Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I am extremely down with Smellulous’ descent, enjoyed that sode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I really wanted Smelulus to marry the two mothers together so they would both be the mother.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

RandomPauI posted:

I really wanted Smelulus to marry the two mothers together so they would both be the mother.

I thought the exact same thing!

Also, Deli is officially the best character.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I also was hoping for a different answer to the trolly problem. Like "take your friends place" or "ask them to move off the tracks".

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

RandomPauI posted:

I also was hoping for a different answer to the trolly problem. Like "take your friends place" or "ask them to move off the tracks".

"Just push him out of the way!"

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I was just so, so happy Tim rolled like poo poo that episode. "A twoooooooooooo."

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I sincerely appreciate the show’s intense love of weird southern bullshit. We need more Senator Pepsi once we get back to the prime story.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Lmao Tzu posted:

The Rude Talks of Chatting are interesting behind the scenes stuff that go into what Branson had planned vs what ends up happening, how they use their experience doing improv together in roleplaying, the session zero for Come at the King, a few deleted scenes etc.

The Vampire the Masquerade one off was amazing and almost worth the price of admission alone.

I’d say it’s worth paying $10 once and downloading all the content if you can’t donate monthly.

I was able to justify the :10bux: from my fun budget, listened to the most recent Rude Talks which were great and I'll definitely check out that Vampire play. Is there an RSS feed I can plug into my podcasting app of choice? I guess that might be difficult to paywall.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Party Boat posted:

I was able to justify the :10bux: from my fun budget, listened to the most recent Rude Talks which were great and I'll definitely check out that Vampire play. Is there an RSS feed I can plug into my podcasting app of choice? I guess that might be difficult to paywall.

When you sign up on Patreon, they'll give you an RSS feed.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I guess I should check my loving emails! Awesome, thanks.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Party Boat posted:

I guess I should check my loving emails! Awesome, thanks.

You can always look on Patreon as well, the link should be in your rewards somewhere.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I’d like to get my hands on one of those sonic youth shirts they have but they’re limited to the top tier of the Patreon and that’s limited to like 100 folks. I’d be down to throw 30 bucks at them for my level of enjoyment plus the cost of a shirt but it’s super annoying that I can’t unless someone drops.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Warbird posted:

I’d like to get my hands on one of those sonic youth shirts they have but they’re limited to the top tier of the Patreon and that’s limited to like 100 folks. I’d be down to throw 30 bucks at them for my level of enjoyment plus the cost of a shirt but it’s super annoying that I can’t unless someone drops.

I always thought it was kind of weird they only had so many slots for the highest tier. Is it just because they're relatively new?

Though I wonder if you could ask in the Discord about it. I know they just started selling shirts, if enough people are asking for it they might do an extra run or something.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

iirc, folks at the highest tier get some level of input on the creative process and also get those character sheet thingies. I'd assume they don't want to blow out their time accommodating all that and want to cap it off. That said, let me buy the drat shirt.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Warbird posted:

iirc, folks at the highest tier get some level of input on the creative process and also get those character sheet thingies. I'd assume they don't want to blow out their time accommodating all that and want to cap it off. That said, let me buy the drat shirt.

Makes sense. In that case I'd start making noise on the Discord. From what I've seen they're fairly active in it, and a merch thing is more likely to be taken seriously than anything else. I know Boggy from Dimension 20 is coming out because people kept saying they'd buy it.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I hadn’t joined but it’s certainly worth a shot. I wonder if I could sweet talk them into a bundle with one of the live show tickets.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I have no idea if there's some kind of extra check before you order but I accidentally found the teepublic page for the Elf Lord exclusive shirt when I was googling to find the Sonic Youth image. What you do with this information depends on your personal moral code.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Boy you sure can just order that thing. Shipping is a bit much, but that’s not on RT.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Now that I think about it, what episode is that shirt referencing anyway? I don’t honestly recall off the top of my head.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I didn't think it was referencing a specific moment, I think it was Branson doing some art that set the tone for the show. And it worked because it got me to listen!

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Getting a shirt referencing a album I only know through memes, for a band I don’t listen to, featuring content that’s not actually in the podcast it’s from is somehow very on brand for me.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Just a reminder, still time to buy tickets for the liveshow on Friday: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rude-tales-of-magic-live-828-tickets-114825552318?aff=erelexpmlt

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Come at the King was pretty good, but it definitely dragged after they split the party.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I'm kind of torn because I loved how expertly Tim was able to make Smellulous completely pathetic. I felt like the bits with the jester were pulled from personal experience of lovely improv partners / audiences

Lmao Tzu
Sep 11, 2014

I liked Come at the King, it made for a fun summer, but I am genuinely excited to get back to the Polaris crew.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Party Boat posted:

I'm kind of torn because I loved how expertly Tim was able to make Smellulous completely pathetic. I felt like the bits with the jester were pulled from personal experience of lovely improv partners / audiences

I was going to say, I appreciate them taking a quarter of the episode to read a transcript from almost any improv group meeting.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Any idea if there will be a replay of the liveshow 6PM is a bit early.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Iirc it will be recorded and available for folks unable to make it

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Yeah they've said in the patreon / on twitter that if you can't make the show they're going to make it available as some kind of digital download in the store after the fact.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Party Boat posted:

Yeah they've said in the patreon / on twitter that if you can't make the show they're going to make it available as some kind of digital download in the store after the fact.

Awesome! Thanks

Crisco Kid
Jan 14, 2008

Where does the wind come from that blows upon your face, that fans the pages of your book?
All the Fantasy New Orleans riffs completely killed me. The finale wrapped up a little fast, but I ended up really enjoying it and have gotten a friend hooked.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I’ll have to get it after 6pm and kids does not mix

I didn’t mind the final episode but you could tell the miniseries went past where they thought it would go, looking forward to the main show again

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

koshmar posted:

Any idea if there will be a replay of the liveshow 6PM is a bit early.

Like other people have said it's going to be available as a download after the fact. Which is good because New York time means 8 is 6 for a lot of people and 4 for a lot of others.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

It’s 2am in the UK and yeah wouldn’t want to try and catch it live.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Noxville posted:

It’s 2am in the UK and yeah wouldn’t want to try and catch it live.

I watched another show the same way recently, and they managed to set it up so you could watch for the whole weekend if you had bought a ticket for precisely the time zone reason. Surprised they didn't do that here.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Heads up, online live show is starting soon.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Just 5 minutes to go.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
Isn't it at 9?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Toebone posted: