Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Is that why people don't wanna vote Toal with me? Do they think I'm just hemming and hawwing too much? Do y'all think I sound too hesitant and like oh but wait maybe they're really town,etc?

Or is this just blatantly ridiculous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I have absolutely no interest in voting SNG, I don’t buy him as scum, I think this is a loving terrible execution based on lovely reasoning and bad assumptions

There are enough people not voting for him to avoid a no lunch, I sincerely hope that people see sense while I am asleep and realise just how incredibly scummy Asphyxious has been

I will have more brainpower to dedicate to the game tomorrow, I apologise for not remembering that real life was going to get in the way this weekend

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm now reading SNG. I'm on page 1 and so far he has dropped town reads on Amni, me, Sci, Bif, beet, me again, Sci again and no scum reads and now he's doing lurker callouts. One thing I think does happen with new players is that they learn how to spot town play faster than they learn how to spot scum play. I've been reading back over my first games and I've seen that behaviour in myself and some of the other peeps that started up around that time (eg. King Burgundy, chaoslord) so I don't think is as much a slam dunk as Sandwolf thinks it is. Still got 4.5 pages of posts to go though.

Oh yeah I forgot people were getting on SNG's back for commenting on how much people had posted. That was dumb.

sandnavyguy posted:

No, I’m popping in when I can and posting. I hit 10 posts before any of this back and forth started. If I was scum Why on earth wouldn’t I do what the majority of scum are probably doing and just sit pretty? Because I’m town and I want to get information into the thread. I really do not get what y’all are wanting me to do here.

I post, and get called out for not having anything written.

So I try to join in and tell people that I’m getting null reads, and I get called out for not having a scum read. I make a call on scumread to get people off my back and back to hunting scum, and people say I’m still not contributing.

Then, I get home from work and try answering the thread, and now I’m being scummy by responding.

The alternative is to just do nothing til deadline, let you all pile on and mislynch me, then after I flip town I get to watch the rest of the game go by as everyone says I posted scummy anyway, so it was a good day 1 call.

This is frustrating.

Ok, I have seen every new player make this same exact post around about 5 games in while town. This feels too real. And now SNG has dropped scum reads on DGK and Grid and Amni (and I'm still only on page 1) so I don't think the whole 'never scum hunts' argument really holds up.

sandnavyguy posted:

I’m a jailer.

See, here's where I stand with this claim. If it was me I'm only ever claiming jailer as a town jailer. If I'm scum I know how this is gonna look to everyone else right from the start and I'm gonna immediately be planning an alternative fake claim that paints me in a better light. And yes SNG's probably too new to work that all out by himself but that doesn't mean his scum team isn't. So claiming jailer as scum? Come on, everyone can do better than that. The fact SNG drops the jailer claim even though he knows it sucks says to me that he's all on his lonesome.

Then he puts out the scum juggernaut theory which is a bit weird I grant you cause as established there's plenty of other reasons the kill could have gone through. And the reasoning for choosing Hum as his target is pretty drat weak as well. He claims Hum has a plan but I do remember going back to check his posts and not seeing anything that could indicate that. Hmm and then there's the callout to watchers and trackers as well. That could be naivety of not realising how little value confirming his action would have compared to future benefits. I'm not even convincing myself when I say that.

Onto page 3 and I guess this must be where defence mode really kicks in. Ugh, so many posts and so many of them are worthless. Oh cool, a big effortpost on D1 deadline voting and a case on Amni based around his weird slap slap kiss interaction with Sci which is still major suss. He explains his plan to jail any claiming watcher/tracker which is so obviously flawed that it's difficult to see anyone making it up. I don't understand this case on tpink. And it's weird how after being so certain scum had an unblockable kill he's now describing that as "the most unlikely scenario".

sandnavyguy posted:

Regardless of whether or not you’re comfortable Toal, I still think willfully removing a town PR is a pretty hefty prospect. Regardless of if there’s a bus driver or not, having a roleblocker and protector seems like a very useful town role rn. Especially if there is a second night kill, or SK.

The tone of this post doesn't vibe with the rest of his posting. Most of his defence his passionate and I can feel the frustration. This is logical and emotionless. I dunno, it's weird. I don't like how he's arguing for survival based on his role rather than on his alignment.

How have I still got 2 more pages of this? Godammit, I need a break.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Hal Incandenza posted:

Grid, sure. There is a lot around SNG besides just the posting though. Weird defense of him by you

It’s a perfectly cogent assessment. Illogical choice of words by you.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

This is why I dislike Hal posting about mafia. Where are the posts about airports or not being able to post?

Amnistar posted:

If SnG flips town, Hawke is one of the people I'm looking into.

Chain-omgusing is anti-town.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

I’d ##vote toal

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

This is why I dislike Hal posting about mafia. Where are the posts about airports or not being able to post?

