Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i will forge my own politics forum where you must either make 3000 word essays at a 20th grade reading level, repeating the same point in different ways in an effort to send chi strikes over tcp/ip directly at the lobes of your opponents brain to convert them to your point of view, or you have to post things that are cool, insightful, witty, brilliant, like everything i dont write

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Doublestep posted:

i cannot believe wakandacon gofundme is legitimately real what the gently caress was going on in tgrs

A personality cult.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
lol

SomedoodIV
Feb 28, 2013

:lol:

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Hungry posted:

Three years! Three loving years! That is some dedication to a completely bonkers course of action.

Well, you know how it goes. You do it one day, it's a radical new thing. It works, you do it for a week, it's a little less exciting. Soon it's like checking on an idle game, and not really something that you even think about being weird. But the key is, you need to keep doing it, because if you stop to think about it at all, well...

Nice!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I stay out of the politics forums and FYAD but I already didn't like KM simply because of the annoying sassy black woman gifs that would clog up the Leper's Colony whenever she would probate someone. Stuff like that always rubbed me the wrong way. You're not a loving comic book character, just do your job. The fact that she self referenced the gifs as part of her "persona" in the SAclopedia post is just icing on the cake.

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
Absolutely incredible that CSPAM has forged its own little community where the accepted truth is that FYAD is a nazi forum and KM did nothing wrong, and anyone who posts from the FYAD side gets immediately probed by Lightning Knight

Kind of demonstrates that just kicking out the lead "bad actor" mods but keeping all their lovely lackeys around isn't actually a good strategy

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

CountryMatters posted:

Absolutely incredible that CSPAM has forged its own little community where the accepted truth is that FYAD is a nazi forum and KM did nothing wrong, and anyone who posts from the FYAD side gets immediately probed by Lightning Knight

Kind of demonstrates that just kicking out the lead "bad actor" mods but keeping all their lovely lackeys around isn't actually a good strategy

I wish I had lackeys.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
Read the room!!!*

*The room is populated by an internet brigadier, her clone, and her misinformed lackeys.

Lucavi
May 12, 2002

CountryMatters posted:

yeah i dont like that LK fucker
he should have stayed gone

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

Moon Slayer posted:

I wish I had lackeys.

Don't need lackeys if you've got alts

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Moon Slayer posted:

I wish I had lackeys.

you just gotta start with one, and you already know the secret technique

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

CountryMatters posted:

what do you expect? they love it when both parties are the same

Pick fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Aug 25, 2020

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Moon Slayer posted:

I wish I had lackeys.

You never asked.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pentyne posted:

kind of what I was going for, you have individual members of a group who are bad/wrong and instead of targeting them the entire group is blamed for the sins of the few and held accountable for not stopping it themselves.

pentyne posted:

the cabal clique loving loved importing tons of offsite poo poo into SA to argue their point while screaming to the heavens that FYAD was doxxing them. The mods even had to loving litigate the "doxxing" rule as cspam kept doxxing people they choose to believe were the real "bad guys" and were arguing it was okay since they were (allegedly) bad people.

Here's the mentality at work

Someone wanting a loving mod team to police offsites for content.

How is this any different the people saying “FYAD is a bunch of transphobes”? You’re bringing up events from months ago, by a few bad posters, to smear a whole group. A handful of shitheads (on both sides) incited a shitload of conflict, those posters are gone. The drama continues because things quiet down for a while, then somebody dredges up all of that poo poo to throw in their hot take of “actually this group is guilty!!” and we get right back into it.

Just drop it, for gently caress’s sake. If there’s a terrible post in CSPAM, FYAD, QCS, TMR, PYF, wherever? Report them. Move on. Don’t target an entire group because one person’s post pissed you off, and we can all get back to posting without any more insane drama or forum wars. That’s a fair compromise.

Slanderer posted:

Not a very big apology I guess lol

Homeless Friend posted:

Syenite like John Wick burying those guns, there’s always a next time

An apology doesn’t mean you need to keep silent when someone else decides to stir things up again. KM telling a bunch of lies doesn’t mean the posts that Syenite is referencing never happened. The poo poo that FYAD got closed down over was used to smear a whole group, which was wrong, but it was not made up out of whole cloth.

Pick’s right. The KM alt stuff is amazing, hosed up, and funny enough on its own. How about we focus on that for a bit?

