Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

xbilkis posted:

What are the odds Roman gets the title at Payback
There's no fans left to rebel against Vince's booking so I'm assuming this is what unfiltered Vince looks like who no longer has to worry about anyone hijacking the show or booing his babyfaces

He'll win it tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

The good news is if you missed the PPV this week, there's another one next week!

Look, I know Saturday Night Dynamite was good, but you shouldn't really call Thursday Night Dynamite a pay per view because you have to pay for outside of the United States or Canada.

Oh, wait, you don't mean?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

quote:

Roman Reigns returned immediately and beat down both The Fiend and Braun with ease, made fun of them for being losers, and held up the title to end the show.

The Big Dog is 100% correct

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I know it's old news now for here but no Takeover thread and SummerSlam getting to 13 pages is crazy from even a few years ago. No one even wants to hate watch.

I used to watch because I liked it, then I used to watch just to poo poo post in the live threads. I don’t know if I’d call it hate watching, but yeah most of it was joking at how bad it was. This was like during the height of the endless Roman Reigns overpush and Steph as authority figure so it was a one-two punch of terrible. But the product gradually became so boring and abrasive at the same time that even watching to shitpost wasn’t any fun anymore; just became a chore to watch.

All power to you folks who still watch and eke some enjoyment out of it, but at this point I basically get all I need of WWE from reading the discussion thread and occasionally peeking at the GDTs.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

xbilkis posted:

What are the odds Roman gets the title at Payback

Like they're not gonna drag it to Mania

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
So did The Group Known As Retribution, notorious for disrupting WWE programming, simply not think to disrupt WWE's second most important program of the year?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Sugar Blaster posted:

So did The Group Known As Retribution, notorious for disrupting WWE programming, simply not think to disrupt WWE's second most important program of the year?

They brokered a peace in exchange for WWE airing a video package about them

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I know it's old news now for here but no Takeover thread and SummerSlam getting to 13 pages is crazy from even a few years ago. No one even wants to hate watch.

I definitely would have lost a bet if you asked me two years ago, hell even last year, to bet on which would fail to get a thread first, a Takeover or a main-roster PPV. It's insane how fast HHH made people not care about NXT anymore

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i mean ultimately its vince and them moving nxt to a live weekly product, which resulted in them doing week to week poo poo instead of filming in large blocks and letting a coherent story play out over time. plus theres an actual real alternative now, instead of doing the weird game some fans did where they tried to pretend nxt wasn't wwe. the fact that seemingly every single nxt callup just eats absolute poo poo on the main roster probably also hurt people's interest in wanting to invest in the product.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Intruder posted:

Like they're not gonna drag it to Mania

He wins it this week or Payback, then loses it at the Royal Rumble, then wins the Royal Rumble, then wins it again at 'Mania.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

JOHN CENA posted:

the fact that seemingly every single nxt callup just eats absolute poo poo on the main roster probably also hurt people's interest in wanting to invest in the product.

Which reminds me... Keith Lee will be on Raw tomorrow!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Roman is a loving star, love that guy.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

If I was Retribution, I would simply quit WWE and work for a better company.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Chris James 2 posted:

I definitely would have lost a bet if you asked me two years ago, hell even last year, to bet on which would fail to get a thread first, a Takeover or a main-roster PPV. It's insane how fast HHH made people not care about NXT anymore
I would almost prefer NXT's weekly TV to be squash matches and lesser-used talent with occasional matches from top-tier talent like AEW Dark because the old Takeover format where there's only 4-6 matches but every single one matters AND are usually all close to Match of the Year contenders was a much better format.

Everyone in NXT became just another wrestler so fast after the move to Live 2-Hour NXTs. I don't care at all about anyone on the roster anymore, the matches are all the WWE in-house style now which doesn't even make them worth watching, and Takeover have lost their luster as Must-Watch shows because it's the same people who have been wrestling every single week for months between Takeovers.

NXT isn't even nearly as good as first-hour Nitro used to be where they'd put all the Luchadores and midcarders on and just let them go hog wild to fill time.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BQlL4FH_ko

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

RealFoxy posted:

There's no fans left to rebel against Vince's booking so I'm assuming this is what unfiltered Vince looks like who no longer has to worry about anyone hijacking the show or booing his babyfaces

He'll win it tomorrow.

The problem is that people seem like they'd be kind of into Roman winning it now, so obviously he needs to chase it for two months.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
So, Roman came back, and maybe he’s a heel? I’d strap him up ASAP just as a change of pace to these boring shows.

I’d also build a babyface to win the rumble and beat Roman, but maybe that’s asking too much.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
I just want to point out that Bray Wyatt/The Fiend seems to be having a face turn, but in a way that completely undercuts any of the supernatural weirdness that made him interesting in the first place.

Will they build Bray's mystique back up next Smackdown? Probably not.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

NienNunb posted:

Roman is a loving star, love that guy.

agree, wish he was utilized more intelligently and they'd let go of the leash so this big dog can run

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

quote:

Roman Reigns returned immediately and beat down both The Fiend and Braun with ease, made fun of them for being losers, and held up the title to end the show.