Chain-omgusing is anti-town.

COVID has really changed the world of mafia for me

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

I’d ##vote toal

I forgot to credit Taste for joining the vote earlier too, but unfortunately I think it is gonna have to wait

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Scientastic posted:

I have absolutely no interest in voting SNG, I don’t buy him as scum, I think this is a loving terrible execution based on lovely reasoning and bad assumptions

I think this is pretty much where I stand.

Epsilon Plus posted:

I don't want to vote SNG because I think he's town, albeit very awkward town. I get the feeling Gaspy is town, but at an almost Krellian level of shitposting. Let me do a quick reread of some stuff.

I'm also now remembering Krell purposefully throwing a game as town, and while I don't think Gaspy is an rear end in a top hat like that I did a quick reread of just Gaspy's posts and I'm seeing someone who's reluctant to post their actual feelings and is doing a lot of snarky horseshit

##vote Gaspy for not giving me the loving maxims

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Scum is probably gonna get their wish, and I'm gonna be mislunched and flipped soon, so hopefully this helps.

I'm sorry that I've been the center of attention today, and hopefully you can all breathe and get to make some real cases in the near future, since you were apparently unable to case anyone because of my posting :nallears:

Here are all my reads.

Town:

Gaspy- Organized and methodical, actively scumhunting, on the watch for scumslips and relations between players
Toal- My hardest choice, cause they are voting me, but I believe they are town laboring under the impression the only way forward is to remove me. but as they refuse to case other people yet, im worried they may be scummy as well. so I'm cautiously putting them here.
Taste- Is acting the way they normally do as town. annoyingly.
Epsilon- seems to be even keeled and though the masonry was unconfirmed, I have a gut feeling they are town based on their reactions, and pressure on multiple people for info
Scientastic-Actually making cases other than just riding the coattails of other people, also was critical of me since D1, and realized they could still make other cases too! what a concept.
Hambeet- Acting the way they have in town games before, seems methodical, and is applying multiple pressure fronts.
rarity- Im suspicious of some of their posting, but they seem really upfront, but theres been multiple cases regarding their interactions with gaspy and im left at kind of a loss. so leaning town instead of null.

Null:

Hawke-lurker not enough info
Hal-lurker! not enough info

Scum:

Tpink- see my case on them from before
Amnistar- see my case on them from before, and literally the fact their whole game is based on me apparently.
Sandwolf - see my case from before
Gridlock- Same as D1, even if they arent voting for me they are still scummy as hell. its a travesty no one else has cased them since D1(I would but Id just be parroting rarity from D1)
Bif- Your votes have been very conditional and weak, thats why noone agreed with you, and this opportunistic vote? yeah it moves you down from null vote.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

sandnavyguy posted:

Bif- Your votes have been very conditional and weak, thats why noone agreed with you, and this opportunistic vote? yeah it moves you down from null vote.

First of all, what's this "conditional" poo poo and second of all, how was I at null before

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

First of all, what's this "conditional" poo poo and second of all, how was I at null before

you were null because after the radio silence post your fight with hambeet, you were previously at town. Aside from the fixation on toal you havent posted much at all D2 and IMO You hadn't been outright scummy until the opportunistic vote. and right now most of my scum reads are voting me anyway, and omgus doesnt concern me as a concept at this point.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok diving back into the rest of SNG. This posting is getting really erratic now and I can't really make sense of it. SNG is not good at explaining himself clearly. He restates the tpink case and I still don't get it. He's now getting more resigned to being lynched today and yet he still doesn't stop posting. I really don't like how Amni is still pushing the idea that SNG's not casing anyone cause like, he has? He's dropped a few big effortposts on D2 by this point. It really feels like SNG gave up when he first claimed jailer and has spent the rest of his time expecting us to lynch him and that's where all the defensiveness is coming from. The vibe I get is that he hasn't learned the kinda aggressive scum hunting play that would get him out of this situation. SNG's right, the number of people saying 'I'm not gonna bother casing anyone else until you're gone' is messed up. If any of you are town then you're actively damaging our game. Deadline approaches and again SNG's frustration feels genuine.

sandnavyguy posted:

The tone isn’t the issue, it’s the fact that your responses are stilted to undermine me. Which you wouldn’t feel the need to do unless you were desperate to get rid of me.

And why would you be desperate to get rid of me even as I’m vote leader? Because you’re concerned that as a RB protective PR, I’m a danger, but if you guys NK me it throws your previous statement about me being a NK target into disarray. So scum doesn’t want to run the risk of me making it another night and screwing their plans.

