Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Javaris Crittenton actually murdered someone so I'm gonna go with him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Yeah, Denver is missing two starters. That doesn’t help. And Jokic is playing worse. And they are relying on Jamal Murray to outgun Donovan Mitchell.
That does not spell playoff success.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Papes posted:

Playoff p will break that tomorrow

the only thing playoff pee is going to break is his own ankles

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Jack's Flow posted:

Yeah, Denver is missing two starters. That doesn’t help. And Jokic is playing worse. And they are relying on Jamal Murray to outgun Donovan Mitchell.
That does not spell playoff success.

I mean Utah is also missing a starter and was missing two starters for half the series

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

I've posted this before but the absolutely nuts part about this is LaVine is a 100% totally nice guy and he got this pissed. Like, there's some players who would clash this bad with a coach and maybe it's not totally the coach's fault, but this is like Tom Hanks telling you he wants to meet you outside. You probably are a huge dickhead.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

MourningView posted:

I mean Utah is also missing a starter and was missing two starters for half the series

Of course, that's true. I was one of the people who thought they were done without Bogdanovic. I guess my main point is that I don't trust Murray at all. Jokic needs a better second banana in the playoffs.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Jack's Flow posted:

Of course, that's true. I was one of the people who thought they were done without Bogdanovic. I guess my main point is that I don't trust Murray at all. Jokic needs a better second banana in the playoffs.

Jamal Murray played better than Jokic did this series though.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
https://twitter.com/NBCSPhilly/status/988985564262162433?s=19
:(

e: imagine joel being the guy to lead a team huddle like this in 2020. they broke him

Stevie Lee fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Aug 25, 2020

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Jack's Flow posted:

Murray is the only reason they didn't lose four straight blowouts, he's been great. Jokic has had moments but he also just straight up didn't even try in game 3

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Jokic seems to have checked out, he's looked that way for most of the bubble.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Jokic seems to have checked out, he's looked that way for most of the bubble.

I wonder if it's a desire thing or if the Covid just hosed him up.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I'm guessing its the Rona and also Jokic takes a while to dial into basketball, he's lovely at the beginning of every single season.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
He's too thin

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Jokic is playing poorly because there is no šljivovica in the bubble

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

I don't think I'll ever trust Jamal Murray to be consistently good, even if he has had 3 good games in his last 4

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

If Boylen were still coaching the Bulls, we would definitely see this at some point next year.
https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1297733114228350976?s=19

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Jokic is averaging 25/8/5 and shooting 40% from three this series and that assist number grossly underestimates how good his passing has been. I feel like I’m watching a different series than the rest of you

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Looks like Brand is staying and he won a power struggle.
https://twitter.com/KyleNeubeck/status/1298278052716322819?s=19
edit:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Looks like Brand is staying and he won a power struggle.
https://twitter.com/KyleNeubeck/status/1298278052716322819?s=19
edit:

Interesting

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DeimosRising posted:

Jokic is averaging 25/8/5 and shooting 40% from three this series and that assist number grossly underestimates how good his passing has been. I feel like I’m watching a different series than the rest of you

He's been really bad on defense. Not just in space either, which is sort of expected, Rudy is regularly facing up on him and dunking on his head one on one in the post.

He's been good on offense though, aside from Game 3 which was glaringly bad for him on both ends. Didn't even try to go in the paint or chase after rebounds and had by far his worst defensive game which is saying something.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Aug 25, 2020

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

euphronius posted:

Interesting
https://twitter.com/DerekBodnerNBA/status/1298277531855069187?s=19

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
The thread title hurts me.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/KyleNeubeck/status/1298277381300465664?s=19

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lmao

Or whatever you know

Brand going to hose out the FO

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

DeimosRising posted:

Jokic was pretty good too! I was just commenting on the idea that he didn't get help from Murray, who was one of the best players in the first round.

Utah just played out of their goddamn minds and Denver's D looked bad (which is going to be a hurdle with Jokic). I think Denver had a lot of trouble adjusting to their starters going down and relying on MPJ was a huge risk (like it is relying on any rookie). Utah managed to handle their missing starters way better (though they were also better once Conley got back).

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

As a seasoned basketball mind I am expecting a call.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Elton Brand: You know what this team needs? More players like Elton Brand.
*Pulls up BBRef and filters by PF/C*

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

MoaM posted:

The thread title hurts me.

Hello Mr George

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

CharlestheHammer posted:

Could Simmons fix Boylen?

Simmons sighs as he punches his card in the punch station embedded in each of the 5 ball racks positioned around the 3 point line. As he hoists the final multi-colored ball from the fifth rack a deafening steam whistle sounds overhead.

Break time.

Simmons punches out as he exists the gym.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

MourningView posted:

He's been really bad on defense. Not just in spade either, which is sort of expected, Rudy is regularly facing up on him and dunking on his head one on one in the post.

He's been good on offense though, aside from Game 3 which was glaringly bad for him on both ends. Didn't even try to go in the paint or chase after rebounds and had by far his worst defensive game which is saying something.

Yeah but tbh he's just not that good of a defender in general, he maxes out at acceptable and really needs someone else to be threatening a double to be good one on one even. He really needs to be playing next to a kirilenko/isaac/millsap five years ago type player who is quick and always there clean up. Barton and Millsap kind of did that for him last year, but with Barton out and Millsap at the bottom end of his decline, he's much easier to expose.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

DeimosRising posted:

The fact that he looks completely disinterested while doing it is a tribute to his talent

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

euphronius posted:

Lmao

Or whatever you know

Brand going to hose out the FO
I think a lot of the analytics people might be searching for new jobs.
https://twitter.com/KyleNeubeck/status/1298281088280940544?s=19

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Senator Drinksalot posted:

The fact that he looks completely disinterested while doing it is a tribute to his talent

that's just how he looks. he probably looks like that sitting down to his favorite meal, having sex, watching his favorite movie, whatever. His face only has a range from "surly" to "bored"

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

DeimosRising posted:

Yeah but tbh he's just not that good of a defender in general, he maxes out at acceptable and really needs someone else to be threatening a double to be good one on one even. He really needs to be playing next to a kirilenko/isaac/millsap five years ago type player who is quick and always there clean up. Barton and Millsap kind of did that for him last year, but with Barton out and Millsap at the bottom end of his decline, he's much easier to expose.

Jokic actually rates as a plus defender in most advanced stats, he's got quick hands that can get in there and deflect a lot of balls. He's not a rim protector or defensive anchor though.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The time of Numbers is over !!

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

DeimosRising posted:

that's just how he looks. he probably looks like that sitting down to his favorite meal, having sex, watching his favorite movie, whatever. His face only has a range from "surly" to "bored"

Just like the Klaw

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Trade embiid to the thunder you cowards

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Denver and Philly should trade Jokic and Embiid. Not permanently, just back and forth every few games so that fanbases grow to Respect both players.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Christ Brand is really following a Vlade arc isn't he

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Lockback posted:

I've posted this before but the absolutely nuts part about this is LaVine is a 100% totally nice guy and he got this pissed. Like, there's some players who would clash this bad with a coach and maybe it's not totally the coach's fault, but this is like Tom Hanks telling you he wants to meet you outside. You probably are a huge dickhead.

As a transplant in Chicago and generally treats the Bulls like they don't exist (I've been to one game, rooting against them with a Pacers fan friend) I didn't realize Boylen did the punch card thing for real and I despise that guy.

The worst boss I ever had at the worst job I ever had did the same thing (he had us using it as office workers) and the thought of working for that type of guy longterm is a goddamn nightmare, I bailed after three days and would have done it after two if I wasn't a coward.