Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

man what happened to mmm ? he hosted that rad game where gaspy and i won the game for town by trusting in the power of friendship in our unconfirmed masonry.

and merk. did he take a break on account of new kid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
I’m so keen to know if rarity is scum or SK because if she isn’t, I’m having probably my worst game on record, if she is? Middlin to fair.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asphyxious posted:

I’m having probably my worst game on record

We all have slumps every now and again, you'll get past this

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Asphyxious posted:

I’m so keen to know if rarity is scum or SK because if she isn’t, I’m having probably my worst game on record, if she is? Middlin to fair.

just go full doomer like I have

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

I thought jailer might exist given the multiple nks but here we are

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

just go full doomer like I have

Doomer?

I’ll have time tomorrow to do a bit of a list. Australians bizarrely non-active today.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

someone make a game where everyone gaols like Stanford prison experiment or something

no even better https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/3213340001

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Asphyxious posted:

Doomer?

I’ll have time tomorrow to do a bit of a list. Australians bizarrely non-active today.

hambeet posted:

Why does anyone do anything?

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

oh beet I found your touchdown gif

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

that's uhhh not what i was going for

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

just post hal, stop refreshing the thread.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Sandwolf posted:

Like, don’t get me wrong, I do not want to think about Amni as confirmed town. In fact, while he was right about SNG he has been sort of low key compared to how he usually is and he hasn’t seemed to really case anyone beyond pointing out the obvious scum SNG

I told you my meta day 1!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Rarity posted:

I get the feeling SNG's just done with this poo poo and will OMGUS anyone who votes him now. I don't think that's a scum tell or a town tell, it's an 'I'm fed up and you all suck' tell.

This basically sums up Rarity's big mega casing of SNG. "SNG did this scummy thing, but I can't tell if it's scum or town!!!".

##vote SNG

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Uhhh

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Currently I think Sandy, Toal are town based on their ctions towards the SNG case.

I think Rarity is scum, based on how they cased SNG.

Would vote Hal, or tpink as lurkers, though the extra kill might be related to lurking as the two dead players are the two players with the lowest postcount.

Going to reread EP+ and Birb. EP because of the unconfirmed masonry thing, birb because other people are talking about them. will get back to you with opinions on those two.

I agree with most of the people that Grid is town for the megapost includeing a scum sci.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

jesus loving christ....I'm an idiot.

##vote rarity

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Rarity posted:

Why do you say this when Gaspy had moved from SNG to Sandwolf by the end of D2 and didn't mention Bminus at all D1?

drat ok I think I can actually see the case on Gaspy now

Rarity posted:

I could tell town had the votes to get SNG out without me and even after the reread I still wanted to lynch Gaspy more

drat ok I think I can actually see the case on Rarity now

Buuuuut, neither of em are in the lead or nothing:

hambeet posted:

also clearing grid based on a post that cased a dead player, lol. that looks more suss to me than less. like, who would make a huge post during night phase and not take the time to check the flip before posting it. that's way more suspect imo

Someone who did all that work writing while the thread was closed, but could absolutely not be stuffed to do any more by the time it opened?

hambeet posted:

just post hal, stop refreshing the thread.

Oh wait is this legit? Are you actually using the forbidden technique?

Amnistar posted:

This basically sums up Rarity's big mega casing of SNG. "SNG did this scummy thing, but I can't tell if it's scum or town!!!".

##vote SNG

Lmao THE CURSE WILL NOT DIE

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

so EP+ when the kerfuffle started with SNG day 1, pushed for me for casing SNG. Then started pushing the people voting for DGK as scum, before coming to SNG then when the claim comes waffling on the vote and then swapping to DGK.

Day 2: Comes out of the gate beleiving SNG's claim.

Epsilon Plus posted:

alternatively, SNG is scum and is not a jailer goaded on by their scum buddies to stir up poo poo, but just enough people are defending him to let him coast by for a few days. this soaks up the thread's attention and leads to lovely last-minute swerves to town. this seems unlikely because it's a strat that needs as many living scum as possible to work, and they're already down one, but it's an idea

Then they think both Gaspy and SNG are town as we near deadline, but throw a vote on Gaspy instead of SNG, only swapping over at the last second to hammer SNG.

