Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

President Beep posted:

so help me christ if you make this about your honda i’m gonna flip out.

if the shoe fit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
my car parked rent-free in beep’s mind garage. lol

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Raluek posted:

don’t worry, Jesus did not speak of his own accord

lol

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

Uptime Sinclair posted:

A second house for someone elses car

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

TerminalRaptor posted:

You're not going to let a man toot his own horn?

is not a man entitled to the toot of his own horn?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
honking off to own the beeps

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

rotor posted:

is not a man entitled to the toot of his own horn?

no, says the archangel gabriel, it belongs to the apocalypse

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I had to go to a dentist yesterday to have a cavity filled and a crown pulled and a new one ordered and I'm kinda nervous about it.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Uptime Sinclair posted:

something something reddit post about taking care of another man’s car

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

Uptime Sinclair posted:

honking off to own the beeps

The old toot and scoot.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I had to go to a dentist yesterday to have a cavity filled and a crown pulled and a new one ordered and I'm kinda nervous about it.

i had to go in for some dental stuff a few weeks ago and was also apprehensive. it turned out fine and i hope yours does too.

Apr 7, 2003

I’ve got another one in September to fit the crown too lol. Doctor’s appointment today but their office is pretty quiet

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i went to the dentist last week and it was pretty normal except for some plexiglass at reception and they made me use some antiseptic rinse beforehand. no issues which is good because I pretty much have all my teeth filled already

Apr 7, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

i went to the dentist last week and it was pretty normal except for some plexiglass at reception and they made me use some antiseptic rinse beforehand. no issues which is good because I pretty much have all my teeth filled already

I had to go for my cleaning, go back yesterday to get a filling done and a loose crown removed, and two weeks to get the permanent fitted. Teeth are a pain in the rear end and I’m riding the train downtown and back for each appointment. Good times.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i take the train 1 stop to my dentist and she is very nice. A+ dental experience

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

in may my dentist made me get an actual conrona test before the appointment

also the dentist did the cleaning instead of the dental tech and man she was just not as good at it, the techs are so much faster and less clumsy

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

sadly last year i got swapped dentists and my hygienist switched from some lady to some dude. it's sad because the lady had a massage chair at her station and the dude doesn't :qq:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

brush y'all drat teeth lol

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

c wfh s: went in to office today for the first time in a couple months and by office has been turned in to a temporary store room so I had to post up on some file boxes for an hour

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the dumpster was full????

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

you know this is going to go in the same direction height chat did last time. makin’ work for yourself

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Jonny 290 posted:

heh

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

wait, you’re not beep!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

jonny is the wizened master. I’m the young upstart, with his eyes on the prize.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
undersecretary beep

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
beep's my punderstudy

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Captain Foo posted:

brushing only slows down plaque- it doesn't prevent it. regular teeth scrapings are mandatory if you want any semblance of having healthy gums

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

PIZZA.BAT posted:

brushing only slows down plaque- it doesn't prevent it. regular teeth scrapings are mandatory if you want any semblance of having healthy gums

i got a waterpik and i'm so so bad at it lol

Apr 7, 2003

PIZZA.BAT posted:

My teeth have been completely hosed all my life due to genetics, my dad lost all his by 40

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
iv fluoride

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I have garbage enamel and tons of fillings because of it

I brush 2x a day with a fancy thing, floss once, and use prescription toothpaste. I don't even eat sweet things

teeth kick rear end

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

just give me titanium dentures or whatever

Apr 7, 2003

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

I brush 2x a day with a fancy thing, floss once, and use prescription toothpaste. I don't even eat sweet things

teeth kick rear end

Lol yeah, same here and I’m due a filling or a replacement every six months

My wife is 42 and cranks along with one filling in her entire life

I brush more than she does

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

do you put sugar in coffee because if you’re a slow sipper that alone can really increase the risk of cavities

mrs mononcqc went from like 1 filling a year to nothing at all by dropping that

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

teeth are the ultimate counter to the thing where a banana is supposed to prove the theory of intelligent design. here are some organs you need in order to eat, there are too many to fit in your mouth and they rot faster than any other body part

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Makeout Patrol posted:

teeth are the ultimate counter to the thing where a banana is supposed to prove the theory of intelligent design. here are some organs you need in order to eat, there are too many to fit in your mouth and they rot faster than any other body part

using the same tube to breathe and ingest food through is poor enough design to kill lots of people, from babbies to adults

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

teeth kick rear end

it's genetic. some people have higher ph saliva which means they get very little plaque buildup but it eats away at their enamel so they get cavities

others with low ph saliva get almost no cavities but get crazy plaque buildup

i'm in the latter category. i'm glad because i'll absolutely take extra teeth scraping once every six months against getting frequent cavity fillings. i've had one in my entire life and that was such a lovely thing to endure