Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

CGS: I keep running out of rubber.

Just gimme a Fallout Sims: The Settlement-Building Simulator already!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

3D Megadoodoo posted:

isn't that just fallout shelter :confused:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

psiox posted:

isn't that just fallout shelter :confused:

If you mean the non-game for telephones then 100% no, not at all. About the farthest imaginable product from it.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
have you played rimworld? it's pretty post-apocalyptic and a good settlement simulator!

disclaimer: i have played zero fallout 4 because it looks like trash and the ~90 minutes i spent with it in VR were not fun

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

psiox posted:

have you played rimworld? it's pretty post-apocalyptic and a good settlement simulator!

disclaimer: i have played zero fallout 4 because it looks like trash and the ~90 minutes i spent with it in VR were not fun

if you've never played fallout 4 how about you don't recommend anything for people who want to build settlements in fallout 4 because there's literally 0% chance you're being helpful.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

if there was some other game that would scratch that particular itch, i'd probably know about it because it'd be a Really Big Thing on the Internet.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
that is totally fair, i apologize for the misjamesing

given the current jag of post-apocalyptic games- and how often people extoll that particular feature- it shouldn't be long before one turns up (or something extant gets recommended)

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

echinopsis posted:

i can connect dual shock to iphobe? or ipade?
yes, assuming your iOS is relatively up to date. i’ve used ps remote play on my iphone with a ds4 to relatively good effect. newer ios games (and apple arcade games) tend to have controller support baked in now where apropos

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

rimworld is good tho so you should play it anyway

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

playing fo4 without the perk that highlights objects with a particular component you need is a gently caress

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Uptime Sinclair posted:

playing fo4 ... is a gently caress
ftfy

jk i didn’t really mind fo4 but it was a bit of a letdown and at times felt like a direct gently caress you to anyone who preferred new vegas to Bethesda’s own games

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

all very fair and very reasonable points

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
mit waitlisted me so I appreciated being able to blow them up

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

fo4 was fine to putter around with at the time and the crafting was pretty ok in terms of scratching that itch. unfortunately it was miserably balanced and insanely tedious if you didn’t do crafting + settlement management for materials + exploit wardrobe and drug boosts to CHA to buy things

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

crafting was cool and i really liked how hemmed in you felt in boston, all narrow streets and blind corners and you felt like you could walk into a death trap at any moment

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

jesus WEP posted:

crafting was cool and i really liked how hemmed in you felt in boston, all narrow streets and blind corners and you felt like you could walk into a death trap at any moment

yeah but i could just visit boston if i wanted that experience

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

once in a while i get the hankering to do a fo4 run with melee and teleporting around in vats to super smash faces but being a stealth sniper already trivialized the game on the first go-round

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

blitz is insanely OP if you’re a melee build, basically in vats you can blink around the room like it’s dishonored

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

blitz is insanely OP if you’re a melee build, basically in vats you can blink around the room like it’s dishonored
that’s what i thought but so far it has been easier to just play dishonored 2

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Dishonored 2 is real good

The first one was also but they really stepped it up in 2

Except for the level where you have no magic and have to travel in time. Neat concept but gently caress games that train you on one set of rules the whole game and then yank that away hahaha now you have to do something totally different lol. That's a lovely way of "adding challenge"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm just walking around with a literal loving cannon shooting people in the rear end. Run out of balls (because I haven't bothered to go pick up the latest eyebot find)? Oh well I'll just switch to the fully loaded gauss rifle and shoot everyone in the balls vOv

And then I go home and play Fallout 4.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

Dishonored 2 is real good

The first one was also but they really stepped it up in 2

Except for the level where you have no magic and have to travel in time. Neat concept but gently caress games that train you on one set of rules the whole game and then yank that away hahaha now you have to do something totally different lol. That's a lovely way of "adding challenge"
i think you eventually get to redo it with magic but yeah... great gimmick but the “oops no powers” was a little much

2 also has a new game+ where you can have both sets of powers and also lets you have mad hacked secondary/passive powerups

haven’t had much inclination to try the death of the outsider tho

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I'm just walking around with a literal loving cannon shooting people in the rear end. Run out of balls (because I haven't bothered to go pick up the latest eyebot find)? Oh well I'll just switch to the fully loaded gauss rifle and shoot everyone in the balls vOv

And then I go home and play Fallout 4.
railroad rifle vats shots are pretty fun, even if they’re not even trying to be optimal

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Uptime Sinclair posted:

railroad rifle vats shots are pretty fun, even if they’re not even trying to be optimal

Yeah I've been stocking up on ammo for that too but the cannon is just so much fun.

Like I had a tiny "emergency gameplay" moment just last night where I opened some double doors and a raider from across a pit shot me right in the face with a missile so I retaliated in kind by shooting him in the face with a cannon and quipped: "no gently caress YOU" and felt tremendously good about myself.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Yeah I've been stocking up on ammo for that too but the cannon is just so much fun.

Like I had a tiny "emergency gameplay" moment just last night where I opened some double doors and a raider from across a pit shot me right in the face with a missile so I retaliated in kind by shooting him in the face with a cannon and quipped: "no gently caress YOU" and felt tremendously good about myself.
same energy but with the admiral’s friend harpoon gun from the far harbor expansion

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the worst thing about fallout 4 is you can't do the silver shroud voice for the entire rest of the game

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

haveblue posted:

the worst thing about fallout 4 is you can't do the silver shroud voice for the entire rest of the game

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

nice.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

no.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
you love to see it!

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

President Beep posted:

you love to see it!
...from here on out, i’ve already won

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I did a bunch of missions to discover news of his missing father for one of the side characters / vendors in DD:DA and now he loves me and has a pink glow whenever we talk :3:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
is dragon's dogma the game that tried to figure out who your true love is so the villain could kidnap them at the end except it only based that on who you did the most interactions with so he'd usually kidnap some random service npc

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

haveblue posted:

is dragon's dogma the game that tried to figure out who your true love is so the villain could kidnap them at the end except it only based that on who you did the most interactions with so he'd usually kidnap some random service npc

yeah I searched on it and there's an npc who is an old corrupt mustachioed rear end in a top hat, but he sells the best arrows in the game - cue a bunch of Gamers being presented with the fact this is your Beloved.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

NoneMoreNegative posted:

yeah I searched on it and there's an npc who is an old corrupt mustachioed rear end in a top hat, but he sells the best arrows in the game - cue a bunch of Gamers being presented with the fact this is your Beloved.

I mean...is that not love?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

I mean...is that not love?
“cupid’s arrow, special price, beloved price for you my friend”

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

NoneMoreNegative posted:

reminds me of people taking the confirmed bachelor perk in fallout new vegas without realizing It's The Gay Perk

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Improbable Lobster posted:

reminds me of people taking the confirmed bachelor perk in fallout new vegas without realizing It's The Gay Perk
that was forums poster Bloody Hedgehog iirc

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

haveblue posted:

ya, half the people who play that end up with the blacksmith as their "love" on the first play though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

i'm playing Days Gone now

its cool so far

i played Spiderman, Ghost of Tsushima, Horizon Zero Dawn and now Days Gone in a row and after this i need to play something that isn't an open world game

edit Days Gone ©, 2019, from the developers of Bubsy 3D