Again, I don't understand what he's trying to say here at all. SNG's reaction to Bif's vote is very OMGUSy. Much more than the other votes on him. And now I'm all caught up.

sandnavyguy posted:

you were null because after the radio silence post your fight with hambeet, you were previously at town. Aside from the fixation on toal you havent posted much at all D2 and IMO You hadn't been outright scummy until the opportunistic vote. and right now most of my scum reads are voting me anyway, and omgus doesnt concern me as a concept at this point.

I get the feeling SNG's just done with this poo poo and will OMGUS anyone who votes him now. I don't think that's a scum tell or a town tell, it's an 'I'm fed up and you all suck' tell.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok having now gone through all of that my take on SNG is that there's definitely some things I don't like but there's also a fair amount of crap in the cases on him and I think the rest of it is based on SNG's inexperience and poor writing style. I get the impression we're not in danger of no lynching tonight so I'm keeping my vote on Gaspy as he is my strongest scum read and I'd like him to remain a viable alternative for the day. I'm off to bed, goodnight folks.

Oh, and I'm sorry to anyone who ends up having to read my entire post history during this game :negative:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Votecount for Day 2

sandnavyguy (5): Amnistar, Asphyxious, Sandwolf, Bifauxnen, Asphyxious, tpink, Toalpaz, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
Asphyxious (3): Scientastic, Rarity, Epsilon Plus
Sandwolf (2): Asphyxious, sandnavyguy
Toalpaz (2): Bifauxnen, Rarity, Bifauxnen, Rarity, Asphyxious, Bifauxnen, Asphyxious, t a s t e, Bifauxnen, SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Rarity (0): SHALASHASKA HAWKE, t a s t e, t a s t e, SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Gridlocked (0): sandnavyguy, sandnavyguy
tpink (0): sandnavyguy, sandnavyguy
t a s t e (0): SHALASHASKA HAWKE, SHALASHASKA HAWKE

Not Voting (3): Gridlocked, Hal Incandenza, hambeet

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 24th, 2020 at 10 a.m. AEST -- that's in about 1 hour, 21 minutes.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
SNG for a better tomorrow. As I said, my vote stays where it is, and I really hope we avoid a no-lynch.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

sandnavyguy (5): Amnistar, Asphyxious, Sandwolf, Bifauxnen, Asphyxious, tpink, Toalpaz, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
Asphyxious (3): Scientastic, Rarity, Epsilon Plus
Sandwolf (2): Asphyxious, sandnavyguy
Toalpaz (2): Bifauxnen, Rarity, Bifauxnen, Rarity, Asphyxious, Bifauxnen, Asphyxious, t a s t e, Bifauxnen, SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Rarity (0): SHALASHASKA HAWKE, t a s t e, t a s t e, SHALASHASKA HAWKE

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 24th, 2020 at 10 a.m. AEST -- that's in about 1 hour, 14 minutes.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Rarity posted:

*snip*

Ok hang on a minute this goes completely opposite to what you said above. Or did that first quote mean lynch instead of NK? Let me go back and check. Oh wait yeah the context of that quote is talking about the D1 lynch. IGNORE THAT POINT I MADE EARLIER THEN I'M DUMB.

*snip*

I guess your backspace key is broken?

This really stuck out to me. It’s something I’ve done as scum (and seen others do.)To try make it look like I’m fallible, that I don’t have perfect information, that I’m town. Doing it in the same post instead of a separate post though just looks fake though and why it stuck out. Like, just fix it up lol. No one will know.

Oh look I made a mistake and I’m owning it, aren’t I reasonable?

Also leaving it this late in the day to decide to give sng a solid read though?

I can hypothesise sng being town, scum knowing that they can leave him to occupy tomorrow and so have some of their team try push onto another townie while it’s late in the day.

So no, I’m not going to vote gaspy, because this really looks like he is the scum teams ‘other choice’.

I would vote rarity, because I’m increasingly suspect of their play and think it’s likely they’re scum. Like, they can be bothered to read all of sandwolf and sng, but can’t be bothered to add anything further to their case on gaspy (which I think amounts to drilling down on a lame gotcha that he already redacted?) So all that effort rereading sandwolf and sng to say who they don’t want to vote and gently caress all for the person that they do.

##vote rarity to show this is serious mum.

I would also vote sng to avoid a no lunch and because the people who are equivocating on lunching him seem to forget that the info we’ve got from the people making cases for or against lunching sng is useless until we see his flip. And he’s just going to steal thread oxygen by existing tomorrow.

I’m increasingly suss on amni’s play here. Would vote. It’s more hands off the wheel compared to the food mafia recently where he did seem to be coming in harder for his beliefs when town.

I’ve cooled on Bif, they’re definitely not going in as hard as they normally would (even against me on day 1) but that makes me think they’re not arguing from a position of knowledge and therefore less likely to be scum.

