Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Also the "Station" thing makes sense. Everyone who says it is from the future, after Station helps Bill & Ted in the present. His name becomes an exclamation and spreads from Bill & Ted using it when they become superstars.

loving hacks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I just saw TENET, AMA

is it any less stupid than the Wikipedia plot summary makes it out to be

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

I knew Hal Landon looked familiar (Ted's dad, the detective)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgsNpbb2A9k

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/JayBauman1/status/1298643437932224513?s=20

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I lied, I didn't see TENET. 2 of my friends went to see it in IMAX tonight and the cinema hosed up and projected it out of focus and they had to leave so lmao

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Randarkman posted:

You know what, honestly, for Bill and Ted Re:View, I think I would have prefered Jay and Josh over Mike and Jay.

*bumps table with a start, causing fine china to jingle in an uncouth manner, string quartet playing classical music in the background suddenly stops*

*silently regains composure, string quartet resumes playing*

well I guess there's no accounting for taste. please excuse me.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

I lied, I didn't see TENET. 2 of my friends went to see it in IMAX tonight and the cinema hosed up and projected it out of focus and they had to leave so lmao

drat you I had a summary of the summary all lined up

“russian oligarch seeks the dragon balls to end all life on earth”

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Can't we all watch TENET now. You know...

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

jeez, already?

movies these days

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cubone posted:

jeez, already?

movies these days

They skipped nine ETs

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

steinrokkan posted:

I hate how Cameron ruined the vision of the director of the original Terminator movie

Yeah, that hack fraud :v:

Again, T2 isn't a bad film at all, I just preferred Cameron's work on the first one.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/Hiny_Rugburn/status/1298657694312730631?s=19

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

rydiafan posted:

Would you say you prefer horror to action in general? That's the obvious pattern there.

I wouldn't necessarily say so, I just think that Alien and Terminator are better films. But it's like saying one well-made expensive car is better than another. They're both well-made cars, it's mostly just a matter of personal preference after a certain point.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I wouldn't necessarily say so, I just think that Alien and Terminator are better films. But it's like saying one well-made expensive car is better than another. They're both well-made cars, it's mostly just a matter of personal preference after a certain point.

Terminator 1 is like a well-made cheap car though. And it's better than 2. Even though 2 is a great movie and probably more ~impressive~.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Imagine risking your life to see TENET during COVID and the projector fucks up

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I think a lot of people grew up preferring t2 because it was so huge, but as they got older stated appreciated the first one more.

Also that Linda Hamilton hair :love:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
T2 has the greatest helicopter stunt ever filmed.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??

Arcsquad12 posted:

T2 has the greatest helicopter stunt ever filmed.

Yeah, Arnie can sure propeller his dick around and around like no other

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I think a lot of people grew up preferring t2 because it was so huge, but as they got older stated appreciated the first one more.

I saw T1 after having seen T2 as a teen and I definitely preferred T2.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
do you think Mike had Jessi, an actress, around on BotW to give Mike a case of the not-gays

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rageaholic posted:

Imagine risking your life to see TENET during COVID and the projector fucks up

Not only that, apparently it had been hosed up since 10am so four prior screenings had been OOF.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Terminator 3 is the best because it lets Arnold show his range.

Also, no kid actors or cheap looking dummy heads.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
can't imagine why anyone would think this pair is gay

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

would it be gay if they were holding themselves

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??
I think that background buzz is they have literally left the back door of their studio open and we can hear crickets chirping.

HardDiskD posted:

would it be gay if they were holding themselves

Two more Bill and Teds are kneeling down out of frame

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Years back I got "Hank Hill Weird Al-d" when someone told me Alex Winter blew his brains out after his career was struggling.

I just believed it for a long time because it seemed so believable :shrug:

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
Look, T1 is a great film, no doubt. But lol if you think it's better than T2

T2 aged beautifully, now go back and watch the T1 finale after arnie's flesh gets blown off.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lol if that's your entire argument.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Terminator's finale is great.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Randarkman posted:

Terminator's finale is great.
It aged super badly. Not all old effects are charming.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
lmao at the idea that Terminator 2 is bad

Motherucker it's like Back to the Future or Jurassic Park for me in that the more I watch it the better it gets. See it as a kid and love it, see it as an adult and love it even more.

Like 6 Joshs in here now lol

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

SilvergunSuperman posted:

T2 is a perfect sequel and is better than the original, sorry

T1 had some sublime moments but as a whole? No contest

edit: goddamn gonna watch some T2. Robert Patrick as the T-1000 killer cop/mimic/etc is so good along with everything else

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Nobody is saying Terminator 2 is bad. It's great. But I think Terminator 1 is a better film and I enjoy it more.

IronicDongz posted:

It aged super badly. Not all old effects are charming.

Why does it have to age well? It's a pretty low budget movie. For the time it was pretty good, and there's some inventive stuff going on there.

edit: Terminator 1 is not first and foremost an effects movie. It's an incredibly tight little sci-fi-action-horror movie, where they had the monster be a robot who looks just like a human, though coincidentally a large Austrian body builder.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Aug 26, 2020

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It's all about T6

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Victis posted:

T2 is a perfect sequel and is better than the original, sorry

T1 had some sublime moments but as a whole? No contest

edit: goddamn gonna watch some T2. Robert Patrick as the T-1000 killer cop/mimic/etc is so good along with everything else

Lol you can say you enjoy it more, but you can't make that sweeping generalization for everyone.

Sorry.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

It's all about T6

chemically neuter dogs

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I only found out very recently that the actress playing John’s foster mom/T1000 played Vasquez in Aliens.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The best Terminator movie is Salvation because it is the only one that is dark and gritty enough to be important and mature

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

priznat posted:

I only found out very recently that the actress playing John’s foster mom/T1000 played Vasquez in Aliens.

And the Irish mom in Titanic who told her kids the story of Tír Na Nóg so they’d sleep through their drowning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Reality Protester posted:

can't imagine why anyone would think this pair is gay

Oh gosh, now both bill and ted are on both the left and right, how will we be able to tell them apart!!!!!