Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
lol that rascal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

Renfield posted:

This sounds very familiar - I've recently been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder (and we're looking in to medication options); that took 8 hours of being shut in a small room in the hospital for every kind of test you can think of.

Talk to your GP about this, if it's a big chance in your behaviour, there might be something they can do you for.

Hahahahaha

Last time I did that I had to cry in front of him to get a referral to mental health services

Then they sent me a questionnaire and I was too anxious that I was wasting everyone's time to fill it in

My daily life is not impacted by anxiety, I'm pretty high functioning with it. It's long term that's poo poo.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

I crashed and burned hard when I tried to make a docs appointment, they wouldn't let me off the phone because I admitted to to considering suicide. I got a mental health referral and assessment in the same day. Stuck me on diazapam and had multiple phone assessments and stuff in the next couple days.
I'm now in week four of antidepressants and I'm feeling much better. Still not 100% but I'm getting there.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

bozza please confirm https://twitter.com/GarethDennis/status/1297841129761787906

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Salisbury Snape posted:

I crashed and burned hard when I tried to make a docs appointment, they wouldn't let me off the phone because I admitted to to considering suicide. I got a mental health referral and assessment in the same day. Stuck me on diazapam and had multiple phone assessments and stuff in the next couple days.
I'm now in week four of antidepressants and I'm feeling much better. Still not 100% but I'm getting there.

Oh hey, you’re me from 2 years ago. I got diazipam too, I had one and fell asleep for 5 hours in the middle of the day.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Benzos are one of those things that hit some people much harder than others.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Never again will o take benzos. Got given a course for 3 days on my nervous breakdown and it felt like I was trapped inside my body. It stopped the anxiety and mania but my brain was still going overtime. It was living hell.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Solefald posted:

Never again will o take benzos. Got given a course for 3 days on my nervous breakdown and it felt like I was trapped inside my body. It stopped the anxiety and mania but my brain was still going overtime. It was living hell.

I felt like this. I had a 2 week course while they decided on what anti d's to put me on.
Made me very dizzy and spaced out.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Did bows and arrows

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Did you bag a peasant?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

don't encourage him

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Im about to sit in a Welsh field and look for bats

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Good luck. It's a drizzly one.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

I have some bats living in the hedge on the back of my garden. Probably 8 or so.
Cool little things, fudge knows what species though.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Common pipistrelle, because it's always pips

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Solefald posted:

Was given a xanax to fly with, because my head has a tendency to spin out on takeoff (if I have a window seat it turns out I can control it if I can see land which is enough to convince my brain that we're not suddenly upside down or something). Hahaha no never again, sounds like we react in the same way.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Entirely probable, but also maybe not. There are 13 of the 17 UK species in my area apparently.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

sit in my garden and look for me pls ratty

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Ratjaculation posted:

Im about to sit in a Welsh field and look for bats

That seems an awfully low-tech way of doing it. Don't we have, I dunno, bat-detecting drones or something? It is 2020, after all.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Pistol_Pete posted:

Don't we have, I dunno, bat-detecting drones or something?

Yeah he posted in this thread to say he's gonna sit in a field all night.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Was given a xanax to fly with, because my head has a tendency to spin out on takeoff (if I have a window seat it turns out I can control it if I can see land which is enough to convince my brain that we're not suddenly upside down or something). Hahaha no never again, sounds like we react in the same way.

Pilot sounds like it was an awful career choice for you.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Pistol_Pete posted:

That seems an awfully low-tech way of doing it. Don't we have, I dunno, bat-detecting drones or something? It is 2020, after all.

Oh I have a couple grand worth of recording gear here, but you also need to visually assess if they are using a specific roost

You can't cram a camera in there as you legally can't disturb bats,even if it's only a suspected roost.

Also a pigeon shat on me

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Also shhhh I need the work

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the pigeons pay you for that?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Pilot sounds like it was an awful career choice for you.

A bad choice for me, a bad choice for the hundreds of my passengers.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

hot butter gun. just invented it. Like a glue gun but you shove frozen shafts of butter in the back and pour out lovely melted butter.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Funny isn't it how many smokers these days are all, yeah I've always enjoyed the outside. Sitting there. It's a real shame I'm a kind of more connected to my human existence kind of person than you are because you want to sit inside.

Oh. I can smoke inside? Yeah let's go.

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

It's 4 am and the rain is beating against my windows deliciously

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

As long as you're sure it's the rain

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

taff returning to the old ways

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

i was working this morning in the rain near chester and it was very fun

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

adequate bats?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Ratjaculation posted:

i was working this morning in the rain near chester and it was very fun

Aquabats?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/DinosaurTri_x/status/1298178486063058945

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010
What are the 'I'm against child grooming gangs' colours?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

hockey jockey posted:

To them? all the colours but brown

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I think that unless a train was carrying explicit messages of support for child grooming gangs then you could consider it to be anti that sort of thing.

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

Ratjaculation posted:

To them? all the colours but brown

See, I knew there was a perfect answer to that question but I couldn't work it out.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I think that unless a train was carrying explicit messages of support for child grooming gangs then you could consider it to be anti that sort of thing.

I feel like we will live to see the days when anyone not wearing colours to show they are against all crimes will be assumed to endorse those crimes and beaten to death in Asda.

Positives to coronavirus- some people will die before that day and those left will be too weakened to lay down any serious beatings.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

look is it so much to ask that you list everything you're against and in favour of every time you introduce yourself

for: anchovies, haribo maoams
against: coastal erosion, anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hockey jockey posted:

https://twitter.com/aceplym/status/1298184461100752896

blue and yellow and grey - the more personal touch