Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Calaveron posted:

I mean, I can buy it. The Beatles don't have any songs about rear end eating do they?

Come Together?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

BiggerBoat posted:

Come Together?

No that’s the bukkake song

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Billy Gnosis posted:

Did Steve go through a "Little Steven" phase during the second picture?

I was thinking the same thing, gotta be a Halloween costume.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I had a good laugh at fighting yourself in the garage holy poo poo

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

sponges posted:

I’m going to check it out. I love Danny Boyle and the Beatles. I suspect they’re too hard on it

Saw it the other day, honestly it was kind of depressing for some reason. It sucked rear end is what I'm trying to say.

I wish they kept going with Beverly Hills, its the perfect kind of nonsense show that makes for good episodes.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

ravenkult posted:

I wish they kept going with Beverly Hills, its the perfect kind of nonsense show that makes for good episodes.

Yeah i felt the same way abut MelRO 90210 that i did about that new Alanis Morrisette album that dropped a few weeks ago: regardless of the quality of any individual part of it, it's a warm comforting 90's blanket that I can drape around my soul.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

It's probably a lot more fun listening to the boys talk about rather than rewatch any of this poo poo, I feel. Like I used to listen to a podcast that was just a woman solo talking about what happened in each episode of Little House on the Prairie (with a little bit of commentary and jokes, but nothing crazy) and oh boy was it a lot better than actually watching any of it.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I watched melrose and 90210 as a young child with no idea or grasp of what was going on week to week so it’s nice to have jokes to what was ostensibly a fever dream of my childhood.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
A couple of Melro210 thoughts:

1.) I hope the guys find another warp pipe this Christmas and do an episode on the Christmas episode from season 3: Angels watch over the gang and protect them from a killer bus crash while David decides he will take extra courses so he can graduate with his friends.

2.) Given how much the guys seem to like Matt on Melrose Place, I can only imagine how bummed they're going to be when he's killed off in an off-screen car accident so Amanda can read his secret journal for a loving clip show.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

SilentChaz posted:

A couple of Melro210 thoughts:

1.) I hope the guys find another warp pipe this Christmas and do an episode on the Christmas episode from season 3: Angels watch over the gang and protect them from a killer bus crash while David decides he will take extra courses so he can graduate with his friends.

Holy poo poo, I need this.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Im loving spoiled by 3 episodes this week, guys. I should've consumed them slower.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

We need more of these.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zzm49SIednw

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

COVID really did save everyone from the horrors of movie theatres.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
the Superman Redux episodes are loving great.

These guys are awesome.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

Yeah it was really awesome to hear their thoughts on the milestone and doing the podcast :3:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Invalid Validation posted:

COVID really did save everyone from the horrors of movie theatres.

I'm going to see Tenet this week and I can't wait to experience bad popcorn and loud fuckheads again.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Not only is Chelsea still a top-tier guest, I am so excited about the tease of a future episode with her on the Rent film, which I ALSO hate!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

END ME SCOOB posted:

Not only is Chelsea still a top-tier guest, I am so excited about the tease of a future episode with her on the Rent film, which I ALSO hate!

Yes, I hate that loving movie.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

There are so many Stay Tuneds on this episode and I can’t wait for all of them. Also that mistletoe exchange had me howling

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Soup du Jour posted:

There are so many Stay Tuneds on this episode and I can’t wait for all of them. Also that mistletoe exchange had me howling

Glad I'm not the only one. I was driving while listening to it and I almost had to pull over.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Glad I'm not the only one. I was driving while listening to it and I almost had to pull over.

"WHO ARE YOU KISSING?!"

"Well nobody since I met you"

I was dying, Chelsea is so good.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Beer_Suitcase posted:

It was a post about No Holds Barred in the old Punchsport Pagoda I had think. I downloaded it on my phone. Then i moved across the country with $200 and the promise of a basement mattress. I didnt know anyone at all, had no car and an awful job. It was a pretty miserable existence l. We Hate Movies was something for me to look forward to and that feeling never went away. It helped me keep going. I will be forever grateful and wear my Monkey Pizza shirt with pride.

Same!

...well, the first sentence, not the rest of it.

I'm still catching up on something of a backlog and all I can say is I can't wait for Melr0210 to return as a Patreon show because it's probably my favorite thing they've ever done, which says a LOT.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

The dynamic supervillain team of Telly Savalas and Rex Reed!

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

GoutPatrol posted:

The dynamic supervillain team of Telly Savalas and Rex Reed!

If that's not an episode of the 1960s Batman show, I don't know what is.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I was kinda lukewarm on Chelsea Jupin in her previous appearances, but she was great this time around. Looking forward to that Rent episode, hopefully.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Chelsea is great and she can totally sub in anytime cabin can't make it. I rewatched super man for the first time since probably the early 90s and man it still holds up. The scene where Lois Lane dies was still terrifying and it was great to hear them put all of that film making knowledge to work explaining why the movie works so well.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I'm listening to the Nemesis commentary that they re-released and there are two things I'm taking away from this:

1. This film is unwatchable even with the commentary (but I am laughing)
2. I entirely forgot the rape scene that goes nowhere!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
https://twitter.com/whmpodcast/status/1300524369681281024?s=21

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
That's some great art. I've never heard a Korn before and don't really have any interest in this content but I'm sure the guys will have a blast.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

This may get very insufferable because there is only so much you can say about a deep track on a late 90s, 70 minute album besides "this loving sucks".

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

You may not like it but that album was very influential.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

GoutPatrol posted:

This may get very insufferable because there is only so much you can say about a deep track on a late 90s, 70 minute album besides "this loving sucks".

This is what I'm worried about. The guys going to a concert is a very different thing than doing an episode on "We Hate/Love These Tracks" for an album that is only memorable to people of the exact right age. Korn was already "older brother music" to me.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I have no interest in Star Trek, and I have never watched an episode or movie. But, I still listen to and enjoy the Nexus and whatever movies they do.

Go into it with the mindset that they are going to have a lot of fun at the expense of the album/band/genre

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

according to twitter it’s an 1:45 episode so shorter than usual by modern WHM standards

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

jojoinnit posted:

This is what I'm worried about. The guys going to a concert is a very different thing than doing an episode on "We Hate/Love These Tracks" for an album that is only memorable to people of the exact right age. Korn was already "older brother music" to me.

Well I am “the exact right age”. So I’m in.

And yeah, I have never given a poo poo about 90210, but I somehow love their show on that. So give them a shot.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

The madmen did it, they took a comedy podcast and merged it with a deep dive examination of a Korn album and made the podcast I’ve always dreamed of

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Hockles posted:

I have no interest in Star Trek, and I have never watched an episode or movie. But, I still listen to and enjoy the Nexus and whatever movies they do.

Go into it with the mindset that they are going to have a lot of fun at the expense of the album/band/genre

Bingo. I havent watched every single movie they've talked about, but I sure as hell still listened to the episodes.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
I'm sorry, I'm usually less entertained if I haven't seen the movie unless it becomes an impression fest :ohdear:

But yes of course I'll be in for it. Everything they do is good. I guess I'm just disappointed we won't get a concert ep this year.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
So today’s episode is the Patreon WHT ep of Ready Player One. It’s honestly a great one, not the least Andrew’s bewildered “is this a poem?!” and one of my favorite Eric bits: Trump at the wailing wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

jojoinnit posted:

Eh, I listened to That Awful Sound when it was around and that podcast was about making fun of terrible songs from your youth, and I enjoyed it. The episodes were a good 70 minutes too, I guess the only difference is that not all the Korn songs have music videos attached to them for also making fun of like TAS did.