Verdict: I think EP+ is likely to be scum, would vote.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Did a reread of Bif, they don't seem like scum to me. Could be the SK, but their voting pattern and reasons don't feel like scum to me.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Amnistar posted:

For the deserved poo poo I'm getting for this read I do feel I should point out I did leave my vote on SNG for D1 deadline when he was tied with DGK

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Gridlocked posted:

Also given the flips from last night being 2 of my scum reads I'm feeling a bit rough.

I agree with Toal that Birb has been sounding a bit white noisy

Just a bit?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

hambeet posted:

also clearing grid based on a post that cased a dead player, lol. that looks more suss to me than less. like, who would make a huge post during night phase and not take the time to check the flip before posting it. that's way more suspect imo

hambeet is making a lot of good town posts this game and I like them a lot.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Amnistar posted:

Did a reread of Bif, they don't seem like scum to me. Could be the SK, but their voting pattern and reasons don't feel like scum to me.

and now I'm an idiot because I was supposed to be reading Birb not Bif...and I have to head off to work.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Amnistar posted:

Currently I think Sandy, Toal are town based on their ctions towards the SNG case.

I think Rarity is scum, based on how they cased SNG.

Would vote Hal, or tpink as lurkers, though the extra kill might be related to lurking as the two dead players are the two players with the lowest postcount.

Going to reread EP+ and Birb. EP because of the unconfirmed masonry thing, birb because other people are talking about them. will get back to you with opinions on those two.

I agree with most of the people that Grid is town for the megapost includeing a scum sci.

Why aren’t I on your town list, given how much SNG was fighting me the last day and how much he tried to case me as scum before he flipped. Hmm.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

tpink posted:

Why aren’t I on your town list, given how much SNG was fighting me the last day and how much he tried to case me as scum before he flipped. Hmm.

Because you're lurking.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Giving Bif a proper look over focusing on her interactions with binus and SNG.

Bifauxnen posted:

Lol welcome back to Mafia I guess

b-minus1 posted:

drat this is a scummy post

Bifauxnen posted:

Holding back from the third vote are we, coward

##vote binus

This looks like distancing from binus

Bifauxnen posted:

I do think I could be on to something with binus bothering to call me scummy but not wanting to drop a vote, possibly because it woulda been the third vote.

That vote on binus looks pretty jokey to me but when pressed on it she upgrades it to a full read with what I think is lame justification. I know players like me and Bif love to throw votes around on D1 but not everyone plays like that and assuming binus should is weak. And seriously, the third vote rule isn't real.

Bifauxnen posted:

The third vote or so is a pretty good place for scum to start coming in, if they want a mislunch to take off. Cast the first vote on someone and you might take all the blame for sticking your neck out and making a bad case. Cast the second vote and you might look too me-too. But once someone else has already done the me-too, it's not quite as scary anymore. It's now an approved idea that's passed some scrutiny and has more than one oddball townie on board.

Further development of that theory. I don't believe Bif believes this.

Bifauxnen posted:

Anyway, E+ have you got any response to my thoughts on binus beyond "meh I just don't wanna babble about meta ideas"?

You tried to downplay my vote by saying it was just about "third vote scum", you really don't have any reaction at all to when I explained further?

She's really trying to play up the strength of her read here.

Bifauxnen posted:

It's not just about that. It's that binus bothered to point out an individual post of mine and call it really scummy, instead of settling for his usual "lol", "scum are shook", "lots of scum bussing on this page" vague floating undirected statements which are his trademark. Yet despite having such a strong scum vibe from that specific post of mine, he didn't vote me. Why was he to chicken to vote me? That's a classic scummy behavior regardless of which vote number it is. That was the start of my criticism. "Maybe cause he was avoiding the third vote" is an afterthought.

I'm also pretty suspicious of both you and E+ trying so hard to downplay such a small initial jab at binus.

I glossed over it at the time cause they just went on and on and on but the whole Bif/beet thing starts because of her weak case on binus. If Bif is scum then this would be a real easy way for her to pivot away from a bus. I'll see if she comes back to binus again during D1 but if she doesn't that's gonna look real bad to me.

(I'm not gonna pull out every single thing from this slapfight but beet, I'm sorry for not agreeing with you at the time)

Bifauxnen posted:

The hilarious thing is it's not even really a case. It was a jab. He didn't vote me and it looked scummy, so I poked him to see what happened. But you and E+ are the ones who reacted to it in a more suspicious way.

