Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

njsykora posted:

10.4 patch notes with some cool stuff. Mostly this bit.

So no more running from lethal damage. Also Protector and Celestial buffs with J4 getting more of everything, Rakan getting more health and Neeko's mana being reduced. Blasters also looking like they're going to be better with Ezreal dropping to 30 mana so he could be fully spamming the AOE bombs with a blue buff. Seems like good changes to Urgot too (lower range, spell now hits the first champ so he's more of a frontline muncher like I think he was meant to be.

Also Giant Slayer doesn't do true damage any more so RIP that item.

I advise everyone to watch Mort's video instead of just reading the patch notes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H12po6RDPV4

Specifically, Giant Slayer is NOT changing*, because it never really did true damage; it was a damage amp of 20% post-mitigation (80% on certain targets), and displayed the amplified damage as true damage. They're changing how it displays. That's all.

*it's worse on Battlecasts because it's not an extra instance of damage, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Early returns from watching someone stream on the Korean server: Sorcs Good

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Blue buff Syndra is very good rn

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

kingcobweb posted:

Early returns from watching someone stream on the Korean server: Sorcs Good

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

Blue buff Syndra is very good rn

Can confirm, I actually had someone get real mad at me for running it and when I pointed out Star Guardians got buffed they replied "I'm not a piece of poo poo." Rakan also seems like a ridiculously good tank now, got a Bramble Vest and Dragon's Claw on him and he just didn't take damage until he was the only one left.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Yeah the best items seem to be blue buff and dragon's claw, I'm feeling a syndra hotfix coming

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Speak of the devil

https://mobile.twitter.com/RiotGreenTeej/status/1280961981273391104

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

I played against someone who had blue buff and double spear of shojin at 3-1 and lemme tell you, I don't think this nerf would help.

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

Turns out it's Jhin meta. I hate Jhin.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah now people are figuring stuff out I'm just getting roasted by Jhin every late game. Still think Protectors are a fast pass to top 4 though.

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

Good thing they hotfixed syndra.

edit: what even counters this thing?

uguu fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jul 11, 2020

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
https://twitter.com/GiantSlayerTFT/status/1282721471362732032

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

uguu posted:

Good thing they hotfixed syndra.

edit: what even counters this thing?

This is the least fun I've had with the game, I'm taking a break until the patch gets a bit figured out. Dropped from d2 to p2, I just don't get this one.

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

Just make sure to grab the items a jhin needs, loose streak as much as needed for it.
Then grab 4 dark stars, 2 snipers, a lulu and another mystic and go to town.
I've dropped below 10 hp a bunch of times, but then the comp comes together and you just win 8 times in a row.
Oh, and don't reroll, except to get a silver jarvan. The only things that matter are jhin and lulu.
Climbed from gold 4 to diamond 4 doing this every game.

But it is a real bad patch.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Does anyone really enjoy playing the galaxies where you get to do less poo poo? Binary star, dwarf planet, the blessedly removed littler little legends.

It's like if they actually made the jokey NURF mode from 6 years ago.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I mean, Jhin always seemed pretty ridiculously good to me, his damage is absurd even before they changed how Dark Star functions because both AD and AP increase how much his 4th auto does.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Boxman posted:

Does anyone really enjoy playing the galaxies where you get to do less poo poo? Binary star, dwarf planet, the blessedly removed littler little legends.

It's like if they actually made the jokey NURF mode from 6 years ago.

I do. It makes the game go faster and have less to manage

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I like Binary Star as it makes me think more about what items go where, and I like Dwarf Planet because it reminds me of the beta season.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I was really good at Littler Legends because it let you play good midgame builds that weren’t insane lategame so I liked it for selfish reasons

Also running fast owned

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Jhin seems like the character that's been in the most good builds for the entire season, no matter how much other things have changed. I don't know if there's a specific reason for that beyond him being just generically really good, though.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

The Shortest Path posted:

Jhin seems like the character that's been in the most good builds for the entire season, no matter how much other things have changed. I don't know if there's a specific reason for that beyond him being just generically really good, though.

Wukong started out absolutely useless but since then he’s been a support unit in seemingly every build- Blitz also.

