Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
I can’t find a good picture of it but definitely Chris Dudley getting dunked to death by Shaq and then impotently throwing the ball at him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

A fine choice!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

JackBandit posted:

I can’t find a good picture of it but definitely Chris Dudley getting dunked to death by Shaq and then impotently throwing the ball at him

Chris Dudley would like to speak to your manager.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Lockback posted:

It's really hard to mentally picture anything other than this picture for "Bitch-rear end White Boy"

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I guess bob would be able to play today https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1297881347403522051?s=19

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
is Paul George gonna be the Shaun Bradley Monstar in the Space Jam reboot that doesn't score any points

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Dexo posted:

Who the gently caress goes to reddit, much less r/nba

I'm permabanned from r/nba for a single post calling someone a dumbass

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

y'all are bitch rear end white boys? i just assumed everyone in this thread was a latino struggling with depression who cares a lot about the nba draft and left wing politics

"we will also accept phil jackson or a hologram of red auerbach hooked up to skynet"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

From that shame article for the next sixers coach

Keep an eye on the following potential coaching candidates, according to sources: 76ers assistant Ime Udoka, Clippers assistant Ty Lue, Villanova’s Jay Wright, and former Grizzlies and Kings coach Dave Joerger.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’d go hard for Lue personally

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

i like joerger but i'm pretty sure he'd just burn out in philly if they don't restructure the team significantly

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Who wants to give FVV max money? From that same Shams piece:

quote:

And on the court, expect a strong market for the free-agent-to-be: Detroit, New York and Phoenix are expected to emerge as suitors for VanVleet outside Toronto, sources said.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Does FVV only have 4 years ? That’s not a huge max esp if it is 3+1

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

euphronius posted:

From that shame article for the next sixers coach

Keep an eye on the following potential coaching candidates, according to sources: 76ers assistant Ime Udoka, Clippers assistant Ty Lue, Villanova’s Jay Wright, and former Grizzlies and Kings coach Dave Joerger.

If they hire Lue, prepare for a month where 50% of NBA content is re: Embiid trades.

I'd like Joerger though and, speaking of content, the reactions would be amazing after he benches Simmons for the first time for not shooting a wide open 3.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

euphronius posted:

Does FVV only have 4 years ? That’s not a huge max esp if it is 3+1

He can get up to 25% of the cap, whatever the hell that'll be next year

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Why would lue mean embiid trades??

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

morestuff posted:

Who wants to give FVV max money? From that same Shams piece:

phoenix and detroit make the most sense but i would think that toronto would be backing up the money truck to keep fred in toronto, especially after the year he's had and how successful they've been centering the team on him and siakam

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I think Jay Wright would be a good NBA coach but you'd have to give him a shitload of money to consider leaving one of the best college situations for the mess Philly has right now

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Declan MacManus posted:

phoenix and detroit make the most sense but i would think that toronto would be backing up the money truck to keep fred in toronto, especially after the year he's had and how successful they've been centering the team on him and siakam

It'll definitely be interesting to see how they play it. I can obviously see them keeping him around, but if anyone in the league should feel confident they can find a cheaper replacement it's Masai

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
The Knicks are desperate for a PG, I could see them giving him way too much money

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

euphronius posted:

Why would lue mean embiid trades??
He's a Klutch guy. Hiring him would be essentially anointing Simmons as the team's guy.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Senator Drinksalot posted:

The Knicks are desperate for a PG, I could see them giving him way too much money

the knicks are perpetually in a position where they could do something but they really really shouldn't and then they usually do the thing anyway and it blows up

having just traded an unhappy zing and managing to offload that awful thj contract, they will now offer fvv a similar contract and it will work out just as poorly

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

I thought the Knicks were keeping their powder dry for the big FA bonanza next year

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

morestuff posted:

I thought the Knicks were keeping their powder dry for the big FA bonanza next year

No they are going to trade all the bad players their fans don't like for Mitchell, a thing the Jazz will agree to because he's from New York, I guess?

I actually think FVV would be a pretty decent signing for them.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Declan MacManus posted:

IIRC if the Raptors go over 20 millionish per year they won't be able to carve out a max slot next summer which they've been angling to do for a while.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I can’t believe the Mavericks won after being down 21 without KP and still a year away from getting Giannis in free agency

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Democratic Pirate posted:

I can’t believe the Mavericks won after being down 21 without KP and still a year away from getting Giannis in free agency

mark cuban's gonna get his guy!

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

MourningView posted:

I actually think FVV would be a pretty decent signing for them.

I guess they can max him and still have enough cap space for two other big-money guys. They've got basically no one on the roster moving forward

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Van Vleet going to the Knicks would be so depressing.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Declan MacManus posted:

Is there a world where the Raptors max Van Vleet and trade Lowry? I find it hard to imagine the Raptors trading Lowry without Lowry's consent, but given the one year extension Lowry signed last offseason I can also see him being willing to move on.

e: of course this all substantially depends on how the rest of the playoffs go.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/BronAndBrow/status/1297761831960772609?s=20

lmao

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

BWV posted:

PYF bitch rear end white boy.

Mine is Luke Ridnour.

Jason Smith.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Democratic Pirate posted:

Pardon me, just going to go and imagine this for a second

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Hand Knit posted:

Is there a world where the Raptors max Van Vleet and trade Lowry? I find it hard to imagine the Raptors trading Lowry without Lowry's consent, but given the one year extension Lowry signed last offseason I can also see him being willing to move on.

Why wouldn't they just keep Lowry for a final year?

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Hand Knit posted:

lowry isn’t slowing down but he’s also 34 and has a ring and pretty much nothing left to prove even as the guy with the biggest chip on his shoulder in the nba, and another deep playoff run this season (maybe even a ring depending on how things shake out) might be enough to convince him to hang it up after 15 seasons without the need to trade him

plus who knows how the next year is going to shake out

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I remember seeing someone suggest that actually using variations on 'bitch' to suggest someone is less manly or whatevs is pretty crappy, and I guess I kinda agree with that take

my fav white boy is Ricky tho

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Ricky Rubio is of strong, Moorish descent. In this essay,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

This owns