG is a bad option

Asphyxious is a good option

Let’s execute Asphyxious: loads of people think he’s scummy, but seemingly not quite enough to vote for him at the moment

I’ll try to post more, but currently still celebrating my wife’s birthday and drinking through my hangover, should be better during the week, as I’ll be posting instead of concentrating on conference calls

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
For the record, Sandwolf didn’t address my case on him at all.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Amnistar posted:

Fair on the lack of additional cases outside of SnG. I'm not spending a lot of effort pushing other cases right now because SnG's flip will heavily influence any case I make. As it stands right now I don't like Rarity, Sci and Tpink. i have no real desire to spend time building case on the three of them though, because SnG's flip will heavily define my views on their actions.

Sandwolf posted:

SNG I glazed over your cases, give me the “attack” version of your case on TPink

Sandwolf posted:

I'd need your flip to feel more inclined to do something tbh, and if you flip town, I'm gonna be more worried about someone else

Toalpaz posted:

That being said, at this point in the conversation even if we miss scum we really need to remove sand navy guy.

I can't see myself being able to proceed in the game without knowing if SNG is scum or not, just because of the pages and pages of speculation. Personally, a lot of the rationalization and circumstances around SNG's n1 play point to him being scum, so I will vote him.

We also know now that he'll never prove himself by saving town at night, the only night action thing that would help him. I just can't trust him or that scum will use him in lylo to make us lose the game.

##vote sng

All of these people are currently pushing that the only reasonable option is to lunch me, even if I'm town, and wont case or engage with others until I'm mislunched and flip. Toal was brazen enough to say it straight out. This is dripping with scum. I'd hate to be speculative but after I flip these three need to be addressed ASAP. Or, because that's NOT the only option, we vote for someone with a greater likelyhood of being scum than 50% of my voter base thinking "poo poo hes likely to be town, lets kill him and see what happens though and I'm not playing til he's gone! *crosses arms*"

Epsilon Plus posted:

I'm pretty sure SNG is town but I'm worried this is going to end up in a situation where attempts to lunch SNG dominate every single day until either he's dead or someone else manages to clear him (and is believed by the thread). More than likely one of the people needling SNG is scum hoping for this exact outcome.

I agree. This is exactly whats happening, and I fear they are gonna get their wish.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Would be real cool if beet, Hal, Grid and Eps could tell us who they want to vote today

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I mean you admit to being at the kill, and also your jail having no effect.

When pressed about the reason why you said it was obvious that Hum was a power role, and scum must have known it was obvious too.

I think that was a lie because it isn't obvious hum was a power role, and your whole mythologizing about hum saving you reads like a fake rationalization workshopped at night with your scum team.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Toalpaz posted:

I mean you admit to being at the kill, and also your jail having no effect.

When pressed about the reason why you said it was obvious that Hum was a power role, and scum must have known it was obvious too.

I think that was a lie because it isn't obvious hum was a power role, and your whole mythologizing about hum saving you reads like a fake rationalization workshopped at night with your scum team.

Toal. If I was Scum. I would not say I visited Hum. There is no benefit to that, over the other VTs I coulda just claimed.

if Hum wasnt an obvious PR, which I think he was, that doesnt mean I'm scum.

And this is too stupid a bunch of hoops Id have to jump through, with no dang support, at all, for me to have a whole scumteam cheering me on. Its ludicrous, and I'd have called a scumbro out for this immediately for jeopardizing the entire game by becoming a polarizing fixture on Day freakin 2.

Being completely open and transparent, after YOU said how I'd have to justify all of my actions yesterday, is not scummy.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

sandnavyguy (4): Amnistar, Asphyxious, Sandwolf, Bifauxnen, Asphyxious, tpink, Toalpaz, Bifauxnen
Rarity (2): SHALASHASKA HAWKE, t a s t e
Asphyxious (2): Scientastic, Rarity
tpink (1): sandnavyguy
Sandwolf (1): Asphyxious
Toalpaz (1): Bifauxnen, Rarity, Bifauxnen, Rarity, Asphyxious, Bifauxnen, Asphyxious
Gridlocked (0): sandnavyguy, sandnavyguy
t a s t e (0): SHALASHASKA HAWKE, SHALASHASKA HAWKE

Not Voting (4): Epsilon Plus, Gridlocked, Hal Incandenza, hambeet

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 24th, 2020 at 10 a.m. AEST -- that's in about 5 hours, 53 minutes.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

sandnavyguy posted:

Toal. If I was Scum. I would not say I visited Hum. There is no benefit to that, over the other VTs I coulda just claimed.

if Hum wasnt an obvious PR, which I think he was, that doesnt mean I'm scum.

And this is too stupid a bunch of hoops Id have to jump through, with no dang support, at all, for me to have a whole scumteam cheering me on. Its ludicrous, and I'd have called a scumbro out for this immediately for jeopardizing the entire game by becoming a polarizing fixture on Day freakin 2.

Being completely open and transparent, after YOU said how I'd have to justify all of my actions yesterday, is not scummy.

