Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha what do you think Bowsette smells like LOL
This poll is closed.
Lilac 12 3.96%
Gooseberries 8 2.64%
Turtle soup 11 3.63%
Your favourite Doritos flavor (please specify) 14 4.62%
Gamer girl bath water 54 17.82%
Stop it 158 52.15%
A Pizza Hut Personal Pan Pizza (Pepperoni) 33 10.89%
get stick bugged lol 12 3.96%
tomato pizza 1 0.33%
Total: 303 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
bloodborne 2 will be what gets a lot of folks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

goblin week posted:

next to my local market there's a machine that dispenses raw milk into single use bottles

i know we're not in the us and aren't expected to do poo poo like "get salmonella from the store chicken" but i always quietly wondered about people who buy from it

Raw milk has a lot of harmful bacteria in it. Its one if the most dangerous foods to consume raw and kills at least a few people each year. Which doesnt seem bad, but most people are smart enough to understand that consuming raw milk is a terrible idea. Youre playing Russian roulette each time you do it.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i want demons and r&c but theres no way im buying a ps5 for at least 2 years +

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Andrast posted:

I'm not buying a console for a single remake of an old game

I am unfortunately

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Andrast posted:

I'm not buying a console for a single remake of an old game

Yes you will, and youll like it.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1298560835141476352?s=20

Let's drop the brand name that's become synonymous with modern VR that's a good idea

gross, guess I can continue to put off getting into VR at least from the Rift side

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Real hurthling! posted:

Demons souls remake has been reviewed by ratings boards. Its coming soon and im gonna try and be able to get a console for it

Oooo. That would be a killer stealth launch game.

I mean, I'm getting a PS5 whatever because I neither have, nor have any interest in having a gaming PC, it's hard to see why you'd get one if you did though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The worst part of the Oculus brand change is that starting in October you will be required to have a Facebook account to sign into in order to use your VR headset.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Yes you will, and youll like it.

maybe after a PS5 Pro or something comes out and I can get an used OG PS5 really cheap

I'm wasting my money on a new way too expensive gpu instead

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

Demons souls remake has been reviewed by ratings boards. Its coming soon and im gonna try and be able to get a console for it

this is the only "next-gen" game i care about so far, but i really want to play it. still torn on whether to get a ps4 slim this year or splurge on a ps5. i wouldn't be able to play demon's souls but i would be able to play bloodborne and sekiro and dark souls 3, which should last me a while. i've played about 250 hours of ds1 over the past two months and i'm still not sick of it

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

I said come in! posted:

The worst part of the Oculus brand change is that starting in October you will be required to have a Facebook account to sign into in order to use your VR headset.

drat, I came pretty close to getting an Oculus about a year ago, and I feel very fortunate that I ended up deciding not to spend that money.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
About three hours ago I finished putting together Lady VGs rig and she has spent that whole time playing TF2 and she is having a ball. She is mostly playing demo and medic currently.

She is actually quite natty with the grenade launcher. For her first ever FPS she is doing great and hearing her laugh at doing damage and getting the occasional kill rocks.

I need to go through my back pack and trade her some superfluous stuff :D

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

https://youtu.be/aTS9n_m7TW0

CGI Reagan will haunt my nightmares

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I said come in! posted:

If you have a Quest you basically already need to have one

Although I will say that this is a really weird dealbreaker for people considering what sorts of poo poo other companies do that they're willing to put up with. Just make a burner like everyone else

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Andrast posted:

maybe after a PS5 Pro or something comes out and I can get an used OG PS5 really cheap

I'm wasting my money on a new way too expensive gpu instead

okay that is a good compromise. The RTX 3000 series looks pretty good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

AceOfFlames posted:

https://youtu.be/aTS9n_m7TW0

CGI Reagan will haunt my nightmares

So long as they bring back the "what do the numbers mean???" cutscene, we are good.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

If you have a Quest you basically already need to have one

Although I will say that this is a really weird dealbreaker for people considering what sorts of poo poo other companies do that they're willing to put up with. Just make a burner like everyone else

you cannot make a burner facebook account

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I said come in! posted:

okay that is a good compromise. The RTX 3000 series looks pretty good.

the important thing is to waste your money on something

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

also facebook manages to make other tech companies not look as evil somehow

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Also god dammit the cold war is like the single most important modern historical event in relation to our current political situation and focusing on some weird soviet spy action story as opposed to the CIA's transition from a bunch of weirdos into the modern deep state by killing JFK seems like a complete waste. I wish CoD wasn't trying so hard so I could be less mad at them

