Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
I've been absent for SO LONG, but I'm thrilled to see everyone enjoying the mail exchange still.

Team lunch and Lamb, you've continued to send me stuff like freaking legends. I'm a terrible person for being so inactive, but I'm here now and in need of human contact so I'll be sending some stuff out over the next couple of weeks.

Throwing my address back into the mix:

Skels
415/3 Pymble Avenue
Pymble NSW 2073
Australia

My birthday is in November :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

The list has been updated!

I would like to support the USPS. Who here likes cats and would like some random cat stuff?

Peeches
May 25, 2018

lamb posted:

I would like to support the USPS. Who here likes cats and would like some random cat stuff?

Yay! I do! I just bought a book of stamps and I'm ready too!

shrimpwhiskers
Jan 9, 2019

tasty
I love cats and cat stuff!!! We have 2 orange boys, they're dummies and I love them.

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Cat stuff person here. I just lost my beautiful boy last month after 16 great years.

Got an amazing and much needed package from sharizard and a beautiful postcard from peeches.

Sorry for the bad capitalization. I had an IV this morning that bruised the poo poo out of my dominant hand.

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
I was digging through a forgotten pile of mail and found a birthday card from Keetron and a postcard from lamb! Thank you both!!
Edit: Keetron I thought you expected the card to arrive by my birthday! It came a little early, but my birthday is the 15th of this month so good timing!!

CeramicPig fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Aug 19, 2020

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Lamb, Sharizard and Zoesdare send me mail, I love it and it is so cool to receive messages from the other side of the world that actually involve paper, pen and effort!
Thank you all and I will be sending out more stuff this week as my zazzle return address stickers came in.
Check out zazzle.com for their offering! (not sponsored, just that their customer service was cool and the product is good) https://www.zazzle.com/s/return+address+stickers

cute little fucktoy posted:

My birthday is in November :)

Time is of no relevance.

Keetron fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Aug 20, 2020

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Keetron I am glad to see that the mail is still getting through. I keep worrying, especially about the international post.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008

lamb posted:

I also love cat stuff! I will download the new spreadsheet and mail more things!

Also my birthday is next week, the 29th! :toot:

kreyla fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Aug 22, 2020

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

I got goonmail! This time from Zoesdare, thanks! Should I send my reply to where you were in May? There was not a return address on your postcard.

I'm still not able to get the list to work on my machine. Searching the thread I was able to find a lamb address at a Park Ave address, is this where I should reply still lamb? I want to reply to the mail I'm getting.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

rear end-penny posted:

I got goonmail! This time from Zoesdare, thanks! Should I send my reply to where you were in May? There was not a return address on your postcard.

I'm still not able to get the list to work on my machine. Searching the thread I was able to find a lamb address at a Park Ave address, is this where I should reply still lamb? I want to reply to the mail I'm getting.

Yes, that's me. 31 Park Avenue. If you DM me your email address I can email you a copy of the list if you want.

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

I’m still at the same place as well. :)

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Sorry for the double post! Got some great stuff from Poo in an alleyway and Frontyard Ninja!

To all my US goons: I too feel the pain of not having a summer road trip. Unlike you, however, I also have a bunch of absolutely stupid postcards from the era of the Great American Road Trip that I hope got the people who designed them fired.

Because of these two things, I have just mailed out a round of postcards that commemorate things 70’s people thought were a good idea to mail pictures of to everyone. Please enjoy your image of motel, gas station, room in a museum, indecipherable sculpture, etc. I know it cannot fully make up for the road trip you are missing, but it can remind you what annoys you about them.

Zoesdare fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Aug 27, 2020

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Something went wrong here:

Everything alright, did I make a number mistake, whaddup?

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

lamb posted:

I got your letter and owe you one back! And of course I love cats! lol But you know that.

Is there any way to get my name updated to Dee P? I got divorced and my mail people get confused with the A now (versus the P)

TIA!

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

Oh my goodness, I just got a big bunch of mail from a bunch of different goons! The post office here must have been really running behind as I got some packages that I thought were lost a couple months ago as well. Thank you guys! I'm going to send out a bunch of things that I've been working on soon.

frontyardninja
Nov 5, 2005

Keetron posted:

Something went wrong here:

Everything alright, did I make a number mistake, whaddup?

Not sure why USPS didn't send it through, that is my address. Maybe they want my full name and 9 digit zip code?

Jessica Brightman
355 NW 51st Place
Des Moines, IA 50313-1733
'Merica

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

DLAO posted:

I got your letter and owe you one back! And of course I love cats! lol But you know that.

Is there any way to get my name updated to Dee P? I got divorced and my mail people get confused with the A now (versus the P)

TIA!

Ow, divorce sucks (unless, you know, you are happier now but it is still a lovely process) so that means more mail for you!

