Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Chinatown posted:

anyone try one of these? queso oxaca can vary pretty wildly in quality.

drat, I'd be down to try that one.

My experience with all the Name Brand Oaxaca cheeses is that they're too goey and just glorified Mozzarella.

Oddly enough the Frigo? Galbani? String cheese that's in bulk comes out really stringy and almost comes close to a Oaxaca knockoff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Chinatown posted:

anyone try one of these? queso oxaca can vary pretty wildly in quality.

I’ve gotten it a time or two, it’s not bad but nothing special either. I wouldn’t use it to impress guests any more than I’d use the Kirkland cheddar but for the price it’s great.

For the most part I don’t think you can go wrong with Costco cheese, at any range of quality it’s gonna be a better deal than you can get outside of some pretty niche sales.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

ShowTime posted:

Yea this is kind of my fear, so i'm gonna pass. I want a big rear end comfortable chair I can sink into, but I want to be able to get out of it and not get out of it 2 hours later with a sweaty back. I'm trying to find a perfect chair for reading and so far have had 0 luck. Was hoping the LoveSac would do it.

They are a little pricey, but you only need to buy a La-Z-Boy recliner once. Best chair I've ever owned. After a long day, I can feel the stress bleed out through the cushions.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

GI_Clutch posted:

The super premium ice cream is indeed the best, especially when you pour some Kirkland oraganic peanut butter over it.

Got the food court toys for my dog on Saturday, and a Kirkland soft shell men's jacket for $19.99.

This looks like a great jacket. Might have to go find one of these this week.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

IllegallySober posted:

This looks like a great jacket. Might have to go find one of these this week.

Yeah these are nice jackets. I got two last time they went on sale (one black one grey)

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Makin' a kirkland brand frozen pizza while my city burnssssss.......

:getin:

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Anyone feed their dog the Kirkland dog foods? My new pup seems to have an issue with grains and the Kirkland foods are grain free but before I buy a huge bag I want to see how other folks like the food.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Anyone feed their dog the Kirkland dog foods? My new pup seems to have an issue with grains and the Kirkland foods are grain free but before I buy a huge bag I want to see how other folks like the food.

My GF feeds her GSD whatever the big green bag is.
I've never noticed any issues.
My dog gets some of it mixed in since she kind of thinks its a treat, otherwise she's a slow eating princess who eats her bowl of canidae every other mealtime.

toplitzin fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Aug 25, 2020

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

The Slack Lagoon posted:

My dog has been on the kirkland turkey and pea kibble for years and recently switched to the organic chicken and pea kibble. He eats it fast so its gotta be good and the only reason I switched was due to a shortage back in march when he ran out.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Have been for years, it's great high-quality dog food for a price that justifies having a membership by itself.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

FormatAmerica posted:

Have been for years, it's great high-quality dog food for a price that justifies having a membership by itself.

Where is it made?

Hawkline
May 30, 2002

¡La Raza!

The Slack Lagoon posted:

My wife buys the red bag of Nature's Domain (this seems to be Turkey/Pea). We've fed it to 4 different dogs over the past decade or so, never had a problem. I personally don't like the taste unless I throw some Bitchin' Sauce on it.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Finally pulled the trigger on trying those new-ish Raspberry Crumble Cookies from the bakery, and just...wow. They looked good, but absolutely exceeded my expectations. They're sweet, buttery, crumbly, and deceptively large; one should do you, and any more than two is just asking for trouble. What a pro-buy.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
This loving thread made me an evangelist for Bitchin' Sauce so quickly. Mixed it with some butter, lime, and beer then basted some fish fillets in it and baked/broiled

pbuc

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Is bitchinsauce in Costco Canada?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Makin' a kirkland brand frozen pizza while my city burnssssss.......

:getin:

I had one at my folks house and they put whatever veggies and cheese they have on hand on it to zazz it up and it's pretty drat good.

I went to the Billings MT Costco this weekend. They printed me a new card so I could get gas since my Visa wasn't reading at the pump which was great. They carry tractor hydraulic fluid there. The soft shell jackets were only M-XXL, and I'm definitely a small. Sad. Got a dog tho!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

StormDrain posted:

Got a dog tho!