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Remmeber the cold war Bart? It's back, in COD form

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Relax Or DIE posted:

bloodborne 2 will be what gets a lot of folks

Has there been any mention by them or rumors about a sequel? I'll be super excited if there is. I remember rumors about a remaster coming out that's 60 FPS, has there been anything about that as well? I'd like both of those please

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i saw that a bunch of people were mad at activision because they kowtowed to chinese nationalism for a change instead of american nationalism, and it made me remember that time that noted war criminal oliver north consulted and also appeared in a call of duty game as a cool guy who's not afraid to get his hands dirty and do what needs to be done. or what the gently caress ever. and eventually it led me to an old kotaku interview that contained this absolutely unbelievable exchange

quote:

Mark Lamia, head of Black Ops II development studio Treyarch: [...] We put you in this place where it’s, ‘Ok, I’m in that part of history,’ and we have sort of that fiction we weave right through. Part of doing that has been and is getting a first-hand account whether that was last time in Black Ops, when we were highlighting parts of Vietnam, meeting with someone who was a real S.O.G. who did black operations in Vietnam and in this case with Lt. Col Oliver North.

Kotaku: But he’s a controversial figure. Some of our readers said explicitly they consider him a traitor.

Lt. Col. Hank Keirsey, military advisor for the game: Did they really?

Kotaku: Yes.

Keirsey: I think it’s because he’s on Fox News. Probably. Do they know what he really did? I guess I’m out of line even coming into the interview, but the man was involved in a crux of history… [Note: Keirsey pauses as he is waved off by a public relations person and excuses himself]. He wants me out of there.

Lamia: So, you know we’re not trying to make a political statement with our game.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Weedle posted:

i saw that a bunch of people were mad at activision because they kowtowed to chinese nationalism for a change instead of american nationalism, and it made me remember that time that noted war criminal oliver north consulted and also appeared in a call of duty game as a cool guy who's not afraid to get his hands dirty and do what needs to be done. or what the gently caress ever. and eventually it led me to an old kotaku interview that contained this absolutely unbelievable exchange

lmao

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Doesn't Crystal Chronicles come out tomorrow? Who else is getting juiced up

It sounds like Square-Enix managed to make it a fart of a port.

https://twitter.com/Sephazon/status/1298622144142704640

https://twitter.com/MOOMANiBE/status/1298687349115637760

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Whoa looks like thanks to facebook VR I'll be able to see my hands as if they were in front of me!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Well, no thanks

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1298560835141476352?s=20

Let's drop the brand name that's become synonymous with modern VR that's a good idea

just imagine the sikk anime tiddies this dude is coppin rn

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

lmao jesus christ nevermind

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

They found a way to make it even more of an unpleasant co-op experience than needing 4 GBAs and GBA adaptor cables.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

I'll probably be playing moon instead, assuming it downloads before the cat 4, maybe cat 5 hurricane approaching my area knocks out the power.

Also assuming I don't have better things to do while there's a cat 4, maybe cat 5 hurricane overhead.

I saw a tweet or something back at the start of July about how we're in the back half of 2020 and now the boss monster is changing its attack patterns and getting more dangerous. I think about that tweet a lot, especially riiiiiiight now.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Weedle posted:

lol

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Even back in the day CC was super short and rewarded grinding. Guess this is their way of stretching gameplay in the laziest way possible

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Weedle posted:

Haha, oh my god

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Weedle posted:

I needed a good laugh on this lovely day. And to further drive home that we live in a post-ironic world where sarcasm has fully died it passes the "does this sound like a dril tweet" test:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/831805955402776576

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

All games should start and end with a five minute presentation on the political statement the devs are making.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

stev posted:

All games should start and end with a five minute presentation on the political statement the devs are making.

I guarantee that even if this happened randos would still somehow miss the political statement even after watching the thing.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
I used to find it super funny that you as the netherworld leader could bully or bribe politicians into passing stupid laws for your benefit in Disgaea, it's a bit less funny to me nowadays. But it sure is an interesting statement, even played for laughs.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
We already went through a period where every major live streaming event started with an 8-minute blackout and it didn't change anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Chev posted:

I used to find it super funny that you as the netherworld leader could bully or bribe politicians into passing stupid laws for your benefit in Disgaea, it's a bit less funny to me nowadays. But it sure is an interesting statement, even played for laughs.

US just repeatedly passing I Wanna Cheat