Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Fat_Cow posted:

Going to be a weird question, but i'll ask it.

Can any Gune throw up a completed CS3 save for PS4 on MEGA for the US Version?

PS4 saves are encrypted to your PSN/system account and won't be transferable without paid software (Save Wizard) or an exploited system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

kirbysuperstar posted:

PS4 saves are encrypted to your PSN/system account and won't be transferable without paid software (Save Wizard) or an exploited system.

Thankfully I have Save Wizard since I've screwed around with saves before. Though all the forums I've dove around in really don't have what I'm looking for in terms of just a clear game save with at the very least all side quests done/max level.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Fat_Cow posted:

Thankfully I have Save Wizard since I've hosed around with saves before.

Oh, no worries then!

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I like how seemingly minor scenes become big and impactful later on

CS3

CSIV

I think i'm going to grab a copy of Hajimari, looks like i'll pay a small premium but not too far off the usual retail + sales tax games usually cost in USA

I need to learn more Japanese words, shouldn't take too long for a translation sheet to come around.

https://www.play-asia.com/the-legend-of-heroes-hajimari-no-kiseki/13/70d7zr

https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/video-games/37064-the-legend-of-heroes-hajimari-no-kiseki-ps4-.html

infraboy fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Aug 18, 2020

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Please stop posting CS4 images without spoiler tags.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

That bit was obvious lol. If there's one thing Trails will never do, its avoid a chance to reference a prior scene.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

So on a random question, which psp ys game is better? 7 or oath in felghana? I have some spare cash and I'm trying to shore up my psp rpg collection so which one should I grab first?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Seriously can't pre-order the digital edition of CS4 on PSN yet?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Ineffiable posted:

So on a random question, which psp ys game is better? 7 or oath in felghana? I have some spare cash and I'm trying to shore up my psp rpg collection so which one should I grab first?

Oath in Felghana is better than Ys 7.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
The Oath-era Ys games (well I guess Ark would be more accurate...) and the ones from 7 onward are fairly different in practice since Oath an overhead hack and slash with some RPG stuff and 7’s more conventional action RPG what with multiple playable characters. I’d say Oath is a more singular experience since action RPGS like the Tales series are a thing if that helps sway you.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Seriously can't pre-order the digital edition of CS4 on PSN yet?

They've only just put up 13 Sentinels for preorder and that comes out at the end of next month. I guess around this time next month it'll be up?

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Ineffiable posted:

Ys 3 is the best of the classic Ys. Ys 7 is the start of Modern Ys.
If you want to bust through a 15 hour game, Ys 3 is one of the most enjoyable experiences, if you want something more, Ys 7.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

Playing through Ys VI for the first time in 15 years or so and man the dash jump sucks.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

After initial awkwardness i never had trouble with it which is probably part of the reason VI is my favourite game of that era.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

There was a chest surrounded by nothing but pit on an outcrop, and I tried for like an hour to jump on it and never played Ys 6 again, which is shame cuz shipwreck memes and elves.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Finally getting around to finishing Trails in the Sky the 3rd.

jesus loving christ, Star Door 15.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Azure hit 95%

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

Sankis posted:

Finally getting around to finishing Trails in the Sky the 3rd.

jesus loving christ, Star Door 15.

Yeah I don't think anything else in the series came even close to preparing me for that. Just horrible stuff.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

https://twitter.com/ryokutya837/status/1298470726987468800?s=19

next trails arc going to have a new real-time combat system? also a mostly new cast but i think we were expecting that already

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Next Trails game will start with a Boat Crashing on a Shore somewhere on Erebonia, followed by a Red-Haired Swordsman and A dude who loves punching walls getting out of the wreckage.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

https://geofront.esterior.net/2020/08/25/azures-first-editing-pass-hits-100-chest-message-submissions-now-open/

Azure hit 100% for the first editing pass, so yeah I think it might be out later this year

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Command based, real time, action elements.