Bif also has me increasingly aware of toal, something’s a bit off there but I want to see more toal posting because when they’re good they’re good.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

votefinder posted:

Some strage bedfellows in this part of the VF

Oh there's Beet though

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Also another point, I find sng spending the majority of their effort on why we shouldn’t lynch them to definitely be suspect in its own right. The arguments he makes aren’t the best, with the exception of the thing he said about binus earlier today (which I think I also commented on). And the meta defence of themself playing cautiously when we saw the opposite of that in food mafia (I think someone already pointed that out though).

So I’d vote him quite happily. I just don’t like whatever this is that rarity is doing.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Gaspy you haven’t really responded at all to the votes...?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

sandnavyguy posted:

Gaspy you haven’t really responded at all to the votes...?

Yeah don't hold your breath on that one

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

And gaspy if you are town can you use your new found excitement to explain your cases more. The auspol players might get it, but the others don’t.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Well it won’t change much but maybe this will get their attention.

##vote Asphyxious

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yeah wow sng, can you highlight where you’ve been suspect on gaspy?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Oh yeah that’s right, you haven’t. In fact:

sandnavyguy posted:

*snip*
Here are all my reads.

Town:

Gaspy- Organized and methodical, actively scumhunting, on the watch for scumslips and relations between players
*snip*

Why vote for your town read sng? Seems risky for such a cautious player.

##vote sng

Pure opportunist play.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I’m not Hambeet, I’m trying to force gaspys hand. My entire town read of them is based on their methodical posts and attention to detail. Especially after basically lurking all of day1. Now, for 6 hours leading up to deadline, with no posts? No witty retorts to the accusations?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

And of course it’s opportunistic. I don’t want a NL. We are in less than an hour from deadline, and you already said you’d vote me.

But if gaspy doesn’t get In here and post, they aren’t very town now are they?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

sandnavyguy posted:

I’m not Hambeet, I’m trying to force gaspys hand. My entire town read of them is based on their methodical posts and attention to detail. Especially after basically lurking all of day1. Now, for 6 hours leading up to deadline, with no posts? No witty retorts to the accusations?

Because it’s 9:20am here and it’s his day off work.

This is sheer opportunistic play. you’re contradicting your own reads and your own self described meta play style.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
the problem with this logic is that putting them at -4 an hour before deadline isn't exactly scary

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

At the end of the day Hambeet, I *know* I’m town. Confirmed to myself. Gaspy isn’t. So between me and them? I’ll happily take out a potential scum or bad playing townie. Cause not posting is ridiculous right now. Gaspy, post some sort of defense or hammer me home but don’t sit on the sidelines and be all “see I said he was town” when I flip.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

sandnavyguy posted:

And of course it’s opportunistic. I don’t want a NL. We are in less than an hour from deadline, and you already said you’d vote me.

But if gaspy doesn’t get In here and post, they aren’t very town now are they?

Lmao. Not everyone is on your timezone and setting up traps for people like this is bad town play.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Epsilon Plus posted:

the problem with this logic is that putting them at -4 an hour before deadline isn't exactly scary

Look it’s the only tool I got, or wait til everyone hops over anyway. I think they are town, and -4 isn’t gonna kill them. But they need to act or yes, they should be gone.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Votecount for Day 2

sandnavyguy (6): Amnistar, Asphyxious, Sandwolf, Bifauxnen, Asphyxious, tpink, Toalpaz, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, hambeet
Asphyxious (4): Scientastic, Rarity, Epsilon Plus, sandnavyguy
Sandwolf (1): Asphyxious, sandnavyguy, sandnavyguy
Rarity (0): SHALASHASKA HAWKE, t a s t e, t a s t e, SHALASHASKA HAWKE, hambeet, hambeet

Not Voting (2): Gridlocked, Hal Incandenza

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 24th, 2020 at 10 a.m. AEST -- that's in about 33 minutes.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

SNG shut up about gaspy

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Mr. Humalong posted:

Votecount for Day 2

sandnavyguy (6): Amnistar, Asphyxious, Sandwolf, Bifauxnen, Asphyxious, tpink, Toalpaz, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, hambeet
Asphyxious (4): Scientastic, Rarity, Epsilon Plus, sandnavyguy
Sandwolf (1): Asphyxious, sandnavyguy, sandnavyguy
Rarity (0): SHALASHASKA HAWKE, t a s t e, t a s t e, SHALASHASKA HAWKE, hambeet, hambeet

Not Voting (2): Gridlocked, Hal Incandenza

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 24th, 2020 at 10 a.m. AEST -- that's in about 33 minutes.

spooky

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

And im at work til 9 tonight and posting in lulls at work. Everyone has time zones. But I’m here. When I wasn’t before? You all said I was lurking and being opportunistic responding to call outs. Can’t have it both ways.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

SNG who is scum

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
I see the dead are rising and posting vote counts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

like who’s your top pick