I've been thinking of doing that, but the 18-puppy variety pack just feels like a bit much.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

jisforjosh posted:

This loving thread made me an evangelist for Bitchin' Sauce so quickly. Mixed it with some butter, lime, and beer then basted some fish fillets in it and baked/broiled

pbuc

got a recipe for that? like roughly how much of each?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

jisforjosh posted:

pbuc

gotta try dis.

Went yesterday for a few items but in very Costco fashion I ended up buying a months supply of almond milk and a variety flat of monster 0 sugar because ive been drinking them on "tha reg" lately with workin from home (and GAMING :blastu:)

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Paul MaudDib posted:

got a recipe for that? like roughly how much of each?

:shrug: measure with your heart

Juice of half a lime
Roughly tablespoon of butter, melted
1/4 cup-ish of Bitchin' sauce (probably did more in mine and just spooned whatever cooked off onto some Normandy blend veggies)
Glug of beer

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

shadow puppet of a posted:

Is bitchinsauce in Costco Canada?

I’ve never seen it in lower mainland BC, sadly.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Yeah, we have been using the big yellow bag of Natures Domain for a year now.

No complaints from me or my dog.

Ravendas posted:

UPS delivered my Midea 7CuFt chest freezer today.

The box had a few dings here and there, but there was an inch or so of foam panels all around it, with the unit in a plastic bag. There were zero scratches, dings or dents on the whole thing. Put the casters on, wiped out the inside and let the plasticky smell air out, waited three hours and just turned it on with a bowl of water in it.

Should be nice and frozen in the morning.

I am still shocked how you were able to order this online.

I check a few times a day and nothing.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Moey posted:

I am still shocked how you were able to order this online.

I check a few times a day and nothing.

I got lucky and logged in Friday night, the koolatron 7ft (Item #1087667) popped as in stock, and it's out for delivery today.

I had ordered one from Sears earlier in the month and they said delivery last Friday. Well last Tuesday they sent me an email saying "we mean October 21," so I cancelled that order and started re-watching the 'co.

Hawkline
May 30, 2002

¡La Raza!
This might be a super regional inquiry, but I used to buy 24 packs of Rahr and Sons (Ft Worth) beer from Costco in Southlake or Lewisville, TX, but those disappeared around a year ago and I haven't seen them since. Does anyone know what happened there?

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

It has arrived!

A couple of small dents, but nothing horrible.

We'll still probably gripe at customer for a little back, but nbd.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

toplitzin posted:

I got lucky and logged in Friday night, the koolatron 7ft (Item #1087667) popped as in stock, and it's out for delivery today.

I had ordered one from Sears earlier in the month and they said delivery last Friday. Well last Tuesday they sent me an email saying "we mean October 21," so I cancelled that order and started re-watching the 'co.

I have your link saved. Maybe I'll setup something to auto refresh and notify me of a change.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Everyone with a chest freezer... how are they? Worth it? what are you storing in there?

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

poisonpill posted:

Everyone with a chest freezer... how are they? Worth it? what are you storing in there?

Costco meats - the ground beef, chicken thigh, and chicken breast multi-packs. I got a big ol' pork butte and cut it into 2lb installments and froze those after repacking with a foodsaver. CostCo butter 4-packs. And some tupperwares of prepared food like extra pasta sauce for quick meals.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

poisonpill posted:

My mother-in-law fills with with trash meat that's 2yrs past expiration that we won't get around to throwing away until it hits 4 yrs.

Saner people buy in bulk and store sensible portions in the freezer and STACK THE SAVINGS

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom

poisonpill posted:

Buy large cuts from business Costco and divide myself for huge savings. Save 1-3 dollars per pound of meat. I bought my chest freezer on sale years ago and it has easily paid for itself. Plus, it’s much easier to access this from the top down in a chest freezer versus from the side in a conventional freezer on top of a fridge.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

chest freezer: ENDLESS SUPPLY OF LING LING POT STICKERS

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

poisonpill posted:

I don't have room in my regular freezer to buy primal cuts and break them down myself.

I also shop at restaurant depot and being able to buy their or Costco's packer brisket, break it down into the point and split the flat in two is great.