The Gagharv trilogy has that, as does something like, Grandia. Gotta get a real description and preferably a video to see what it's really like. It won't have the AT system, at least.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

grandia is certainly real time to an extent but i would never say it has any action elements. when you say that i think of mario rpg style action commands.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

I would pay a lot of money for a Trails that adopted the Grandia battle system.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Iverron posted:

I would pay a lot of money for a Trails that adopted the Grandia battle system.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
My first thought was how Xenoblade does things, which would be interesting to say the least.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Amppelix posted:

grandia is certainly real time to an extent but i would never say it has any action elements. when you say that i think of mario rpg style action commands.
I have somehow constructed in my mind an alternate timeline of my childhood in which Grandia had mario rpg style action commands :v:

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
I would just worry that a more actiony system would water down the character building aspects somewhat. I enjoy turning my team into untouchable demigods.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I can't believe Trails is becoming a MOBA

e: Dosei Densetsu

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Aug 26, 2020

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I bet Estelle would be a pretty good offlaner

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Looks like the main events on Hajimari take place about 2 years after CS4/Kiseki IV

Also sounds like it is almost a "greatest hits album" for the previous 3 arcs and likely the last time we'll get to play as Class VII, Liberl, and Crossbell teams, while they introduce a few new ones like "C" Thankfully doesn't look like he is Cedric , Nadia, Swin, and Lapis

If anyone is interesting in reading "3&9" They're books in CSIV that are actually about 2 of the upcoming Hajimari characters and villain, doesn't spoil anything in IV if you read them
https://zerofield.net/2020/08/17/3-and-9-novel-translation/

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
This might not actually be the right place to ask this, but I went and bought Trails from Zero. The game runs fine by itself on Linux but I cannot get the English patcher to work. I even tried running the English patcher in windows and then transferring the patched install to my Linux drive. No dice. I'm playing on Windows, but would prefer to be not have to reboot into Windows every time I want to play. Anybody got experience with getting the Geofront patcher working on Linux?

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
YS9 out in February 21 on PS4 and Summer 21 for PC and switch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddEgNU4lzR4

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Man they weren't kidding about the free Fedex upgraded shipping since Japan Post isn't delivering to USA at the moment. I wasn't expecting it so early, going to finish YS8 before I even open this up, the music CD is a nice bonus.

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019

infraboy posted:

Looks like the main events on Hajimari take place about 2 years after CS4/Kiseki IV

Why's Class VII still in the uniform then?

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Looks like I messed up my timeline, 2 years since the Erebonian occupation and since CS3/4 take place about 1.5 years after the occupation that would make Hajimari a few months after the events of IV, my mistake!

Juna helps the SSS/guild/CGF boot out the old imperial forces and then returns to class VII hence everyone back in their school uniforms

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I just finished my Nightmare new game challenge run of Cold Steel 3. I adhered to the following rules:

A completely fresh, New Game file
Nightmare Difficulty
No Battle Orders
No Chrono Burst
No Dodge Tanks

There were a couple of very interesting fights where I really had to push the combat system, it was a lot of fun really. I'd previously done a No Quartz Hard run, not sure if I could do the above challenge and add No Quartz to it. It would probably be doable, but I would most likely hate myself by the end.

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

I'm absolutely chomping at the bit after finishing Sky 3rd and Zero to start Cold Steel III (played I and II before 3rd and Zero...). Sounds like Geofront's Azure patch/translation is aiming for an early 2021 release... I think I can wait... But drat. Maybe I'll check out Ys VIII - I've never played a Ys game and while the clips I've seen don't really sell me, the music rips and people sound pretty hot on it.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Hocus Pocus posted:

I'm absolutely chomping at the bit after finishing Sky 3rd and Zero to start Cold Steel III (played I and II before 3rd and Zero...). Sounds like Geofront's Azure patch/translation is aiming for an early 2021 release... I think I can wait... But drat. Maybe I'll check out Ys VIII - I've never played a Ys game and while the clips I've seen don't really sell me, the music rips and people sound pretty hot on it.

Patience for the greatest experience of them all squad.
Ys is great, definitely my favorite ARPG, though it doesn't scratch the Trails itch much.

I'm personally passing the time replaying the Gagharv Trilogy, took a small break for the past week, but I'm starting the 2nd half of the 2nd game now, and I'm appreciating the games infinitely more this time, theyre really solid by themselves even with the uhh hundred typos, but seeing how every little bit of this series and Trails intersect is an absolute blast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

Hocus Pocus posted:

I've been playing YS VIII having only played Celceta on the Vita before and it's kind of a hidden gem in Falcom's lineup. Solid combat and mechanics along with good story moments. I kinda wish Tokyo Xanadu had felt more like this game combat wise.