Jhin’s design is such that he’s always going to be The Carry if he’s in a build; most units do something other than stand still and DPS, but Jhin can either stand at the backline and one-shot things or he’s a complete waste of an expensive unit.

There’s definitely a middle ground possible where he’s neither oppressive nor useless but hoo boy they overshot the buffs

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
The new patch is really good, lot of different builds are viable. Everyone is still doing builds from the last patch (jhin, star guardians, protectors), but I've been successfully doing either Jinx or Cybernetics every game. Lucian is a real strong midgame carry.

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

I went to diamond by just forcing Jhin last patch, but I'm pretty sure I'd drop out right quick now.
Would I still get the pretty diamond flair if I drop to plat?

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

kingcobweb posted:

The new patch is really good, lot of different builds are viable. Everyone is still doing builds from the last patch (jhin, star guardians, protectors), but I've been successfully doing either Jinx or Cybernetics every game. Lucian is a real strong midgame carry.

I loved playing Cybers a patch or two ago. Do you still go Giant Slayer/RedBuff on Lucian and transfer them to Vayne now?

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

kingcobweb posted:

Teemo's back baby,

This patch is so much better. I forced Jhin back up to d4 but this one is way more interesting.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Moving jhin’s numbers back to fours was also an upgrade.

Also a riot plz as gently caress bug fix here.

https://twitter.com/tft/status/1286443588994269184?s=21

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I would like it stated that Blademaster Vayne is hilarious at making brawlers look like they have the attention span of a goldfish.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Miftan posted:

I loved playing Cybers a patch or two ago. Do you still go Giant Slayer/RedBuff on Lucian and transfer them to Vayne now?

Giant Slayer is a different item than it used to be, it's a generic damage amp item, not an onhit item now.

Red buff Lucian is still the best early/mid strategy. Build Irelia items: GA, BT, IE, Deathblade, that sort of thing. Thieves Gloves is good too. Vayne as a carry is okay, Irelia is better.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

nobody played snipers last game and it turns out that when a 3 star teemo um
crits shrooms that had a base 770 damage with also a luden's proc on top of that

it blows up teams

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

Had a gold Xayah with two items at 2-5, lucky, lucky game.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

This should've been in since the end of beta but better late than never.
https://twitter.com/Mortdog/status/1288586219127894016?s=19

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

We're getting information about Fates!

https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/news/game-updates/tft-fates-mechanic-and-origins/

The new mechanic is Chosen -Champs will sometimes pop in the store as 2 star (costing 3x the usual amount) and doubling up on one of its traits. Owning a Chosen champ will stop further chosens from appearing in the store.

Traits:

Warlord - gain HP and spell power, with an additional bonus for being in winning combat, stacking up to 5 times

Moonlight - a 3 piece trait with only 1 or 2 cost units, when activated, upgrades the lowest star unit. Allows for 4 starred units (presumably this only happens once, right?)

Cultist - the replacement for mech pilot. Summons a giant demonic galio with strength dependent on the number of cultists you have (breakpoints at 3, 6, and 9). 9 Cultist Galio has 7000 health and 600 ad lol.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Cultist is interesting in that the Cultist champs don't get anything from the trait themselves, so its basically all or nothing on the Galio cleaning house. Chosen is an interesting mechanic too, and explains what Mortdog was talking about on stream a while back about having plans to reuse the basic idea behind Avatar from Rise of the Elements.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Boxman posted:

Moonlight - a 3 piece trait with only 1 or 2 cost units, when activated, upgrades the lowest star unit. Allows for 4 starred units (presumably this only happens once, right?)
It's a per-battle temporary star increase, it doesn't permanently upgrade the units.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Of course. That makes way more sense, haha.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Cultist is very similar to Elementalist in set one. I’d imagine that Cultist 3 will be a common part of compositions to get another front liner

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

I'm around plat 2 now -- I might be able to finally make diamond in this, I'd be real exciteddd

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

My current ranked goal is just to hit Plat 4 before season's end after bouncing up and down the Gold ranks all season.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Fates is on PBE now, so we have the full list of champs. Ninja and Exile are back from Elements, and they denied the best possible gag by making Set 4 have Sett 4, because he's a 5 cost.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Holy poo poo The Boss has the best trait in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Boxman posted:

Holy poo poo The Boss has the best trait in the game.

It's beautiful.