From the perspective of scum team member who already claimed jailer, you would have to announce your targets anyways to town. Doing the NK gives you plausible deniability, and is a decent play. It also obscures the game by creating fake possible scum team powers.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

but if we’re at this stage then I should actually move my vote somewhere it should count, and as gaspy already stated, though I’m concerned they didn’t actually tell us their maxim thing, sandwolf has been willfully blind or twisting my case and posts this entire time. Especially the whole performative, “what was your case again?” Thing.

##vote sandwolf

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

From the perspective of scum team member who already claimed jailer, you would have to announce your targets anyways to town. Doing the NK gives you plausible deniability, and is a decent play. It also obscures the game by creating fake possible scum team powers.

Also you would have no support because of all of the attention on you day one and two. You would taint anyone directly interacting with you in obvious ways. That's why the fact that people aren't picking up your case again, despite all of the attention d1 and d2 is wack to me.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Toalpaz posted:

That’s a very very risky strat though and I’m a very cautious player. Hell I didn’t even feel comfortable laying down a vote til near the end of D1. I did t vote for you toal cause I feel you may be a misguided town, but seriously, I’m not that much of a risk taker.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

sandnavyguy posted:

That’s a very very risky strat though and I’m a very cautious player. Hell I didn’t even feel comfortable laying down a vote til near the end of D1. I did t vote for you toal cause I feel you may be a misguided town, but seriously, I’m not that much of a risk taker.

Self-proclaimed meta defences are the worst

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Rarity posted:

Yes but it’s not like anyone’s gonna bring it up for me. My team are the townies trying to mislunch me.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

toal, respond to this question with a singular gif and no additional text pls

are you scum?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote toal

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Asphyxious posted:

For the record, Sandwolf didn’t address my case on him at all.

I’m sorry? I didn’t feel it was particularly persuasive since you were trying to stretch one post to fit a pretty insanely specific motivation.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Rarity posted:

It’s 80% of what SNG has done today

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

you hate to see it

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

I’m sorry? I didn’t feel it was particularly persuasive since you were trying to stretch one post to fit a pretty insanely specific motivation.

really?

O

Sandwolf posted:

Also, to Hawke’s point about “why is no one defending SNG if he’s on a scumteam?” (Which is already a weak argument) there HAVE been several people who have been defending SNG (Rarity) or ignoring it in a discomforting way (Bif).

n

Sandwolf posted:

SNG you did give contingencies but I agree with Amni that you’ve spent a lot more energy trying to convince us not to lunch ya rather than trying to find scum among people voting you, if you feel there are scum pushing your lunch.

e

Sandwolf posted:

Well I wasn't particularly swayed by it SNG but it's not awful. But it's hard for me to take seriously when I think you're scum.

I'd need your flip to feel more inclined to do something tbh, and if you flip town, I'm gonna be more worried about someone else

P

Sandwolf posted:

SNG I glazed over your cases, give me the “attack” version of your case on TPink

o

Sandwolf posted:

By your own admission, we should be lunching you!

s

Sandwolf posted:

And again, no offense, but if you are Town the scum isn’t gonna NK you.

t

Sandwolf posted:

Yeah but SNG if you’ve already demonstrated to not be much of a protective role, so you’re almost more like just a RBer, no?

Bolding mine on responses that are disengenuous, baffling, or just a put down. Yeah, I think you've been doing the twist for a long time today. Each of these was a response to an argument I made, intentionally twisting my reasoning to be invalid. your constant rebukes framed as "sorry, but"s are frustrating. and if your plan succeeds and I flip, I want you to be the first of your scum buddies to go, so this post is a useful compendium of the multiple flawed arguments you've made.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

sandnavyguy posted:

This is BS. The last game I played with you when you were scum, you vigged Bif who in that game was one of the towniest players. It was a big risk and you did it anyway.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Bif, I know you voted SNG. But aside from that, you really didn’t engage with him and the case on him. I find that very strange and inconsistent with how you’re approaching other players. Why the different approach?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sng same prompt I have to toalpaz

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Scientastic posted:

SNG is a bad option

Asphyxious is a good option

Let’s execute Asphyxious: loads of people think he’s scummy, but seemingly not quite enough to vote for him at the moment

I’ll try to post more, but currently still celebrating my wife’s birthday and drinking through my hangover, should be better during the week, as I’ll be posting instead of concentrating on conference calls

Sci, do you believe SNG’s claim and that chain of improbabilities? Why is he a bad option?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
If (when) SNG flips scum, I’m likely voting Bif next.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Are you disagreeing with how I characterized your scum play last game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

tpink posted:

Are you disagreeing with how I characterized your scum play last game?

This was in response to taste. But yes. Last time I gemmed and hawed because I was given a big as scum D1 and wanted to take out a townie. My gambit then was a very high risk, but it’s different because I was able to sweep it under the rug as frustration. This is completely different. If you check Cuomo time you can see that I’m very cautious as town. I’m acting the same as Cuomo, not Food. And it baffles me you’d compare the two when I got crap for it all game that game about how I wasn’t acting like I did as town, which uh, I wasn’t. Because I was scum then. This game? I’m town.