Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Digital Jedi posted:

After a few more games of the new warzone I'm sort of disliking it more and more by each additional game. Feels like you descend to slow and opening/cutting the parachute is to slow as well especially when you see enemies around. They kill you before you even can react.

Now when you can get a good streak going with a few kills it does feel awesome.

Trying to get that 3 point blank shotgun double kills mission but how close is point blank? I can get the double kills but never close enough.

Point blank pretty much requires you to have your barrel touching their body to count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

Ceros_X posted:

No, I mean like, a web interface or a program I can use to read the game stats. I usually go in and do it that way but trying to keep track of what I already golded and what I am working on (and what part) is a chore sometimes. I'm probably in the minority but painfully grinding out skin camos is the name of the game for me :saddowns:

I made my own sweatsheet to track camo completions since I didn't see anything else out there that does it.. tempted to go change the numbers to regular numbers to more easily incorporate a percentage to gold but :effort:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JTMOn1EeDJcyDPtScv6uMmnwU2YqvDzqv7qJCLtdezY/edit?usp=drivesdk

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

I used this one https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qEbFkbbYXKDiV3xvHYizhVh_pDMs2gGalT__rLvNiHw/copy

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Or just............. look at the camos you need

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I play the game

mrking
May 27, 2006

drunken officeparty posted:

Or just............. look at the camos you need

Can a game even be fun if it doesn't require multiple spreadsheets to play optimally?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
One thing I do wish is allowing me to track stuff like operator challenges in game

Like, lemme get a box that lets me track whatever the gently caress i wanna track in game

Also it sucks checking gun challenges by flipping through five menus in my loadout to see that it's still not counting kills for whatever The New Gun is

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is the reveal today an in game event?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

RCarr posted:

Is the reveal today an in game event?

Yes 1pm EST in Warzone

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Update just dropped, ~300 MB on PC.

it shriveled up
Jun 28, 2004

Will the event be happening in all Warzone modes, or just in BR?

sdr782
Jun 7, 2005

"I said it was dodgeball time, bitch."

it shriveled up posted:

The official twitter says we should expect a playlist update, so possibly a new reveal specific mode?

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

They're revealing BLOPs Cold War today officially

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

it shriveled up posted:

It’s its own mode. Plunder rules. You have to kill 5 people for Intel then it sends you around the map to find a key then a map code. The map code gives you a coordinate (like B5) and you have to go there and look for a weapon which you’ll find is being held by Woods himself. You get it, unlock a blueprint, and that’s it. Looks like there’s nothing else to do after that but to wait out the match to end (it’s timed based, not on anyone’s score) at which point we get a trailer?

sdr782
Jun 7, 2005

"I said it was dodgeball time, bitch."

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It’s its own mode. Plunder rules. You have to kill 5 people for Intel then it sends you around the map to find a key then a map code. The map code gives you a coordinate (like B5) and you have to go there and look for a weapon which you’ll find is being held by Woods himself. You get it, unlock a blueprint, and that’s it. Looks like there’s nothing else to do after that but to wait out the match to end (it’s timed based, not on anyone’s score) at which point we get a trailer?

My game ended after I got the SKS skin and then Everyone respawned with no weapons and had 1 minute to run to the stadium "for cover" while dozens of planes flew over and nuclear sirens went off. Then the new trailer played with CGI Reagan

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/callofduty/status/1298680451196784642?s=21

If Reagan isn’t a playable operator then what’s the point

https://twitter.com/charlieintel/status/1298679854217351171?s=21

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
God this looks so cool. I played the original Black Ops so much I started having Vietnam War flashbacks. I don't know if I can do that again.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Taking the Halloween approach and leaving the first one untouched and building from it is a pretty cool move.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The event was cool. I wish the nuke warning at the end actually led to a part of the map being blown up. That was kind of disappointing. But the run during that part was cool. Also it was funny killing people trying to find the blueprint.

