Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

*looks at posts* c u l8r, cucklords

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

cuck is the dumbest sounding word

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

akadajet posted:

cuck is the dumbest sounding word

Math

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

cuck and bawls

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Devonaut posted:

cuck and bawls

mods

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

maths*

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

- elon musk

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
sir this is the yospos games thread

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i played new vegas a whole bunch of times but usually i like melee or unarmed builds. playing through now with full agility and luck, trying to do all combat with pistols in vats. pretty good fun.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

as if I needed more proof that reddit posters are pedophiles

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I like the word cuck insofar as it’s a useful litmus test to see if someone is complete irredeemable garbage

President Beep posted:

depending on the context i treat “liberty” and “tyranny” similarly.

cuck
sjw
liberty
freedom
"why should my taxes..."

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwZHioVec3c

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
life during playtime

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Achmed Jones posted:

what's wrong with "kompromat"? I only heard it when folks were talking about russia having it on trump re: the piss tape

yeah, i don't see the problem with this either, it's actually a real thing and a very acknowledged tactic and explains a shitload of behavior

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
hashtag the resistance shitheads ruined it forever, along with centrists who would rather say “russia pulls the strings in american politics” instead of acknowledging the deep flaws in the system and hosed up culture that produced it

no one ever really talks about it otherwise

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
you're not wrong but i'd argue that applies to pretty much every big problem we have

why address it when you can roll it into some easily-dismissable predigested responses?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

psiox posted:

you're not wrong but i'd argue that applies to pretty much every big problem we have
it’s true, the architects, purveyors and mendicant defenders of every big problem we have, do tend to use specific slang and jargon that shows their entire clown coward asses. know the signs

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNyR2yAlv_8

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Uptime Sinclair posted:

it’s true, the architects, purveyors and mendicant defenders of every big problem we have, do tend to use specific slang and jargon that shows their entire clown coward asses. know the signs

not in terms of jargon but in terms of us as a culture always finding ways to minimize something

i don't think the jargon is the root is what i'm trying and failing to say

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

that said this is a james thread. i haven’t been playing much lately besides ports from better platforms/consoles, on ios.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
name 'n' shame the jame[s]

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Uptime Sinclair posted:

that said this is a james thread. i haven’t been playing much lately besides ports from better platforms/consoles, on ios.

this describes most of the games on my phone too. it's really unfortunate what happened to mobile gaming. everyone having a powerful, gaming-capable pocket computer on them at all times could have been cool but the way the market shook out you basically get three types of games

- f2p gacha nightmares
- ports of old console/pc games, covered in virtual gamepad buttons, often buggy and poorly-supported
- polished, unique, thoughtfully-presented indie games designed with great care specifically for touchscreens (two of these a year tops)

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

The Dragon Quest games are really good on phones. Turn-based combat with commands chosen by touch input and the overworld is super simple d-pad + single button stuff with touch menus. Those games got me through many a toilet break in the ye olde days when people still worked in offices.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

psiox posted:

name 'n' shame the jame[s]
why not, bearing in mind i tend to bt connect a ps4 controller for the actiony ones

ace attorney dual destinies
banner saga
dandara
death road to canada
hyper light drifter
monument valley 2
oddmar
severed
wayward souls

some more than others but that’s what’s installed for now

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Cat Machine posted:

The Dragon Quest games are really good on phones. Turn-based combat with commands chosen by touch input and the overworld is super simple d-pad + single button stuff with touch menus. Those games got me through many a toilet break in the ye olde days when people still worked in offices.
i also have dragon quest 4 but haven’t installed/started it yet

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
been really tempted by the phoenix wright games lately, might have to pull the trigger on the switch collection

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

psiox posted:

been really tempted by the phoenix wright games lately, might have to pull the trigger on the switch collection
make sure whatever edition it is lets you skip text because at least the original three have incredibly slow text scroll by default. dual destinies and spirit of justice at least have this option

the first and third games are the best from pre-dd, from having played the first three and from what i hear of the rest

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

MS Flight Sim: I finally flew a complete successful flight from Frankfurt to Belgium and after landing, contacted the ground tower to taxi and let the AI co-pilot take over and the plane instantly face-planted. :negative:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Video Nasty posted:

MS Flight Sim: I finally flew a complete successful flight from Frankfurt to Belgium and after landing, contacted the ground tower to taxi and let the AI co-pilot take over and the plane instantly face-planted. :negative:
welcome to belgium, motherfucker

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

not going to watch due to ruining surprise but is it almost done

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Devonaut posted:

cuck and bawls

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

my stepdads beer posted:

not going to watch due to ruining surprise but is it almost done

eh. they overhauled the whole story they were going with several months ago. i have no idea how complete it is

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

ribbed for your pleasure

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Video Nasty posted:

the 787-max shouldn't even be simulated

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i wanna fly the john denver plane

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Roosevelt posted:

eh. they overhauled the whole story they were going with several months ago. i have no idea how complete it is

time to drink away the memory of the original and re-play it then

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

i played new vegas a whole bunch of times but usually i like melee or unarmed builds. playing through now with full agility and luck, trying to do all combat with pistols in vats. pretty good fun.

Always do luck 9 or 10 IMHO. After the first two games no stat is as important in combat.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

still enjoying playing NFS Heat every now and then, especially modding cars to make absolute spiteful affronts to all that is reasonable. wish EA would release some more content for it, quite irregular of them to not produce an endless stream of DLC for it

edit: from my dumb twitter

https://twitter.com/GarbageDotNet/status/1297151459859955714

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
hell ya Volvo 240

been playing risk of rain 2 since it's out of extended beta or whatever now and has a proper final level.

Kuvo fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Aug 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Uptime Sinclair posted:

why not, bearing in mind i tend to bt connect a ps4 controller for the actiony ones

ace attorney dual destinies
banner saga
dandara
death road to canada
hyper light drifter
monument valley 2
oddmar
severed
wayward souls

some more than others but that’s what’s installed for now

i can connect dual shock to iphobe? or ipade?