Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

little Jones and I took turns playing untitled goose game over the weekend. it was fun and we're looking forward to the patch that adds multiplayer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

rogue legacy 2 is a huge chore compared to the first one

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
amid evil is on sale on gog right now, i'm jumpin' on it

(donut county is also on sale for like 8bux and it is a very cute game)

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
shoot I thought the first one was pretty fun.

god that was actually a while ago now :(

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

shoot I thought the first one was pretty fun.

god that was actually a while ago now :(

if you're responding to me, it feels like you're moving through oatmeal, all the rooms are half the size, and every enemy is impossible to avoid

i went back and played the first one to make sure i wasn't going nuts

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Cat Face Joe posted:

if you're responding to me, it feels like you're moving through oatmeal, all the rooms are half the size, and every enemy is impossible to avoid

lol that sucks

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

looks great though!

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

got back into guild wars 2 recently and they just announced an expansion. i don't normally like the mmo grind these days, but its such an easy game to pick up and the other players are so collaborative i'll probably get it too

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I'm just walking around with a literal loving cannon shooting people in the rear end. Run out of balls (because I haven't bothered to go pick up the latest eyebot find)? Oh well I'll just switch to the fully loaded gauss rifle and shoot everyone in the balls vOv

And then I go home and play Fallout 4.

after i got the deliverer and stacked myself for pistols id roll around james bonding everything in vats or just plain aiming. poo poo felt so slick to pop in a wipe out a whole room in a few seconds

fo76 refined the base building well enough, but its just your camp, not a settlement or anything. its one of those things where im sure a mod backports the tweaks, but at this point my fo4 settlements are so settled itd make no sense to find one

they keep adding to the items in fo76 for base design, so thats neat to see people make realistic or corny camps. i made a roadside attraction, while other people try to build little lodge towns or houses that fit in the landscape properly. like one person built a literal set of camp cabins by rail tracks and another build a gas station and diner with a drive thru window. totally useless but fun to see

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i heard wastelanders made 76 actually pretty good but i still don’t really trust it haha

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

i heard wastelanders made 76 actually pretty good but i still don’t really trust it haha

imagine releasing just the engine with no game, and then patching in the actual game with npcs and all, HOW MANY YEARS LATER?!?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I guess the atom store is still egregious even by the standards of real money shops for fake digital guns and clothes yeah?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I never bothered much with the FO4 builder but I was surprised how much you can do with it if you put the time / effort in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-bCszYP0E8&t=21s

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

I said it on discord but I will said it again: Disco Elysium is great and you should play it if you didn't

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

RustyKnight posted:

I said it on discord but I will said it again: Disco Elysium is great and you should play it if you didn't

I'll play it in 2030 when it's free on the Square-Epic-Sony-Disney channel.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Cat Face Joe posted:

thanks for the warning, i liked rl1 a lot and while disappointing i’d rather be forewarned

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I'll play it in 2030 when it's free on the Square-Epic-Sony-Disney channel.

smae jerry

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Cat Face Joe posted:

rogue legacy 2 is a huge chore compared to the first one

thats a shame. i really liked the original.

whats bad about it, too difficult or just not fun?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

A lot of stuff online about the Warrior 'vocation' in DD:DA says it sucks, only has half the special move slots et, pawn AI companions can't time the attacks well - all those are facts, but swinging a seven-foot sword with huge slow arcs and absolutely demolishing monsters and bad guys is very entertaining.

I got my Warrior Vocation up to the top level and the 'Arc of Deliverance' special is ridiculous, takes like ten seconds to charge in which time you can't do anything else and then you can slowly plod around to position your huge mega-hit. If you have 3 decent pawn companions to keep you safe and distract the monsters this is hilariously powerful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czO51CrOVy8&t=18s

Hey buddy, just stay there, I'm coming to getcha

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

jesus WEP posted:

i played a bit of 76 on a free weekend a couple months back and i don’t believe it can be fixed.

https://twitter.com/kennethlogins/status/1098277266977669121?s=21

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i tried fallout 76 when they had a free weekend on steam and it was janky and laggy. they havent fixed anything and it wont be worth playing until they get rid of the multiplayer and the bethesda store. they wont ever do either of those.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Sweevo posted:

thats a shame. i really liked the original.

whats bad about it, too difficult or just not fun?

Cat Face Joe posted:

it feels like you're moving through oatmeal, all the rooms are half the size, and every enemy is impossible to avoid

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i played it co-op with a buddy and it was a lot of fun for the first 20 hours or so as we made our own stories, but the total lack of npcs gets old after a while

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I can't play the fallout games because the timescales are all over the place. It's either 1 year, 10 years, or 100 years after the bomb fell depending on what quest you're doing or what part of the environment you're looking at. GET YOUR STORY STRAIGHT!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the thing that bugs me about the fallout games is how it's decades or centuries after the bombs but everyone still lives in a trash heap of rusted metal.

a hundred years ago from today half the usa didn't even have electricity. you're telling me that a hundred years after a nuclear war that left working atomic era technology scattered around the world, people haven't figured out how to make new house or clothes? get real

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
war... war never changes.

but people do.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

it's cause of raiders, they gently caress everything up

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
it took a couple thousand years for tribes to stop raiding each other and start forming civilizations

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
gary

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
new vegas is the best fallout for post-post-apocalypse

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

new vegas is the best fallout for post-post-apocalypse

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

new vegas is the best

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

the best post-post-apocalypse
Far Cry 5 New Dawn at least did something different with the post-nuke setting, and hey, no rifles firing hypodermic knockout needles at your helicopter!

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Far Cry 5 New Dawn at least did something different with the post-nuke setting, and hey, no rifles firing hypodermic knockout needles at your helicopter!
new dawn was pretty fun while it lasted and i liked the raider aesthetic. the outposts, expeditions and fast travel were well-implemented and the upgrades were decent especially the “””powerz”””. the variety of buddies was better than in fc5 basic too

story is basically stock standard nonexistent and while the connective tissue with fc5 is fairly minimal it’s better to know it than not in that respect

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
i really liked the original far cry and then i bought one of the sequels for console, i think far cry 4 or something? and it was completely different

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

DELETE CASCADE posted:

i really liked the original far cry and then i bought one of the sequels for console, i think far cry 4 or something? and it was completely different
fc1 is pretty different from every other fc, iirc

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
wish you were a far cry from your keyboard right now!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

:swish:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

gently caress

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Uptime Sinclair posted:

fc1 is pretty different from every other fc, iirc

far cry is a far cry from far cray 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

fars cry 1 and 2 are certainly less AAA Ubisoft Game than what followed