Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Healin Good 21: So Asumi is blending in with the team well enough. She just can't blend in with society. For an avatar of the Earth, she knows almost nothing about how to be a human, even if she's great at fighting. Nodoka had to talk her parents into letting Asumi live with them despite the whole weirdness surrounding the situation. The OP has been updated to include Asumi now, and the villains' plans are ramping up with more of those strange crystals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The episode also featured this amazing Latte face:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah Batetemoda is gone, he is not in the op anymore.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also once again Guaiwaru is smarter than he looks while also being fairly oblivious at the same time.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yeah Batetemoda is gone, he is not in the op anymore.

Kind of a shame honestly.

Also, Asumi is hilarious (as was Nodoka attempting to cover for her). She’s basically a newborn who doesn’t understand anything about being human (including the concept of eating).

Earth still seems a touch overpowered but I imagine that’ll get mitigated quickly. It’s also interesting that the Byogen can get more of those Mega Part crystals just from plucking them out of their monsters (meaning they theoretically have a near limitless supply now).

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

It’s already out in Europe but as of 4 PM (ET) today, KiraKira will officially be available on Crunchyroll in the US (among other countries):

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2020/08/24/crunchyroll-expands-kira-kirapretty-cure-a-la-mode-territories

Larryb fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Aug 24, 2020

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Correction: The whole series is up right now

https://www.crunchyroll.com/kira-kirapretty-cure-a-la-mode

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

time to stream some happy fun baking anime That also turns super dark around midseason in place. Also Akira/Yukari

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So if anyone’s watched the Crunchyroll version, how are the subs?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The translation feels way more natural and less wooden than healing good and has some neat localization choices like using InKIRAtion as a line

Also need to find a Pekorine and Pecorine crossover art now

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Ichika is so bad at jokes.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The Cure Macaron intro is still amazing and Yukari very much is the most interesting Cure on many levels

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

The Cure Macaron intro is still amazing and Yukari very much is the most interesting Cure on many levels

Yukari is fun (she’s basically Michiru Kaioh only with a bit more moral fiber), and the way she completely clowns on Julio later on is one of my favorite moments in the whole season. The problem is she doesn’t really change too much as the series goes on and unless I’m forgetting something never really does anything that clever again.

In fact, aside from maybe Himari and Ciel not a whole lot of the Cures really develop much beyond what we see at the start (and Ichika can be kind of all over the place depending on the episode).

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Healin Good 22: Interesting episode this week, covering some of the same themes from last time. Asumi learning how to be human. With the added twist that she has a tendency to go transparent if she's not fully cognizant at times. Everything worked out, and Chiyu got a fair bit of focus this week. Good stuff.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also the first 12 episodes of Healin Good are finally up on Crunchyroll.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

New picture out showing the requisite super forms for Healin Good along with a new weapon for the group:

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Those look pretty good, aesthetically pleasing and it does look like a super mode (looking at you, Hugtto).

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

My only real question though is why Sparkle is the only one who doesn’t get sleeves.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Hinata gonna do her own thing

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

https://twitter.com/ADNanime/status/1300768274846806016?s=19

France is getting Mahou Tsukai Precure. If you recall, they were the first to announce getting Kira Kira Precure so this might be a good sign for seeing Mahou Tsukai on Crunchyroll in the near future.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Pikestaff posted:

https://twitter.com/ADNanime/status/1300768274846806016?s=19

France is getting Mahou Tsukai Precure. If you recall, they were the first to announce getting Kira Kira Precure so this might be a good sign for seeing Mahou Tsukai on Crunchyroll in the near future.

Nice, it took a few years but it seems like Precure is finally gaining some ground in the west. Hope it keeps up.

Some official DVD releases could be nice too (and maybe another dub provided it was actually done well).

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Healin Good 23: That was a cute episode (as in, an episode literally about the concept of "cute"). A good showcase for Hinata and Asumi. Latte got to play with some dogs that aren't magical, and we got a giant corn monster. Nothing super plot heavy, but it was enjoyable nonetheless

Next time: A picnic! And what else?[/spoiler]

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Sep 7, 2020

rvm
May 6, 2013
Saber? Is it going to be Kamen Rider spin off ?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

rvm posted:

Saber? Is it going to be Kamen Rider spin off ?

Wait, what are you talking about?

rvm
May 6, 2013
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Saber

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3833101

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Kamen Rider Saber but what if it's really Nero umu

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I think you’ve got the wrong thread then.

Edit: Ah right, I mentioned it in my comment nevermind. But yeah, Saber is the newest Kamen Rider series that just started this week.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Sep 7, 2020

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

https://twitter.com/cure_loopy/status/1303330244682801152?s=19

More international Precure news: Greece appears to be getting Heartcatch. (dubbed, apparently?)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Healin Good 24: The Precure take a trip to the lake this week, where Asumi meets a doctor of nature. It was another adorable episode, but the most interesting part was Daruizen creating a MotW who might've been a general if he stayed around longer, but Asumi blasted him back to normal on his first appearance. The villains' plans are ratcheting up, at least.

Next week is a Pegitan episode.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
One thing I found interesting about this episode: if you count the bird was a Monster of the Week, was he the first Precure one to be more like something you'd see on Sailor Moon, with a unique personality and speech? Even when they came out of a victim of the week in other seasons they'd always tended to be mindless and have one-word vocabularies.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Justin_Brett posted:

One thing I found interesting about this episode: if you count the bird was a Monster of the Week, was he the first Precure one to be more like something you'd see on Sailor Moon, with a unique personality and speech? Even when they came out of a victim of the week in other seasons they'd always tended to be mindless and have one-word vocabularies.

Yup, aside from maybe the MOTW from HeartCatch (which mostly just vented the frustrations of their host) I’m pretty sure this is the first monster in Precure history to be something more akin to the kind you’d see in Sailor Moon/Sentai. I kind of like this honestly and hope we see more like this in the future

Larryb fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Sep 13, 2020

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah it was more like an ever shorter lived Batetemouda.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I was shocked to see it since I figured they may have just forgotten about how Batetemouda was made given Covid

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I was shocked to see it since I figured they may have just forgotten about how Batetemouda was made given Covid

Yeah, we also didn’t see anything get left behind when Batetemoda was purified. Which leads me to the following thoughts:

A: The nutria he was born from ran away immediately after returning to normal and we just didn’t see it.

B: He’s not down for the count yet and may pop up later down the road

or

C: Asumi murdered a woodland creature

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Justin_Brett posted:

To add onto this, there were also a few MOTW like this during the first part of KiraKira.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Oh yeah I forgot about those. Kira in general shook up that usual formula, which was nice.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Justin_Brett posted:

Oh yeah I forgot about those. Kira in general shook up that usual formula, which was nice.

Yeah, aside from the thieves at the beginning KiraKira didn’t really have “monsters” in the strictest sense (though a lot of the villains had some sort of transformation gimmick that basically served the same purpose).

I actually wouldn’t mind them trying something like that again one day (or at least, give us some more human sized MOTW with their own unique personalities like the one from the most recent episode).

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Good news we've done it, we're all magical girls

Bad news, we're in madoka magica

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Chokes McGee posted:

Good news we've done it, we're all magical girls

Bad news, we're in madoka magica

That reminds me. I need to finish watching Magical Girl Raising Project.