I went back to check how binus reacted to it. He stopped engaging with Bif, doesn't push his scum read any further and pivots to DGK instead. That initial exchange looks more and more like distancing the more I read.

Bifauxnen posted:

SNG's posts do sound scummy though...but he hasn't said "performative" twenty more times overnight so that's way way below his average when I last saw his scum game.

Huge amounts of hedging here

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm fine with moving to SNG if he stays in the lead, but I'm a bit more interested in this one:

##vote DGK

Isn't gonna vote for SNG but she totally would if she had to, you guys.

Oh yeah and her reason for choosing DGK instead is that she wants to check her grasp on Gaspy's meta :lol:

Bifauxnen posted:

Ok this is what I was really hoping woulda happened earlier back when I first voted Toal

##vote Toalpaz

She starts getting some heat and votes for the above so she tries to take it back and move the lynch away from SNG and onto Toal

Bifauxnen posted:

Looking back over Toal now, their own push for DGK doesn't look like a bus so

##vote SNG

She does slap a vote down on SNG before deadline at least

Bifauxnen posted:

If I'm not around tomorrow my top scum picks are Toal, Amni, Beet and binus

This is the first time Bif has mentioned binus since starting the beet slapfight. She also doesn't comment at all after he flips as scum. Moving on to D2...

Bifauxnen posted:

Anyway, SNG does seem like a good road to go down today

Bif makes her support clear early that she is on board with SNG taking the spotlight for the day.

Bifauxnen posted:

I'd have said fair enough to this on D1, I didn't take SNG serious at all till he ended up one of the main lunch candidates, but that's kind of bullshit today. And what does "it's not scummy until SNG flips scum" even mean, are you trying to act like I'm only suspicious of Toal cause I think they're scum with SNG? Did you just sleep through the end of D1?

This is her defence once Sandwolf calls her out on ignoring SNG. There's not actually anything here that claims she has been considering SNG.

Bifauxnen posted:

Despite other people voicing suspicion of Toal, here I am sitting here all by myself again with just one little vote. I was hoping to revisit Beet today too, see if he started getting all on my case again like he was hinting he would, so I could see if he still seemed scummy about it or not. But he's just got to relax all weekend without anyone really caring except Gaspy. All anyone wants to actually commit to and put more than a couple votes on is SNG. This is sucking the air out of the room worse than any big slapfight.

##vote SNG

This is where she drops her vote on SNG. This doesn't sound like someone who thinks SNG is 'a good road to go down'.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Rarity posted:

For the deserved poo poo I'm getting for this read I do feel I should point out I did leave my vote on SNG for D1 deadline when he was tied with DGK

Kind of an odd way to defend yourself because scum would know it looked good and you weren't voting SNG d2 when it mattered and we almost no executed. :thunk:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Gaspy, I still think you're scummy af but it's your lucky day because that is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad ##vote Bif

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Toalpaz posted:

Kind of an odd way to defend yourself because scum would know it looked good and you weren't voting SNG d2 when it mattered and we almost no executed. :thunk:

So you're saying as scum I was happy to risk SNG getting lynched D1 when there was a much better chance of him surviving and I wasn't D2 when it was pretty clear he was toast?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Rarity posted:

So you're saying as scum I was happy to risk SNG getting lynched D1 when there was a much better chance of him surviving and I wasn't D2 when it was pretty clear he was toast?

Yes.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Well that makes no sense

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Rarity posted:

Well that makes no sense

B- was alive D1.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

it wasnt clear sng was going to die day 1 so you bussed him for cred, which you just tried to cash in thread right now

when he made a risky play you distanced yourself from him and didn't want to vote him hoping he'd live.

it isn't a stretch

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Amnistar posted:

B- was alive D1.

True but it's pretty simple. I thought SNG was scummier than DGK. I thought Gaspy was scummier than SNG.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Toalpaz posted:

it wasnt clear sng was going to die day 1 so you bussed him for cred

Rarity posted:

Bussing is weakass scum play

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

bussing, is good actually

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Amnistar posted:

Because you're lurking.

You’re willing to vote me just because you think I’m lurking, even though you don’t think my posting is scummy otherwise? Weird. Or do you think I’m scum? I’m really trying to understand why you are ready to vote me.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

tpink posted:

You’re willing to vote me just because you think I’m lurking, even though you don’t think my posting is scummy otherwise?

Yes.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

A+ town play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

tpink posted:

A+ town play.