I would've liked the blueprint to be like, on a table or in a box or something instead of it being just like... some guy. Who is apparently someone important but I've never played COD before so this was just some doofus standing alone in a building

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I will only buy this if Raven includes ultra detailed gore effects a la SoF

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

codo27 posted:

I will only buy this if Raven includes ultra detailed gore effects a la SoF

Man blowing off legs and watching torsos hit the ground in that game was so much fun.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

i like how they make you play an advertisement before you can play normal BR again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RxU-64P4cw

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Raven making a new FPS campaign? Fuckkkkkkk

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Is the playlist still up for anyone else? I backed out at the last step to get in with a friend and Warzone is back to normal playlists.

SKS is my favorite gun :(

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

It's not up for my friends who weren't on either. SURELY that just has to be a mistake and they didn't actually only have the evemt available for like 30 minutes right?? That would be absolutely insane and stupid so SURELY that's not intentional??

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I have zero interest in buying a new COD game atm so I'll be interested to see how well they can exploit my Warzone addiction to try and get me to buy it lol.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Owlbear Camus posted:

i like how they make you play an advertisement before you can play normal BR again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RxU-64P4cw

Yeah but to be fair it was a fun & enjoyable event. We did the mission and then flew around shooting players with strela-p s until the timer ran out.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

God that CGI Reagan is loving CREEPY.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

AceOfFlames posted:

I mean, they got that part right at least.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

AceOfFlames posted:

make it an operator skin and i'll pay to unlock it.

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007
Keep your Reagan, I'm holding out for Nixon like the first Blops.

And then a Catgirl Nixon.

"Arooooooooooo Senpai!"

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

If Reagan isn’t a playable operator then what’s the point

As long as he shoots me in the gut and throws me in a ditch at the end of the single player campaign, I'm okay with it.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Reagan didn't seem too believable to me, you couldn't even see stink lines coming from his diaper/brain

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The plot of Black Ops is going to be that the president is kidnapped by ninjas.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Push El Burrito posted:

The plot of Black Ops is going to be that the president is kidnapped by ninjas.

Why yes, I *am* a bad enough dude to rescue the president!!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Got the Finn to level 30 and my biggest takeaway is avoid the +fire rate barrels like the plague. Although that might be a very different story with the chainsaw stock which I haven't unlocked yet. I feel like its even more effective at short range/hipfire with a long barrel than it is with fire rate mods. With the fire rate mods it legit feels like just about the worst gun in the game.

Overall in multiplayer it feels like an extremely middle of the road gun imo, but the mobility is nice. I'm more interested in it in Warzone though. I haven't used it yet but the low recoil+large magazine+high mobility will probably make it a beast, but I haven't tested it out.

Immediately going back to the Amax for multi after i unlock everything on it though.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Uhhg, I'm trying to do the Warrior's Code mission for the sweet Steel Curtain blueprint and it wants me to win 5 SnD games. :(

Guess I should've checked all the objectives before starting this.

e: i really cant believe people play this for fun

CRAYON fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Aug 26, 2020

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Why don't they just make it its own gamemode on the playlist for a week? What is this insane way of doing it?? I don't understand!!!!

https://twitter.com/CallofDuty/status/1298702602054426624

I already did the event but I'm still looking at this just baffled at how they make decisions with this game

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Is anyone elses controller getting stuck on rumble since the update

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrking
May 27, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

Got the Finn to level 30 and my biggest takeaway is avoid the +fire rate barrels like the plague. Although that might be a very different story with the chainsaw stock which I haven't unlocked yet. I feel like its even more effective at short range/hipfire with a long barrel than it is with fire rate mods. With the fire rate mods it legit feels like just about the worst gun in the game.

Overall in multiplayer it feels like an extremely middle of the road gun imo, but the mobility is nice. I'm more interested in it in Warzone though. I haven't used it yet but the low recoil+large magazine+high mobility will probably make it a beast, but I haven't tested it out.

Immediately going back to the Amax for multi after i unlock everything on it though.

As far as I can tell, the only downside to the high rate of fire barrels seems to be recoil, which isn't very bad. The chainsaw stock still needs to "ads" to hit anything medium range, but I don't think tac laser helps. I would use the Long high rate of fire barrel, merc or commando, sleight of hand, tac laser, no stock or compensator in multiplayer, and skip it entirely for the m4 or mp5 in warzone