Same for pork belly, I can buy a whole belly, freeze half, and get bacon and a pork belly dinner from the other half.

Same for their 6lb packs of ground beef.

All goes into the foodsaver and gets used over the next couple months.

It's also difficult for us as a couple to have room for more than three total bags of the Frozen Items:
Think one bag of salmon fillets, a bag of normandy blend, and a bag of meatballs.

Heck, now we'ed be able to buy the double loaves of sandwich bread and have room to freeze one.

Bulky frozen foods, prepared type stuff is a no go currently. But that's probably a good thing.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Chest freezer is another one of those hidden lifestyle boosters

Being able to store a larger variety of meat types and cuts and different bags of veggies makes meals a lot more interesting, and cuts out a lot of the stress of having to make do with what you've got or run to the store.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
I'm going to do a run to the business center next week and buy a 50lb box of chicken breasts. My intent is to break them into 5lb vacuum packs to store in that chest freezer.

My question is this: I am considering buying a sous vide setup. Is 5lb at a time in one bag plausible for that Anova starter kit? I have hilarious calorie requirements in season.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

An Anova can handle a cooler full of water so that shouldn't be a big deal, just make sure you're giving it enough time to get that much meat up to temp. Somebody on reddit has probably already figured out what your times should be

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

The time up to temp isn't going to be bad as long as you pack the chicken breasts flat.

The danger value in sous vide is the total thickness. I think max thickness is 3".

I've done a full ~15lb packer brisket (in chunks) with my Sansaire.

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

I filled half my chest freezer with limited edition ice cream from Publix. I will eat chocolate cookie quarry and Santa's white Christmas whenever the hell I want, season be damned.

The other half is filled with meat and fish.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
Pack them flat and use a dish holder to keep them separate and yeah, an entry level anova can do about 10lbs of food. If you're concerned, leave it in an extra 10%. Chicken is quicker (2-4 hours) but with 24 hour cooks you have literally hours to pull it out before it overcooks.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
I confess, I have an... upright freezer.

We used to have a coffin freezer, a hand-me-down from the Johnson administration. It died one day and took most of a half-a-cow with it. I popped it open to toss some Costco stuff in there, and as the lid closed I got a whiff of the pepperoni sticks I had on the top. "Ooooh, pepperoni" had just started to go through my mind when I managed to remember you really shouldn't smell fresh meats in the freezer. Everything was room temperature. When it came to replacing it, all we could find were uprights.

Top shelf is full of turkey stock. A thanksgiving tradition. Various stews, chilis, and occasionally some Green Bay Booyah winds up there, too.

Mid shelves are weird frozen things. Panko-crusted chicken breasts, World's Greatest Fish Sticks, Pizza Rolls, frozen pastas, and flautas/taquitos. Ice cream treats, too. We also get a ton of sliced bread and bagels from [somewhere not Costco] and freeze 'em. My highly trained palate can't tell the difference.

Lower shelves have a bunch of 1lb. chubs of ground beef, 2-3 lb. packs of chicken thighs, some of those Costco rotisserie chicken packs, and an inordinate amount of ground pork for some reason. I usually keep a couple bone-in turkey breasts in there, too. Back in late March we had Plaguesgiving with all the trimmings and that was kind of fun, for a minute.

Door is Costco butter, Costco blueberries and smoothie mixes, and a bunch of those Capri-Sun looking things that are actually frozen adult beverages. Got them on clearance somewhere and we're slowly working through them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Hawkline posted:

This might be a super regional inquiry, but I used to buy 24 packs of Rahr and Sons (Ft Worth) beer from Costco in Southlake or Lewisville, TX, but those disappeared around a year ago and I haven't seen them since. Does anyone know what happened there?
Its whatever local breweries (big or small) want to actually ship out to Costco and its up to Costco to actually want to sell them. They might get a few pallets of beer and thatd be it for the season.

San Diego Costcos have a pretty nifty contract with the brewery Second Chance beer to sell variety 24pks of the stuff. Second chance is not a big brewery but they pump out these beers on the regular enough to supply certain Costcos around town.

Differs from town to town state to state. Best bet is to ask an employee around the booze section. Thats how I found out they discontinued Kirkland light lmao