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

CountryMatters posted:

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Lucavi posted:

yeah i dont like that LK fucker
he should have stayed gone

I'm willing to cut him some slack since he has homework and school to deal with, due to being literally sixteen, but perhaps he shouldn't be modding a forum, it's not good for a developing mind

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Jesus loving christ lmao

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

CountryMatters posted:

Persiflagist posted:

did you uuys miss teh update where the mod leading the clique of people that kept saying that with no evidence got permabanned for sockpuppeting and the whole thing was a complete fabrication invented for the purpose of taking over the forums lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Totally normal and sane response.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

You never asked.

That's a good point. Okay, I am now accepting applications to be my lackey. Job requirements involve agreeing with and praising every post I make, following me on any quixotic forums intifadas I embark upon, and brigading anyone who says anything remotely negative about me. Apply for the position by voting 5 on my anime game LP thread.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

American McGay posted:

I stay out of the politics forums and FYAD but I already didn't like KM simply because of the annoying sassy black woman gifs that would clog up the Leper's Colony whenever she would probate someone. Stuff like that always rubbed me the wrong way. You're not a loving comic book character, just do your job. The fact that she self referenced the gifs as part of her "persona" in the SAclopedia post is just icing on the cake.

You're showing your white fragility here and playing right into her hands.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Moon Slayer posted:

That's a good point. Okay, I am now accepting applications to be my lackey. Job requirements involve agreeing with and praising every post I make, following me on any quixotic forums intifadas I embark upon, and brigading anyone who says anything remotely negative about me. Apply for the position by voting 5 on my anime game LP thread.

too late im now youre enemy because you gentrified in sim city

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

pentyne posted:

:lol:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

CountryMatters posted:

Boner Machine
Nov 4, 2007

CountryMatters posted:

well what else are they going to do, admit that they were wrong!?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

American McGay posted:

The gifs loving suck because it just feels like bullying. It's literally mocking laughter represented visually most of the time, and instead of being like "hey your post was out of line because of x reason" it's just someone lording their power to silence you and it makes it basically impossible to disagree in good faith

Boner Machine
Nov 4, 2007

pentyne posted:

:waycool:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I'd honestly respect cspam more if they just said "gently caress off we don't believe you and don't care"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
re-regs as coalition building lmao

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Fly Molo posted:

How is this any different :words:

You accused a female poster of doing sexual favors for Lowtax to get FYAD reinstated. gently caress off.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I mean it seems like a joke on a comedy sixer

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
John C-SPAM has a lot to answer for.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete

pentyne posted:

Protecting the image of tmurp thread #42069 by calling innocent posters nazis ftw

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The Chad Jihad posted:

C-SPAM is big into the formulation that there's no such thing as ironic bigotry so...

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

The Chad Jihad posted:

It's in a thread where someone says "go back to your nazi forum" and then they probe all the FYAD posters so I don't really get a joking feeling, more of a vein-popping seething from the notoriously well-adjusted posters of CSPAM

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

sweet geek swag posted:

Nice Try Moon Slayer.

Obviously it is Pastry of the Year who is the real hero here. A true hero! If anyone deserves that red star it is Pastry. Did you know that Pastry of the Year killed Hitler and Ghengis Khan?

Wait now. If Pastry killed Hitler, does not that mean Pastry is in fact Hitler? And also that based on the evidence of their posting timestamps that are demonstrably POST World War II, they did in fact FAIL at killing Hitler.

So not only is Pastry a failure, but also a mod that is a Living Hitler posting on these forums.

The logic is irrefutable, Pastry must be made an admin, ASAP.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Argas posted:

Didn't know about their posting history, saw them on a goon discord first and felt some sympathy for someone who seemed alright but couldn't help but make an rear end of themselves at inopportune times.

On SA it was apparently constantly making an rear end of themselves. Mostly just kind of got pie on my face for advocating for less harsh punishment and such for when they got banned from a discord.

To be clear that is me, on a new account instead of re-regging because Reene banned me after I made a joke about how she refused to do anything about the people who doxed and harassed me and then deleted the evidence I sent her.

I don't have a bunch of friends to back me up on this, but most of the "making an rear end out of myself" was people deliberately misrepresenting things I said when I wasn't in a position to defend myself.

...Does that count as a saga? Getting doxed and harassed and then accused of being a nazi transphobe by people who then left the site? :v:

Heath posted:

The gifs loving suck because it just feels like bullying. It's literally mocking laughter represented visually most of the time, and instead of being like "hey your post was out of line because of x reason" it's just someone lording their power to silence you and it makes it basically impossible to disagree in good faith

Mods should be janitors, not political commissars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Pick posted:

jay z sedan's forums experience in 22 seconds

https://youtu.be/DN9DW4rrEjY

Didn't want this gem to get ignored.