This weekend I will sit down to answer all the mail I got and send out more. Not to self: buy more stamps!

frontyardninja posted:

Not sure why USPS didn't send it through, that is my address. Maybe they want my full name and 9 digit zip code?
Resending it to the address you gave, glad to hear you are fine.

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
got a neat almost spooky postcard from lamb! it had a ghost town motel vibe to it which I love very much :D

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
I received a lovely kitschy postcard from zoesdare! Thank you!

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Kreyla, which one did you get? Most of them were 70’s motels my family stayed at on vacation back in the day. I tried to send everyone one that was not from near them.

frontyardninja
Nov 5, 2005

Zoesdare posted:

Kreyla, which one did you get? Most of them were 70’s motels my family stayed at on vacation back in the day. I tried to send everyone one that was not from near them.

I got the weird Russian-esque corn museum!

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Lol, it’s a gymnasium that gets covered in corn every year. So weird. Glad you enjoyed it!

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008

Zoesdare posted:

I got the colonial lodge hotel that is also a cave entrance!

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I have been receiving loads of random cards and notes. It is really nice to get them. It has been such a weird year. It started with the death of my father, then came Coronavirus right after, and the shutting down of the schools. Now schools are back in session, but we are working from home. This is my 30th year of teaching, and it is, without a doubt, the strangest year ever. Thanks to everyone who sent a card. They have done quite a bit to raise my spirits. Who knows, I might actually get back into sending out cards of my own. I mean, I actually did some art the other day... Things might go back to normal some time, right?

Thanks again!

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

DLAO posted:

TIA!

You got it!

I've gotten mail recently from Zoesdare, rear end-penny, Sharizard, Kierena, and frontyardninja (I think that's everyone). I am working on responding in between trying to stay sane and doing laundry. Catmail is coming once I can get my lazy self to the post office.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Genesplicer posted:

Thanks again!
Hey, glad to hear you are holding out and are still alive! Condolences with the passing of your father and yes, we all hope things will be normal soon but I think that will never happen.

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
Lamb thank you for the Sunflower Motel post card!

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

Somewhat delayed response, shout out frontyardninja, lamb, peech, and Keetron! I hope to have responses under way soon!

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

Sent out some things today and will be sending out more soon after I get my hands on some stamps!

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Hey rear end-Penny thank you for the letter, if time permits I will return something soontm but it will probably take a bit more.

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
Thank you for the postcard, Zoesdare, and the letter, rear end-Penny. You replies are already on their way!!

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
Holy crap! LAMB! I just got a pouch absolutely bursting with cat stuff. You have made a dull Monday freaking fantastic. You are a jewel of a person. Thank you thank you!

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

I got much needed mail from Lamb and Keetron yesterday. Thank you both. It’s been rough here.

Keetron, please tell your wife that I was moved to tears by her message and gift, which I will treasure dearly.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Zoesdare posted:

I got much needed mail from Lamb and Keetron yesterday. Thank you both. It’s been rough here.

Keetron, please tell your wife that I was moved to tears by her message and gift, which I will treasure dearly.

I will do that, I don't know what she wrote but I am glad you liked it.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Ok, who of you is this and why did I not yet receive a dickbutt letter?
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3531265&perpage=40&pagenumber=396#post505995124

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
Found my way here through the Fountain Pen thread. I've got ridiculous inks and a brand new wax seal for extra silly postage action. Write me and I'll write you back.

Audrey Deutschmann
2477 Musgrave Street
Victoria, BC
V8R 5Y1
Canada

Pixelante fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Sep 25, 2020

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Pixelante posted:

Found my way here through the Fountain Pen thread. I've got ridiculous inks and a brand new wax seal for extra silly postage action. Write me and I'll write you back.

Audrey Deutschmann
2477 Musgrave Street
Victoria, BC
V8R 5Y1
Canada

Just wanted to give you a heads up that the thread is silent but no doubt there will be mail in your mailbox the coming weeks. If only because I have seen the seal and damned if I want a letter with that!
I wanted to write you a letter this weekend but I made a few sketchbooks so there is a slight delay.

shrimpwhiskers
Jan 9, 2019

tasty
Thank you for your most recent postcard Zoesdare! And thank you for the cat package lamb! That kitten 10000 dollar bill is going on high display on my desk at work.
The goonmail really does make my day!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharizard
Jun 15, 2009

I've been extremely busy as of late (and some mail seems to have been delayed), but I'd like to say thanks to Zoesdare, Keetron, Lamb, and Peeches for sending me things! I've enjoyed every postcard, letter, sticker, and notebook! I have some things going out to more people soon.

While participating in all of this penpal business, I've realized I've got to get my penmanship game up. I've been too comfortable with my chicken scratch for way too long. lol