I don't know why people are calling this a heel turn, beating up those geeks is the most babyface thing Roman has done in years

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Benne posted:

I don't know why people are calling this a heel turn, beating up those geeks is the most babyface thing Roman has done in years

this was my take

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Asuka describes how to take a bump:

https://twitter.com/WWEAsuka/status/1297751815237369858

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
if romans push is wwe attempting to do what dominos did and admit that their pizza was really lovely for a long time so that when they mildly improved it people were more impressed, bc they showed their rear end a little, then, well, tony khan better be looking out behind him for that booker of the year award

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Benne posted:

Yeah, weren't Braun and Bray both heel? Is everyone a heel? Can you turn heel by attacking a guy who turned heel by assaulting a woman who the other heel assaulted to get to you?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

shiksa posted:

if romans push is wwe attempting to do what dominos did and admit that their pizza was really lovely for a long time so that when they mildly improved it people were more impressed, bc they showed their rear end a little, then, well, tony khan better be looking out behind him for that booker of the year award

Those ads always reminded me of an episode of the old Conan O'Brien late late night show where he just went wondering around a college campus late at night, bumped into a student who got super excited and took him back to his dorm and woke up his roommate to tell him,"I got Conan O'Brien with me!" which lead to the following exchange:

Sleepy Student: Conan O'Brien? Doesn't his show suck?
Conan: No... well, yeah it did. Not anymore though I hope!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Sugar Blaster posted:

It depends if Roman is their leader or not.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Endless Mike posted:

If I was Retribution, I would simply quit WWE and work for a better company.

they keep advertising you on tv and talking about you on social media even when you aren't there so why bother

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Power Windows posted:

Very sad about this. Daria is a really cool person, and it's been heartening to have an out lesbian in the world's biggest wrestling promotion (even if it is WWE). She was criminally underused and not really allowed to develop further, but, well...it's WWE.

Tegan Nox recently came out when she posted she was dating a woman. I'm glad that more people are feeling free to do this and not fearing backlash.

Codependent Poster fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Aug 24, 2020

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Ah, the Kota Ibushi method

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/SummerSlam/status/1297756311241842698

So she's coming back eventually as not-Sonya

Codependent Poster posted:

Tegan Nox has recently came out when she posted she was dating a woman. I'm glad that more people are feeling free to do this and not fearing backlash.

:agreed: completely

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

like at this point im just numb to a lot of things wwe does because i expect them to be garbage but them taking the proposed original angle sonya and mandy wanted to do and pitched and just handing it to liv morgan and lana and jettisoning it immediately just felt especially mean spirited and pointless

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Why did no one talk about how Zelina Vega was Overwatch's Sombra which might be the only thing worth knowing about this entire show

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

because nobody watched the show, op

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

StarkRavingMad posted:

Ah, the Kota Ibushi method

Fear not friends I have blocked the damage with my neck and spine!

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Benne posted:

Roman actually looked pretty cool tonight, aside from the bad camera work exposing his chairshots. But while it's good that he wasn't wearing his stupid chest protector, it is hilarious that he was wearing a new t-shirt which explicitly describes what he did in his return. Like, he planned out his surprise beatdown return to the point that he had new merch printed up to match it. lol

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

According to Alvarez someone else is supposed to come back soon. If it's Sami I'm gonna start wondering if WWE hasn't put their foot down on people sitting out the pandemic.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

DeepDickPizza posted:

Roman actually looked pretty cool tonight, aside from the bad camera work exposing his chairshots. But while it's good that he wasn't wearing his stupid chest protector, it is hilarious that he was wearing a new t-shirt which explicitly describes what he did in his return. Like, he planned out his surprise beatdown return to the point that he had new merch printed up to match it. lol

leaving Roman aside:

That T-Shirt that he was wearing is purestrain WWE.
Something cool and good slips the net and accidentally gets made. (Stone Cold's Arrive Raise Hell Leave T-Shirt). WWE then tries to recreate that coolness, (Roman's new Arrive Wreck Everything Leave shirt) in increasingly lame and desperate ways, all the time wondering why it isn't working like it did before.)

Unrelatedly -Re: Talking Smack. I like The Miz, really I do. But jesus christ sometimes he makes it hard.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I still can't believe anyone sincerely likes Roman Reigns. He's middle of the road turned into a sports entertainer.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Lid posted:

Why did no one talk about how Zelina Vega was Overwatch's Sombra which might be the only thing worth knowing about this entire show

Kevin Dunn’s not the only hack!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
Givin' 'em COVID
Hiring rapists
Can't make the same mistake this time
We are the viewers
The last generation
We are the ones they left behind
And I wonder if things are ever gonna change
Putting over The Fiend, then pushing Roman Reigns
We don't need another hero
We just need to see McMahon croak
All we want is life beyond the Thunderdome

Hopkins FBI fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Aug 24, 2020